Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found in 2023* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
just keeps getting we

just getting weirder and weirder. None of it makes any sense
So it really does! They both need counseling ,at least that is obvious .
Not sure about the scammer info relied about mom but this boy does need help, I am just not sure its because his mom held him captive . It may be because she isolated him in a way that made him feel manipulated ,or over protected him ,which because the death of his brother he accepted . Not heard mention of those other deaths ,of those other father figures that were not his brother.
I hope they investigate and charge her for the false report , but I doubt they will because they will then be questioned about the lack of follow up .
I am glad Rudy has the attention he needs even if it is not for the reason he thinks he wanted the help for. He needs intervention .

Last edited:
IDk what to think or believe..or even if it's any of my business at this point.
I saw this case here, and other SM, and just wanted to say, I wasthisclose to making comments and jumping to conclusions, and because I have been a long time lurker HERE, I did not make an donkey u know what out of myself elsewhere, especially when it comes to protecting people whose names need not be brought into cases.

Thank you for teaching me to hold my tongue before jumping to ANY conclusion

<modsnip - quoted posts were removed>
I saw this case here, and other SM, and just wanted to say, I wasthisclose to making comments and jumping to conclusions, and because I have been a long time lurker HERE, I did not make an donkey u know what out of myself elsewhere, especially when it comes to protecting people whose names need not be brought into cases.

I don't understand this post, either. Whose names did not need to be brought into it and what conclusion are you glad you didn't jump to earlier?

Not trying to be difficult, y'all. I'm just scratching my head, trying to figure out what everyone is talking about in these last few posts and wondering if I missed something.

Personally, I don't know what to think of the latest interview, re Rudy's talk of colors etc., and the interviewers didn't ask him what he meant by it. It could indicate deeper issues of some kind, or maybe he was a bit under the influence or just speaking metaphorically, IDK.

In any case, if what's been presented thus far is more or less accurate, then at least Rudy is now unstuck and has support to begin building his adult life on his own terms. Hopefully, he will be able to move on to a bright future. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

So Look , even if you did make a donkey of'- we know what, we still care about ya!
I am sure some of us dress up as donkeys as a surprise or just to strut our Donkeydonks!
I cant help you figure out if it is your business or not but the reservation you had before posting is admirable IMO.

I understand we all view things differently and will have had different thoughts when watching the interview, personally I noticed how when asked specific questions Rudy gave vague answers or went off on a tangent about colours and algorithms. I found the almost immediate mention of Stockholm Syndrome unusual as usually sufferers don’t realise that they are victims of this for a long time after they are ‘freed’. Usually with SS victims continue to protect and sympathise with their abuser and it takes time to come to terms with the fact they have been maipulated or brainwashed IMO.

Unless Rudy has been reading some of the comments online that have alluded to SS, which he may well have.
It’s conflicting because if there was a trauma bond (as has been theorised) that seems to have suddenly ended abruptly.

But this is all JMO and I know others will have a different take on the situation.

MOO

I understand we all view things differently and will have had different thoughts when watching the interview, personally I noticed how when asked specific questions Rudy gave vague answers or went off on a tangent about colours and algorithms. I found the almost immediate mention of Stockholm Syndrome unusual as usually sufferers don’t realise that they are victims of this for a long time after they are ‘freed’. Usually with SS victims continue to protect and sympathise with their abuser and it takes time to come to terms with the fact they have been maipulated or brainwashed IMO.

Unless Rudy has been reading some of the comments online that have alluded to SS, which he may well have.
It’s conflicting because if there was a trauma bond (as has been theorised) that seems to have suddenly ended abruptly.

But this is all JMO and I know others will have a different take on the situation.

MOO
My impression was that Rudy was using the psychological terms loosely and informally, more just grasping for the words to describe the situation.

I, too, thought he was evasive at times, when he did not want to disclose the information they asked about. Such as possible sexual abuse allegations and possible illegal activities by himself or his mother. He's said he didn't want her to get into trouble; he just wants to move on with his life.

Not sure what to make of his talk about being guided by colors. All MOO

Last edited:
Lol, I'm going to LMAO if the mother sues Q for defamation. Because that would be the cherry on the top of this mess that was ginned up by SM.
I mean technically, I think she'd have a case. Especially since the HPD denied his claims on live television, and now her alleged victim has also denied the claims. Man, what a gong show this is.

I had to turn it off. Somehow it felt sort of like eavesdropping on a therapy session. Or, something.
The media (professional and otherwise) need to leave this young man alone.
He needs professional help, not a camera and microphone.

jmo

Thank you!! You articulated exactly how I feel. I feel like LE has let this young man down again too. He should be having private therapy sessions, not talking to the media and feeding this frenzy!

Watching him, it is obvious to me (IMHO) that he has been under the influence of something - likely mushrooms - and his brain may never be normal again. I think he may have participated in unsavory things, but I still question whether or not he even understands the concept of right and wrong. With a parent like he has, he needs help finding his way into reality. I also think he may be following online and heard some of the terms he was trying to use in the interview such as SS and manipulation. I think he doesn't actually know and shouldn't be trying to diagnose himself. If he is just a con too, a therapist could hopefully sort through that.

Linda is one of tens of thousands of people who are, in a word (their word), obsessed with the case of Rudolph “Rudy” Farias IV. They’re from Houston and Boston and Phoenix and San Antonio and Nova Scotia and Australia and South Africa. Some of them, like Linda, swear they’ve never looked at true crime in their lives. Others are proud to say they were true crimers long before the genre got popular.

They’re like Alice visiting Wonderland; the case is a rabbit hole. No, not a rabbit hole. A black hole. Get too close and it’ll suck you right in.

Rudy gives a TV interview. The pace of comments in the groups skyrockets.

wow, where did the compassion go? This was a kid. Color me sad and shocked.
100% agree. People are seemingly forgetting that this (manipulation, codependency, emotional abuse etc) hasn't just been going on since he "went missing" at 18; there are documented news stories of this kid being used/ exploited for sympathy by his mother since at least his very early teens (ex. the "about to be homeless" story). Whatever supposed involvement Rudy has in the scheming now is a direct result of years and years of psychological and emotional abuse by his mother. Moo.

LE said he was 17 but I don't know that we can trust they did their due diligence on his age.
I'm curious to know, if you (or anyone else here, familiar with them) would have said the same thing about the HPD if Quannell X hadn't accused them of lying.

I know WS is pro-LE/ LE-friendly & all and I am personally 100% pro-cop, but some stations do have a rotten reputation and usually if you do, it's deserved. So, does HPD have this rep or do folks just believe Quannell X over the police chief?

I've already said I thought QX was wrong in his criticisms of the police and that he was overstating any SA allegations. (And now having heard from RF, he has also confirmed that QX misinterpreted what he said.)

I was questioning HPD on the age because others, including PIs, have reported a different age, and also because imo HPD hasn't appeared all that interested in this case, they seemed to be annoyed to have to talk about it. I can see why this case wouldn't be a big priority for them, but his age is a very simple fact check.

RF did say in his interview that he is 26 now, so also confirming HPD was wrong on that fact.

Having watched the interview, imo it looks to me that Janie, through her deranged manipulations, has caused Rudy to be emotionally and socially stunted and and otherwise psychologically damaged. I hope he can get the help he deserves. She perhaps can't be charged for bad mothering, but if there are any legitimate victims of her ubiquitous scams, hopefully they can get some justice if there is anything actionable. jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knewborn96
Back