Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s just weird to carry out an execution style slaying (shot in the back of their heads), as opposed to the way these things usually occur (a hail of gunfire).

BUT, it also doesn’t make a lot of sense for the car to have been driven there with a dead body in the front seat.

This is a weird one.
Hail of bullets would attract attention. Execution style means you came there set on killing

News4 link on Savannah Missing FB page has many details including MG dad broke into the apartment on Saturday and found SS's packed hospital bag, purse, a burning candle, and signs they left abruptly. Dad asked if LE could ping their phones and LE refused as the couple were adults and no sign they were not missing voluntarily.

I wonder if they stole Guerra's phone?
That's what I would have done.
Seeing that he needed his phone for "work", it would make sense to steal it as it could be traced to the killers.

I can see leaving a candle on. They were a 10 minute drive away.

This is kind of Cartel-Soft.

We have only heard of the Matthew Guerra and Ethan Soto being involved in dealing with THC vapes. These two family groups, Guerra and Soto, seem to have been comfortable with the dealing of these vapes as a cash business. No mention or criminal records mention harder cartel stuff like meth, cocaine, fentanyl, heroin, even ketamine or C2.
THC vapes are legal in many of states where marijuana products are legal, although there can be local rules on their sales ( no minors, etc). So it's not really in the major cartel stream.

MG and SS were photographed with him holding a large number of bills, that look like 20"s. Maybe hundreds of them, so there was certainly a decent amount of tax-free income coming into the economies of these folks.

So I don't think they were on major cartel radar at this point. SS's 15 year old brother was killed last year for stealing a few THC vapes from a dealer. Not like he stole kilos of coke or meth.

they could've been fake - a lot of these wannabe gangstas 'flash' fake bills

I wonder if they stole Guerra's phone?
That's what I would have done.
Seeing that he needed his phone for "work", it would make sense to steal it as it could be traced to the killers.

I can see leaving a candle on. They were a 10 minute drive away.
Someone could steal the phone to conceal their identity, but they can't steal the phone companies records. All calls, texts, placed and received plus more can be retrieved by the cellular phone provider through subpoenas and court orders.

Here is one of many sites that list some of the information that is available and how to obtain it: How to Subpoena Cell Phone Records

Someone could steal the phone to conceal their identity, but they can't steal the phone companies records. All calls, texts, placed and received plus more can be retrieved by the cellular phone provider through subpoenas and court orders.

Here is one of many sites that list some of the information that is available and how to obtain it: How to Subpoena Cell Phone Records
Yup. We’ve followed many cases on here where the phone is long gone, but thanks to phone records (calls, location data, etc), that phone still has one hell of a story to tell. Hopefully they receive them quickly, as they can also lead to further evidence that is time sensitive, like surveillance video.

It’s just weird to carry out an execution style slaying (shot in the back of their heads), as opposed to the way these things usually occur (a hail of gunfire).

BUT, it also doesn’t make a lot of sense for the car to have been driven there with a dead body in the front seat.

This is a weird one.
I’m having trouble picturing this also. Maybe it was too difficult to fit pregnant Savanah anywhere but the front seat. But why not just kill them somewhere where you could leave their bodies? And at the same time, a car seems like an awkward place to carry out an execution-style killing.

News4 link on Savannah Missing FB page has many details including MG dad broke into the apartment on Saturday and found SS's packed hospital bag, purse, a burning candle, and signs they left abruptly. Dad asked if LE could ping their phones and LE refused as the couple were adults and no sign they were not missing voluntarily.

but that doesn't say she left her phone at the apt does it? cause that's what is being commented here

I wonder why the person that gave the anonymous tip wouldn’t have just contacted the police and let them take it from there?
If it was someone in a similar line of work as the BF then maybe they don't deal with police at all. Some people not in an illegal line of work just don't/won't deal with police even for a tip like this. For many reasons.

I’m having trouble picturing this also. Maybe it was too difficult to fit pregnant Savanah anywhere but the front seat. But why not just kill them somewhere where you could leave their bodies? And at the same time, a car seems like an awkward place to carry out an execution-style killing.
They did in Goodfellas. (Goodfellas is based on a true story) The mafia frequently does it this way

Perhaps they will have the bf phone records soon so they can see if he was communicating with anyone just prior to her not being heard from again. Maybe he was going to meet someone for a deal of some sort or maybe someone encountered them near her apartment.

I am curious if they already had a car seat prior to this. I would assume so if she was set to be induced, but a thought that came to mind is someone "giving away or gifting" a car seat and it was somehow a set up. Maybe they went to meet up to get baby items and it was either someone related to her brothers murder or someone related to her bf's dealings. We've also seen a few cases where people want to take the baby when women are full term.

At San Antonio news channel Kens5 & Kens5.com, the police chief gestures with his hand to the detective in the blue shirt at time frame 52:50 on their video simulating putting a gun to his head, cocking the gun and pulling the trigger. IMO this tells me it was a murder/suicide. It's the first video (Most Popular) on the page titled Update on missing pregnant woman and boyfriend

Last edited:
The front windshield window doesn't look cracked or damaged. I notice that, but don't know what kind of bullets were used or much about trajectory. My thoughts are if Savanah was shot from behind to the back of her head and sitting in the front seat would the bullet exit the body and hit the windshield. It's possible they were shot elsewhere, but it seems likely she was sitting in that passenger seat when shot. It's terrible. She was suppose to be having her baby.

1703745507646.png

The front windshield window doesn't look cracked or damaged. I notice that, but don't know what kind of bullets were used or much about trajectory. My thoughts are if Savanah was shot from behind to the back of her head and sitting in the front seat would the bullet exit the body and hit the windshield. It's possible they were shot elsewhere, but it seems likely she was sitting in that passenger seat when shot. It's terrible. She was suppose to be having her baby.

View attachment 470568
It would depend on the weapon and type of round, but either way, it's possible a bullet fired from the backseat into her head would not exit, so that aspect doesn't bother me as much as the gunshot wound to MG. If a gunman did shoot Savanah from the back seat, then you'd expect a gunshot wound to the side of the head for him.

That's why I'm not a huge fan of the theory that they were executed within that vehicle.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed by poster>
Maybe one of the neighbours called police about the argument, where she was reportedly yelling Help---and he pushed her back in the house ?

Maybe her family was told about that argument and they called for a welfare check, because he had assaulted her the previous December?

Last edited by a moderator:
...the detective in the blue shirt at time frame 52:50 on their video simulating putting a gun to his head, cocking the gun and pulling the trigger. IMO this tells me it was a murder/suicide....
I saw that. An odd gesture to make leaving me struggling to think it doesn't mean murder/suicide because I don't think that's what happened. MOO though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine