TX TX - Roxanne Paltauf, 19, Austin, 7 Jul 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Such a pretty name, such a pretty girl. I'm 50/50 on whether Roxanne is still alive. I think there is a possibility of human trafficking given all the details that have been released or she was murdered. I think her ex knows something,not entirely what, but there's something there. I hope Roxanne mom's will meet her daughter again. How very sad this case is. :(

Roxanne's sister's interview that was broadcast earlier this week.
http://www.keyetv.com/news/features...sed-indiana-serial-killers-arrest-21669.shtml
Roxanne's family is interested in Vann's case. They want to know if he has any information about what happened to her.
"It crosses my mind. Is that the answer we've been looking for? Closure?" asks Rosalynn.
However, the Paltauf family isn't getting their hopes up. They say they know this arrest, 1,000 miles away, could very well mean nothing for Roxanne's case. If that's so, they hope it can bring new leads and peace for others.
"Even if it doesn't help our family out, hopefully it can help someone else out because I know exactly what they're going through. If someone... if another family can have that closure, it'd be all worth it," says Rosalynn.
video & more at link.

Bumping for Roxanne, come on LE investigate the boyfriend more! Her family needs answers, thinking of you Liz and your family *advertiser censored*

So I just realized that there is a cemetery directly next to the field where they searched for Roxanne last in march. Did they check the cemetery? I would imagine if somebody did hide her body they'd put it somewhere in the cemetery because if a cadaver dog sits on top of a grave they're not going to dig it up. I just can't remember if they said they checked it or not.

Bumping ^^ I think about Roxanne everyday and just wish there was more I could do to help find this girl.

Bumping for roxanne! Wish you could be home with your family for the holidays.

Hey all. A UID was added to NamUs last week that shares some similarities with Roxanne. I sent in a tip online to the APD (because why not try?) but I haven't heard anything back.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/13387

Roxanne:
  • height is listed as 5'4"
  • light brown hair (it looks kinda red in a lot of her pictures)
  • healed nose fracture
  • went missing in 2006
  • was 18 at the time of her disappearance
  • went missing from Austin, TX

UID:
  • estimated 5'3"
  • brownish-red hair
  • has a "nose deformity"
  • probable time of death 2005 - 2014
  • probable age 18 - 25
  • found in Houston, TX (three hours from Austin)

Definitely a stretch but there are enough similarities that it is probably worth at least ruling her out. What do you guys think? The UID had fake nails, I can't find anything to indicate whether or not Roxanne did. The UID was also wearing different clothes than Roxanne was when she was last she was seen. I know her boyfriend is the prevailing suspect, but I've also heard theories about her possibly being abducted and forced into prostitution or something, which could explain the circumstances of the UID.

I think it sounds promising!!! I'm posting the pic of the fake nails and orange jacket.
f50d2fc99382ca95b7458d2445549ca4.jpg

dfd3adead891a7418a6d393221cd7dbf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She was found at an old homeless people encampment. Most homeless people don't have fake solar acrylic nails. So I don't think this person was homeless.

Oh and another thing. The hearing impaired guy who was a friend of her Bfs and was wanted on those rape charges is from Houston and last I checked he lives in Houston...

The identifyus link indicates that the jacket is Columbia brand. Not a cheap brand, although if the victim were homeless she could have obtained the jacket if it were discarded or donated. I think it is probably a men's jacket, as I took a peek at the Columbia website and (currently) it seems that only the men's jackets are offered in an orange like that. It looks very similar to the "back country orange" offered in some styles, however I cannot find that specific style of jacket.

None of that is helpful, I'm sure ;). Just making some observations.

I think there's a good possibility this could be Roxanne, thanks for entering it through, will wait to hear on this.

I haven't had a confirmation that the APD acknowledged my tip yet, so I reached out the the case manager of the UID to give her the info. She responded by email immediately and said "I will check into it and let you know."

I'll keep you guys updated.

Bad news - the case manager, Dr. Catherine Bird, says that Roxanne was ruled out from UP #13387 through dental records. I've asked her to update the NamUs page to reflect the exclusion.

For the record, Dr. Bird was extremely kind. This was my first time reaching out to a case manager from NamUs and I was kind of nervous, but it is good to know that there are prompt, dedicated, and helpful people working on these difficult cases.

I honestly don't understand how this isn't be investigated as a sex trafficking case (I mean, maybe it is but they certainly haven't gotten very far). From the convict boyfriend who by his facebook page a few years ago looked like he was in a gang, to the young clothes retuned to Roxanne's mother that weren't even hers, to the sketchy friend someone on here said was from Houston, to the Id in the car. It's been a few years since I've been familiar with the case but when I watched the show and read info on the case it seemed so obvious! I think about her and her story a lot! I think she's still alive and is in the sex industry where she's been from the beginning and that is where LO, PI's and her family should be looking.

I honestly don't understand how this isn't be investigated as a sex trafficking case (I mean, maybe it is but they certainly haven't gotten very far). From the convict boyfriend who by his facebook page a few years ago looked like he was in a gang, to the young clothes retuned to Roxanne's mother that weren't even hers, to the sketchy friend someone on here said was from Houston, to the Id in the car. It's been a few years since I've been familiar with the case but when I watched the show and read info on the case it seemed so obvious! I think about her and her story a lot! I think she's still alive and is in the sex industry where she's been from the beginning and that is where LO, PI's and her family should be looking.

I think that if she was in the sex industry her name would have came up through law enforcement within the last 8 years. It's possible she is using a fake I.D. but still - I just think the whole thing is a bit of a stretch. Then again they have searched for her body with no luck so it is possible she's out there...ugh the whole thing just boggles my mind I wish there was at least more clues or info we could work with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!
Back