Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to reports, he was found in deplorable physical and mental condition. I hope he will be cared for in a supervised medical facility.
I wonder if his family was aware he was living in the streets close to home.

Last edited:
The photos they've shared from the hospital bed are dimly lit and Rudy is also shadowed by the blanket, so I'm not so sure if his skin tone is actually much darker. To some degree, if he's been living rough and sleeping outside, I'm sure he's gotten a lot of sun and is very tanned.
I’m just going off what his mother said, that his skin tone was much darker he was hardly recognizable. Along with the weight loss of course.

Pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if Rudy had some sort of psychotic break and has been living on the streets all this time? Or even sort of semi-feral? He could be darker from extended sun exposure or years worth of dirt.

Again, pure speculation on my part.

Pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if Rudy had some sort of psychotic break and has been living on the streets all this time? Or even sort of semi-feral? He could be darker from extended sun exposure or years worth of dirt.

This is where I’m going mentally. He lost his father shortly before he disappeared. Maybe something triggered him on his walk. They say he was suffering from depression, PTSD, and something else. An article named it but my brain can’t remember. So, he has a mental breakdown after the loss of his father. My guess is he has been living on the streets this whole time confused. He’s been seen around family members houses bc he recognized something about them. I feel like the family knew he was out there but were always one step behind. What I am confused about is whether he was found beaten and unresponsive as I have not seen that. I’ve seen he was asleep in front of a church and looked in rough shape so someone called police to check on him. JMO

Last edited:

Cannon said Farias’s family did report to police investigators that they had seen him in September 2018, staying behind the home of a relative.

Police investigators followed up on the 2018 sighting and went to the relative’s home. But “they could not observe him. They could not locate him,” Cannon said.
That doesn't make sense. According to family, he had been missing for 3 years in 2018. They discover him at a relative's home - meaning they should be quite relieved to find him and talk with him. Instead of staying with him, they do something else and when they look again, he's no longer in the yard.

This is where I’m going mentally. He lost his father shortly before he disappeared. Maybe something triggered him on his walk. They say he was suffering from depression, PTSD, and something else. An article named it but my brain can’t remember. So, he has a mental breakdown after the loss of his father. My guess is he has been living on the streets this whole time confused. He’s been seen around family members houses bc he recognized something about them. I feel like the family knew he was out there but were always one step behind. What I am confused about is whether he was found beaten and unresponsive as I have not seen that. I’ve seen he was asleep in front of a church and looked in rough shape so someone called police to check on him. JMO
I am thinking that too. He lost his father and brother before he went missing. I suspect the grief likely caused him to have some psychotic break.

Wrong skin tone, wrong weight, wrong name, but it's him!
When I was a kid, my cousins moved from WA to Guam. They lived there about 10 years and when they moved back, they were literally unrecognizable. The one cousin that was a year older than me had deep crowsfeet wrinkles, and looked around 40 years old, lol (he was 17). He also had super dark skin, and he's as Scottish as the day is long.

Point being, spending ample time in the sun will most definitely change the way you look in a really short period of time.

Is it possible this young man has been outside the majority of his time missing?

I don’t think they just took the mothers word for it. I’m sure they have confirmed his identity. He was in mental distress when he went missing. If he’s been living on the streets then the skin tone change and weight loss are obvious.. Wrong name? JMO whatever happened 8 years ago caused major trauma and he had a breakdown. PTSD Disassociation. Dissociative amnesia. I’m sure there are more. I’m not an expert but I know it’s happened before.

I don’t think they just took the mothers word for it. I’m sure they have confirmed his identity. He was in mental distress when he went missing. If he’s been living on the streets then the skin tone change and weight loss are obvious.. Wrong name? JMO whatever happened 8 years ago caused major trauma and he had a breakdown. PTSD Disassociation. Dissociative amnesia. I’m sure there are more. I’m not an expert but I know it’s happened before.
I also wonder if he could have had a head injury that caused some degree of amnesia. Iirc, his head was bloody ?

That doesn't make sense. According to family, he had been missing for 3 years in 2018. They discover him at a relative's home - meaning they should be quite relieved to find him and talk with him. Instead of staying with him, they do something else and when they look again, he's no longer in the yard.
Well, that's not exactly what the article said.

It was behind the relative's house, which may be semantics, but is also different than AT the house, imo. Police were not able to find Rudy. There is nothing in the article that confirms it was Rudy that was seen. It also doesn't indicate any details of any interaction the family members may or may not have had with Rudy.

Wrong skin tone, wrong weight, wrong name, but it's him!

The police have confirmed it is Rudy, they obviously have conclusive evidence to support that, or they wouldn't publicly declare it.

Also, I can't speak to my skin tone as its always pale and pasty, but my weight is absolutely not what it was 8 years ago! ( Sadly, sigh).

I was wondering about schizophrenia too
Me too. My sister was about 13 when her illness began to manifest, although looking back, we do believe the schizophrenia was always present. Even now at age 40, she is severely ill , on the streets, and rarely comes home anymore, and when she does, she doesn't remember us very well, and usually thinks we are imposters.
I would lean more into him being sick than having been trafficked, but no contact, and he's still in the same city he went missing from gives me pause. In this condition, he would have had contact with police and outreach groups if he was on the streets, at some point, someone would know him...
But if he was claiming to be Julio...gosh i just don't know

Me too. My sister was about 13 when her illness began to manifest, although looking back, we do believe the schizophrenia was always present. Even now at age 40, she is severely ill , on the streets, and rarely comes home anymore, and when she does, she doesn't remember us very well, and usually thinks we are imposters.
I would lean more into him being sick than having been trafficked, but no contact, and he's still in the same city he went missing from gives me pause. In this condition, he would have had contact with police and outreach groups if he was on the streets, at some point, someone would know him...
But if he was claiming to be Julio...gosh i just don't know
Like you said, he was found in the same city he went missing in and three years after his disappearance, he was also spotted in the same city. I’m sure his relatives must of kept looking for him after they spotted him but didn’t find him. Pasadena is not like downtown or midtown houston that has a grid design. During the winter freeze of 2021, Hurricane Harvey and the extremely hot summer days, where did he find shelter?

Except for his haircut for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member