TX - Police respond to reports of shooter at Santa Fe High School, 18 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is over 100 degrees here with humidity. There is no way he should've been allowed in school wearing a trench coat. I graduated high school in 2000 (not that far away from Santa Fe) and after the shooting at Columbine, trench coats were banned from my school district and still are to this day.

<modsnip>

Interesting observation from a talking head on CNN - he was just posting pictures of clothing and not a lot of them (as far as we know now) and that alone isn't a red flag.

It's interesting to me how Facebook and other social media have become such a part of events like this. After the fact I think we can search for clues but in advance who knows what we're looking at?

duplicate thread
there is another one with over 300 posts

I alerted mods

I&#8217;m kind of surprised there&#8217;s not more posts here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is fairly local to me so I’ve been watching the news all morning. Read it was a sawed off shotgun and a pistol but not sure if its been confirmed. Not the first time I heard the shotgun reference, I heard it early in one of the live news broadcasts.

There was an officer assigned at the school and he is in critical condition. I’ve found the reference to the officers assigned. News reports are saying he was shot in the arm but I’ve also heard them say chest so I don’t know whose correct on that.
https://www.sfisd.org/domain/32

Wonder if it’s both? [emoji22]

I couldn't believe that suggestion!

It's like they think every school in America should be exactly like every airport. Put the TSA in charge and that'll fix it.

There was a guy on MSNBC who said exactly that and the other person in the segment tried to explain that there are a certain number of airports as compared to schools and it wasn'y feasible to follow a TSA model for schools.

Just observation since some are focused on the clothing. In the main picture going around his ball cap has a peace sign on it and another it's a heart.

From the police audio released, it did not sound like an AR-15. Authorities have stated he used a shotgun and a .38 revolver but did have an AR-15 as well.

:goodpost:

I mean, I can personally testify that beating subject to belt whippings and told not to cry for crying would make it worse and not to ever frown or have a bad reaction to an order from an adult or else get the belt again did nothing but make me a zombie that has no ability to feel or understand my own feelings because I was told I was not allowed to have them. Anxiety, depression the whole 9 and I'm one of the few who seek help for the disorders encouraged by childhood beatings.

Me too. And just figured out that it’s still affecting me and my health in major ways in spite of
25 years of therapy. Sigh.

Melissa Correa
&#8207;
Verified account

@MCorreaKHOU
Follow Follow @MCorreaKHOU
More
PERSPECTIVE:::: neighbor says he heard an explosion coming from a home on Hwy 6 before 7 A.M. he says he thought it was a bus crash, because a school bus stopped for about 10 minutes after the boom. #khou11

Several of us have been together a long time

and know i tend to do stream of conscience type stuff

obviously the therapist is here its not something that i DO

i just saw the mug shot

compared to the other pics

the mugshot

he has gotten fat

he is greasy dirty ( depression ----------not showered in quite a while

that is what just struck me seeing the mug shot

i just saw the mug shot

the mugshot

he has gotten fat

It is very hot and humid outside here. Anyone who goes outside for any period of time looks greasy and dirty.

i just saw the mug shot

the mugshot

he has gotten fat

There was a comment on MSNBC about the heart pin and the speaker offhandedly said he had heard something about the meaning behind the heart but didn't saw what- all I could find was a connection to kids drawing hearts on their wrist is associated with anxiety. That certainly fits in with depression.

how come we have not heard of bomb guys not blowing up some of his stuff?

Regarding the ramshackle mobile home. . .
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...ct-in-Santa-Fe-shooting-promoted-12926019.php

Law enforcement officials appeared to be gong in and out of a trailer next to the property, which Martin said has been &#8220;abandoned for years.&#8221; A police official at the scene told Martin and Varney that the trailer was a &#8220;stashhouse&#8221; that contained homemade pipe bombs and Molotov cocktails, Varney said.

Varney said law enforcement arrived at the trailer just around 8 am. &#8220;There was cops f&#8212;&#8212;&#8212; everywhere,&#8221; he said. &#8220;They were going 120 miles an hour.&#8221;

ok

unlike some i am fair and balanced

he has been following (gov)

he is giving some good info

ok he was OK IMO

i have this image of a shotgun is like two shots and then you have to stick in more bullets to kill whatever

are there shotguns that are not only two before reloading

and what is a co2 bomb??

one of the dead is a teacher

Depends on the shotgun. Usually 2-10 rounds. Mine holds 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's wrong with that as a strategy? If we want to screen STUDENTS, who are the shooters 100% of the time, we have to SCREEN them.

Staggered start times are a good strategy, IMO. Businesses use them commonly for traffic management. \

I think it's worth looking at, for big schools. Prevents too much backlog in screening, and prevents a vulnerable crowd from forming at the screening points that becomes a BIGGER target of unscreened people with nefarious intentions.

I will do whatever it takes to keep kids safe. But I don't see how turning our schools into prisons is a viable option.

When I was a teen in the 80's school already felt like an oppressive prison to me. I was kicked out of two schools, went to a continuation school and ended up graduating two years late from night school.

I hated it. And I didn't learn.

Once I went to community college which was open and felt free, I excelled and ultimately went to law school.

The thought of how we are turning schools into actual prisons and treating kids as prisoners all ready to shiv a prison guard, feels like insanity to me.

We need to do better than this. We need to stop glorifying mass murderers. We need to provide our citizens with low cost, high quality health care, including mental health treatment, like every other civilized nation does, instead of having a profit-based system that punishes people for seeking help. And we need to stop melding our national identity with gun ownership and acting like that's not one of the main issues.

And caveat. I am not against gun ownership. I've enjoyed shooting. I am not for a gun ban. But we have a culture problem. We've allowed a lobbying group to link gun possession in the American psyche to faith and guts and liberty. To us against them. That has caused a massive uptick in gun ownership, and an increase in ownership of the types of guns that allow for more mass casualties.

When I was a kid most people bought and had regular old handguns and hunting rifles. Now everyone has to have 9 millimeters and AK-everythings as if they're soldiers or cops.

As a result of this national obsession, there is access to dangerous weapons by mentally disturbed people whose relatives, in past years, might have prevented such access. Today, gun ideology has led to people with a troubled child or other relative, stubbornly refusing to limit access because any common sense limit to access of firearms, even voluntary, is considered the taking of a right or the destruction of identity, nowadays, instead of just common sense.

Maybe we need to start seeing more people losing everything they have in lawsuits from victims' families because they had firearms in the home despite knowing "Johnny" was disturbed.

We need to change our culture. Guns are tools or sporting equipment, not a badge of honor or an emblematic symbol of identity. I wish we could go back to where people used guns to hunt and target practice, not to play soldier, militia man, or monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay