TX TX - Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes, 26, did not pick up her child, Mesquite, 17 Apr 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My interview with UNSOLVED MYSTERIES Podcast for Missing Mother Prisma Reyes. so happy they're helping raise awareness for Prisma's case!
Missing in Mesquite
‎Unsolved Mysteries: Missing in Mesquite on Apple Podcasts

What do you all think?

Great stuff! Interviews with the detectives too! Gives us more insight into her background. Also says they verified the ex's alibi with 3 other people. They do think she could have run into a bad actor. He does say she could have used a stairwell to walk out of the building.

I still find her movements and behavior on the day she disappeared so random and erratic that it is hard to believe that a stalker or anyone else for that matter could have planned her disappearance.

She was angry, loaded to bear, argumentative, intoxicated and impulsive. I still remain in the misadventure camp, but if it was foul play, it was a crime of opportunity.

Last edited:
SIAP, but could this be her?
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

According to namus' map pins for the last known location and for where the body was found only a 10-minute drive away.

Clothes were burned, so they can't identify them, and enough months went by to skeletonize.
SIAP, but could this be her?
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

According to namus' map pins for the last known location and for where the body was found only a 10-minute drive away.

Clothes were burned, so they can't identify them, and enough months went by to skeletonize.

Wow, great find! It seems like a possibility, but I would be really shocked if, given the proximity, they hadn't run DNA or dentals on this person to rule out Prisma. Found under a bridge says homeless person to me. On the other hand, reading through the missteps and miscommunications that often hinder the identification of Jane Does, nothing would surprise me.

I’m not entirely sure, so I’m fully guessing here but my assumption is it costs them money to run dna tests, and they probably get a few John/Jane does a year, so they might not test everyone unless they have a reason to. Also it could be that they did test it but unless somebody on her family’s side also got tested and then uploaded it to the one public site (gedmatch I think?) that allows police to search for the match might not be made? I think that's the mission for that DNA doe project, it's to raise money and awareness to allow for more DNA to be searched, and to help identify missing and unidentified, because the police don't always do it themselves.

Wow, great find! It seems like a possibility, but I would be really shocked if, given the proximity, they hadn't run DNA or dentals on this person to rule out Prisma. Found under a bridge says homeless person to me. On the other hand, reading through the missteps and miscommunications that often hinder the identification of Jane Does, nothing would surprise me.

Who would bother to burn the clothes of a homeless person? Unless the decedent were trying to keep themselves warm with a fire I suppose?

Paradoxical undressing doesn't seem like it would be a thing in Texas, too warm. This person, whoever they are, deserve to have their name and story given back to them.

I don't think it's Prisma because someone would have seen her walking all that way and if someone killed her they would (presumably) at least bury her rather than leaving her in the open to be found.

Right, I would agree that the clothes being burnt doesn't say "homeless person" to me, but if you look at the map view, saying "bridge" is being generous. It looks more like a covert to me, the perfect place to "hide" and then get away quick. Here's a top-down view if this is the correct location:
imgur.com

statistically I feel that this NOT being the ex who had already harmed her and that she had been fighting with all day.. it doesn't make sense, any any at all. I do know it's possible, but I also know its possible for him to have an alibi and come in contact with her at some point later, and then she is never ever heard from again. I feel so for her son :(
MOO

If Prisma finally found his apartment and had a key, or it was open, wouldn’t his alibi not matter as he had to come back at some point?
Jmo
I find it unlikely that she would have a key to his appartment without knowing its location within the building. Same for the apartment being left unlocked.

Forgive me for not knowing but will someone explain what SIAP means?
Sorry I Am Posting? That's all I can think but I would like to be absolutely positive for future reference. Thank you for your help and patience.

Posted by @MillerEP

Eight years of Dateline's Missing in America: 169 still missing

prisma_reyes.png

Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes, of Mesquite, Texas, has not been seen since April 17, 2019. She was reported missing after she did not pick up her 6-year-old son from the babysitter’s house in Old East Dallas that evening. Lieutenant Stephen Biggs with the Mesquite Police Department said they've interviewed hundreds of people in the case, but are still at a loss as to what happened to Prisma. The 26-year-old left her job at a car dealership for lunch on April 17 and never returned. She was spotted having lunch with her ex-boyfriend at the E Bar Tex Mex restaurant located on North Haskell Avenue. The man left, but police said Prisma stayed at the restaurant and continued drinking until police said she was asked to leave. Security video later showed her running into the garage of the Olympus at Ross apartments along Ross Avenue where her ex-boyfriend lived, but police learned he was not there at the time. Police told Dateline in 2019 that there was nothing that indicated foul play at the time, but were concerned that no one had heard from Prisma in months. Now, in 2021, police say there have been no updates and they encourage anyone with information to come forward. Prisma is described as 5’2” and weighs around 135 lbs. She has brown hair and brown eyes. Anyone with information about Prisma’s whereabouts is urged to call the Mesquite Police Department at (972) 285-6336.

I’m not entirely sure, so I’m fully guessing here but my assumption is it costs them money to run dna tests, and they probably get a few John/Jane does a year, so they might not test everyone unless they have a reason to. Also it could be that they did test it but unless somebody on her family’s side also got tested and then uploaded it to the one public site (gedmatch I think?) that allows police to search for the match might not be made? I think that's the mission for that DNA doe project, it's to raise money and awareness to allow for more DNA to be searched, and to help identify missing and unidentified, because the police don't always do it themselves.
Maybe it has something to do with what limited amounts of things they can do with dna they have.

Many colors, many shades
You show us
As your trace creates
Many questions, many theories

Wherever you are,
I hope you feel safe
If near, or far
You're always in our hearts

We await
With bated breath
That day, that date
When you run back to the world