TX TX - Rachel Cooke, 20, Georgetown, 10 Jan 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There has been a "substantial development" in the Rachel Cooke case and the DA will hold a press conf. today at 10 am. I caught this on the tail end of the news.

Sassygerl said:
There has been a "substantial development" in the Rachel Cooke case and the DA will hold a press conf. today at 10 am. I caught this on the tail end of the news.

Do we know for certain that this development is tied to these remains?

kwatson696 said:
Wednesday afternoon, Williamson County District Attorney John Bradley stated in a news release that a "substantial development in the investigation" will be announced during a hearing before 368th District Court Judge Burt Carnes. The hearing will take place at 10 a.m. Officials said they would not release any other information until the hearing.
http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stories/110806kvueRachelCooke-cb.1a5d1fb1.html

Thars the way I read it too....WOW

Could it have to do with the barrel after all? Oh, MY. Prayers for the Cooke family.

Sasseygirl, thanks for posting. Maybe the family will finally get some sort of closure to this very long ordeal. Any idea where they might post info on the press conference?

Here is why I don't think that this development is tied to the remains:

"Sources say a body still has not been located, but a man believed to be in state custody right now is expected to be charged in connection with her death."

http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/110706kvuecooke2-bkm.1b680a50.html

That is just my opinion from reading this article! It sounds like the announcement is about LE knowing who did it, not having found her. Hopefully now that they know who did it they will be able to find her, though.

wow, I am praying that this true for Rachels family.. to finally have information, as suspect and possibly closure after all this time. That would be wonderful.. but incredibly sad that this happened but at least there would some knoweledge about what happened and where Rachel is... I hope this is the guy. I am hoping and praying and will be watching closely to see what happens.

Hmm I am sure that the Cooke family has been prepared to hear that Rachel was murdered but even so to actually finally have that stated after all this time still must be incredibly difficult. At least without that you can still have a chance to hope that she may come home.. and now hopefully she will but just not the was they hoped. I pray that they finally get the answers they have been seeking. My thoughts and prayers go to the Cooke family as they finally hopefully gain the closure and knowledge that they have been seeking.

I noticed on another board yesterday under the Rachel Cooke thread that Robert Cooke posted that he had a meeting with LE scheduled yesterday morning.

I have a feeling the Cookes have already been briefed on what this announcement will be. I hope we hear soon.

Mr. Cooke posted on another board yesterday that he had a meeting with LE scheduled for yesterday morning. I am sure they briefed him then.

God bless this family, I am so sorry if the remains in the barrel are Rachel, but maybe this family will finally get some closure. :(

sgh_sc said:
Sasseygirl, thanks for posting. Maybe the family will finally get some sort of closure to this very long ordeal. Any idea where they might post info on the press conference?

I am waiting for it to come on on the local news. I don't know if this development is tied to the barrel or not since they are saying only a "substantial development" in the case with charges of murder.

Michael Moore, a man who killed another woman in Round Rock (just south of Georgetown, has pleaded not guilty to charges of murdering Rachel.

http://www.kvue.com/

If he is pleading "not guilty" then what do they have to link him to Rachel?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back