TX TX - Roxanne Paltauf, 19, Austin, 7 Jul 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I might be grasping at straws here and perhaps some of my information is wrong - so feel free to correct me if it is:

How much was the possibility that Darren Vann could have anything to do with Roxanne's case? I know most people think it was her boyfriend but I only ask this because I read about another person missing - Patti Gail Swinburne - who went missing in roughly the same exact area Roxanne went missing and their cases are less than a year apart. Darren Vann was thought to be living in that area at the time. He has been known to check into different motel 6's - and Roxanne's ID was found at a Motel 6.

Perhaps he has already been ruled out as a suspect and this is all just coincidental but thought it was worth mentioning.

It's been almost ten years since Roxanne went missing.

I think about Roxanne a lot - something about her case really stuck with me. I hope we'll find the truth one day and soon.

The ID episode showed LW criminal history to that date( JUST TRAVIS COUNTY) . Since then :

07/23 13 Failure to ID as a fugitive
07/23 13 resist arrest
04/03/13 PROSTITUTION ( telling ?)
05/23/12 Bail Jumping
05/26/12 Driving invalid.
05/26/12 Poss Marijuana
03/29/12 Bail jumping
03/25/12 Driving invalid
09/23/11 Theft 50-$500
06/27/10 Fail to ID fictitious info
07/28/09 Poss Marijuana
04/04/08 Violate Protective order
03/25/08 Terrorist Threat of a family ( who's family??)

Did NO one in TWO years suspect he was 28 when Roxy was just 16 ? In TX That is a criminal offense. Victim under 17 and suspect over 3 years older.

The motel employee was the " only witness" that LW went after Roxy, then afterwords She went up to his room to hook-up ? Not a very credible witness imo. Also may explain why the " bookkeeping errors" were present , when police tried to follow-up with the room.
TT

The ID episode showed LW criminal history to that date( JUST TRAVIS COUNTY) . Since then :

07/23 13 Failure to ID as a fugitive
07/23 13 resist arrest
04/03/13 PROSTITUTION ( telling ?)
05/23/12 Bail Jumping
05/26/12 Driving invalid.
05/26/12 Poss Marijuana
03/29/12 Bail jumping
03/25/12 Driving invalid
09/23/11 Theft 50-$500
06/27/10 Fail to ID fictitious info
07/28/09 Poss Marijuana
04/04/08 Violate Protective order
03/25/08 Terrorist Threat of a family ( who's family??)

Did NO one in TWO years suspect he was 28 when Roxy was just 16 ? In TX That is a criminal offense. Victim under 17 and suspect over 3 years older.

The motel employee was the " only witness" that LW went after Roxy, then afterwords She went up to his room to hook-up ? Not a very credible witness imo. Also may explain why the " bookkeeping errors" were present , when police tried to follow-up with the room.
TT

The terroristic threat was probably the statement Louis made to his ex-girlfriend that he ''killed a girl before'' and that she ''didn't want to end up like Roxanne''

It was discussed at the 35:06 minute mark. [video=youtube;B6buDS_KeUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6buDS_KeUs[/video]

The terroristic threat was probably the statement Louis made to his ex-girlfriend that he ''killed a girl before'' and that she ''didn't want to end up like Roxanne''

It was discussed at the 35:06 minute mark. [video=youtube;B6buDS_KeUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6buDS_KeUs[/video]

Wasn't she in New Mexico ? It has to be imminent , otherwise it would just be harassment .

Was this case ever presented to the GJ , while circumstantial, there is a lot of it .
TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gathering Saturday to Remember Missing Austinite: Ten years later, family and APD still searching for Roxanne Paltauf

http://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/news/2016-07-07/gathering-saturday-to-remember-missing-austinite/

Though no arrests have been made and Paltauf’s family cannot say for certain whether their daughter and sister is fact deceased, the case has seen its share of action. In 2014, after APD received what could be considered a credible tip about “a body” potentially buried “in a shallow grave,” the department teamed with the FBI to run a search on a 10-acre tract of land nearby. APD Detective Richard Faithful, who heads the case from the department’s Cold Case unit (the investigation is a joint effort between that unit and Missing Persons), said that he continues to receive tips ten years later, but has rarely been able to act on anything for lack of “viable evidence.”

“A lot of it is stuff heard on the street,” said Faithful. “We’ll follow up on tips, but it’s all hearsay.” He said he remains open-minded, but that “the cop in me” points to Walls as the culprit. “If somebody comes up with something else, great. We’ll follow it.”

Was israel keyes ever a suspect?
He killed numerous girls in this time frame and was in texas alot, as he was stationed in ft worth and had family here.

Was israel keyes ever a suspect?
He killed numerous girls in this time frame and was in texas alot, as he was stationed in ft worth and had family here.
I don't think IK had a play in this one. I think there's a pretty solid suspect in this one, just not enough evidence right now for an arrest. I feel like there's two people who know 100%.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I don't think IK had a play in this one. I think there's a pretty solid suspect in this one, just not enough evidence right now for an arrest. I feel like there's two people who know 100%.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I absolutely agree with you, shandram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. I watched her ID episode years ago and just now watched it again. I would like for them to follow up with the girl that provided LW's alibi....it's been over 10 year's and hopefully if she was being untruthful then maybe she would say so now. I know she passed a polygraph but still. I just feel so terrible for her family, they deserve to know what happened to her.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

An Investigation Discovery special, "Gone on the Fourth of July", just spotlighted this case.

There aren't too many Namus entries that could possibly match:

https://lostandfound.revealnews.org...01/2006&end_date=12/31/2017&missingperson=980

Thanks!

Sounds like a repeat Roxanne's 'Disappeared' episode entitled Gone on the Fourth of July that covers her case (below) . . . can anyone confirm yesterday's special was the same thing or was it a brand new program and just titled the same? TIA!

[video=youtube;B6buDS_KeUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6buDS_KeUs[/video]

Appears to be the same episode. They just weren't airing it under the Disappeared name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larney
Back