TX TX - Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes, 26, did not pick up her child, Mesquite, 17 Apr 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Studies have shown that dogs aren't very reliable. Sometimes they're able to find people—living or dead—but they've consistently missed bodies in field tests.
The police sometimes think they've looked everywhere when they haven't. A disc jockey went missing from the club where he worked, and they found him a year later behind a wall.
D.J.'s mummified body found in club wall - UPI.com
Another guy was found behind a refrigerator in the store where he worked. He had been missing for ten years.
Body of a Man Missing for 10 Years Found Behind Refrigerator at the Supermarket Where He Worked
There have been quite a few other stories like those, too. I could post more examples, but I think you get the idea.

Yes I heard about the refrigerator guy...so tragic...I hope that everything that could have been reasonably searched, was. It would be so helpful to know when and where her last cell phone ping was.

The pre-requisite conditions were present for her to do something totally unexpected. I understand these are also the conditions where one could take advantage of another person. I am leaning to the former here because I don't think she would be an easy target and wasn't in a place where she would be a target, even a little drunk.
I hope that garage and the building was searched with an eye for where someone could hide.

If she fell into a dumpster which was then taken to a landfill soon after, her phone could have been pinging at another location. So far we learned that it last pinged inside the bulding, but we don't know when. If it was later than the time her calls stopped, then she was likely incapacitated and/or separated from the phone.

If she fell into a dumpster which was then taken to a landfill soon after, her phone could have been pinging at another location. So far we learned that it last pinged inside the bulding, but we don't know when. If it was later than the time her calls stopped, then she was likely incapacitated and/or separated from the phone.
She had been talking on the phone quite a bit. It's entirely possible that the battery died before whatever led to her disappearance befell her.

The pre-requisite conditions were present for her to do something totally unexpected. I understand these are also the conditions where one could take advantage of another person. I am leaning to the former here because I don't think she would be an easy target and wasn't in a place where she would be a target, even a little drunk.
I hope that garage and the building was searched with an eye for where someone could hide.
She could have done something very odd like crawling into ductwork in an attempt to break into her boyfriend's apartment. That's happened before.
Missing Texas Woman Found Dead in Ventilation Duct

She could have done something very odd like crawling into ductwork in an attempt to break into her boyfriend's apartment. That's happened before.
Missing Texas Woman Found Dead in Ventilation Duct
I hate to be morbid but wouldn't there be smell in that case? My half uncle cut off contact with everyone around 2014 (his dad, my grandpa, had died and he was angry at life and super abrasive to anyone who tried to help) and passed out and went into a diabetic coma six months later. Unfortunately nobody checked on him until a month later when the people in all the other apartments could not ignore the smell.

Last edited:
I hate to be morbid but wouldn't there be smell in that case? My half uncle cut off contact with everyone around 2014 (his dad, my grandpa, had died and he was angry at life and super abrasive to anyone who tried to help) and passed out and went into a diabetic coma six months later. Unfortunately nobody checked on him until a month later when the people in all the other apartments could not ignore the smell.
That would depend on things like humidity and air flow. Some bodies essentially become dried out like mummies and might not produce as much odor, and the air might not be flowing in the right direction to carry the odor to places where people are.
In the examples that I mentioned above, nobody smelled the guy behind the refrigerator or the guy behind the wall.

That would depend on things like humidity and air flow. Some bodies essentially become dried out like mummies and might not produce as much odor, and the air might not be flowing in the right direction to carry the odor to places where people are.
In the examples that I mentioned above, nobody smelled the guy behind the refrigerator or the guy behind the wall.

Sounds like someone needs to go back out with more dogs, just in case!

I am hoping she's still alive, being held somewhere. She could have been tied up and put in a trunk.

Which begs the thought...she was crying next to a car with an open trunk... could she have gotten in and had a medical episode? I hope all cars have been checked. It's very doubtful that the same car would be there after all this time.

Which begs the thought...she was crying next to a car with an open trunk... could she have gotten in and had a medical episode? I hope all cars have been checked. It's very doubtful that the same car would be there after all this time.
I consider that one of the possibilities. Some people don't use their trunks. For some people, it's just a place to store the spare tire. The car could have been subsequently junked out or put in storage, or someone could still be driving it without ever having opened the trunk in the past three years.

Last edited:
Agree with all of this. Also - There may be ventilation ducts associated with the elevator shafts where the heat of the late spring/summer could've accelerated things behind cinder block/cement walls.

When you're a little incapacitated by alcohol anything is possible. She may have climbed into the back of someone's pickup and gotten out a hundred miles away.

I am reminded of this one:

As already said, I don't understand how they're determining what suffices as an alibi. If someone did something bad to Prisma, we don't know when it happened. If the apartments where she was last seen in the video footage were searched, when was that? I'm assuming there would have been a massive amount of time to remove any evidence...

Maybe her ex gave her a verbal description of where he had hidden an extra apartment key. She had been drinking and in a panicked state, parked her vehicle, and ran inside the garage. Searched for the key, found it, and ended up in his apartment. Or maybe none of that happened and it was just unlocked. There was a documented previous domestic violence case, which leads me to wonder if she met her demise in the apts and then the body was discarded later.

Another possibility... she wasn't supposed to be there (didn't have permission), but got inside the apt. Maybe crawled under the bed or something and died from alcohol/drug overdose, and was discovered days later. In a panic, the ex decided to conceal the incident rather than report it, for fear of how it would look. Pure speculation of course, but it just feels like with these sorts of cases, esp with previous evidence of domestic violence, to me it leans heavily toward someone close causing the disappearance vs this person crawling into a hidden area and no one smelling it etc. If there was evidence of a tragedy at a certain time, an alibi that makes it impossible to be involved at said time would be more convincing to me...

Last edited:
As already said, I don't understand how they're determining what suffices as an alibi. If someone did something bad to Prisma, we don't know when it happened. If the apartments where she was last seen in the video footage were searched, when was that? I'm assuming there would have been a massive amount of time to remove any evidence...

Maybe her ex gave her a verbal description of where he had hidden an extra apartment key. She had been drinking and in a panicked state, parked her vehicle, and ran inside the garage. Searched for the key, found it, and ended up in his apartment. Or maybe none of that happened and it was just unlocked. There was a documented previous domestic violence case, which leads me to wonder if she met her demise in the apts and then the body was discarded later.

Another possibility... she wasn't supposed to be there (didn't have permission), but got inside the apt. Maybe crawled under the bed or something and died from alcohol/drug overdose, and was discovered days later. In a panic, the ex decided to conceal the incident rather than report it, for fear of how it would look. Pure speculation of course, but it just feels like with these sorts of cases, esp with previous evidence of domestic violence, to me it leans heavily toward someone close causing the disappearance vs this person crawling into a hidden area and no one smelling it etc. If there was evidence of a tragedy at a certain time, an alibi that makes it impossible to be involved at said time would be more convincing to me...
Theories involving her getting into her ex's apartment on her own (with or without a key) don't take into account that she apparently didn't know where he was staying. One of the guys she last spoke with on the phone claimed that she mistook him for the ex and kept asking him for the apartment number.

Theories involving her getting into her ex's apartment on her own (with or without a key) don't take into account that she apparently didn't know where he was staying. One of the guys she last spoke with on the phone claimed that she mistook him for the ex and kept asking him for the apartment number.
Considering her condition, that doesn't mean that she wouldn't have tried to break into a part of the building that was inaccessible or even into a specific apartment if she thought she had figured out the apartment number. Her mental state made her actions unpredictable, in my opinion.

ETA: You are one active poster, @indicolite22 ! I have been here three times as long as you, but you have twice as many messages nevertheless!

Good point! So then duct work/weird crevices is the next place to search!! Why is this not being done?

I wish the police would release the time of the last ping....why this secrecy?

Obviously they know what they're doing, they're trained professionals, but it seems in this case someone might have seen something and times would help.

How closely can pings be tracked these days? (Location wise). Also can people be so inebriated as to confuse who they're talking to on the phone but at the same time be able to drive? Is the ex she met at the bar the same person living in the building?

If they found her phone, that would help narrow down where she last was...if it wasn't at the last ping, that would help at least know how late she was at that spot.

I wish the police would release the time of the last ping....why this secrecy?

Obviously they know what they're doing, they're trained professionals, but it seems in this case someone might have seen something and times would help.

How closely can pings be tracked these days? (Location wise). Also can people be so inebriated as to confuse who they're talking to on the phone but at the same time be able to drive? Is the ex she met at the bar the same person living in the building?

If they found her phone, that would help narrow down where she last was...if it wasn't at the last ping, that would help at least know how late she was at that spot.
Yes, the ex she met at the bar was living at the building she disappeared from. He has an alibi valid for several hours after her arrival.

She was last seen crying on the top garage floor by a witness and declined an offer for help. Her phone could have fallen somewhere or have been taken from her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyygail
Back