TX - Sandra Bland, 28, found dead in jail cell, Waller County, 13 July 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read every page, I just cruise through (LOL)...but she had something like $7500+ in unpaid fines, correct? Any mention of warrants out for her? I haven't read that, so I'm assuming not?

She wasn't arrested for any of these things, so with regard to her arrest, and the way that the cop bullied her, they are irrelevant.

Could have been the same scenario, easily. Perhaps he has an issue with "uppity women", lol. Especially the ones who defend themselves using reason. JMO

I come from a pro-LE stance, naturally. However, I'm also not blind to inappropriate behavior by LE.

I currently work with someone in our agency that was a TX DPS officer before coming to our agency. He has what I would describe as a defensive personality. He gets offended by people's tones, words said, any slight or possible criticism of him and he literally gets PIZZED! It's nothing for me to have to talk him down off the ceiling about once a week on things that he really shouldn't take so personally. It's just his personality. I hear him tell stories of his years as a DPS trooper and I shudder to think how he got amped up out on the road. Sigh. He's about 5'8" and do I joke about THAT is what his defensiveness is all about? That and he will admit that people judge him for his very strong East Texas accent and think he's just a dumb hick. He mentions that over and over. He doesn't interact with traffic stops, etc. now, so he's in a pretty good position. Less public interaction. Good investigator.

There's one other I can think back on, but other than that, I guess I've been very fortunate in my career, even being a female in a man's world back in the 1990's. I even had a range master tell me once that he was a little worried about how the males would accept me (I was the only female in my class), but it worked out really well. I can't think of one officer throughout my career that I dreaded working with. Some were better than others, but really, I consider myself very fortunate.

For whatever that's worth, LOL

She wasn't arrested for any of these things, so with regard to her arrest, and the way that the cop bullied her, they are irrelevant.

I was just asking, and you don't need to tell me it's irrelevant. I had an honest question and actually am surprised there weren't warrants out for that amount of fines. That's why I wanted to verify there weren't any, and whether I missed that detail.

I was just asking, and you don't need to tell me it's irrelevant. I had an honest question and actually am surprised there weren't warrants out for that amount of fines. That's why I wanted to verify there weren't any, and whether I missed that detail.

If there were warrants out for her, wouldn't he have told her that THAT was why he was arresting her? She kept asking and he kept obfuscating...and if he planned to arrest and frisk, shouldn't he have asked for female back-up?. No, he didn't kill her, and hopefully he will soon be out of a job for his behavior, but he has certainly left a lot of misery and mystery in his wake. JMO

Just catching up, but hopefully someone will be kind enough to answer this for me:
Do we know if he ran a background check (qw type) on Bland?
That's routine w/all traffic stops that I know of. But I live in a large metropolitan area.
TIA
jmo

If there were warrants out for her, wouldn't he have told her that THAT was why he was arresting her? She kept asking and he kept obfuscating...and if he planned to arrest and frisk, shouldn't he have asked for female back-up?. No, he didn't kill her, and hopefully he will soon be out of a job for his behavior, but he has certainly left a lot of misery and mystery in his wake. JMO

Yes, he should have had there been warrants. It takes 5-10 minutes, on average, to verify warrants..and I'm assuming all the fines were out of Illinois?
I can still be "surprised" there weren't warrants, LOL. I guess that's why I really wanted to know.

Re female officer to arrest/frisk - not always required, unless it's that agency's specific policy. I don't know about that agency. In my experience, it's "preferred" but there are times that females are not available in a reasonable amount of time to respond to the scene. (***Remember, there's a low % of female officers in most agencies***).

And yes, I totally agree that this entire situation is a sad story, with a loss of life (however the investigation turns up).

Just catching up, but hopefully someone will be kind enough to answer this for me:
Do we know if he ran a background check (qw type) on Bland?
That's routine w/all traffic stops that I know of. But I live in a large metropolitan area.
TIA
jmo

Awww, qw! Me thinks you know what's going on :)

Well, one would hope he or communications did!

Never mind just finished watching entire video. Yes of course he ran a QW and some or all of it was done by his onboard computer.
Of course he has reason to suspect she may be under the influence.
It all goes south when she cops the attitude about putting out the cigarette. [Sure cigs kill but this was unprecedented.
And that's my own opinion based on being a smoker and having family/friends die from cancer.]
I am so very sorry she chose to respond that way and I am so very sorry she carried the records of previous arrests w/her.
See if you've ever been arrested for DUI/DWI that comes up on the computer. It follows.
I'm not trying to justify the attitude he had but IMO something alerted him whilst back @his own car.
Did he have the right to ask her to step out of her car? Absolutely.
Time teaches us to try to respect those in authority. There are cops who are "rotten" just like there are "rotten" clergy, teachers, magistrates, mailmen, etc.
We have to hope against all odds that we can trust in our fellow man.
Lately that trust seems questionable. On many different sides of the proverbial coin.
If these things continue to incite riots and the such we are doomed as a society/culture.
Honestly.
My opinion counts as much as any for the supreme court tells me so.
I am so very sorry she decided that killing herself was even a reasonable way out.
She was, by her own accounts, very active in being suspicious of LE.
Was it a self-fulfilling prophecy?
If it was, IMO, it was the wrong way and the wrong time.
We don't need this Union divided, but some seem to think that we do.
JMHO and all of that and not intended to offend, rant off

I rarely buy into the race card. But I do wonder if that could have played with the officer. Had she been white would he had been more understanding with her frustration?

Is there any evidence that it was based on race? I'm sure the hashtag crowd and professional agitators have stated such but I'd rather deal in facts. All the hysteria surrounding each of these cases does nothing but cause division instead of unity in ultimately determining what happened and why. Of course there are those that profit off of racial strife but I discount their opinions.

IMO this LEO was an *advertiser censored* with an attitude and he would likely have treated anyone of any color the same. I am white and I myself have encountered these type. Best thing to do is suck it up and obey and seek a solution after the stop is complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awww, qw! Me thinks you know what's going on :)

Well, one would hope he or communications did!

Ahh shucks:blushing:[shakes head, looks around, comes out from PC hiding]
This woman should be alive.
It is an outrage.
IMO it is always an outrage to kill oneself.
Permanent solution to temporary problem.
I refuse to be scared of saying the wrong thing. There is no wrong thing w/in WS TOS if you follow them.
I am so tired of being viewed as a "race" and not a "human".
JMHO

DA is going to have a PC on the autopsy sometime soon. CNN will cover it.

As a female, I've been taught NEVER get out of the car during a routine traffic stop. (There are cases of cops assaulting women)

Why prior to ordering her out from her car, did he not ask her if she had been drinking or smoking something else? Was he trying to get her out of the car to prove she had been smoking pot or something? However, why didn't this become an issue on the police report?

If he suspected she was DUI why wasn't a Tox Screen done at her booking? Wouldn't this Tox Screen have shown MJ? (Since preliminary autopsy is showing MJ) Could she have been charged with DUI at her booking?

It really isn't that difficult, comply, document, take action. Cops can be real jerks, but to some degree, I guess it's part of the job. It's not always easy to tell the good guys from bad guys sometimes, public and LE.

As a female, I've been taught NEVER get out of the car during a routine traffic stop. (There are cases of cops assaulting women)

Why prior to ordering her out from her car, did he not ask her if she had been drinking or smoking something else? Was he trying to get her out of the car to prove she had been smoking pot or something? However, why didn't this become an issue on the police report?

If he suspected she was DUI why wasn't a Tox Screen done at her booking? Wouldn't this Tox Screen have shown MJ? (Since preliminary autopsy is showing MJ) Could she have been charged with DUI at her booking?

If they have a dash cam, just try to stay in it's frame

Press conference from the DA shortly as in any minute per foxnews or if it can be found.

Autopsy report may be made available tomorrow but he is going to discuss the pathological findings now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtKnee