GUILTY TX - Samuel Olson, 5, found deceased, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARRESTS* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can’t help but wonder how BR the roommate has been able to avoid charges. I wonder if he had an attorney or if he just made very smart demands. He clearly had critically important information to share. Just curious how that all went down and how he was able to protect himself. MOO

I can’t help but wonder how BR the roommate has been able to avoid charges. I wonder if he had an attorney or if he just made very smart demands. He clearly had critically important information to share. Just curious how that all went down and how he was able to protect himself. MOO

I've been trying to figure this out. Didn't he basically admit to a very serious crime? And if he was living in that tiny 1BR with the prime POI, it's hard to imagine him being able to afford an attorney capable of keeping him out of jeopardy.

I've been trying to figure this out. Didn't he basically admit to a very serious crime? And if he was living in that tiny 1BR with the prime POI, it's hard to imagine him being able to afford an attorney capable of keeping him out of jeopardy.

At one point I thought "what if BR wasn't staying in the 1 bedroom place for a few days". It's possible he knew Sam was there and BR went to stay with a friend. But then we heard that TB called him to let him know that Sam was dead,

I had to stop and step back to square one because I just wasn't sure anymore of who, where, when nor how.

Nobody is coming up with anything that makes much sense at the moment. The story is a jumble of mess. Even DOs mother didn't have the facts straight when she first spoke out.

So where does that leave us?

At one point I thought "what if BR wasn't staying in the 1 bedroom place for a few days". It's possible he knew Sam was there and BR went to stay with a friend. But then we heard that TB called him to let him know that Sam was dead,

I had to stop and step back to square one because I just wasn't sure anymore of who, where, when nor how.

Nobody is coming up with anything that makes much sense at the moment. The story is a jumble of mess. Even DOs mother didn't have the facts straight when she first spoke out.

With too many questions. All these people involved in Samuel’s life and none of them knew he was in danger? Common sense tells me that someone arrested for DV should not be the person tasked with taking care of a child. I’m surprised Grandma Olsen didn’t object to that.

Or, TB and SO were staying with her mom and only went to the apartment later? Maybe we're assuming she was living there, but maybe she ran from her mom's house to him for help, like she called her ex-husband for help but he turned her down and like she called her pick-up truck friend for help.

Whatever happened, I share others' confusion why he hasn't been arrested for admitting crimes.

jmo

Is there any chance BR is the name he goes by but possibly not his full legal name?? MOO

Just one thing to add - I'm not condoning anything! But those who do not have small children right now may not know how expensive child care is. In my area, daycare is 20k per child, day camp is around 1k per week, and babysitters are $18-20 per hour. Yes, there are vouchers and free programs - but only for those with a low/lower income. I had to explain to my in-laws that no - I didn't miss a decimal point in any of those figures.

Roommate of woman accused in 5-year-old Samuel Olson's death now charged in the case
"...Ben Rivera, 27, has been charged with tampering/fabricating evidence in the death of 5-year-old Samuel Olson.....During an interview with Rivera, police say he told them he received a call on May 10 from Balboa saying Samuel was not breathing and telling him to come home. Court documents say the 27-year-old told police he returned to their apartment in the 15600 block of the Gulf Freeway in Webster that day and saw the child unconscious with bruising on his body. He said they placed Samuel's body in the bath tub where he stayed for two days. Rivera told police he went to Walmart on May 13 and bought duct tape and a plastic tote bin that they put the child in and took him to a storage unit where he remained until May 31. Police found the Walmart receipt during a search warrant, according to records.
After further investigation, court documents say police found evidence conflicting the timeline Rivera gave them.
During a search of his phone, investigators found a text message from Balboa to Rivera on May 5 saying that she needed to speak to him before he came inside the apartment. On May 12, court documents say Balboa sent a text to Rivera saying she was going to move Samuel's body to the bed, after learning from Rivera that the apartment's maintenance would be entering their unit that day. Surveillance video from a storage facility in Webster shows Rivera's truck with the bin Samuel's body was later found in in the back arriving on May 22."

Roommate of woman accused in 5-year-old Samuel Olson's death now charged in the case
"...Ben Rivera, 27, has been charged with tampering/fabricating evidence in the death of 5-year-old Samuel Olson.....During an interview with Rivera, police say he told them he received a call on May 10 from Balboa saying Samuel was not breathing and telling him to come home. Court documents say the 27-year-old told police he returned to their apartment in the 15600 block of the Gulf Freeway in Webster that day and saw the child unconscious with bruising on his body. He said they placed Samuel's body in the bath tub where he stayed for two days. Rivera told police he went to Walmart on May 13 and bought duct tape and a plastic tote bin that they put the child in and took him to a storage unit where he remained until May 31. Police found the Walmart receipt during a search warrant, according to records.
After further investigation, court documents say police found evidence conflicting the timeline Rivera gave them.
During a search of his phone, investigators found a text message from Balboa to Rivera on May 5 saying that she needed to speak to him before he came inside the apartment. On May 12, court documents say Balboa sent a text to Rivera saying she was going to move Samuel's body to the bed, after learning from Rivera that the apartment's maintenance would be entering their unit that day. Surveillance video from a storage facility in Webster shows Rivera's truck with the bin Samuel's body was later found in in the back arriving on May 22."

I wish y'all could see my face right now.
So this baby might have been dead almost a week prior to what was previously reported...soon after he came back from TO's.
I'm sorry. There is really no explanation anybody could give right now that would help me understand why family went almost a whole month without speaking to or seeing a 5 year old.

Mod Note:
The roommate may now be sleuthed.

omg!!!

so was she just taking him there from her moms on 5/5? or did she beat him on 5/5 and he would see injuries? was he really deceased on 5/5?

were there cadaver dogs at the apt? how could they not pick up on the tote that had been in the apt for over a week, since it seems they moved it 5/22 rather than 5/13?

Last edited:
I wish y'all could see my face right now.
So this baby might have been dead almost a week prior to what was previously reported...soon after he came back from TO's.
I'm sorry. There is really no explanation anybody could give right now that would help me understand why family went almost a whole month without speaking to or seeing a 5 year old.
I have the same look on my face. I stopped in my tracks when I read the timeline didn't match what the boyfriend said.

jmo

Was Sam unconscious on May 5th? Breathing but gravely injured?

Or was the May 5th text more along the lines of “I know you don’t want a 5yr old staying in our 1bdrm apt but I agreed to watch him for a few days?”

What the heck happened in that apartment May 5-12th?
I'm seriously concerned SO suffered awhile and I'm hoping so much that is not true.

Very upsetting development.

jmo

On the 6 p.m. CDT KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX -- TV news, the reporter stated that BR's attorney indicated that BR would turn himself in if charged. It has not happened and his whereabouts are unknown at this time per the news reporter.

But .. . just because it is stated on the news (about BR whereabouts unknown) does not mean it is true!

Theresa Balboa's roommate charged in 5-year-old Houston boy's death

KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX -- Tuesday, June 22, 2021 5:18PM

Last edited:
From: KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX -- Tuesday, June 22, 2021 5:18 PM CDT

I watched the 6 p.m. CDT News on TV. A reporter indicated that BR was suppose to turn himself in if charged. It has not happened yet and his whereabouts are unknown at this time.

But .. . we all know one can not believe everything reported on the news. In this case, regarding " BR whereabouts are unknown at this time."

The 6 p.m. news update regarding the Olson case has not been updated on KTRK (ABC)'s site yet.

Theresa Balboa's roommate charged in 5-year-old Houston boy's death

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd
Back