TX TX - Roxanne Paltauf, 19, Austin, 7 Jul 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
the whole thing about someone having her id is what gets me the most if they had killed her why keep the id on you so that you can get caught with evidence that directly links you to her? the only reason i could think that makes sense for someone to have her id while she is missing is like in a captive scenario i mean what else would be the need for it and if it was a "trophy" (as sick as that is) why would you carry it on you?

I havent read all the posts in this thread, and many of the links are down anyway, but the guy with Roxanne's ID...I'm sorry but he's involved in it in some way. You just don't have someones ID who mysteriously disappeared at the same time. Thats no coincidence. He maybe did give her a lift, but as part of the disappearance is my guess.Why would he keep her ID on him? Because people are mental. Its similar to the old phrase "returning to the scene of the crime".....thats a saying for a reason, because people who do bad things have a morbid fascination of re-running events in their head. It's also an absolute joke that the police did not search the room her bf was staying in. Have they any idea at all what they are doing?! Doesnt sound like you'd want them investigating the case anyway, such is their obvious incompetence.

i agree i think bc of who she was associated with they did not take it as seriously as they should have (my oipinion) but she deserves better then that what i want to know why more wasnt done with this man that had her id take him to jail put him in interrogation! why do you have it??? there is NO reasonable explanation for him to have someone else id ... he cant use it for anything and who gives someone their id for a ride???? what would be the purpose so obviously he know something drag his a$$ in and get some answers this girl deserves it and so does her family

i agree i think bc of who she was associated with they did not take it as seriously as they should have (my oipinion) but she deserves better then that what i want to know why more wasnt done with this man that had her id take him to jail put him in interrogation! why do you have it??? there is NO reasonable explanation for him to have someone else id ... he cant use it for anything and who gives someone their id for a ride???? what would be the purpose so obviously he know something drag his a$$ in and get some answers this girl deserves it and so does her family

Exactly. I think his argument was that she dropped it when he was giving her a lift. Then you take it back to where you dropped them off! Or alternatively, send it to the address on the ID. He should have been taken in for questioning, his vehicle searched and the sniffer dogs brought in if they couldnt find anything. He knows where she is.

Isnt it possible to go back to where he was working and ask for employment records from that time, to find out who he was?

Exactly. I think his argument was that she dropped it when he was giving her a lift. Then you take it back to where you dropped them off! Or alternatively, send it to the address on the ID. He should have been taken in for questioning, his vehicle searched and the sniffer dogs brought in if they couldnt find anything. He knows where she is.

Isnt it possible to go back to where he was working and ask for employment records from that time, to find out who he was?

i thought they knew who he was? i must have missed this you mean to tell me they found a guy with a missing girls id and they just let him go without finding out who he even was?!?!!! wth kinda work is that . and yes they should be able to go back threw employment records and find out who he is do they know where he was employed sorry some of the details get foggy i follow several cases and havent read up on this one in awhile

i thought they knew who he was? i must have missed this you mean to tell me they found a guy with a missing girls id and they just let him go without finding out who he even was?!?!!! wth kinda work is that . and yes they should be able to go back threw employment records and find out who he is do they know where he was employed sorry some of the details get foggy i follow several cases and havent read up on this one in awhile

I just re-read Lizzys post and it appears he was questioned about it. How much he was questioned about it Im not sure. Like I say, Ive not read every post, maybe he was taken in and questioned properly, rather than just being asked one question, believed, and let go, which is how it sounded.

sorry didnt mean to sound snappy i am just confussed about that whole situation

Just watched Roxanne's ID episode via my Amazon Prime account..my heart breaks for her mother and her siblings.....I hate the fact that Roxanne was involved with this older man who lied about his age to her straight from the get go...Her boyfriend is extremely hinky to me and in my eyes the number 1 suspect....I think the other man (that had her ID) possibly helped the BF dispose of Roxanne after he did whatever he did to her (I hate typing that especially knowing that Roxanne's mother is a member here. I' m very sorry.) or maybe he is the one who did something to Roxanne..I just find that unlikely..I find it very unlikely that Roxanne would leave that motel room very upset without her phone and belongings. I also find it hard to believe that her bf would "allow" her to walk out on him while they were arguing...I especially find that hard to believe after the ex-gf came forward with her own experiences with Louis.....so I just don't think the man that ended up with her ID did this....looking at the big picture (at least what was said in the ID show) it seems to me that the bf had the motive, means and opportunity and to me it is the only thing that makes any kind of sense. this is only my opinion and I'm speculating just from what I saw on the ID episode and from what I've read on these threads.

I pray that Roxanne is found and that her family gets the peace they deserve and I really hope that some day Roxanne can get the justice she deserves and I hope that whoever had a hand in Roxanne's disappearance that they do not get another chance to take another life and continue to walk free...

I don't know how these people who hurt and kill others can go about their lives and sleep at night......it angers me to no end when people get away with something like this.....I can't imagine going through this as a mother or sister.....My thoughts and prayers are with Roxanne's family and I'll never forget Roxanne.

Come home Roxanne :rose: :rose:

I'm new here. I was just wondering if anyone is planning to do something for the anniversary of her disappearance? I live near Austin and was just wondering if there was going to be any fundraising events or searches. TIA

Nine year anniversary for missing Austin woman
July 5, 2015
http://kxan.com/2015/07/05/nine-year-anniversary-for-missing-woman/
AUSTIN (KXAN) — It’s almost exactly nine years now since a teenage girl vanished in North Austin and the search continues. 18-year-old Roxanne Paltauf was last seen with her boyfriend on July 7, 2006.
<snip>
Sunday, Roxanne&#8217;s family gathered in that spot to hand out flyers and bumper stickers.

Short video at link with Roxanne's mother.

Search for Roxanne Paltauf continues after 9 years
Jul 06, 2015 6:42 AM CST

Snipped:

"We were supposed to go shopping at the San Marcos outlet mall. She was supposed to come with us. It was the Fourth of July weekend in 2006. It was really strange that she didn't show up because we were expecting her to be there that morning. That's when we got a phone call a few hours later from her boyfriend saying that he hasn't seen Roxanne," says Rosalynn Paltauf, Roxanne's sister.

At the time, Roxanne's boyfriend told police they had gotten into an argument.

8239959_G.jpg

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/29478893/search-for-roxanne-paltauf-continues-after-9-years

I moved clear across the state today here in Wisconsin and was happy to see this my first time checking my mailbox. I haven't seen anything like this in the mail before....its nice to see. Sorry its not the best picture!! Lol

f51129ca2d74f1348252e58bdd105561.jpg

Just passed Rundberg ln and of course, I thought of Roxanne. Bumping for her. Hope you come home soon. Xoxo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Lisa Block from the Sheriff&#8217;s Office says the remains have been out in the elements for so long that they couldn&#8217;t identify the sex of the 5 foot body on site. The Travis County Medical Examiner&#8217;s Office will do an autopsy to find out the cause of death and how long the body was there."

Thinking about Roxanne tonight as I read this:
http://kxan.com/2016/01/03/tcso-investigating-skeletal-remains-found-near-onion-creek/

(Maybe a recent flood victim-but you never know-prayers for the family of whoever this may be)

I pray for Roxanne's family all the time. Will never forget.........

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1090616

I'm a little confused about how the NCMEC poster for Roxanne indicates she might still be in the local area.

Anyway, I hope Roxanne is found soon. I remember Roxanne's mother said at the last year anniversary, they now have the playing cards with Roxanne's picture on it in the jails and they are getting tips off that.

Murkywaters-thanks for posting that.......needs to be updated the info does, it seems.

The article claims the body was 5 foot and Roxanne was 5"4. Still possible in my book.

Hope to get answers soon. Waiting is the hardest part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!
Back