Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sbm

This is what's gnawing at me too
Same. If MG was the target, you'd expect the killers to do what they normally do; gun him down when he was alone. This is bizarrely complex for a gang related hit, and rare in that they intended to kill SS, at least at the moment that it occurred. Usually if there's a second victim, they're collateral damage (drive by shooting, etc).

Last edited:
Same. If MG was the target, you'd expect the killers to do what they normally do; gun him down when he was alone. This is bizarrely complex for a solo gang related hit, and rare in that they intended to kill SS, at least at the moment that it occurred. Usually if there's a second victim, they're collateral damage (drive by shooting, etc).
That is the only thing keeping me thinking on this. What in the world meant SS had to go. A low and silly couple of grand debt. No. Seen too much. No. Can be silenced. I just don’t get it at all. Who pulled that trigger is unhinged. IMO (obviously)

That is the only thing keeping me thinking on this. What in the world meant SS had to go. A low and silly couple of grand debt. No. Seen too much. No. Can be silenced. I just don’t get it at all. Who pulled that trigger is unhinged. IMO (obviously)
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending how you choose to look at it), the reasons will never make sense to us. The person(s) who did this doesn’t think like we do and doesn’t value human life. They simply don’t care about anything or anyone unless it benefits them.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending how you choose to look at it), the reasons will never make sense to us. The person(s) who did this doesn’t think like we do and doesn’t value human life. They simply don’t care about anything or anyone unless it benefits them.
Very simply put but so spot on. So sad.

So little from LE. and no reward yet.

They must have cell info, or at least some of it.
All these dealers have more than one phone too.

The killing must have been close by as I can't see someone riding around town with 2 dead bodies one of which being in the front seat.
LE is working behind the scenes to investigate this crime and hopefully, they’re getting closer to an arrest. At what point would a reward be offered for more information that leads to the arrest of those involved/responsible? Someone obviously knows who is involved, but fearing for their safety/loyalty, chose not to report anything to LE, even anonymously. LE would have knowledge of known cartel/criminals/gangs, maybe this is a cartel/gang from another state etc.? Or is this something bigger/more dangerous than what they were expecting this it to be? I don’t know what to think, but I really hope an arrest is made soon.

That's an interesting line about a clear message to snitches and the truth will come out.
Yeppers-- the old saying
"Snitches get stiches and End up in Ditches"

YIKES

I dont believe it is higher up mexican or any other cartel..
it was Local thugs who did this horrific act... IMO
Not only to a guy and woman but a woman who was carrying a baby,
A full term baby, ready to be born the next morning.
Evil Monsters

Last edited:
Colinas was. That was one reason there was also the drama. The place was so run down. They changed the name from Seven Oaks to Colinas last year. I read the new owner wasn't going to accept new Sec 8 vouchers. However, this all happened last year. So, it isn't old news.

That place was always in the news!
Check out the pictures!

Valencia Lofts is not Section 8.
It's still in the news -- problems at the property are cited for a new inspection program adopted by the city in April 2023 resulting in lawsuits against the city by other property owners!

Very true. Thank You for pointing that out. If just MG went missing, then found dead, it wouldn't generate much interest. (or probably much sympathy from many) Perps did make a BIG mistake, the attention and the extra Capital charges now. Everyone cared when they heard that SS was going to have an induced labor, so pregnant, goes missing and the outrage when they're found. Christmas time, a pregnant woman and a baby-- perps made a BIG mistake.
So true. <modsnip: off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
Quoting from the article:
In an attempt to calm the situation between the teens, Soto’s mother met up with Rivas to pay for the stolen cartridges, an interaction Rivas has denied, according to the TV station.

Rivas then reached out to an underage girl on Instagram and asked for her to set up a drug deal with Soto and “stated several times that he was looking for the person who robbed him and was going to ‘catch’ him when he saw him,” the affidavit stated.

The girl and Soto arranged to meet up for a drug deal involving the stolen cartridges before Soto was ambushed by Rivas, the outlet said.

Soto was shot multiple times and was rushed to a hospital where he later died.

——————————————————————————-

This Rivas kid was either not very bright or WANTED to get caught.

My heart goes out to the Sotos mother :(
I wonder if the young girl involved is facing any charges
Theory floating and I'm leaning that way is that car and truck met so that big guy could verify that they were dead, job completed
Exactly my thoughts 100! And I also believe big guy was handed a bag from theKia's driver.

I wonder if the young girl involved is facing any charges
Reportedly, police were calling her an accomplice. Another minor, IMO, she's likely been offered a deal to help prosecute Rivas. I've not read of another arrest other than Rivas.

9/12/22

Detectives believe that Rivas got the girl to lure Soto away from his house, waited for him to leave, and then shot the 15-year-old.

It’s unclear what charges the other teen will face though police are calling her an accomplice.

Thanks I agree. I do think this was odd like perhaps they didn’t have a plan as to where they were planning to abandon the car. Strange to wipe down car and then continue to drive. Only to abandon in same complex. I assume it was wiped down again before left. I do think the murder weapon was exchanged during the video clip.
This doesn’t seem organized-although the truck driver doesn’t seemed fazed.

I think the driver parked the Kia shortly after the video and left on foot. May even live nearby or have friends nearby.
I am not seeing this as a pre-planned, well organized murder. It may have been something that just set someone off and they had no real plan for disposal. If it indeed a female that is driving the Kia with deceased victims then I can’t help but think this may have been some sort of jealous revenge. The timing of this murder right before giving birth seems very personal.
I agree. That was my first instinct when I first heard about this. I immediately thought a woman had something to do with this. Possibly thinking SS took her boyfriend away and now in a immature and psychotic way hating them so much they could not stand to see them become a family. I can see how they would call it "perplexing" because it definitely is. I don't see a gang or cartel connection because it's really not the various standard mode of operation. I just don't know, but what I do know is that whoever did this, once caught will serve life in prison or the death penalty if available in Texas, and I would guess it is being Texas. In addition killing an unborn child in Texas, well you know how that will go over. It is so very sad, senseless and heartbreaking.

I emailed San Antonio Express News inquiring if they made a mistake with a “shotgun” being the weapon. We can finally put it to bed; GUNSHOT, not SHOTGUN.
Potatoes, potahtoes... *eyeroll*
</end sarcasm>

(And that wasn't directed at you, @MassGuy. Thank you for questioning that and getting an answer for us!) :)

It’s wild to me that the car was supposedly in the apartment complex lot for “three or four days” with the bodies in the front and back seats (so not even concealed in the trunk) but no one said anything until the 26th? I know residents may have been gone due to the holiday but is this apartment not well occupied to begin with? Was the car rather hidden? Just kind of bizarre…and makes me think it possibly wasn’t actually there for that many days. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member