TX TX - Rachel Cooke, 20, Georgetown, 10 Jan 2002

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree!! It has been to long ~ The pain the families suffer through is unbearable. Her father is an amazing man who will never give up in his search. He and Kelly Jolkowski (Jason's Mom) of Project Jason have been presenters at the Cue Center For Missing Persons' National Conference for the last two years. They did a very educational and informative workshop on Psychics and the issues/challenges the families face as well as statistical information surrounding that topic. Something I wish everyone could have hear - very informative.

Praying for Rachel and all the missing

They did a very educational and informative workshop on Psychics and the issues/challenges the families face as well as statistical information surrounding that topic.

Can you tell me where to find that? I would like to read it myself.
Sorry for being OT.

the videos from the disappeared episodes are no longer valid.
Anyone know where I can find them?

They did a very educational and informative workshop on Psychics and the issues/challenges the families face as well as statistical information surrounding that topic.

Can you tell me where to find that? I would like to read it myself.
Sorry for being OT.

the videos from the disappeared episodes are no longer valid.
Anyone know where I can find them?

I would have to look in my own videos and files from the CUE Center For Missing Persons National Conference - her and Robert Cooke presented this workshop (excellent) but there is a link on the Project Jason website addressing this as well: http://www.projectjason.org/psychics.shtml

I wonder if LE has offered some reduced time or some other perks for Michael Keith Moore if he were to confess to exactly where it was he dumped her body. I believe he said it was in the San Jacinto River in the Houston area which never made sense to me since he would have picked her up in the Georgetown area. What am I missing here?

Her family is so amazing. I just wish he'd have mercy on her family and say where she is!!! It's like by him not telling them he feels he has some sort of power still. Praying for her n the family<3

Episodes of "Disappeared" are available on Netflix and they've added new episodes from season 4. I just checked and Rachel Cooke's show is Episode # 1 in Season 4, entitled "Running for Her Life".

This is in response to an earlier post asking where else the episode was available since the You Tube video is no longer available. Granted, Netflix isn't free, but it's only like $7 to get the live streaming video service only w/ no dvd service.

Rachel disappeared 11 years ago this week. Her family and loved ones are often in my thoughts and prayers. :please:

iPyaW.jpg

Such a pretty girl:/ I often wonder if she knew her attacker.

Watching Rachel's epidsode on Disappeared, so sad, she was such a beautiful girl with so much ahead of her.

Watching Rachel's epidsode on Disappeared, so sad, she was such a beautiful girl with so much ahead of her.

I completely agree. :cry: She really just seems to have disappeared into thin air 11 years ago. :(

VzQc2.jpg

Source

It does she seems to have literally vanished into thin air, im so disappointed there isn't any suspects or much activity. Being she had a pattern, I reaaly think some creeper was watching and decided to take her.
Who was that guy who took Chelsea King and Amber Dubois? These cases remind me of Rachel's despite the time span between the two. But predators do travel. I just wish there was more of a development in this obvious abduction.

Just came across this case. I read there was a confession. Does this person match the description in the white sports car seen that day and did he own a white sports car?

:bump: for Rachel . . . it's been over 11 years now and Rachel's loved ones need her back!

Snipped:

Witnesses told authorities that an unidentified male was driving a late-model white or blue Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Trans Am with white or black stripes along the hood and the trunk in the area of Cooke's disappearance. He was reportedly speaking to another female jogger at the time. The man is described as being in his late teens to early twenties with slicked-back black hair. He was dark-complected and may have been Hispanic.

I check this and Austin news every week for an update. So sad and scary

The above quote is from the Cooke family in speaking of who is responsible for Rachel's disappearance.. They say that they do not believe that Michael Moore is responsible or involved, but rather that it was someone that Rachel knew who is responsible.

Tho, this is not one of the newest articles about Rachel, I must say that I was immediately struck by this above quoted statement.. It hit me like a ton of bricks in thinking of the scenario being that of Rachel having been abducted by someone she knew, rather than the stranger abduction scenario that is most often associated with Rachel's case.

I guess that's why it struck me so hard as it puts an entirely different spin on the way that I have always looked at Rachel's case from the POV of her abduction most likely being a stranger abduction(further emphasized by the bs that Michael Moore threw into the case).. So, to have the Cooke family publicly making the statement about their believing it possibly someone known to Rachel that is responsible for her abduction really has me looking back at the not very often mentioned, ex boyfriend that on several occasions(just during Rachel's trip home for Christmas 2001) made repeated threatening remarks, even showing up at her parents home at 3am causing a scene.. This all just within literal days of when Rachel disappears makes it IMO impossible NOT to have him back on the radar... Jmo.

I will say that in my just now reading or noticing this particular above quote about the culprit being someone known to Rachel..well, IMO it certainly does make sense as far as explaining why no one saw any ruckus whatsoever when the abduction occurred..whereas with a stranger abduction IMO quite obviously the chances would be much greater that Rachel would have fought like hell, kicking up a ruckus, and bringing about attention.. The perp being someone known to Rachel really makes it quite likely that Rachel could have been very easily swayed or in some way easily manipulated into getting into someone she knew's vehicle(yes, maybe even her ex).

Anyhow all jmo, tho.. As always my prayers for this precious family to receive the answers that they've so desperately sought for now more than a decade. God bless them.

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**

*ETA: corrected year

I remember reading on her website Mr. Cooke had a good idea on a suspect but could not disclose who it was because it could compromise the investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KY Cliffhanger
Back