TX TX - Rachel Cooke, 20, Georgetown, 10 Jan 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope & pray that A-HOLE finally lets the Cooke family where he put Rachel so they can give her a proper burial. I have been following this case for a long time.

I may have missed this, but are they close to recovering her body? My thought are with the Cooke family, I remember her father posting on here some time ago but he left.

2sisters said:
I may have missed this, but are they close to recovering her body? My thought are with the Cooke family, I remember her father posting on here some time ago but he left.
I don't think anything has been said about this yet, 2sisters. Very frustrating!

Here is a link to a video with Mr. Cooke's reaction to yesterday's events:

http://keyetv.com/topstories/local_story_313191528.html

Here is Michael Keith Moore's criminal history, found at http://www.news8austin.com/content/headlines/?ArID=174444&SecID=2 (New 8 Austin)

Moore has a criminal history dating back to 1992:

Nov. 28, 1992: Charged with Criminal Mischief in Williamson County, punishment deferred

Feb. 22, 1993: Charged with Credit Card Abuse in Williamson County, released on police recognizance, 60 days in jail, 10 years probation

Jan. 25, 1994: Charged with Aggravated Robbery in Williamson County, no sentence data available

Dec. 4, 1998: Charged with Unlawful Carrying of a Weapon in Austin, 20 days in jail

Nov. 27, 2001: Charged with Credit Card Abuse in Williamson County

Dec. 19, 2001: Charged with Aggravated Robbery and Unlawful Possession of a Firearm by a Felon in Williamson County, sentence data unavailable

Jan. 10, 2002: Rachel Cooke disappears

Jan. 17, 2002: Arrested for Credit Card Abuse in Round Rock

Jan. 18, 2002: Charged with Theft in Williamson County

June 24, 2002: Sentenced to 14 months in prison, date of release not known

Sept. 23. 2003: Christina Moore is murdered in her Round Rock home

May 13, 2004: Arrested for Unlawfully carrying a weapon in Williamson County

July 2, 2004: Moore enters prison

Nov. 11, 2004: Indicted for Christina Moore's murder. Charged with Aggravated Robbery, Murder and Aggravated Kidnapping in Williamson County.

Feb. 13, 2006: Pleads guilty to murder and other charges. Sentenced to three life terms to be served consecutively.

Nov. 9, 2006: Charged with the murder of Rachel Cooke in Williamson County. Enters a plea of "not guilty."

I couldn't believe when I read this...I hope he will just tell them where she is. Bargaining with someone who is serving 3 life sentences will be a challenge, but maybe there is something he wants in his miserable life that wouldn't hurt too much to give him in exchange.

I hope this brings new information to the case so Rachel can come home to rest in peace.

Camper said:
--->>>Could someone tell me the distance between Christines kidnapping area and where Rachels home was, how far were they from each other?

Both Round Rock (where Christina was murdered) and Georgetown (where Rachel disappeared) sit on Interstate 35, which runs North/South basically through the center of Texas. Pflugerville is the town just north of Austin proper, Round Rock just north of Pflugerville, and Georgetown just north of Round Rock. The two homes are probably about 15 minutes apart.

In speaking to the quotes above about protecting ourselves and Robert Cooke's wonderful work with promoting self-defense, I can say that Rachel's disappearance had a profound effect on me personally. She was 19, ran cross country in high school, and was out jogging in a "safe" neighborhood in Georgetown, a small, "safe" town. At the time I was 24, ran cross country in high school, and ran every day in my "safe" neighborhood in Round Rock. Rachel's disappearance made me realize that the "safety" I felt was just an illusion. I thought nothing of running any time of day, including after dark, by myself. But if it could happen in Rachel's neighborhood, which I considered to be nicer than mine, then it could certainly happen to me. I realized that I was not aware of my surroundings like I should be. My habits changed: no more jogging at night, alone with the walkman. Then to find out that it was not an isolated incident and Michael Moore was actually preying on Williamson County women...oh my gosh...terrifying. And he was right here, living among us for three years after he harmed Rachel and before he killed Christina! I am so grateful for the work that Robert Cooke has done here in Williamson/Travis County and specifically at UT. What an amazing man. I think that there are a lot of us who are more aware now and safer as a result. Who knows, maybe his work has even saved lives! Sorry so long!

FFWifey said:
I apologize in advance if the person charged has long been a suspect and I'm asking an obvious question, but is he someone who has been on LE's radar or is he "new"? I know Rachel's story in general, but haven't read everything about her case.

I also wanted to extend my support to the family since it sounds like Mr. Cooke may follow this board. This development must be very bittersweet for the Cookes. They may finally know their child's fate, but it must be crushing to know the details.

He personally contacted LE in August to say that he had info related to Rachel's disappearance. Apparently LE just told the Cookes about his involvement on Wednesday, though. I would give you the link where I read it, but KVUE updated the article and took that part off. I also heard it on the news last night. A reporter asked how they had linked him to the murder and they said that HE had contacted THEM.

That is scary knowing he was there in your town for three years after Rachel disappeared. I am sure Mr. Cooke has saved lives with his work.

mocity said:
Oh my gosh.. .this just gave me the heeby jeebies. I remembered reading a physic reading of this case. I just went back to it http://www.underworldtales.com/rachel.htm Anyway, in the text she said she kept getting the name Christina and she thought it was someone else this killer had killed. Yikes - Christina Moore is the lady this man killed.
I think that they should show a picture of the accused perp to the psychic and see if she can come up with some additional info. I'd be interested in learning what else she may be able to come up with.

mocity said:
If he is pleading "not guilty" then what do they have to link him to Rachel?

I'm sure you've heard by now that he contacted authorities himself and confessed. He gave details only the killer would know. Of course, now he is recanting.

the psychic has no web site (that i could find) and the e-mail link to that other site is dead. it seems she hasn't written anything since 2005, so maybe she's not doing it anymore (or just not involved with that site).

Thank you Kim777.

God bless the Cooke family for working tirelessly to help other young women.

When I was just 19, I was being stalked, and receiving strange phone calls the minute I came into our home.

The person was actually hiding in the attic space over our duplex, when I came home in the afternoon on my split shift.

IF NOT for a telephone call from my mother, and my telling her of the strange noises I had been hearing and where they were coming from, I might not be alive this day.

This person did not break into our home, and he must have been smart enough to know that he would be traced from the overhead OPEN connecting space joining our half of the duplex to the one where he lived in the other half. The man was married with a small baby.

Great advice Kim777. I don't know the law about young women who might wish to carry a stun gun, while running. Anyone?

The best thing about the man who killed Christine, and Rachel, is that HE IS ALREADY IN PRISON, and cannot harm anyone else. BUT in the meantime WHAT else has he DONE??

Thank you. Kind of an odd twist to the story if he was unknown to LE before he contacted them.

IMO,, no woman should be running or walking alone without mace. or, a gun.

reb said:
IMO,, no woman should be running or walking alone without mace. or, a gun.
I agree, women also need to have some self defense under their belts. My dad taught me a few things when I got my 1st car and was driving home from work alone at 16. One is to have you keys positioned in a way that you can stab someone in the throat if need be or really wherever you can reach. I still carry my keys like that, especially if I am somewhere at night.

2s, what a cool dad you have, to teach you those things!!!

I think we all became way to comfortable in our own surroundings, with all the missing people , it is becaming way to obivious we are going to have to change our thoughts.. I hate that too, because I don't really like to have to focus on everything if I am just taking a nice quiet walk, etc. Is there not any new "news" re: Rachael?

Mr Cooke has updated his journal on Rachel's website as to what took place in court, etc.. He is such a strong person, God I only pray if I ever found myself in that situation that I would have as much grace and perseverance as him.

SewingDeb said:
I'm sure you've heard by now that he contacted authorities himself and confessed. He gave details only the killer would know. Of course, now he is recanting.

Too bad for him, the cat is out of the bag. He can't take it back now.

I know Rachel's dad used to post here on WS, I hope he still reads here sometimes.

Our thoughts are with you RCooke. We know how much you loved your daughter and how hard you tried to find her. Sometimes we just can't protect them from these monsters...........and this guy IS a MONSTER.

Nothing can bring Rachel back nor ease the pain of your loss, but hopefully with this development, you can find some peace in knowing what happened to your precious child.

Even if you never find her physical body, know that she's with you in spirit. She's in every breathe of fresh air, each flower that blooms, every beautiful gift that life has to offer.

Rachel was taken from you way too soon. Now is the time to concentrate on the joyous times you had while she was with you. Rachel knows you loved her and miss her, but now I'm sure she wants you to savor the good times you had together.

I wish you well RCooke and extend my deepest sympathy.

Sincerely,
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste