TX TX - Rachel Cooke, 20, Georgetown, 10 Jan 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MaryLiz--THANKS so much for putting those movie clips on here!

I finally had time to watch them--wow--that is a TON of information.

The digs on that property are VERY hopeful. The ongoing tips about this property could end this. I wonder if her ex has an association with this property...does anyone know anything more about this?

MaryLiz--THANKS so much for putting those movie clips on here!

I finally had time to watch them--wow--that is a TON of information.

The digs on that property are VERY hopeful. The ongoing tips about this property could end this. I wonder if her ex has an association with this property...does anyone know anything more about this?

geojeffrey - you're welcome. I didn't catch that whole thing at the end about the digs on the large piece of property the first time I watched it. I think the guy said it was the same "group of people," or something like that, who have called the same tip in for 3 years now. I wondered the same thing, if her ex had anything to do with the property. I don't think they ever said that they completely ruled the ex out, which makes me think he is still a person of interest and they just don't want to say much more about him in regards to the case.

Catching Rachel's 'Disappeared' right now. I just want to hug her dad and the rest of her family. :(

I "met" Rachel's dad on the first online forum I ever joined. I keep him and his family and Rachel in my continued prayers. Bumping for R.C.

I lived in Austin when Rachel went missing, and I was inspired by the strength and compassion of the Cooke family on behalf of all missing persons. I live in Taylor now, and still Rachel's disappearance haunts me. I think of it every time I go to Georgetown, which is often. This case has been covered a lot by the media, but not with the persistence of some others. I have a weird form of guilt, as a writer: could I be doing more to help get the word out? It's a frustration to me.

If Mr. Cooke is still reading this forum, I would like to say hello. I haven't forgotten your beautiful daughter, nor have I forgotten your family's efforts for the larger community of families of the missing. Thank you, sir.

My sister and my mom (who live in the Austin area) both asked me today "have you heard about the girl who went missing from Georgetown while jogging" and I was like, of course, that's Rachel Cooke. Thank goodness the story is still out there.

Coming up on 10 years now. Where are you, Rachel?

Tuesday will mark the 10th year since 19-year-old Rachel Cooke went for a run near her Georgetown home and never returned. Her parents' hearts still pound when the phone rings.

When their daughter, who ran cross country and hoped to someday start her own fashion line, first disappeared, that ringing phone kindled hope. Now, it provokes dread.

continue reading at: http://www.statesman.com/news/willi...earance-ringing-phone-punctuates-2089705.html

I read the article in the Statesman today too. I live very close to where she went missing, and hope the mystery will be solved at some point so the family can get that small measure of closure.

Sad that they divorced after her disappearance. So many married couples who endure tragedies divorce because they just can't cope with that amount of loss together.

Prayers for them.

Bumping for Rachel....I can't believe Rachel has been missing 10 years. It seems like it just happened yesterday. The Cooke family are always in my thoughts and prayers.

:bump:

It's been almost 10.5 years without Rachel. Someone out there needs to speak up and bring Rachel home!

:bump:

It's been almost 10.5 years without Rachel. Someone out there needs to speak up and bring Rachel home!

I agree!! It has been to long ~ The pain the families suffer through is unbearable. Her father is an amazing man who will never give up in his search. He and Kelly Jolkowski (Jason's Mom) of Project Jason have been presenters at the Cue Center For Missing Persons' National Conference for the last two years. They did a very educational and informative workshop on Psychics and the issues/challenges the families face as well as statistical information surrounding that topic. Something I wish everyone could have hear - very informative.

Praying for Rachel and all the missing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imdoey
Back