TX TX - Roxanne Paltauf, 19, Austin, 7 Jul 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
bump for Roxy and Lizzy.

I had an idea, is the room that Walls was in that night vacant? If so, rent it and have a csi go in there and see if there is any evidence of foul play. I just can't believe that Roxy left on her own without her stuff. And what did happen to her cloths...Walls gave her mom some other girls cloths. But Walls had her phone and his friend had her ID. Maybe they took her someplace where she couldn't have her ID and phone but she could have her cloths.
just some thoughts.

richandfamous said:
bump for Roxy and Lizzy.

I had an idea, is the room that Walls was in that night vacant? If so, rent it and have a csi go in there and see if there is any evidence of foul play. I just can't believe that Roxy left on her own without her stuff. And what did happen to her cloths...Walls gave her mom some other girls cloths. But Walls had her phone and his friend had her ID. Maybe they took her someplace where she couldn't have her ID and phone but she could have her cloths.
just some thoughts.
Exactly! Even though a lot of time has passed, those places aren't known for their cleanliness. I doubt the housekeeper did that thorough of a job. Why hasn't this happened already???

Hmm. I was thinking the same thing. Of course we don't have the technology to properly test, and no doubt there would be tons of DNA from semen, blood, etc.. from a lot of people. But, clean up of a large amount of blood may be evident using luminol, which could then be specifically tested. It could be contaminated, though. And, the presence of a large clean up would not be enough, I imagine to arrest anyone this long after--evidence of a large clean up could be from a fight or something as it was not in a good neighborhood.

That LE never even went into the room to note the state of it, what Roxanne actually left behind, or to look for potential DNA evidence still bothers me. I thought about what a black light might reveal in that room. A blacklight might light up the room with DNA evidence; but, what would we do with it?

Lion

LionRun said:
Hmm. I was thinking the same thing. Of course we don't have the technology to properly test, and no doubt there would be tons of DNA from semen, blood, etc.. from a lot of people. But, clean up of a large amount of blood may be evident using luminol, which could then be specifically tested. It could be contaminated, though. And, the presence of a large clean up would not be enough, I imagine to arrest anyone this long after--evidence of a large clean up could be from a fight or something as it was not in a good neighborhood.

That LE never even went into the room to note the state of it, what Roxanne actually left behind, or to look for potential DNA evidence still bothers me. I thought about what a black light might reveal in that room. A blacklight might light up the room with DNA evidence; but, what would we do with it?

Lion
I was thinking more along the lines of sending in an professional independent csi company...if there is such a thing. And Yes, if there is blood, it would show with luminol no matter how long it's been. Maybe it wouldn't be admissible but at least we would know!

Hi there rich:). I have thought about that a few times. Yet, I have questions about it. One, are there any private, reputable CSI labs? How expensive would it be to do it? I imagine it would cost some pretty big bucks. And, in order to go after the target DNA(to learn for a fact if it is there or not), we would need to take many samples based on what was found on initial tests.

A couple of years ago I saw a program on 20/20, Discover, or somewhere about how clean a hotel room actually is after it has just been cleaned. They ran a black light in the room, which showed more areas of possible semen, and other DNA sources in the best, cleanest of hotels. I can imagine what would be found amongst the mix in room 217 at the Budget Motel. So, many test would need to be run to first find Roxy's DNA. Then, we would need an expert to additionally note the pattern and possible amount and source of the DNA(small, expected amount versus huge amount from possible clean up[cover up] after a crime.

I am not saying it is not possible. But, I am asking one, is it possible? And two, if it is possible to do this on an independent basis, what would it cost, and where to find the money?

Lion

LionRun said:
Hi there rich:). I have thought about that a few times. Yet, I have questions about it. One, are there any private, reputable CSI labs? How expensive would it be to do it? I imagine it would cost some pretty big bucks. And, in order to go after the target DNA(to learn for a fact if it is there or not), we would need to take many samples based on what was found on initial tests.

A couple of years ago I saw a program on 20/20, Discover, or somewhere about how clean a hotel room actually is after it has just been cleaned. They ran a black light in the room, which showed more areas of possible semen, and other DNA sources in the best, cleanest of hotels. I can imagine what would be found amongst the mix in room 217 at the Budget Motel. So, many test would need to be run to first find Roxy's DNA. Then, we would need an expert to additionally note the pattern and possible amount and source of the DNA(small, expected amount versus huge amount from possible clean up[cover up] after a crime.

I am not saying it is not possible. But, I am asking one, is it possible? And two, if it is possible to do this on an independent basis, what would it cost, and where to find the money?

Lion

well, here's one I found online: http://www.intota.com/viewbio.asp?bioID=774043&perID=723581

LionRun said:
You are good rich! If it is out there You will find it! Do you charge for you expert, "find it on the Web services?" LOL

Lion

LOL...That has been said to me before but really...it's not hard.

I see that this csi person charges alot but maybe for just a luminol test it wouldn't be that much...he is in VA.

richandfamous said:
LOL...That has been said to me before but really...it's not hard.

I see that this csi person charges alot but maybe for just a luminol test it wouldn't be that much...he is in VA.
Wow, I imagine we would need to pay for his flight, room, meals, etc.. plus testing. Have you had any luck with finding anyone in the Austin, Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio areas?

Lion

LionRun said:
Wow, I imagine we would need to pay for his flight, room, meals, etc.. plus testing. Have you had any luck with finding anyone in the Austin, Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio areas?

Lion
No, not yet, just got in from work so I will do a little search before I hit the hay.

richandfamous said:
No, not yet, just got in from work so I will do a little search before I hit the hay.
Thanks rich. I'll see ya tomorrow night.

Lion

Roxanne is on Project Jason's current 18 Wheel Angel campaign. A special poster has been made for her and can be downloaded and printed for placement. More information about the program, and the link for the poster can be found here:

Project Jason - Assistance for families of the missing

In addition to the campaign, Roxanne is also featured in a trucking publication called Through the Gears. This free magazine is distributed in truck stops nationwide.

Through the Gears is one of JB Scott's many publications. In partnership with Project Jason, they feature one missing person per month. You can pick up your free copies at a local truck stop, but if it's far from you, you may want to call and ask if they carry that magazine. These are NOT with the regular for purchase magazines. At my truck stop, they are in a special rack outside the main truck stop door. At another truck stop, they are in a hallway between the store and the trucker's lounge.

Through the Gears has a circulation of about 150,000.

You can also see the current campaign information on this JB Scott webpage: 18 Wheel Angels

We hope this helps in the search for Roxanne.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
Project Jason - Assistance for families of the missing
Read our Voice for the Missing Blog
Project Jason-Voice for the Missing

Thank you kelly:). This is very good information, and perhaps this can help us in the search for Roxanne.

Lion

To send someone into the room, it probably ought to be a private investigator- perferaly one with police experience.
Black light will show blood, but also semen, and I think Luminal will also. In other words, you need someone who is familiar with the testing and knows how to interpret it. Also, if Mom or friends go in, the defense will use that- they will say Mom has an agenda against him. They will say it about a private PI too, but it carries less weight. And a PI would know of any area private labs.

Hi Mysteriew. Roxanne first disappeared, the police admittedly didn't even go into the hotel room where Roxanne and her boyfriend were staying. They have to date not conducted forensic testing in that room at least to my knowledge. My guess is that they initially treated the case as if Roxy voluntarily left; so they didn't didn't treat the room or the case as a crime scene--and potentially good evidence and leads went South. Since you are familiar with this thread, can you tell me what your take is?

Also, have you got any suggestions in addition to what you have already suggested, and what has been posted, as to what the best course of action might be to find Roxanne and the truth about what happened to her?

Lion

Roxanne is now a 18 Wheel Angel, lovingly placed by ProjectJason.org

Roxanne is now a 18 Wheel Angel, lovingly placed by ProjectJason.org

Click Here to Print and Place a poster of Roxanne Paltauf.

roxy.jpg

Hey LionRun, there we are again in sterio..lol
sorry, I didn't see that you had already posted the poster.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...007/03/05/apd_investigation_results_in_h.html
In mid 2005 members of the Austin Police Department Organized Crime Narcotic Conspiracy Unit began investigating the heroin trafficking activities of three brothers: Henry Castro, 30 (DOB: 08-07-76), Rene Gaitan Castro, 35 (DOB: 10-19-71) and Randy Gaitan Castro, 24 (DOB: 07-20-82).

As the investigation progressed, the Austin Drug Enforcement Administration and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms participated in the investigation and provided invaluable assistance. Officers made repeated seizures of heroin packaged within balloons for distribution, as well as seizures of “black tar” heroin that had not been processed for distribution from members of this organization.

As a result of this long-term joint investigation, 14 members of this Austin based “Castro” heroin trafficking organization were indicted by the federal Grand Jury for Conspiracy to Distribute one kilogram or more of heroin on February 20, 2007. On February 28th the following suspects were arrested pursuant to the sealed federal indictments:
more at link........

hmmmm...wonder if Walls knew any of these ppl.

Very interesting rich. To add to that, someone on LE back East says that the one pic of Walls with the dissing of the crip sign thingy looks like it may have been taken in a Federal Prison. Can't be sure; but, it looks like a, "send home" photo from a Federal prison.

More great news for Liz. A friend of Lizzy's who works at Ginny's Printing is helping with posters for Roxanne. The search effort seems to be coming into its own!

Lion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back