DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another article:

Austin Police Dig For Remains, Find None
Roxanne Paltauf disappearance case still open
By Jordan Smith, 4:05PM, Thu. Mar. 6

Snipped and BBM:

. . . And in March 2008 he was charged with making a terroristic threat against his then-estranged girlfriend Cassandra Tolbert after Walls allegedly told her that he wanted to get back together with her. When she said no, Tolbert said Walls whispered in her ear, "I don't want to kill you like I did that girl Roxanne," and, "I really did kill her; I know how to do something with bodies."

This morning, Spangler said that no suspect has been ruled out in the case – including Walls, who is currently in prison, serving a two-year concurrent sentence for burglary and bail jumping. "Nobody has been eliminated and nobody [has been] specifically focused on enough to bring charges," Spangler said.

paltauf.search.jpg

http://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/news/2014-03-06/austin-police-dig-for-remains-find-none/

I was really hoping they would find her, because after watching her Disappeared episode, I have some serious doubts about her boyfriend. His accounts of that day are very suspicious, and things don't add up. I do not believe she is with us anymore, I believe she died the day she went missing. & if Cadaver dogs previously made a hit, it means she had to have been there at one point. Whether that is the crime scene or she was there then moved, I believe she was there at some point. Someone is going to great lengths to hide their dark secret, but the secret will be out eventually because there search for her will not stop!

The whole driver's license thing is odd, IIRC from her episode on "Disappeared". I'm glad to see investigators are still searching for her.

they need to interview his cell mates, he seems the bragging type , I hope they do we all pretty much know what went down....:(

And the driver of the car that gave them a ride, since he is the only one of the two out of jail to move Roxanne, assuming she was moved fairly recently.

KXAN's Youtube video of their local television broadcast from Thursday's search area: http://youtu.be/f6vdy5s5298
Published on Mar 6, 2014
Nearly eight years after Roxanne Paltauf disappeared, Austin Police and the FBI conducted a concentrated search Thursday in a brushy area just blocks away from where she was last seen.

Bumping for Roxanne. She and her family are always in my prayers.

I recognize her name from who knows where but just watched her story on ID. ( obviously an older episode )
Where is this young lady ? So sad. People do not vanish without a trace without someone doing something. I'd like to know how life has looked for both of the 'POI's in this case in the last 7 yrs.

Just saw the episode on Disappeared. Its such a tragedy when a girl so young just disappears. I just read an article about the case and its good to see tips are still coming in. If a body was moved from the woods, the bf is in prison. It sounds like her bf is doing life on the installment plan. One thing I wonder about him was whether he had a car? From the episode it sounds like they were getting rides from other people. There was no mention of Roxanne having a car at the hotel she was last seen at.

:bump: for Roxanne!

I had no idea about the search, but that is disappointing news. :( There was obviously someone buried there because dogs don't lie and it's scary to think this person actually hid her body elsewhere. It makes me wonder if we will ever find her now, because it's very possible the perp got scared and decided to hide her in his backyard, or house, etc, because that was a "close call".

I'm still of the belief that her boyfriend is responsible for her demise. The fact that another woman has a restraining order against him speaks volumes, jmo, and he allegedly told her he's made a girl disappear before. Since he is in jail though, I'm wondering if he has any outside help. If I recall, Roxanne's mother said he was very charming so it makes me wonder if he had charmed anyone on the outside to help him, or this was a plan that had been discussed before he went to jail (eg. "If the police move in on that area, move her to ___"

The investigators are obviously closing in on the perp and they're getting nervous. Hopefully it means that Roxanne will be brought home soon! She's been gone too long and deserves to be laid to rest properly. (I do believe she's dead, unfortunately)

I for one honestly don't think the boyfriend killed her. He just seems like a loud mouth idiot yet too stupid to pull anything like this off. I do however believe he knows more than he's letting on. To answer a previous question, no neither one of them had a car they were getting a ride from the Guy that was found to have Roxanne's Id. I've watched several interviews with the mother and the time roxeanne was last seen is debatable. Iirc there was a shop keeper saying he saw her and Louis around 11 that night she disappeared and a witness saw someone matching her description walking around the area the day after she disappeared but none of these are confirmed we can only go off what Louis had stated. I do not want to accuse roxeanne because I know she wasn't a bad type of girl but ive always wondered if maybe she was on drugs that night maybe that's why she didn't come home right away and could explain her just walking off without any of her belongings. If her and Louis were in a heated argument and she just walked off I believe she would of taken her purse and phone atleast. I believe Louis is lying and obviously its very difficult finding out what happened based on a lie. There are so many possibilities and I have some theories but unfortunately unless Louis decides to tell the truth we may never know what happened to her. I pray that she is found soon I think about her often.

I for one honestly don't think the boyfriend killed her. He just seems like a loud mouth idiot yet too stupid to pull anything like this off. I do however believe he knows more than he's letting on. To answer a previous question, no neither one of them had a car they were getting a ride from the Guy that was found to have Roxanne's Id. I've watched several interviews with the mother and the time roxeanne was last seen is debatable. Iirc there was a shop keeper saying he saw her and Louis around 11 that night she disappeared and a witness saw someone matching her description walking around the area the day after she disappeared but none of these are confirmed we can only go off what Louis had stated. I do not want to accuse roxeanne because I know she wasn't a bad type of girl but ive always wondered if maybe she was on drugs that night maybe that's why she didn't come home right away and could explain her just walking off without any of her belongings. If her and Louis were in a heated argument and she just walked off I believe she would of taken her purse and phone atleast. I believe Louis is lying and obviously its very difficult finding out what happened based on a lie. There are so many possibilities and I have some theories but unfortunately unless Louis decides to tell the truth we may never know what happened to her. I pray that she is found soon I think about her often.

I think the boyfriend is involved in some way, even if he did not directly take her or kill her. However, I wonder if her boyfriend had any connections or participated in anything with drugs or sex trafficking. It could be that, or intimate partner violence that went very wrong. Anyone remember if he had a history of violence or ANY kind of abuse/possessiveness towards Roxanne?

I think the boyfriend is involved in some way, even if he did not directly take her or kill her. However, I wonder if her boyfriend had any connections or participated in anything with drugs or sex trafficking. It could be that, or intimate partner violence that went very wrong. Anyone remember if he had a history of violence or ANY kind of abuse/possessiveness towards Roxanne?

For sure. He broke her nose once in an argument and she tried denying it to her family in order to protect him. Louis was also once arrested for selling to an undercover cop. He's definitely a sketchy person that's why I think Roxanne might of went along with him if he was doing drugs it wanted to trix her out or something. She seemed like a very smart girl yet her judgment was very clouded around Louis being that she was young and in love with him.

For sure. He broke her nose once in an argument and she tried denying it to her family in order to protect him. Louis was also once arrested for selling to an undercover cop. He's definitely a sketchy person that's why I think Roxanne might of went along with him if he was doing drugs it wanted to trix her out or something. She seemed like a very smart girl yet her judgment was very clouded around Louis being that she was young and in love with him.

From what I know so far about Roxanne and her disappearance, she displays a lot of characteristics of someone in a relationship involving intimate partner violence. Despite his violence towards her and crimes committed, it is likely she never left for many reasons. There is a model called the Power and Control wheel. Within it are "pie slices" that represent ways abusers gain compliance of their victims. Some of those components are threats, emotional, physical and sexual abuse, financial abuse, isolation, using male privilege and victim-blaming. With all these components together, or even just a few of them present, it becomes very dangerous for the victim to just leave the offender. On top of it all, they may really love that person and want to believe that person loves them back just as much. For many victims, since "just leaving" is very dangerous, they contemplate suicide or end up becoming a homicide victim of their abuser who kills them as the ultimate way to exert their power and control...kind of like the "if I can't have you, no one can" idea. Not saying that this is what happened because I'm not 100% of the dynamics of their relationship. However, if he did break her nose, then I hope they will keep putting pressure on him and seek out past relationships to get accounts of how he was towards previous girlfriends. I truly hope they leave no stone unturned with him, it seems likely he knows something.

Why does Liz say on the first page of this thread that Geoffrey Moore still has her Id when in the disappeared episode they say le has it? Just trying to get the facts straight. I rewatched her episode and something I noticed is that Roxanne had asked her mother over the phone if she could stay an extra night (the night she went missing) makes me think something was planned for that night or something different was going on if she wanted to stay that extra night.

Family marks eight years since daughter went missing

AUSTIN --
Eight years after an Austin teenager went missing the search for answers continues. Roxanne Paltauf was just 18-years-old when she vanished in North Austin in July of 2006. Family and friends have tried to keep Roxanne's name at the tops of everyone's minds every July since the Austin teen disappeared. They hand out flyers and bumper stickers bearing Roxanne's picture. Roxanne's sister Rubi was only 14 when she vanished. She explained one reason why the effort continue. "She'd have been out here for us if one of us went missing, so we didn't want to stop, you know?" said Rubi. The searches for Roxanne near Rundberg Lane and Interstate 35 began immediately after she disappeared.

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/local/2014/07/06/paltauf-search-continues/12269081/

Bumping for Roxy. I wish her mom still posted on here. And also Lion. Miss their posts.

I think both guys covered this up together. They didn't have much time or brains so I think she is very close to the Budget Inn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, I feel that Roxanne was probably placed in a nearby dumpster.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie
Back