TX TX - Rachel Cooke, 20, Georgetown, 10 Jan 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RCOOKE said:
Here are some updates from yesterday. Go down to "Murder Charges Dropped in Rachel Cooke Case" .

http://news.yahoo.com/video/2830
Mr Cooke-
I am so sorry to hear this. Please know that your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
The Websleuths community cares about your family and you are a valued poster here.

RCOOKE said:
Here are some updates from yesterday. Go down to "Murder Charges Dropped in Rachel Cooke Case" .

http://news.yahoo.com/video/2830

Mr. Cooke, we are all praying for you and your family, and for justice for beautiful Rachel.
God bless you all and know we are holding you all in prayer.

Didn't this man (Moore) make a confession to police regarding Rachel? Can't that be held against him? I am clueless as you can tell. I just really hope the Cooke family gets answers soon. I have been following this case for years now and often check Rachel's site to see if any new information is posted. I would love to see this case resolved (for the family's sake) even though this wasn't the outcome I was hoping for.

One would think the LE would have had to had some reason for disclosing the info re: him as there would not have been any reason to bring him up if they didn;t feel/know he had something to do with the case.

Anyway, JMO, Mr Cooke and family may God Bless You and bring Rachel home to you..

Take care

Kim777 said:
Murder charges dropped yesterday. It says that they will take everything to a grand jury before filing more charges.

http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/111306cckkKVUEcooke.35366d38.html

How disheartening. But, at least they are taking a fresh look at the case. AT least they haven't dropped it all together.

Hopefully, they will come up with the right suspect this time! FWIW, it still could be this Moore guy. How did he pick out Rachel's name out of all the missing that have still not been found?

JMHO
fran

Today's Austin American-Statesman has a long front page article on Moore.

The violent past of an icy killer
Moore's record reveals remorseless brutality.
By Katie Humphrey, Chuck Lindell
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Sunday, November 19, 2006

The day after Michael Keith Moore killed a pregnant woman in her Round Rock home, he wassitting across from a detective at the Georgetown police station, answering questions about his suspected involvement in an unrelated rape.

Moore wasn't summoned to the Georgetown station; he went on his own to confront the rape accusation, a notably brazen act for a man who had slit a handcuffed woman's throat only the day before.

Still, such boldness conforms to the profile of Moore that emerges in court documents, parole records and conversations with those who have dealt with the 31-year-old, whose trouble with the law began at age 13 and who has spent almost all of his adult life behind bars.

That past is one reason investigators take seriously Moore's recent confession that he raped and killed Rachel Cooke, a Georgetown woman missing since Jan. 10, 2002. It is also why Lampasas police are investigating Moore's possible connection to an attempted kidnapping 21 days before Cooke's disappearance.

The attempt was made about 10 p.m., when the young woman pulled up in front of her Lampasas home after work. A pickup stopped behind her, and the man got out and struck up a conversation, Lt. Investigator Jody Cummings said.

More:
http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/11/19/19moore.html

Moore sounds like the classic sociopath. Even his father says he has no remorse and belongs in prison.

He enjoyed reneging on the confession.

Sounds like what he needs is for LE to open a big ol' can of *advertiser censored* Whupping on him and see if he's still smiling after that!

RCOOKE said:
Today's Austin American-Statesman has a long front page article on Moore.

The violent past of an icy killer
Moore's record reveals remorseless brutality.
By Katie Humphrey, Chuck Lindell
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Sunday, November 19, 2006

The day after Michael Keith Moore killed a pregnant woman in her Round Rock home, he wassitting across from a detective at the Georgetown police station, answering questions about his suspected involvement in an unrelated rape.

Moore wasn't summoned to the Georgetown station; he went on his own to confront the rape accusation, a notably brazen act for a man who had slit a handcuffed woman's throat only the day before.

Still, such boldness conforms to the profile of Moore that emerges in court documents, parole records and conversations with those who have dealt with the 31-year-old, whose trouble with the law began at age 13 and who has spent almost all of his adult life behind bars.

That past is one reason investigators take seriously Moore's recent confession that he raped and killed Rachel Cooke, a Georgetown woman missing since Jan. 10, 2002. It is also why Lampasas police are investigating Moore's possible connection to an attempted kidnapping 21 days before Cooke's disappearance.

The attempt was made about 10 p.m., when the young woman pulled up in front of her Lampasas home after work. A pickup stopped behind her, and the man got out and struck up a conversation, Lt. Investigator Jody Cummings said.

More:
http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/11/19/19moore.html
It really sounds like he had information that only the person who did this to Rachel would know. For that reason.....he would be the best person of interest.
But, somewhere I read that at one time he escaped by just walking through a door...at some courthouse. In that article it stated that "maybe" he wanted to escape again....and so confessed this......( only to take it back)
He likes to be evil and make for mass confusion......plus lie.
However to get answers from this type of character? I will keep praying for answers.
Faith and Hope for the Cookes......

It is kind of interesting that he does look like the possible suspect....
image_4909489.jpg

&

the picture of the suspect here: http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/rcooke.html

Although I think that if you look at someone long enough, your mind can make someone look like someone else...

Montanagirl said:
Sounds like what he needs is for LE to open a big ol' can of *advertiser censored* Whupping on him and see if he's still smiling after that!

Or accidentally leave the door open and shoot him when he tries to escape. But only after he tells all he knows.

real eyes said:
It is kind of interesting that he does look like the possible suspect....
image_4909489.jpg

&

the picture of the suspect here: http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/rcooke.html

Although I think that if you look at someone long enough, your mind can make someone look like someone else...

That's the problem when a sketch is released. All of those sketches are invalid now. The guys that they were drawn from where all interviewed and cleared. Two of them in 2002. Over 4 years ago!

Hello Mr. Cooke,

Wow, reading the article, he is a very, extremely "troubled" individual.. I know you indicated you and your family would be meeting with the prosecuter's on Oct. 21, I was wondering how that went? I know it is soon after and you may not wish to discuss it, I would certainly understand... Also, I have wanted to ask your opinion but not with the intention in any way of upsetting you, but as far as your own perspective do you feel he is the one responsible? Just wondering, if you prefer not to answer, I understand.

May God give you peace, Rachael is very fortunate to have a father such as yourself! I have no doubt God will someway Bless you and protect you given what you and your family has gone through.

SewingDeb said:
Or accidentally leave the door open and shoot him when he tries to escape. But only after he tells all he knows.
Good idea! Just wing him at first until he confesses, then just forget to call for help. :)

Checking in for any update, went to Rachel's site, Mr. Cooke has not updated his journal this week, wondering if there is anything new.. Bumping for Rachel :angel:

Bumping for Mr. Cooke and family, I know this time of the year must be even harder for them.

May God Bless you and your family and bring you answers in the New Year. :angel:

I am glad you bumped this for the Cookes. We live in the same area, and I remember seeing flyers at our local HEB grocery store. I have a daughter who will be 19 in two weeks. She is the light of my life, and I love her dearly. I can only imagine what the Cookes and other families of missing or murdered loved ones go through.

I wonder what is happening with Michael Keith Moore concerning this case. I wonder if the DA is still planning on proceeding. Hopefully, Rachel will one day be found.

I have heard that the Cookes have done a lot of good for other victims and their families. It seems they have and are still going through so much anguish, and yet they choose to become part of the solution. May God Bless Rachel and her family.

I join you both in the same thought for the Cooke family. Special people, the Cookes are, and people like that who are so giving to others in despair, well you just want them to have all the happiness they can. Selfless love is what I think of when Mr Cooke comes to mind, plus he never gives up no matter how tough it is.

Scandi

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back