Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand why they have to shoot either of them but specifically why shoot a pregnant girl? They could have easily taken just him and leave her behind
I am sorry and saddened for Savanah and her baby
Her poor mum, 2 kids and a grandchild gone in such a violent way
And it isn’t easy for MG’s family either, they also lost a kid and a grandchild
I am no expert but would MG kill Savanah (and Fabian) and then himself? According to his dad he was excited about becoming a dad and ready to turn things around
This is a horrible situation for all involved

Last edited:
I had not previously followed the FB post mentioned. It's confusing because I'm getting my days mixed up due to Christmas Eve. So you are correct.

However, here is a SA Express-News article with a timeline. Some local media had induction time at 6:30 pm, but the San Antonio Express-News says 6:30 am. Did the E-N verify the appointment time as 6:30 am via the SAPD and Methodist Hospital?? Or is it a typo?? Was there a typo on her mom's FB?? Who knows??

Friday, Dec. 22: Soto is last seen around 2 p.m. at an apartment complex where she and Guerra lived in the 6000 block of Grissom Road in Leon Valley.

Saturday, Dec. 23: Soto is supposed to check in at Stone Oak Methodist Hospital at 6:30 a.m.

The FB post mentioned is linked in the E-N article at 8:18 pm. But her mom says it scheduled for 6:30 pm

Monday, Dec. 25: The Texas Department of Public Safety issues a Coordinated Law Enforcement Adult Rescue (CLEAR) alert for Soto

Here is one that says she was to be induced on Saturday evening, but her mother became concerned when she knocked on Savannah's door Saturday afternoon. Why would Savanna's mom be knocking on the door Saturday afternoon???

Soto was a week overdue to deliver and was scheduled to have an induced labor at a hospital last Saturday night, her family told the station.

Gloria Cordova said she last heard from her daughter on Friday afternoon and got no answer when she knocked on her Leon Valley apartment door Saturday afternoon.

Sounds like they’re still trying to determine suicide or homicide.
SBBM

We've considered that, from what we can see, there's no evidence of blood splatter on the windows of the car, which surely tells us SS and MG weren't shot in the head in the car, and therefore, it's not a murder/suicide.

Likewise, it suggests the couple wasn't shot in the car by anyone else.

Unless the murderer/s cleaned the windows.

I don’t understand why they have to shoot either of them but specifically why shoot a pregnant girl? They could have easily taken just him and leave her behind
Because if Savanna was targeted, it makes a BIG statement to her family. DON'T MESS WITH US.

ETA: Kill one or more witness to an up coming murder trial.

JMO

Last edited:
Its
How did the family member open the door?
It’s possible that they just saw through the window. The windows on that car are not tinted that dark and it’s been cool in the evenings here but 60-70 degrees here and full sun. It would not be hard to walk up to the passenger side of the car and see inside.

They may know but want to hold back that information.
But it makes me wonder, if they don't say right away that it is an obvious murder.
Sounds like he wasn't restrained, not tied up, not beat up, no signs of self-dense, etc, and the shot placement does not rule out self-inflicted.
But if there is no gun, did they consider the gun may have been removed from the car? Did his hands have a lot of gunshot residue?

Edit to add, I'm sure they did a rush forensics on the car. If he is the only one with prints/DNA as the driver and nothing is wiped down, that would be telling. Not to mention what other forensics could show.
This may be a super crazy thought, but could it have been a murder/suicide on someone's property, someone he knows, someone who perhaps had a gun that he used, and then they paniced and decided they had to remove the bodies so they didn't get blamed? Probably doubtful, but the thought just occurred to me so I thought I'd post it.

How do phone records work with burner phone? Boyfriend doesn’t strike me as the type to have a contract with a major carrier, for various reasons.
It works the same way; they'd need the phone number which they could figure out by looking at Savanah's phone records.

I am sorry and saddened for Savanah and heri baby
I am no expert but would MG kill Savanah (and Fabian) and then himself? According to his dad he was excited about becoming a dad and ready to turn things around
It's so tragic and makes no sense. But that is what can and does happen when you are involved in a certain "business" and deal with people involved in that "business". Brutality. Nothing is off limits and entire families, including babies and children, are killed. Not saying that this is what happened here, but that is my suspicion.

Last edited:
Its

It’s possible that they just saw through the window. The windows on that car are not tinted that dark and it’s been cool in the evenings here but 60-70 degrees here and full sun. It would not be hard to walk up to the passenger side of the car and see inside.
I saw a linked article upthread where the family member stated she opened the door, saw Savannah, and didn’t want to see any more.

She was a witness and maybe they both knew the person(s) that killed them. Jmo

I’m beginning to think Savanah and her child were the intended targets. I think it goes back to her brothers murder and the attack in the courtroom. There’s probably been other stuff going on that we have no idea about. Her child’s father was maybe the collateral damage? IMO

Savanah Soto, Matthew Guerra both died from 'gunshot wound to the head,' medical examiner says​

Guerra’s cause of death is listed as “contact gunshot wound to the head,” indicating that the muzzle of the firearm used to kill him was held directly against his head, while Soto’s cause of death is listed simply as a gunshot wound to the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member