Identified! TX - Potter Co, WhtFem 55UFTX, 16-30, along hwy, Oct'83 - Bambi Dick

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This Jane Doe is also one that was always in my mind. I'm from IA (as was Bambi) and at one time (long ago) I was a kid off the grid. I found Bambi yesterday on NAMPN and not on the Doe Network. I was surprised her case wasn't on the Doe Network. As far as I can tell NAMPN is the only place Bambi is listed.
I did call the detective (very nice lady) and she did tell me that Bambi had been submitted as a possible match last week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this Jane Doe will be coming back home after 25 years.

WE DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!! and MATCHES DO HAPPEN!!!

Wow! Great job and prayers this is Bambi and her family will get closure.

I am always so impressed with the work you guys do and want to thank you from the bottom of my heart on behalf of these victims and their families.

Hi
I agree you did a great Job.Thank you.

suzanne

Hi
A woman named Teresa contacted me.I have a myspace page on this Jane Doe and this Jane Doe is on my board.This Jane Doe is very special to me she is the first Jane Doe I ever checked with a possible match with my sister and the first Jane Doe I ever knew about.Teresa and I reported this before any one.this is not my match.It is Teresa's.The sheriffs office is apparantly working with Teresa right now.I do think this Jane Doe is Bambi.

Will you keep us updated on this case? TIA! :blowkiss:

Thank you for the work you do for the missing and my prayers are with you in your sister's case.

Sincerely, Boyz_Mum

This match has to be right. I have also searched for a match for this Jane Doe, and I am surprised to learn that Bambi wasn't on Doe Network. I am still learning tho, so it's a good lesson to me... check ALL resources!

It would be nice to bring closure to these cases.

Here's hoping!

Ann,

Thank you for the heads-up and thank you for writing the story.

My heart feels suddenly very heavy for Bambi's parents.

God bless them.

This really sounds like Bambi, especially after reading the article. I hope that LE is finally able to give a name to Jane Doe and Bambi's parents have some answers. I do wonder about one of her rings---a wedding ring. Did she have a boyfriend? Did he disappear for awhile too? Perhaps they got married and then something happened and he killed her? Perhaps she had a secret boyfriend? Where did the band travel to after Iowa? Was she a groupie? So many unanswered questions...

Hello. My name is Ann McGlynn and I am a reporter with the Quad-City Times in Davenport, Iowa. I am writing a story about these cases. Read the story at http://www.qctimes.com/articles/2009/02/19/news/local/doc499e2b740a9e8859431140.txt?sPos=2

Thank you Ann, for sharing the link and writing this story. After reading your story, I am even more confident this is a match. Since they are looking to do a DNA match, it sounds as if Bambi's dentals were no longer available. Been a long time.....

God Bless you Ann for writing this story, and God Bless the Dick family. May they find some closure and peace.

Cubby

Anyone know how to look up where Quiet Riot and Axe toured after the concert Bambi attended?

Thank you for covering this story, Ann, and I think it's especially great that you described the Amarillo police department's extraordinary efforts to identify their Jane Doe.

I couldn't find much about the 1983 Quiet Riot tour, but here's an eBay ad listing QR's tour dates. I can't read the tiny print but it doesn't look like Davenport, IA is even listed. I'd suggest contacting the seller and requesting the next couple tour dates after September 28, 1983. If you explain why you'd like to have the information I'm sure he/she wouldn't mind.

http://cgi.ebay.com/QUIET-RIOT-Apri...yZ105018QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hi
I do not mean to be disrespectful.But this was not through the Doe Work.It was through thier sister site.The Sheriffs office and Modeina Holmes I have worked with in the past on my sisters case are working with a woman named Teresa with this Match.It is her match and call they recieved.

suzanne

Hi
I do not mean to be disrespectful.But this was not through the Doe Work.It was through thier sister site.The Sheriffs office and Modeina Holmes I have worked with in the past on my sisters case are working with a woman named Teresa with this Match.It is her match and call they recieved.

suzanne

Please pass on my "thanks" to Teresa and another hearty "thanks" to you suzannec4444- for all the work you all do! :blowkiss:

Thank you for covering this story, Ann, and I think it's especially great that you described the Amarillo police department's extraordinary efforts to identify their Jane Doe.

I couldn't find much about the 1983 Quiet Riot tour, but here's an eBay ad listing QR's tour dates. I can't read the tiny print but it doesn't look like Davenport, IA is even listed. I'd suggest contacting the seller and requesting the next couple tour dates after September 28, 1983. If you explain why you'd like to have the information I'm sure he/she wouldn't mind.

http://cgi.ebay.com/QUIET-RIOT-Apri...yZ105018QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good find! I wonder if ticketmaster would have an archive of tour dates?

Please pass on my "thanks" to Teresa and another hearty "thanks" to you suzannec4444- for all the work you all do! :blowkiss:

Thank you.

Annmcglyn can you please contact me so I can give you Teresa's contact information.They (Modeina Holmes)are working with her on this match and she really did care and make this match.If I may please say the sheriffs office and Modiena Holmes is working directly with a woman named Teresa on this match also.She is the one who contacted them also.So I pray every one will be giving her some credit also for this match if this Jane Doe is Bambi.Teresa is a very sweet lady and she very much deserves it.That would be the right thing to do.

suzanne

Thank you.

Annmcglyn can you please contact me so I can give you Teresa's contact information.They (Modeina Holmes)are working with her on this match and she really did care and make this match.If I may please say the sheriffs office and Modiena Holmes is working directly with a woman named Teresa on this match also.She is the one who contacted them also.So I pray every one will be giving her some credit also for this match if this Jane Doe is Bambi.Teresa is a very sweet lady and she very much deserves it.That would be the right thing to do.

suzanne

Suzannec444,

Thank you for both posts. I was surprised to see Bambi listed on Nampn but not doe due to the date she went missing.

If I may suggest, you contact Ann through the newspaper link she provided. Please thank Theresa for submitting this match.

Cubby

Hi

suzanne

When I made my 1st post about Bambi, I had no idea someone else had submitted her a few days earlier. I have in no way tried to steal anyone's thunder, and I am thrilled someone else found her too. The end result is someone gets their name, and that is what really counts.

We all should be proud that one more person is a doe no more!
:)

When I made my 1st post about Bambi, I had no idea someone else had submitted her a few days earlier. I have in no way tried to steal anyone's thunder, and I am thrilled someone else found her too. The end result is someone gets their name, and that is what really counts.

We all should be proud that one more person is a doe no more!
:)
I think a few people must of submitted this match.It was just the sheriffs office were talking and working with this other lady too.I didn't know what was going on.I think you did wonderful and have a very good eye.Yes I agree the most important thing is she will have her name back.This Jane Doe is very special to me.

suzanne

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back