GUILTY TX - Riley 'Baby Grace' Sawyers, 2, brutally murdered, Spring, 24 July 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can someone explain to me why this is not Major Headlining news with all the documents being discussed and the media all over their azzzes like they are with Casey ?

These people ARE completely EVIL

Casey did not treat her daughter like this. I know peoples thoughts on her and I don't want this to turn into a Casey thread but my point is THESE PEOPLE are proven to have done this Why isnt the media all over it ?

Look at that WOMAN laughing like she is sharing a joke

THERE IS NO FREAKING Remorse from her

This little girl was just as beautiful as Caylee

I do not understand why this isnt headlining

I totally agree with you. I wrote to Nancy Grace about it. Now that the first trial associated with this tragedy has started they need to be all over this. I know it's difficult to hear but people need to be made aware of these monsters.

Women says man accused in toddler's death was violent
By LIZ AUSTIN PETERSON
Associated Press Writer

POSTED: 05:49 p.m. EST, Dec 11, 2007

HOUSTON: A woman who was once married to the father of a man accused of beating his 2-year-old stepdaughter to death because the toddler failed to say ''please,'' and ''yes, sir'' said her blood chilled when she heard the charge.

About 30 years ago, Rita Grofer was married to the father of Royce Clyde Zeigler II. She said the older man imposed the same disciplinary rules on their baby daughter and became violently enraged when she tried to intervene, once grabbing her by the throat and smashing her head into a kitchen cabinet.

Zeigler II, 24, and his 19-year-old wife, Kimberly Trenor, are accused of killing Riley Ann Sawyers, storing her body in a shed for two months, then dumping her in Galveston Bay, where she washed ashore in October.

Sawyers was known as ''Baby Grace'' for weeks after her tiny body washed ashore in a plastic box. Her identity remained a mystery until a police sketch caught the attention of her paternal grandmother in Mentor, Ohio, where Trenor and the child also had lived. ...

''As far as we know, everything was just kind of normal,'' Davis said of his client's childhood. ''Royce and Hiram (his younger brother) both have said 'No, my mom and dad when we got in trouble we would get kind of a time out, go to your room or occasionally a spanking.'''

But Grofer said her ex-husband called their daughter, April, a few years ago at her urging because the young woman was critically ill with a seizure disorder.

He screamed through the phone that he hated her and she sickened him, said Grofer, who listened to the call. Afterward, she spent three hours holding her sobbing daughter, worried about another seizure.

http://www.ohio.com/news/break_news/12372101.html
I just wanted to post this...not sure if it was posted previously? It's the only info I can find on Zeigler or his family. They have been absolutely SILENT since his arrest. What tears me up about this case is that Zeigler's parents lived at most - maybe 2 miles from the house where Riley died. How or why is it that it took Riley's family in Ohio to realize that she was missing or that she fit the description of "Baby Grace"? Something is so not right in this family....
That being said - as bad as Zeigler is / was - Kim Trenor allowed the evil SOB to beat her child to death. She even filled up the bathtub and whipped poor Riley, herself. That poor baby - it kills me to think about her last day and I've CRIED and CRIED over this case. The only solace I've found is that poor Riley probably saved her brother from a similar fate. Had she not died and had these evil people not been arrested, Zeigler would have been tormenting both babies right now. Luckily, her brother is with Kim Trenor's relatives somewhere around Dallas living a hopefully normal and happy life....Thank god he wasn't placed with the Zeigler family!!

Witness: Child not mourned

Suicide note says mother of 'Baby Grace' is innocent

New documents are introduced in her capital murder trial

By HARVEY RICE
Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle

Jan. 30, 2009, 11:55AM

PHOTO GALLERIES
A look back at the Sawyers case
Dedication to Baby Grace

GALVESTON — The mother and stepfather of Riley Ann Sawyers were happy and playful at a company picnic shortly after the 2-year-old’s death, a witness testified today in the capital murder trial of Riley’s mother, Kimberly Dawn Trenor.

Trenor, 20, and husband Royce Clyde Zeigler, 25, appeared to be lighthearted at the picnic on Aug. 4, 2007, less than two weeks after Riley died during a brutal disciplinary session, said Zeigler’s co-worker, Angelica Zenon.

“At any time, did these two people look like they were mourning the loss of a 2-year-old child?” Assistant Galveston County District Attorney Kayla Allen asked.

“No,” Zenon answered.

Trenor told investigators that her daughter was beaten to death on July 25, 2007 and her body was stuffed into a plastic box, which was kept in a storage room for two months.

She said Zeigler later tossed the box off a railroad bridge next to the Galveston Causeway. A fisherman discovered Riley’s decomposed body on Oct. 29, 2007, after the box washed up on an island in West Galveston Bay.

Allen showed the jury photos that Zenon took at the picnic, showing Trenor smiling and playfully pulling Zeigler’s baseball cap over his face.
Zenon said she was never friends with Zeigler, even though she shared a cubicle with him at the Emerson Process Management offices in Stafford, where Zeigler worked as a project scheduler.

“I didn’t like him,” Zenon said. “I thought he was creepy.”

She said she heard him speak on the phone to Trenor as many as five times a day.

“Once, he screamed at her for refusing to allow his mother in the house,” Zenon said. “It didn’t feel like he had control over her, because he kept on and on.”

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6235840.html

I'm so glad to see JVM covering this story tonight. I'll be watching...I'm working myself up to it because it really is a horrible tale. But the world needs to know for Riley deserves justice.

I have been reading up on the trial the last couple of days, and CNN ran with an article about the mother saying that Riley said "I love you" so as to get the hitting to stop. When I read that quote, I cried... I couldn't help it... tears just poured. How could anyone harm a baby is beyond me... especially when she is looking into your eyes and saying "I love you". It takes an evil person to do what they did to that baby...

Crying buckets here too! Beyond comprehension & the details make me physically ill. The story will be discussed on Issues with JVM tonight. I'm so glad that she is covering Riley's case so more people will know about this awful tragedy.

I'm watching JVM right now; it's 20 minutes into the show and still talking about Casey Anthony.

:devil: May they both suffer in the "Inferno" :burn: of H_LL for eternity :devil::dervish:

I'm watching JVM right now; it's 20 minutes into the show and still talking about Casey Anthony.

Did anyone get to see Issues tonight? I couldn't interrupt my kids so I'm stuck getting up early for the repeat @ 5 AM. At least I shall be alone to watch it.

Me, too; just made me feel sick to my stomach. I hope the Grandmother is hanging in there; I can't imagine how she is holding up when I, a stranger, feel this way. And the pic of the mom with a smile on her face in court......:furious::furious::furious:

This case is haunting. It isn't unlike other cases who have monster moms, but when you have to hear exactly how it happened...it is so horrific. :(

To hear about her own mother say how she did it is beyond comprehension. Riley was a beautiful little girl and I hope her mother gets what she deserves. There are just no words. GRRRRR!

Caught the repeat of Issues with JVM this morning. JVM echoed my sentiments as far as not being able to understand how little Riley could be subjected to such abuse (horrific & incomprehensible were words used). The panel (including defense attorneys) was surprisingly in agreement that it doesn't make sense that the death penalty isn't being sought in this case.
Riley was such a little sweetheart. That picture with her holding the bubbles is beautiful. Lovely smile she had.
My suspicion of how her death unfolded is that when her injuries got to the point that she needed treatment, instead of seeking it they opted to kill her & try to cover up their terrible deed. It's awful.
I emailed JVM & thanked them for their coverage & getting Riley's story out.

Crying buckets here too! Beyond comprehension & the details make me physically ill. The story will be discussed on Issues with JVM tonight. I'm so glad that she is covering Riley's case so more people will know about this awful tragedy.

Sorry for quoting myself LOL but I wanted to praise JVM's coverage of the Baby Grace trial. By the way there is a thread going on over in the "Trials" section here on Websleuths. Please stop by.
JVM used the terms "horrific" & "incomprehensible" and voiced disbelief that this isn't a death penalty case. She mentioned that jurors were weeping at the description of how Riley was murdered. She (Riley) was so sweet as per her pictures. Thankfully, her suffering is over. Now for justice to prevail.

My Rules for Kim & Royce
’s

1. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

2. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

3. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

4. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

5. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

6. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

7. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

8. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

9. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

I filled in my rule #10 scumbags...

10. Needle or Chair?

ITA.:furious:

You know what,long ago I was totally against the DP.Not anymore after following so many child abuse/killing cases!!!!And DP is NOT ENOUGH.:furious:

Zeigler's family says they became suspicious after repeated excuses as to where Riley was. They confronted him and had an argument violent enough to have sheriffs called:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ike/galveston/6235840.html

It sounds like at least Zeigler's family cared about Riley. They grew suspicious when the artist's rendition of Baby Grace matched so closely to Riley--and the child was found wearing light up shoes that they had bought for her.

Update from Trial, rest in peace sweet Riley Ann,

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/texassouthwest/stories/DN-babygrace_31tex.ART.State.Edition1.4bf9567.html

"Saturday, January 31, 2009
The Associated Press

GALVESTON – A witness testified Friday that a couple accused of beating to death the woman's 2-year-old daughter appeared playful and happy at a picnic less than two weeks after the toddler's death.

Kimberly Dawn Trenor is charged with capital murder in the 2007 death of Riley Ann Sawyers, who was dubbed "Baby Grace" while investigators worked to identify her. Prosecutors have argued that Trenor and Royce Zeigler, who will be tried later, beat Riley during a discipline session.

Angelica Zenon testified that the couple seemed content at the picnic. Prosecutors displayed Zenon's picnic photos."

This is one aspect of Mothers that kill their children that I need to find a psychology book on, why they go out and party after they kill and/or murder their children?

I guess trying to "drown their sorrows". Don't want to feel anything. No guilt. It won't work though.

It took my husband 15 minutes to consol me after I read about this for the first time on Tuesday. He thought something had happened to someone in my family, I could not be calmed down. I just do not know how someone can do this to their own flesh and blood. I have a 13 yr old daughter and 2 yr old son and if anyone even looked at either of them the wrong way, I don't know what I would do.

This is a story that will haunt me for the rest of my life. Since hearing it, I think I hug my kids a little tighter. I am so very, very sorry that this had to happen to you little Riley. I hope that you now find comfort in Jesus' Arms. You now get to be with Him for eternity and He will love you and protect you forever...

I don't know what it is about this case that keeps bringing me back. I am not an overly emotional person but I can't stop crying. It hits me at strange times like when I'm driving home from work & I 'm overcome with sadness for Riley and guilt that this happened to an innocent. Her so sweet smile in the picture where she's holding the bubbles just breaks my heart. I want to do something to change what happened but realize I can't. It's not really that comforting to know her suffering is over & she's in heaven but it's all I got. It does make me determined to ensure my children are appreciated & to treasure the hugs they give me & when they tell me they love me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx
Back