TX TX, Rodney Aaron Stokley Jr., 19, Cleveland, 22 January 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As an aside, I do find that news article confusing because the way it’s worded makes it sound like Rod left his belongings at the apartment he was last seen at. This entire time I was assuming he never brought them out to the party with him, since his parents have said that he left his prized skateboard at home that night. If he DID leave his wallet, ID, etc. at the apartment, that, AGAIN, changes the way I view the events of that night.

Stokley has been missing since Jan. 21. He was last seen leaving the Brookhollow Apartments in Cleveland. His wallet, identification and cell phone charger were all left behind.
Snipped for reference.
Yes, I totally agree. I assumed his stuff was at home. Despite what his family said, I just figured leaving his skateboard was because he was being driven to a party so no point bringing it along. But I had thought it was strange that he'd leave his ID and wallet at home.
Now it looks like he actually left them at the party at Brookhollow apts. This doesn't make sense. His friend at the party makes it sound like a couple had an argument and for some reason it bothered Rodney enough to leave (I always thought this was a bit weird actually because nowhere is it mentioned that Rodney was involved in the argument). If we now think he left all of his stuff back at the party that certainly changes things!
  • He left his stuff because he intended to go back
  • The argument was much worse than reported and involved Rodney and he either stormed out and left his stuff or was forced to leave.
  • Something happened to him at the party itself.
I would say that this information would seriously increase the chances of it being foul play!

Speculation: that 7 hour time gap may be a reasonable amount of time to plan and then action the disposal of a body. Somebody else then makes a couple of calls from his cellphone to make it look like he was stgill alive that morning. The calls are reported as being short in duration so the police know his girlfriend didn't answer. Was that intentional as they didnt want the call to be answered. The phone was them turned off and disposed of. The people at the party basically say he walked off and was never seen again. But they make a stupid error and don't dispose of his stuff with him.

Might this explain why the whole scenario doesn't makes sense, because it was all a lie?

i am interested to spend some time working on this,but i am facing a massive lack of information around the web. namely the arguement .... anyone know details about it? is there any resource online that has info i can read about? all of these kinds of cases could probably be solved with more information, itss the vague stories/lack of answerrs thats holding us back from connecting the dots!

i am interested to spend some time working on this,but i am facing a massive lack of information around the web. namely the arguement .... anyone know details about it? is there any resource online that has info i can read about? all of these kinds of cases could probably be solved with more information, itss the vague stories/lack of answerrs thats holding us back from connecting the dots!
All I can tell you is that, from what is reported, there was an argument between a couple at the party he was at (I can say that their names were James & Kayla). It is unknown if the argument was about, or involved, Rodney in some way and we have to remember that the only reports coming from the party were by people at the party who may have things to hide.

Rodney's mother firmly believes that what happened at the party ended in Rodney's death and she had pursued these two people alot, but they have refused to speak to her. As far as I am aware they were never actually questioned at any length by LE.

The help FIND Rodney facebook page hasn't been updated in years, but Rodney's mum herself is very active.

The timeline for this case is extremely bizarre and because it makes no sense it makes me think that it is staged. There is no evidence that Rodney ever walked down that road towards his house except the ping from the cellphone which placed him thereabouts and that is probably meaningless and it doesn't mean he himself was there.

Since we have a 7 hour window from his last reported contact and when his cellphone last pinged that is an awfully long time for someone to easily hide him.

If it's true that LE did not formally question those at the party, that's really a shame.

If it's true that those at the party refused to talk to his family and still refuse, IMO they have something to hide. I can't imagine someone leaving a party at my home and then going missing and not telling LE and their family everything I know.

Scenarios could include that he O.D.d on something and they hid him instead of calling 911. Or maybe even that someone harmed him and others covered for them. It's awful to consider, but if it happened at the party, these are not good people.

If he did leave the party, I would consider that he could have ended up in a pond (?) somewhere on the route (not sure what all of the small bodies of water seen on the map would be) or possibly he accepted a ride from the wrong person (I just feel this isn't very likely)...
All JMO.

This has been a bit of a “pet case” for me for years now and, like you all, it’s been hard to get down to the bottom of what possibly occurred due to a huge lack of information online. Most of what I know is dug up from old news articles and through some non-Websleuths-discussion-approved social media digging. @Ciriii57 laid all the known information out much more concisely than I ever could have :)

I’ve waffled over the years about what happened the night Rod vanished, mostly due to a lack of knowledge. I’m now pretty firmly in the camp that something happened to him at the party he attended. The only detail that still bugs me is that some sources report that his phone made numerous calls to his girlfriend at around 7 AM the morning after the party. Obviously, this doesn’t mean it was him making the calls but it does complicate the timeline a little. The article stating this should be posted further up in the thread.

This has been a bit of a “pet case” for me for years now and, like you all, it’s been hard to get down to the bottom of what possibly occurred due to a huge lack of information online. Most of what I know is dug up from old news articles and through some non-Websleuths-discussion-approved social media digging. @Ciriii57 laid all the known information out much more concisely than I ever could have :)

I’ve waffled over the years about what happened the night Rod vanished, mostly due to a lack of knowledge. I’m now pretty firmly in the camp that something happened to him at the party he attended. The only detail that still bugs me is that some sources report that his phone made numerous calls to his girlfriend at around 7 AM the morning after the party. Obviously, this doesn’t mean it was him making the calls but it does complicate the timeline a little. The article stating this should be posted further up in the thread.
Aww I'm so glad to see some action on Rodney's thread. It shouldn't be unsolved.

@threesevenninefour did we ever establish if Rodney left his wallet,ID, skateboard and phone charger at the party or at his house? Because that makes a big difference and, if they were at his house,it might mean he did make it back home and left again.

Rod’s 36th birthday was on August 1st…his family has not seen him or heard from him since he was 19. It’s my very deep hope that by his next birthday they finally get the answers that they deserve.

Happy belated birthday, Rod!

Rodney's case is featured on the Charley Project homepage this week.

It's not clear if his wallet and charger were left at home or the party home, or is it?

I suspect there was alcohol, etc. at this party due to it being held in the middle of the night, and either something happened there, or he over-partied and may have drowned somewhere walking outside at night or had some other accident? No judgment about people drinking or having an accident, just mentioning it since so many young men disappear this way.

I really feel for his family. It's unconscionable if people at the party didn't cooperate fully with LE and the family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back