Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yep.. I keep thinking we would have heard/seen all that blood splatter too.
But, they just don't seem to be clearing up what they mean by "complexing crime scene".
We will know more facts soon, but maybe not the truth.
I think it may be complex and perplexing because this has to do with Savanna's brothers death and Savanna was targeted. When LE examined the scene they seen things that stood out to them that said this was more than just a shooting. (I'm going with bound, tied up, gagged, ect. as being the reason why LE has labeled this perplexing shortly after the car was found)

Drug deals gone wrong killings are not that perplexing IMO.

Time will tell, although that information might not come out until there is a trial. (Strange how much you learn about cases that you didn't already know, when you watch what is presented at trial)

JMO

As a reminder:

These are the RULES concerning social media.
In short, these are the pages allowed to be linked and discussed:

Individuals
  • Victim (missing or murdered person)
  • Suspect (as officially named by LE)
Public Pages
  • Mainstream Media (MSM)
  • Law Enforcement (LE)
  • Approved group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for..." (usually a page run by family)
  • Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas EquuSearch).
However, comments and posts made by friends/family/visitors on these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.

Social media pages of family members and/or friends of either a victim or a suspect, and most any other individual are
OFF LIMITS. Don't link to these pages or make reference to information you find on them. You may reasonably discuss what is reported in the MSM, but further sleuthing and discussion of these pages is not allowed.

If you have a question about the rules or are unsure of something you want to post, reach out to a Mod or Admin by using the report feature located at the bottom of any post.

Thanks!
Mad

Apparently no gun was recovered though, and its incredibly rare to see a suicide with a gunshot wound to the back of the head.
But another post said the shot was behind the right ear.
It’s perplexing to me that a very pregnant woman was holding a car seat on her lap in the front seat, so maybe that was at least part of why it was perplexing.
The thread is moving too fast, I too addressed this, no way that car seat fit on top of her belly without hiding her, no way she consented to having it there.

But another post said the shot was behind the right ear.

The thread is moving too fast, I too addressed this, no way that car seat fit on top of her belly without hiding her, no way she consented to having it there.
MSM is quoting extended family members on this. Still unreliable if it's not coming from LE.

I think it may be complex and perplexing because this has to do with Savanna's brothers death and Savanna was targeted. When LE examined the scene they seen things that stood out to them that said this was more than just a shooting. (I'm going with bound, tied up, gagged, ect. as being the reason why LE has labeled this perplexing shortly after the car was found)

Time will tell, although that information might not come out until there is a trial. (Strange how much you learn about cases that you didn't already know, when you watch what is presented at trial)

JMO

Your words are the point I was thinking about:

That is kindof why I feel the constant mention of "perplexing".... is kindof "perplexing.

It’s perplexing to me that a very pregnant woman was holding a car seat on her lap in the front seat, so maybe that was at least part of why it was perplexing. Also maybe because he was in the back and she in the front. I think those things alone beg questions and require extra investigation into what in the world happened here and why the chief couldn’t immediately say much about the scene and what occurred.

I think it's perplexing because you have a nine month pregnant woman, she has been dead for several days, with also a history of DV. As reported in MSM, she is in the front seat holding the car seat. She has likely been murdered. He is in the back seat.

Drug deals gone bad are common, homicides are murder/suicides are common enough, but those involving a nine months pregnant missing women, in a vehicle for several days after being murdered are not common. So maybe all of this complicates the crime scene too. I dunno....

Last edited:
I think evening inductions are fairly common. I was induced at night. <modsnip> I have had friends also asked to arrive in the evening. What tends to happen is other mothers/babies get released in the morning/afternoon and then they have space for another mother to arrive in the evening to begin the induction. So I think 630pm for a planned induction does sound pretty normal.
Savanah’s mom posted that they panicked at 2:30 pm when Savanah couldn’t be found after missing her appointment for the induction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would she hold the car seat on her lap? They are big and bulky and she's 9 mo pregnant.

I think it was placed there when/after whatever happened.
I agree. I think something was going down in the backseat and she was holding it to make space for them.
sadly I have seen a few drug deals in my life. "Buyer" gets in car with "seller" usually parked somewhere not to attract attention. In this case, she's very pregnant and probably doesn't want to get out and squish into back seat while business is happening so boyfriend hands her car seat from back and gets in back there with buyer. Buyer either has a grudge or wants revenge or plans on robbing boyfriend, shoots him and then her in the back of the head. I bet boyfriend was in back seat drivers side. Car seat was just in back seat because she was heading to be induced soon. Chances are she had gotten it prior to this incident. If you ever watch the first 48, you will totally get what I think may have happened. Just my opinion
I agree with this and think it’s what happened.
I think evening inductions are fairly common. I was induced at night. <modsnip> I have had friends also asked to arrive in the evening. What tends to happen is other mothers/babies get released in the morning/afternoon and then they have space for another mother to arrive in the evening to begin the induction. So I think 630pm for a planned induction does sound pretty normal.
I was induced with my oldest who is now 13. My induction appointment arrival time was 7:30pm. I agree it’s common for evening induction appointments.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to her mom, the induction was scheduled for 6:30 pm on the 23rd.

Her mom panicked on the 24th.
Her mom had stated that MG didn't want her there.
According to the official time stamp on the FB post made by Savanna's mother, the post was made on Saturday December 23, 2023 at 8:18 PM (Hover over time to see the actual time stamp)

But according to what you are saying, Her mom didn't panicked until the next day on Dec. 24th.

That doesn't make sense to me.

If Savanna's appointment was in fact for December 23, 2023 at 6:30 PM, instead of 6:30 AM, her mom posted her message less than 2 hours after the supposed appointment time.

Given the time someone would wait thinking Savanna was just running late and would show up any minute, and when she didn't, the amount of time it took to probably go to Savanna's apartment to see if she is there, the amount of time it took to likely check with others (relatives) to see if they had heard from Savanna and so on, that doesn't seem like a whole lot of time before making a post saying Savanna is missing and never showed up at the hospital. And not panicking until the next day?????

JMO

Just received an updated alert

From the article:

On Thursday, the Bexar County Medical Examiner provided the cause of death for Guerra as “contact gunshot wound to the head.” The manner of death (homicide or suicide) is pending and they could not provide further information, a spokesperson said.

Sounds like they’re still trying to determine suicide or homicide.

According to the official time stamp on the FB post made by Savanna's mother, the post was made on Saturday December 23, 2023 at 8:18 PM (Hover over time to see the actual time stamp)

But according to what you are saying, Her mom didn't panicked until the next day on Dec. 24th.

That doesn't make sense to me.

If Savanna's appointment was in fact for December 23, 2023 at 6:30 PM, instead of 6:30 AM, her mom posted her message less than 2 hours after the supposed appointment time.

Given the time someone would wait thinking Savanna was just running late and would show up any minute, and when she didn't, the amount of time it took to probably go to Savanna's apartment to see if she is there, the amount of time it took to likely check with others (relatives) to see if they had heard from Savanna and so on, that doesn't seem like a whole lot of time before making a post saying Savanna is missing and never showed up at the hospital. And not panicking until the next day?????

JMO
I had not previously followed the FB post mentioned. It's confusing because I'm getting my days mixed up due to Christmas Eve. So you are correct.

However, here is a SA Express-News article with a timeline. Some local media had induction time at 6:30 pm, but the San Antonio Express-News says 6:30 am. Did the E-N verify the appointment time as 6:30 am via the SAPD and Methodist Hospital?? Or is it a typo?? Was there a typo on her mom's FB?? Who knows??

Friday, Dec. 22: Soto is last seen around 2 p.m. at an apartment complex where she and Guerra lived in the 6000 block of Grissom Road in Leon Valley.

Saturday, Dec. 23: Soto is supposed to check in at Stone Oak Methodist Hospital at 6:30 a.m.

The FB post mentioned is linked in the E-N article at 8:18 pm. But her mom says it scheduled for 6:30 pm

Monday, Dec. 25: The Texas Department of Public Safety issues a Coordinated Law Enforcement Adult Rescue (CLEAR) alert for Soto

They may know but want to hold back that information.
But it makes me wonder, if they don't say right away that it is an obvious murder.
Sounds like he wasn't restrained, not tied up, not beat up, no signs of self-dense, etc, and the shot placement does not rule out self-inflicted.
But if there is no gun, did they consider the gun may have been removed from the car? Did his hands have a lot of gunshot residue?

Edit to add, I'm sure they did a rush forensics on the car. If he is the only one with prints/DNA as the driver and nothing is wiped down, that would be telling. Not to mention what other forensics could show.

Last edited:
Just received an updated alert

From the article:

On Thursday, the Bexar County Medical Examiner provided the cause of death for Guerra as “contact gunshot wound to the head.” The manner of death (homicide or suicide) is pending and they could not provide further information, a spokesperson said.

IMO they just don’t want to release information. If there was not a gun found at the scene, I don’t believe suicide is an option.

IMO they just don’t want to release information. If there was not a gun found at the scene, I don’t believe suicide is an option.
I hope it's clear that suicide is not an option, but not just because there is no gun in the car.
Someone knew where they were, the sister-in-law was told, went there and called 911 after finding the car and bodies. The car sat there unsecured for a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead