Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post, response was removed>

Wait…does she have insider info or just boldly stating that as fact? I mean given the circumstances and what we know of MG it’s definitely logical to assume there was a deal that happened. But us regular old armchair detectives don’t know this to be what 100% happened…? Am I missing something?
The police said that their bodies were put in the car after the fact. People keep missing that somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really. I really don't quite "get" the first article. But it was in my news feed.

There really isn't any new info on the investigation.

I can't remember if this was posted on WS previously:

SAN ANTONIO — The family of Savanah Soto says they are upset about social media comments about Savanah and Matthew. They are also asking the public to quit playing detective, and let police do their job, so they can get justice.

The family says move of the comments they are seeing on social media are hurtful, and they want it to stop. They also say people are sharing a lot of misinformation into the investigation.

Do you have a link for this?

Where was it reported that LE said the bodies were place in the car after the killing???

Have a link to that information?

Yeah, I'm unaware of any police statement to that effect. Would appreciate a link.
Police Chief William McManus released few details at a Thursday conference, but he did confirm investigators believe Soto and Guerra were killed elsewhere and the car was dropped off afterward.

I'm interpreting that as killed somewhere else/placed in vehicle. Maybe he means killed in car elsewhere, car driven there, but I think they would've worded it differently

Last edited:
Do you have a link for this?

Where was it reported that LE said the bodies were place in the car after the killing???

Have a link to that information?

Yeah, I'm unaware of any police statement to that effect. Would appreciate a link.
Secondary link 'Persons of Interest' identified in murder of pregnant teen and her boyfriend

Surveillance video already showed what investigators believe happened after the young couple was killed elsewhere. Detectives believe Savanah and Matthew were already dead when the video was taken. Police think the two people seen in the footage wiped the car down to get rid of fingerprints before ditching it with Savanah and Matthew’s bodies inside.

Police Chief William McManus released few details at a Thursday conference, but he did confirm investigators believe Soto and Guerra were killed elsewhere and the car was dropped off afterward.

I'm interpreting that as killed somewhere else/placed in vehicle. Maybe he means killed in car elsewhere, car driven there, but I think they would've worded it differently
Sadly the reporters that are writing these articles have worded a lot of things that leave a lot of self interpretation.

Thanks for clarifying your thoughts. If you had a link to that information that would be a whole new twist.

JMO

At the time the chief gave that press conference, the biggest question was whether they were murdered where their car was found, or if they were murdered at another location and driven there. The video that was disseminated at that point, strongly indicated that the latter was the case.

For that reason, I believe he was addressing only that aspect of the case, and not if they were murdered inside or outside of the vehicle.

Personally, I strongly believe they were killed in the car.

At the time the chief gave that press conference, the biggest question was whether they were murdered where their car was found, or if they were murdered at another location and driven there. The video that was disseminated at that point, strongly indicated that the latter was the case.

For that reason, I believe he was addressing only that aspect of the case, and not if they were murdered inside or outside of the vehicle.

Personally, I strongly believe they were killed in the car.
I agree. They were killed inside the car at another location and driven to the complex to leave the car. It would not make sense to put their bodies in the car in plain view after they were deceased.
It would take less effort and risk to simply put them in the trunk.

I'm leaning on agreeing with you in that the victims were placed into their car after the violent events. That way the necessary clean-up of DNA and fingerprints in the victim's car was perhaps as light as we've seen. Either way, I hope mercy was shown to the expectant mother, so she wasn't long in suffering.6 When should we expect three autopsy reports? Not until trial?

SS had been involved with MG for 3 yrs. Her mother knows the couple. She didn't care for MG so much. SS respected their relationship and did not take MG to family gatherings. On a certain level, she was aware of their alleged illicit activities. In taking SSs mother's theory of a kidnapping scenario, isn't it doubtful they were kidnapped away from their apt and taken to the low-riding car they used? Although I admit it's possible and ever so slightly possible SS would willingly leave home without her purse and phone. Their phones were not recovered.

I suspect someone else, a participant, drove S&Ms car and followed the lead vehicle with the victims inside. Perhaps the dark colored truck wasn't involved until they met with the car at the Calinas Med Apts. Then, again it could have been involved all along. I can only speculate at this juncture.

Trying to picture SS climbing in and out of their low rider car. Maybe she could drop in, but she'd surely appreciate a hand climbing back out. <moo>
1704168872348.png

I suspect someone else, a participant, drove S&Ms car and followed the lead vehicle with the victims inside. Perhaps the dark colored truck wasn't involved until they met with the car at the Calinas Med Apts. Then, again it could have been involved all along. I can only speculate at this juncture.
SFSBM

After watching the video of the truck and KIA many times, I have concluded that neither the KIA or the dark colored pickup truck had their headlamps, taillamps on the entire time they are seen on the video provided by LE. Only the brake lights of the truck are seen on the video and were out when the driver exited the truck and the right blinker of the KIA is seen when entering the scene but turned off as the vehicle approaches the truck. I think this was done more out of habit by the driver while making a right turn around the corner, than as signal to the driver of the truck.

With the truck and KIA meeting at that location almost at the same time, one would think both vehicles coordinated to meet there prior to arrival. With out further video showing if both vehicles entered the complex at the same time and just took different routes to get to the same location or if the truck was perhaps there ahead of time but parked off frame is not known to us. But I do believe the truck was involved before arriving at the complex and was not just called in by the perp(s) in the KIA to meet at the apartment complex as a get away vehicle.

JMO

When should we expect three autopsy reports? Not until trial?
I think there are only two autopsy reports … I think the baby is included in SS autopsy, as baby was still in utero …. I can’t find anything to suggest a third report … ???

See page 16 here: (One for SS and one for MG)

sbm

This is what's gnawing at me too
Me three. Unless the perps were just that stupid, SS was there for a reason. Possible she was the primary target or the killer(s) had a grudge against her, but far more likely IMO they wanted something from MG and used SS as leverage to get it. Info, drugs, money (to steal or owed to them) etc. Possibly they hated him so much they wanted him to see his girlfriend and unborn baby killed. Or they’re so ruthless they killed SS while pregnant to send a brutal message to others in their network.

Knowing if SS was killed before or after MG and/or if her death was quick or tortuous would help clarify motive.

MOO

Only the brake lights of the truck are seen on the video
Do you think the top right tail light of the Chevy Silverado is faulty???
The top bulb for the brake light does not appear to be working in unison to the left … IMO

Edit to add

Just thought it may be an identifying factor?? I haven’t seen any one mention it …. and a legitimate reason for Police to pull it over if recognised on the road?? IMO

Last edited:
Trying to picture SS climbing in and out of their low rider car. Maybe she could drop in, but she'd surely appreciate a hand climbing back out. <moo>
View attachment 471520
A Kia Optima is a normal passenger sedan. It is not a “low rider.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members