Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thing is... what was he thinking with his boy around this person?
What does he have to say about his child not going to school in a month?
Reportedly, the body has been there for some time.
How did this go on for so long?
moo
I missed how long the body was there? Was it before he was reported missing? Sorry and thanks

BREAKING: Jasper PD believes body in motel room is that of boy reported missing

Complete details are not available at this time. However, officers were apparently called to the Best Western Inn located in the 200 block of West Gibson Street shortly before 6:00 on Tuesday evening, when it was reported that the body had been found.

Even though it is not conclusive, Jasper Police Chief Gerald Hall said he and others believe the deceased to be a 6 year old boy who had been reported missing in the Houston area late last week. Hall also said that a person had been detained. However, he did not elaborate any further.

Hall would not release further details, but said the body of the child was found in a tote bag located in a room on the west side of the motel complex. He also said there were indications the body had been there for some time.

How can a body be in a hotel room for “some time” and nobody notice??

https://kfdm.com/live/breaking-jasper-pd-believes-body-in-motel-room-is-that-of-boy-reported-missing
additional link; same info

I missed how long the body was there? Was it before he was reported missing? Sorry and thanks
They said "the body had been there for some time."

I wonder how long they mean?

"but said the body of the child was found in a tote bag located in a room on the west side of the motel complex. He also said there were indications were that the body had been there for some time."

BREAKING: Jasper PD believes body in motel room is that of boy reported missing

Complete details are not available at this time. However, officers were apparently called to the Best Western Inn located in the 200 block of West Gibson Street shortly before 6:00 on Tuesday evening, when it was reported that the body had been found.

Even though it is not conclusive, Jasper Police Chief Gerald Hall said he and others believe the deceased to be a 6 year old boy who had been reported missing in the Houston area late last week. Hall also said that a person had been detained. However, he did not elaborate any further.

Hall would not release further details, but said the body of the child was found in a tote bag located in a room on the west side of the motel complex. He also said there were indications the body had been there for some time.

How can a body be in a hotel room for “some time” and nobody notice??

The challenge with the wording is “some time” could be a few days or a few weeks. I don’t take it to mean the last 24 hours though.

The challenge with the wording is “some time” could be a few days or a few weeks. I don’t take it to mean the last 24 hours though.

Me either. Regardless, this is tragic. A senseless act that should not have happened no matter the identity of this child or circumstances around what led him to that point. Horrible, horrible, horrible. I will never understand.

These cases make my blood boil.

my speculation is that something happened in the beginning of the month and he's been in a tote that long? and then was brought to the hotel just before they called police to report him missing? :(
Maybe there will be more arrests?
moo

I hope any cctv around the hotel will show who had the tote bag. Was the body placed there or did he die in the room and was placed in the tote bag after?

I don't understand why the mother had custody but didn't see her child for over a year.

The lawyers speaking said the mother has not had Samuel since January 2020
She was denied access to him and hired the lawyers to start the paperwork to get him back
She can not speak on this, she is devastated.

With covid and courts closed it has been very difficult

Mom has one other child

Live News Stream: Watch FOX 26 Houston

Last edited:

my speculation is that something happened in the beginning of the month and he's been in a tote that long? and then was brought to the hotel just before they called police to report him missing? :(
moo
If that's true then Dad had to know. IMO I pray it's not true.
What if something happened that day and that's why he wasn't reported missing until 6pm? IMO

moo
I hope this vile person is as stupid as they are cruel. Could they have actually stayed there previously? Or have a connection with someone who does?

Is it a flophouse hotel where people pay to crash there a week at a time?

Inmate Roster | Jasper SO

Nothing yet but I am going to watch!
I would also suggest watching Houston inmate roster as well in case they just rented a far away hotel room to use as a hiding spot, and were detained at home by Houston police?

I wonder what reason exactly the bag was opened up to find him. a patron complaint? Housekeeping, manager, police? did someone confess, camera footage, phone pings or recent credit card charges to hotel?
sigh... just disgusting

Hmmmm, a motel room sounds like his body hasn’t been there that long? If that’s the case dad needs to explain why he hasn’t been in school. If it turns out the body HAS been there a while then dad has a whole other kind of explaining to do.

Not if he(dad) " believed" the girlfriends story of mom and "cop" taking Samuel away.... dad would think mom has Samuel.......pieces coming together finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout