TX - Rachel New charged in deaths of three newborns, Rendon, 23 Aug 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Infants’ remains found under porch :cry: :shakehead:
06:38 PM CDT on Monday, August 24, 2009
<snipped>
Authorities were still investigating how and when the infants died, said Dr. Roger Metcalf of the Tarrant County Medical Examiner&#8217;s Office. He said a report could take several days, but a cause of death may never be determined depending on the state of decomposition.

&#8220;We&#8217;ll have to look at the evidence to see if it was a fetus, stillborn birth or was born alive,&#8221; Metcalf told The Associated Press.

Detectives also were trying to find out if anyone else stayed at the mobile home or lived there before the brother and sister, Grisham said.

&#8220;We&#8217;re looking for any type of evidence such as clothing or any more remains,&#8221; Grisham said. &#8220;We&#8217;ll be out here as long as we need to be.&#8221;

Bo Pavelka, 29, who lives across the street from the trailer, said he had seen a man play with a dog in the yard but had never talked to him.

&#8220;I&#8217;m curious and worried about who it is,&#8221; said Pavelka, who has two young children and a third child on the way. &#8220;Is it some girl having a baby and then throwing it out, or someone taking babies? We need to find out what the h*** is going on.&#8221;

Article:
http://www.khou.com/news/state/stories/khou090824_mh_infant-remains-porch.11171bed6.html

1st Katie Stockton in Illinois leaving a little newborn angel to die in the snow in 2004 & LE finding 2 more infants in her car trunk.

Now someone in Texas is leaving little 2 newborn infants under a trailer & one in a suit case in 2008. :shakehead: That's 6 little angels that a 6 families who want children would have loved so much. :cry:

RIP Little Angels!

:angel:

Infants' remains found under Texas trailer porch

By ANGELA K. BROWN Associated Press

Aug. 24, 2009, 7:39PM

FORT WORTH — Authorities cleared weeds and brush around an abandoned mobile home in rural northern Texas on Monday after the skeletal remains of two infants were found under the porch.

A land owner who rents mobile homes to several people on his 5-acre lot was cleaning Sunday when he found some bones in a box in a plastic bag and others in a plastic storage bin, said Tarrant County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Terry Grisham.

Authorities plan to compare the infants’ DNA samples to that of another baby whose remains were found last year in a suitcase in a field on the same lot, Grisham said. In that case, the medical examiner was unable to determine a cause of death, and authorities had no leads because they could not identify the baby or say whether a crime had occurred, Grisham said.

The brother and sister who lived in the mobile home for about three years before recently moving out denied knowing anything about the remains found Sunday and said they were surprised to hear about the discovery, Grisham said. They have been cooperating with authorities and have not been charged with any crime, officials said.

Authorities were still investigating how and when the infants died, said Dr. Roger Metcalf of the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office. He said a report could take several days, but a cause of death may never be determined depending on the state of decomposition.

“We’ll have to look at the evidence to see if it was a fetus, stillborn birth or was born alive,” Metcalf told The Associated Press.

Detectives also were trying to find out if anyone else stayed at the mobile home or lived there before the brother and sister, Grisham said.

Crime scene tape surrounded the gray mobile home on Monday as county workers cut down 3- and 4-foot-high weeds and brush. Some chairs remained on the front porch of the trailer near the community of Rendon, about 20 miles south of Fort Worth.

“We’re looking for any type of evidence such as clothing or any more remains,” Grisham said. “We’ll be out here as long as we need to be.”

Bo Pavelka, 29, who lives across the street from the trailer, said he had seen a man play with a dog in the yard but had never talked to him.

“I’m curious and worried about who it is,” said Pavelka, who has two young children and a third child on the way. “Is it some girl having a baby and then throwing it out, or someone taking babies? We need to find out what the hell is going on.”

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hotstories/6585334.html

:( Stories like this remind me how wonderful a baby is. Not that you can really forget. I wonder how anyone could hurt the most defenseless of beings on this planet? Their skin fragrance alone is so intoxicating... I just can't imagine hurting a baby.

I hope LE is able to find out who did this. Praying for justice for these sweet angels.

Looks like there will be DNA test all around. They need to test the landlord too. How odd that he should find all three.

It's interesting the way these article are all worded a little differently. This one caught my eye because the way it reads, you would think that the garbage bag containing the bones belonged to the couple who had just moved out. Or, are they meaning that another former tenant left the bag? JMHO.

Infants' remains found at Texas trailer park

Last Update: 12:24 pm

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - North Texas authorities are investigating how the skeletal remains of what appears to be multiple infants ended up at a mobile home park.

Tarrant County Sheriff's Department spokesman Terry Grisham told Dallas-Fort Worth television station KTVT that the medical examiner and forensic anthropologists are studying the remains found Sunday.

Grisham said authorities are not sure if a crime was committed.

Neighbors told the television station that the landowner's relative found the bones in a garbage bag among items left by a tenant who had moved out.

The mobile home park is in an unincorporated part of Tarrant County between the cities of Mansfield and Burleson, about 20 miles south of Fort Worth.

---

Information from: KTVT-TV, http://www.cbs11tv.com

http://www.woai.com/mostpopular/sto...exas-trailer-park/OBlCC62ObU-ETCMudYGZog.cspx

So three precious little angels all together :( I wonder what made them all but clear the tenants that just moved out so quickly. You'd think they would be the main interest here.

I find it VERY strange that the same man who found the FIRST set of remains last year, ALSO found these set of remains!

Deputies Investigate Infant Remains in Mobile Home Park
"We have to find out whose doing this to the babies ... "
August 24, 2009
<snipped>
Investigators continue to search for answers after the skeletal remains of three infants were discovered in a mobile home park in rural Tarrant County, near Rendon.

Neighbors living on Tranquility Circle are rattled by the grisly find. "We just need to find out who is doing this to the little babies", says Bo Pavelta, whose rental trailer sits in front of the trailer, where the remains were discovered. Pavelta says the property owner described to him what he found underneath the porch. "He said he found a bucket with bones and a piece of a skull, with hair still on it".

Investigators with the Tarrant County Sheriff's Department spent much of the last two days pouring over the 5-acre lot. Officials say the remains were found in a tied bag and a plastic box. Each contained the remains of a tiny baby. "We have no way of knowing if this is murder, a late term abortion, or a case of babies being stillborn. Right now, we just have questions", says Sheriff's spokesperson, Terry Grisham.

Authorities say they have questioned the tenants who recently moved out of the trailer -- a brother and sister. They say the two do not appear to know anything about the grisly secret underneath the porch, but still neighbors are worried. "We would just like to know who is doing it and why", says Alisha Nail.

Neighbor are on edge because this isn't the first time. Last year in March, the skeletal remains of an infant boy were found inside a suitcase on the same property, about 30 feet from where the new discovery was made. Investigators say they are looking into a possible connection. "We do want to know if these cases are related", says Dr. Roger Metcalf, with the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office.

Metcalf says pathologists were able to retrieve DNA from the first infant and will now try to match that to the second two, but determining a cause of death may be impossible. "We have to have tissue and there might not be any and there might not be any skeletal markers on the remains to tell us what happened".

Officials say they will continue to search the property and interview previous tenants.

VIDEO: Human Remains Found 2:42
http://www.the33tv.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=380940e3-afbc-4877-814b-94df5a51f1c5&src=front

Related links
1) Crime and DNA Tests
http://www.whozthedaddy.com/news/crimeanddnatests.asp

2) DNA Policy Book
http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/dnapolicybook_solve_crimes.htm

3) DNA Evidence Can be Fabricated
http://digg.com/world_news/DNA_Evidence_Can_Be_Fabricated_Scientists_Show

Article:
http://www.the33tv.com/news/kdaf-tarrant-infant-remains-found-story,0,2839276.story

:angel:

My first thought was 'unwanted pregnancies' too. But even if they were all stillbirths, you can't just toss children like trash. I don't believe all these babies were from one terrified young teen... at least I hope not... and I don't see how this couldn't be criminal to not at least report and give your child a proper burial. Who can experience the tragedy of repeated stillbirths and just throw away their childrens' remains...?

:parrot:

My first thought was 'unwanted pregnancies' too. But even if they were all stillbirths, you can't just toss children like trash. I don't believe all these babies were from one terrified young teen... at least I hope not... and I don't see how this couldn't be criminal to not at least report and give your child a proper burial. Who can experience the tragedy of repeated stillbirths and just throw away their childrens' remains...?

:parrot:

This is going to sound very bizarre...I almost wonder if there was some kind of cult activity involving sacrifices...just seems like that is alot of little ones to be found in one place...perhaps women had the babies strictly for that purpose...I know that sounds strange, but this world anymore is strange.

The brother and sister lived together? How old are they? I wonder if either of them dated anyone? Seems like they weren't real close to their neighbors, maybe a little isolated. That is a very small lot, not many trailers. Usually the neighbors will get to know each other a little more. If they did keep themselves isolated from others, that would concern me more than a little bit.

Brassband, I am with you. I hope they do kinda check out the landlord and his son a little bit. He was cleaning up around the property. And that includes under the trailer? He opened the suitcase with a knife and saw the bones instead of just pitching it/.

Check this out. Here's the trailer. Knowing how satellite imagery usually works on these internet mapping programs, I assume the birdseye is running about a year and a half to two years behind. The one you're looking for has a black and a white truck parked on the side. Note that the brush around it in all directions is GONE...all of it cleared.

Notice in this one, all the other trailers, that are within fifty feet and less than a hundred feet away. AND, there is a rather substantial body of water behind it?!?

TexasBABIES-1.jpg

Here's another one, closer this time....
TexasBabies.jpg

and here's the other side...
TexasBabies2.jpg

Now look at the posted video again
http://cbs11tv.com/video/?id=45632@ktvt.dayport.com

The first baby was found in a suitcase, reportedly thirty feet from the two newly discovered ones under the trailer. And babies two and three were in containers....protected in some twisted way. Thirty feet isn't a lot of distance. The 'suitcase baby' was found March/April 2008. Spring. A year and a half ago. But we know this area was cleared out approximately two years ago. We've got the pictures of the barren, open area. As per the police interview, they are clearing out a large overgrown area. It's kudzu. It grows fast and thick.
There are WAY too many people in this area to just dump freely and the neighbors have said there are several children in this area. Why don't you just dump in the water? Keeping them close. No one would put these babies here unless they had been there long enough to know that no one was going under that trailer and that no one was going in the area where the suitcase child was dumped in mid 2008. I'd guess whoever did this was there for a long time and expected to stay there, and then something drastic happened like jail, or death. I'd guess that the suitcase was pitched into the kudzu, last minute effort to hide that one, and that the other two were already under the trailer buried. I'd say they didn't have time to retrieve them. Maybe they just hadn't gotten around to burying the one in the suitcase yet?
The first two that we know of were; one in a box and one in a plastic container. A woman did this. I don't know what happened to them but I think in some warped, twisted way she was trying to hang on to them and then the bottom fell out.

Very good summation. If you are correct, it makes me sad.

The first thing I thought of when they said a brother and sister lived there for three years, is that it possibly could be the brother and sister's babies. Maybe they didn't socialize with the neighbors because of their relationship with each other. The babies would have been proof that there was more than a brother/sister relationship so they got rid of them. JMO

Of course, they may have had nothing to do with it. It does seem strange that one person found all three babies, but if he were involved, why mention that he found them at all?

The first thing I thought of when they said a brother and sister lived there for three years, is that it possibly could be the brother and sister's babies. Maybe they didn't socialize with the neighbors because of their relationship with each other. The babies would have been proof that there was more than a brother/sister relationship so they got rid of them. JMO

Of course, they may have had nothing to do with it. It does seem strange that one person found all three babies, but if he were involved, why mention that he found them at all?

My thoughts exactly.

My first thought...incest between the brother and sister resulting in pregnancies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jnmeep
Back