TX - Rachel New charged in deaths of three newborns, Rendon, 23 Aug 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looks like there will be DNA test all around. They need to test the landlord too. How odd that he should find all three.

I just logged in to post that same thought.
It could definitely be just a coincidence, but it struck me as odd also.
I think it's very likely that all 3 babies DNA will show they are related.
How very sad, no matter what happened.

My baby boy is my sunshine and my whole world. I simply can't imagine hurting/killing/throwing a baby away. Even if it's determined that all 3 infants died of natural causes (which I'm sure we all agree is very unlikely), how sad for them to just be thrown in suitcases, bags or boxes like this.

It is just tooooo coincidental to me that brother/sister have been living there for three years and they haven't seen a strange person dumping babies in their backyard under all the junk....pretty risky for some stranger to put the one UNDER their trailer, instead of dumping it in the pond, no???

"One of the mobile homes had recently become vacant, and the owner was cleaning it up, Grisham said. The owner pulled back the metal "skirt" around the bottom of the mobile home and was "digging around in there," and found a plastic bag, Grisham said.

When the man opened it up, he found a box, and inside the box he found the "bones of a very young infant," Grisham told CNN. He continued to look, and found another plastic container with more remains inside, of a "similar-aged infant," before calling 911, Grisham said."

You have to work, generally, to put something under a trailer, unless the skirting was flapping in the wind. That would take a big, brass pair, IMO. Too bad there isn't more information on the first baby, how old it was, how long it had been there, etc. That might say alot...

Interesting also that they didn't have contact with their neighbors....

"Bo Pavelka, 29, who lives across the street from the trailer, said he had seen a man play with a dog in the yard but had never talked to him."

MOO

It is just tooooo coincidental to me that brother/sister have been living there for three years and they haven't seen a strange person dumping babies in their backyard under all the junk....pretty risky for some stranger to put the one UNDER their trailer, instead of dumping it in the pond, no???

"One of the mobile homes had recently become vacant, and the owner was cleaning it up, Grisham said. The owner pulled back the metal "skirt" around the bottom of the mobile home and was "digging around in there," and found a plastic bag, Grisham said.

When the man opened it up, he found a box, and inside the box he found the "bones of a very young infant," Grisham told CNN. He continued to look, and found another plastic container with more remains inside, of a "similar-aged infant," before calling 911, Grisham said."

You have to work, generally, to put something under a trailer, unless the skirting was flapping in the wind. That would take a big, brass pair, IMO. Too bad there isn't more information on the first baby, how old it was, how long it had been there, etc. That might say alot...

Interesting also that they didn't have contact with their neighbors....

"Bo Pavelka, 29, who lives across the street from the trailer, said he had seen a man play with a dog in the yard but had never talked to him."

MOO

I also found it interesting that the man who "discovered" the first infant, was the one "digging around" under the trailer. There was a lot of stuff under there, wonder what made him dig around?

Hinky meter going off

my opinion only

The first thing I thought of when they said a brother and sister lived there for three years, is that it possibly could be the brother and sister's babies. Maybe they didn't socialize with the neighbors because of their relationship with each other. The babies would have been proof that there was more than a brother/sister relationship so they got rid of them. JMO

Of course, they may have had nothing to do with it. It does seem strange that one person found all three babies, but if he were involved, why mention that he found them at all?

That was my first thought too.

Perhaps the landlord decided to dig around after the brother and sister left BECAUSE of the discovery he made the year before. I know if I had found something like that, I would definitely want to search the property again. He probably couldn't do it until the brother and sister left. Maybe he noticed something strage about them.

I also found it interesting that the man who "discovered" the first infant, was the one "digging around" under the trailer. There was a lot of stuff under there, wonder what made him dig around?

Hinky meter going off

my opinion only

Yeah, Blackwatch, it seems off that it was the same guy who found all three, but if it was him dumping them, seems kinda crazy to go find them and call the cops. Also in one of the links I read, he stated that he found the first one, so when he found the bag/box, he was really upset and stated something like *oh God, please not another one* and ripped into the bag. What would make him discern between THOSE bags and the rest of the trash, I can't say....but satellite photos posted by Shutterfly show that that property wasn't always so trashy.

Found it:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jJLdGu-wOxKKy8KjDFFVonAvOsAQD9A9LAC00

"Justin Southern said that when he saw the bag and storage container under the stairs, he remembered his father's gruesome discovery.

"That thought just flashed in my head, and I thought, 'Surely Lord, no — please' and I jerked that trash bag open," Southern said. "It's overwhelming. It's sad someone could even think about doing that to a baby.""

Maybe it's not so unusual to check under the skirting when a tenant moves out. Looking under there could be a good indicator if there were any leaks, rodents, etc. Same reasons you might have someone look underneath your house.

Brother, Sister Among Those Questioned in Discovery of Infant Remains
Texas Authorities Unsure Age of Babies or How Long They Were Under Mobile Home
Aug. 25, 2009
<snipped>
Authorities are now trying to find out not only how they got there, but when. Given the size of the bones, they are also unsure of the children's ages, saying they could be anything from miscarried or aborted fetuses to young babies born alive.

The findings were eerily similar to infant remains that were found nearby last year, but remain unidentified.

There have been no children of that size reported missing in the area, Tarrant County Sheriff's Office spokesman TerryGrisham said.

Grisham told ABCNews.com today that investigators have interviewed the mobile home's last known residents, a brother and sister who lived in the rental property for the last three or more years, but had since moved out.

It was the owner's son, Justin Southern, that found the remains on Sunday.

So far, he said, the two have been cooperative, but "it's hard to say" whether they were involved with the infants' bodies.

"They said they knew nothing of it," Grisham said.

If the medical examiner is able to determine how long the bodies had been under the home, he said that may be true. DNA samples will be taken from the remains, Grisham said, and both the brother and the sister have agreed to submit samples.

Authorities in Tarrant County, Texas are investigating the discovery of two sets of infant remains on the same property where a third set was found a year ago.
abc_wfaa_infant7_090825_mn.jpg

Article:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=8408545

:angel:

From the article that AWC's~ link posted in her post # 38

...Investigators are hitting a road block with past tenants, Grisham said, because the Southerns did not keep formal records of who was living on their property. None of the tenants signed leases, he said, and just paid the Southerns a month at a time...

That's going to present a problem if the remains of the first discovery and this discovery prove to be older than 3 years. If DNA rules them out, and the remains were there for more than three years, how in the world would they figure who lived there prior?

Skeletal remains of two infants found in Tarrant County
02:28 AM CDT on Tuesday, August 25, 2009
<snipped>
Tarrant County Sheriff's Department investigators are trying to learn more about the disturbing discovery of human remains at a rural mobile home south of Kennedale.

In it was a bag and a bucket and a towel in which were what appeared to be the remains of a baby or a child.

"I thought, 'Surely, no Lord, no please," Southern said of when he saw skull fragments that still had hair on the scalp.

"There were two skull caps, clearly identifiable," said sheriff's department spokesman Terry Grisham.

Southern saw another container, but said he couldn't take anymore and didn't probe to see its content. Upon their arrival, detectives confirmed his intuition that it too contained the remains of an infant.

"Those babies are with God now," Southern said. "Whoever did this is going to have to face God."

The discovery wasn't the first time remains were found on the property. In March of last year, Southern's father, Rex, discovered a locked suitcase among some brush. Nestled among clothes in the case was the skeletal remains of an infant.

In the case of the most recent discovery, several other boxes were subsequently removed from under the trailer; all evidence is now at the medical examiner's office.

Grisham said it was unclear how long the bones discovered Sunday had remained underneath the home.

"They could have been there when we found the suitcase," he said.

Even though authorities have received no indication that there may be additional remains on the property, they planned to use cadaver dogs later today to comb the area. "We don't want to take the chance," Grisham said.

INTERACTIVE MAP: 6000 block Tranquility Circle, Tarrant County
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...166,-97.226745&spn=0.002576,0.004115&t=h&z=18

VIDEO REPORT: Gruesome Discovery *Included In Article!

Article:
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/d...ories/wfaa090824_wz_bonesfound.1106f186c.html

This map link is closer to what Shutterfly's pictures were taken from!

Google Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...289,-97.226971&spn=0.002576,0.004115&t=h&z=18

P.S. I'm not sure how to add my own arrow to direct you to the exact area. I should learn how to...I know it's not hard maybe someone can message me & explain it to me. TIA

ETA: Look at this map link this is the 1st time I ever saw a human in a google map!!! :eek:
At the address of 6002 Tranquilty Circle! Go to street view & see for yourself. :biggrin: Its the brown moblie home on the corner as you are turning to the 6004 Tranquility Circle! I just know this is the 1st time I've ever seen a human while looking around google maps...she has on a while top with black pants....a heavy set woman. :crazy:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...=pm3sNFTe9JFz3ppJkMbauw&cbp=12,315.02,,0,1.23

OT: Kat I had to tell you all about my lady in a google map....I swear I have never come across a human in a google map. I cracked up laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair! :crazy:

I'm trying to find an article about the first baby sleleton remains that were found by the landlord on April 9, 2008. So far I haven't found it....I'll keep looking though. It is odd that his son a little over a year later comes across 2 more skeleton remains of infants. My hinky meter tells me that it is the brother & sister that recently moved that left these little angels. :shakehead: :cray:

Rest In Peace Little Ones!
angel-baby-clipart-baby-with-guardian-angel.jpg

I'm not to sure it is the Brother and Sister. All the articles state that they have lived there for 3 years. This would mean they were living there when the 1st baby was found. I'm sure that LE would have ruled them out then. I haven't seen it written but I'm sure that they tried to identify the baby at that point. Took DNA from Brother/Sister/Landlord's son, did interviews, looked up previous renters - all this should have been done already.

It will be very interesting to learn how long they have been under the trailer. What a distrubing story...........so many questions, so little information.

I'm not to sure it is the Brother and Sister. All the articles state that they have lived there for 3 years. This would mean they were living there when the 1st baby was found. I'm sure that LE would have ruled them out then. I haven't seen it written but I'm sure that they tried to identify the baby at that point. Took DNA from Brother/Sister/Landlord's son, did interviews, looked up previous renters - all this should have been done already.

It will be very interesting to learn how long they have been under the trailer. What a distrubing story...........so many questions, so little information.

Nope. Can you believe it? In 2008 they didn't do a DNA test on the remains or anyone.

VIDEO~First Person: A Grim Discovery In Texas 2:20
A year and a half after his father discovered remains of a baby boy stuffed inside a suitcase behind their Texas rental property, Justin Southern found the bodies of two more children under the same rental property. August 25, 2009
http://video.ap.org/?f=1167894&pid=tZy8BgTK1PhqHvNxdVNg47aFq04CrKh4

Nope. Can you believe it? In 2008 they didn't do a DNA test on the remains or anyone.

Kat they did get DNA on the baby boy from 2008:

Metcalf says pathologists were able to retrieve DNA from the first infant and will now try to match that to the second two, but determining a cause of death may be impossible. "We have to have tissue and there might not be any and there might not be any skeletal markers on the remains to tell us what happened".
http://www.the33tv.com/news/kdaf-tarrant-infant-remains-found-story,0,2839276.story

What I'll be waiting for is if the DNA matches all 3 babies & if they match the girl who lived in the trailerhome recently. The girl & her brother agreed to let LE get their DNA at this time. I say at this time, because if they are guilty, & decide to contact a lawyer, they can refuse give their DNA....just like Katie Stockten did in Illionios did with Baby Crystal! :mad:

Still waiting for the DNA to come back on the other 2 little skeleton remains that were just found in the trunk of her car...after she was arrested for the murder of Baby Crystal LE found 2 infant skeletons in her car trunk. :shakehead: :cry:

badhorsie I believe they have found a total of 3 infant skeletons. One on April 9, 2008 & the other 2 were found yesterday.

Though LE is searching the grounds today with cadaver dogs...I'm wondering with the water nearby if it's possible that there were any thrown in the water. We may never know if that is the case. :furious:

How can all of these monsters do this to so many innocent little ones. Everyday I hear of another case of another innocent angel who was never given the chance at all. :cry:

Remains of two infants discovered in Rendon
Posted Monday, Aug. 24, 2009
<snipped>
A landlord&#8217;s efforts to clean out a mobile home that had recently been vacated by a brother and sister led to the discovery of the remains of two infants in containers under the porch Sunday afternoon, officials said Monday.

A year and a half ago, similar remains of a male fetus were found in a suitcase in brush about 30 feet from the same mobile home.

Investigators hope to compare DNA samples from the three sets of remains to determine whether they are related.

"It&#8217;s extremely suspicious that there&#8217;s three sets of remains found within a very small geographical area," said Chief Deputy Mike Simonds of the Tarrant County Sheriff&#8217;s Department.

Authorities don&#8217;t yet know how the infants died. They say the brother and sister who had just vacated the mobile home were interviewed Monday but denied any knowledge of the remains.

"We&#8217;re going to lean heavily on [the medical examiner] to guide us," said Terry Grisham, a sheriff&#8217;s spokesman. "Right now, we can&#8217;t confirm if they were live births, stillborns or born and killed. We just really don&#8217;t have any idea."

Unsettling discovery
Sunday afternoon&#8217;s discoveries were made by relatives of the property owner, who rents out several mobile homes on about 5 acres off the 6000 block of Tranquility Circle.

"A person just moved out, and we were over there just starting to see how much they left and see how much they cleaned .&#8194;.&#8194;. and drug a box out from under the porch," a woman who identified herself as the landlord told 911 dispatchers. "And I don&#8217;t think it&#8217;s an animal in this box. Oh, it makes me have goose bumps."

Simonds said officers found the second set of remains.

Simonds said investigators don&#8217;t know how long the remains had been there but noted that they were in "two different states of decomposition."

The sister, 36, and brother, 29, were interviewed Monday. They had been living at the residence for three years, sometimes with others, Simonds said. The pair had been interviewed in March 2008 after the first remains were found, but they denied knowledge of those as well.

He said the siblings are cooperating with investigators.

Roughly a dozen inmates sentenced to a work detail were brought to the property Monday and given power tools to clear the overgrown brushy area that covered about 20 yards behind the mobile home and down a slope to a pond below.

"They cut that back so that it could be examined down to ground level to see if there was anything that we were missing &#8212; any containers or any other evidence," Simonds said.

Late Monday afternoon, sheriff&#8217;s officials were awaiting the arrival of cadaver dogs to search the area.

Metcalf said the remains found Sunday will be carefully examined by a forensic anthropologist &#8212; a process that can take several days &#8212; and then sent to the University of North Texas, where officials will attempt to extract DNA profiles from both.

A volunteer from the Texas Response Unit Search and Rescue and her dog examine the property.
477-Baby_Bones_8_08-25-2009_Tarrant_M8UU06E.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

An investigator with the Tarrant County Sheriff&#8217;s Department combs the scene Monday after authorities found skeletal remains under this porch.
82-Baby_Bones_1_08-25-2009_Tarrant_2OUTT9P.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

Baby Bones Found
362-0825_Bones_Metro_08-25-2009_Tarrant_NAUU0AS.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

Audio: 911 call: Skeletal remains of two infants found under porch *NOTE: Included In Article!

Article:
http://www.star-telegram.com/local/story/1556410.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members