TX TX - Roxanne Paltauf, 19, Austin, 7 Jul 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Helloooooooooo out there in the Austin city area. Somebody knows something...please, you can be anonomous, call the tip line CRIMESTOPPERS TIPS Hotline - 512-472-TIPS (8477) OR 1-800-893-TIPS (8477)

Did anyone see Roxy that week in the Rundberg area or
I-35? Did anyone see Louis Walls that week?

How bout the stores around there. They had to eat someplace.

She was last seen by Louis Walls at the Budget Inn on Rundberg and I-35

Come on you guys, I know some of the people from the Rundberg area are reading this board! If you are worried about saying anything, just call anonomously, you could even get a reward...even if you remain anonomous. They have a system where you get a number and no one needs to know who you are. Talk to your neighbors in that area. See what bits and pieces you can find out. No matter how small you think it is, it could be the tip that breaks this wide open. Do the right thing! You need to do this for your own kids, they see how you handle this and it builds character and integrity. Not to mention...the person that did this is still out there and maybe your kid is next!
Call CRIMESTOPPERS TIPS Hotline - 512-472-TIPS (8477) OR 1-800-893-TIPS (8477) for Roxy...and your own kids future.

And to Walls' ex-girl friend, I know you are reading this board too! How are you going to live with yourself knowing that you could have helped but didn't want to get involved...and then something bad happens to someone else. How are you going to explain that to your kids??? Life is not hard, all you have to do is get a job and don't kill anybody. And protecting someone that chooses to hurt others is not a sin of ommission...it is a direct act, knowingly causing harm by not telling what you know.
Please help bring this to an end. Don't let anyone else get hurt.
Sometimes your entire life is defined by just a few minutes of doing the right or wrong thing.

If you need help, message me here. I will not betray you.
God Bless you all in your dreams tonight.

*A bumpada bumpada bump bump bump...* :innocent:

How involved in this case is LE now? Do they still think that Roxy just ran off into the night and started a new life? It wouldn't hurt for them to go back into that motel room and check it with luminol. There could still be evidence there if something did happen there.

I wish LE would listen to parents when their older children come up missing. First of all ask the parents if their child keeps in contact with them and how often they talk to them. If that child is close to their family and keeps in contact every day or so but hasn't been heard from for a few days then something is usually wrong. Kids that keep in contact with their family don't just stop calling. There is always a way to get ahold of a phone.

Doesn't LE think that the actions of the boyfriend are kind of suspicious?
Does he belong to a gang or is that a guess?

I can't imagine having a child missing and not getting any help at all from LE.
I'd probably park myself at the police station and refuse to leave until someone listened to me. There is no excuse for that. There have been to many times that someone has gone missing and the police thought they just went off to start a new life....and they didn't. What do they have to say when they find out how wrong they were? It is better to take the time to search just in case.

Hi Bobbisangel. I emailed LE, and received a short reply. I get the impression they are finally working on Roxanne's case. I do think that initially they dropped the ball,, and considered Roxanne to have just taken off on her own.

I think they realize that they were wrong. She is listed on their site as endangered/missing for example.

Unfortunately, they let most if not all leads dry up. They didn't go door to door asking hotel geuests what they saw or heard, and they didnt' check for any tapes in any neighboring businesses. They never set foot into the hotel room to see its condition, what was taken or left behind, and certainly not for even an oblique lighting check or luminol, or test for Roxanne's DNA in that room.

Now it seems they may be working harder on her case. I agree with you totally that LE should listen more to families of missing adults. There should be at least some criteria to initially determine the likelyhood of what happened on a case by case basis. Clearly in Roxanne's case leaving with nothing but her ID (which it turns out she didn't), her case should have been treated as endangered/missing immediately.

Lion

Bobbisangel said:
How involved in this case is LE now? Do they still think that Roxy just ran off into the night and started a new life? It wouldn't hurt for them to go back into that motel room and check it with luminol. There could still be evidence there if something did happen there.

I wish LE would listen to parents when their older children come up missing. First of all ask the parents if their child keeps in contact with them and how often they talk to them. If that child is close to their family and keeps in contact every day or so but hasn't been heard from for a few days then something is usually wrong. Kids that keep in contact with their family don't just stop calling. There is always a way to get ahold of a phone.

Doesn't LE think that the actions of the boyfriend are kind of suspicious?
Does he belong to a gang or is that a guess?

I can't imagine having a child missing and not getting any help at all from LE.
I'd probably park myself at the police station and refuse to leave until someone listened to me. There is no excuse for that. There have been to many times that someone has gone missing and the police thought they just went off to start a new life....and they didn't. What do they have to say when they find out how wrong they were? It is better to take the time to search just in case.

:) Hello all,
Ok I am on a new mission,
I have been checking into a advertising billboard in the Rundberg--IH35 , austin tx area.
This to put a Roxannes name and picture out there for all to see.
I have calls in with a couple of companies, Lamar and Reagan, billboards
to get prices .
Yes it is very expensive
Approx=== $1,100.00 for the art work and $6000.00 for the space and time.
The reason that it is so pricey is the location
I am at my witts ends and continue to come with ideas in finding OUR ROXANNE
AKA TEAM ROXANNE.
This could also be a start in helping other families of missing love ones
maybe start a organzation.Which i have no idea how to go about it, but it is a start

I believe that The Good Lord has put this in my heart, my purpose,

So Please get back with me on ideas,suggestion and comments on this matter

Through God ,All thing are possible

Thank you
God Bless and Love
Elizabeth Harris and Family

Hi Lizzy:). Okay. The billboard is a good idea, and I remember that one of us (can't remember who now) suggested it. I have an idea on how to get the best responses.

Pets go missing a lot more often than people. So, people who make up, "missing pet" posters have more experience. I am getting involved in searching for missing pets in the future, so I have been doing research.

As it happens, professional pet searchers have found what type of posters work best to get results. My guess is that if we model Roxanne's posters and billboard after those missing pet posters we might have the greatest chance of finding Roxanne.

It is really quite simple. When people read a poster, or a billboard for that matter, they have usually seconds to note what is on it. The 3 things that must stand out in a particular order are:

On top: MISSING

Middle: best picture you can find

Bottom: REWARD

In between is where her story (point last seen, who she was with, contact info, etc) would go. But, the three most important things to grab attention are missing, picture, reward.

I hope I am not sounding too business like or uncaring. I am assuming also that whomever may respond to the billboard may not have the most intact values/morals, and the bottom line is we want to find Roxanne.

Lion

Lizzy, what if we were to have some type of fund raiser where the money could go towards finding Roxy and getting her billboard up? What if we decided on a fund raiser, and got as many people as possible together for it, and called a press conference(in advance) to get it on the news. Perhaps this could get us more coverage, and more donations for the billboard. Hey, how about a car wash? Donations can go to the billboard and to find Roxy? We could get everyone possible to be a part of it. The media would be more likely to cover it, which in turn would get the word out even more.

Lion

Hi Lizzy. What about asking a Non-Profit Organization for financial help towards the $6,000.00(Perhaps we can raise the $1,100.00 through a fund raiser like a car wash) and perhaps have a billboard campaign for the missing? First up could be Roxanne.

Lion

*bump* so that the curious may find this topic and read of the case. I dropped a bread crumb or two. Maybe some new interest will be raised. Let's hope.

all above sounds great

I will go to my bank today to see how to get this party started.
Thanks Team Roxanne

Hi Lizzy:). Please us know how it goes today! I will do what I can. Feel free to include me in tasks you need to get this on rolling!

Lion

:blowkiss:

Yeah!!!!!!!!! Reagan Billborads just called and inform me that they are willing to Donate the space for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wow Thank you Lord,
So now I just have to come up with the 1100.00 for the art work and vinyl,
More than half way there,
I 'll do the bank acct tomorrow for a nonprofit tax.
I want to give a shout out for Coy West @ Reagan for making this happen
512-526-7740.:angel: You are blessing
I'll keep everyone inform to what is going on
Love
Lizzy

Congrats Lizzy! You go girl! I am soooo happy for you. And you are almost half way there on the $1,100.00? Let us know what we can do. If you plan on doing a fund raiser, please let us know if we can help.

I just tried to call Reagan to thank them, and the number didn't work. Oh well. Kudos to Reagan!

Lion

LIZZY64 said:
:blowkiss:

Yeah!!!!!!!!! Reagan Billborads just called and inform me that they are willing to Donate the space for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wow Thank you Lord,
I 'll do the bank acct tomorrow for a nonprofit tax.
512-526-7740.:angel: You are blessing
Love
Lizzy

:bang: Correction Coy west # is 512-926-7740

512-526-7740. You are blessing
Love
Lizzy ATX

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors