Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At San Antonio news channel Kens5 & Kens5.com, the police chief gestures with his hand to the detective in the blue shirt at time frame 52:50 on their video simulating putting a gun to his head, cocking the gun and pulling the trigger. IMO this tells me it was a murder/suicide. It's the first video (Most Popular) on the page titled Update on missing pregnant woman and boyfriend

Direct link to the video: https://fb.watch/pcWXgKb_6X/

captain-finger-guns.jpg

And screencap. There is no audio, he is not demonstrating for the camera. IMO it's more likely that he was confirming or saying that the victims were shot at close range.

I saw that. An odd gesture to make leaving me struggling to think it doesn't mean murder/suicide because I don't think that's what happened. MOO though.
I read it merely means apparent shooting. (Maybe there was too much background noise to tell his coworkers.
McManus wouldn't make that kind of gesture regarding suicide. He's one of those real straight-laced types.

If it was a murder/suicide then where is the gun he used to kill himself?

I haven't heard mention of whether a gun was or wasn't found at the scene. Also, family members got to the scene before the police arrived. Crime scenes have been staged in the past to make a suicide look like a murder, or vice versa. Being that the vehicle had been there four days before someone called a family member, anything could have happened in between. JMO.

Maybe one of the neighbours called police about the argument, where she was reportedly yelling Help---and he pushed her back in the house ?

Maybe her family was told about that argument and they called for a welfare check, because he had assaulted her the previous December?
IIRC she was a week overdue and was scheduled to have an induced labor the day after she disappeared. Her mother was supposed to be there. The welfare check was initiated when she didn't show up and couldn't be contacted.

I haven't heard mention of whether a gun was or wasn't found at the scene. Also, family members got to the scene before the police arrived. Crime scenes have been staged in the past to make a suicide look like a murder, or vice versa. Being that the vehicle had been there four days before someone called a family member, anything could have happened in between. JMO.
News 4 SA said "Guerra's gun was not in his vehicle"

Earlier this evening I reported that sources told me no gun was found in the car where Savanah Soto and Matthew Guerra were found on Tuesday, and neither was Guerra’s cellphone. Guerra’s body was found in the backseat, per sources and hers in the front passenger’s seat. 1/

Pretty rotten that Leon Valley Police wouldn't do anything even when they try to persuade them due to Fabian missed being born.

Last edited:
If they left their home voluntarily, wouldn't they both take their phones with them? Even if they were on some shady business?
Perps could have stolen his phone. No mention about her phone.

Was there a sign of a struggle at their apartment? There should have cameras at their apartment. I know it's gated and all.

They don't have cameras where they were found.

News 4 SA said "Guerra's gun was not in his vehicle"
If the perps wanted to throw the investigation off, you'd think, they knowing about Guerra's criminal & abuse charges, that they'd leave a gun in his dead hands so it would more like an actual murder/suicide. Kill him, but pin his own murder on him. Depending on where he was shot, of course, because back of head would be questionable that he pulled that off as a suicide.

All my own thoughts here, and thanks for letting me get them off my mind here. I think there were two perps, and maybe another as a ride after the deed. The missing phone probably had some valuable contact info, but the perps taking it made it harder for the bodies to be found for days, so I wonder what their reasoning was taking his phone. Her not having her purse screams abduction. JMO here

If the perps wanted to throw the investigation off, you'd think, they knowing about Guerra's criminal & abuse charges, that they'd leave a gun in his dead hands so it would more like an actual murder/suicide. Kill him, but pin his own murder on him. Depending on where he was shot, of course, because back of head would be questionable that he pulled that off as a suicide.

All my own thoughts here, and thanks for letting me get them off my mind here. I think there were two perps, and maybe another as a ride after the deed. The missing phone probably had some valuable contact info, but the perps taking it made it harder for the bodies to be found for days, so I wonder what their reasoning was taking his phone. Her not having her purse screams abduction. JMO here
They lived in a gated apartment and I'm pretty sure it has cameras. It's gated 24/7. (It's not one of those that are only closed at night)

The fact that they didn't try to stage it like a murder/suicide makes me think it could be cartel or gang oriented---they WANTED people to know who they were and what this was about. JMO

Perps could have stolen his phone. No mention about her phone.

Was there a sign of a struggle at their apartment? There should have cameras at their apartment. I know it's gated and all.

They don't have cameras where they were found.
A mention of her phone:

"Cordova said she went to her daughter’s home on Saturday afternoon after being unable to reach the teen but no one answered the door. Soto’s phone had been turned off, Cordova told KENS, so she decided to look for her at the hospital, but she wasn’t there either."

His father states that he too tried to report them missing the day later (Saturday, day of the hospital appointment). He broke into their apartment to check for them.

"Once it was, like, the 2:30 p.m. mark, we started panicking," Gabriel and Raquel Guerra, Matthew Guerra's father and step mother recalled as they tried to get in touch with the expectant parents the day Soto was set to be induced. "I started calling. I'm calling, racing home, racing over there, calling police."
Guerra said he kicked in the door when he didn't get a response, fearing the worst would be on the other side.
Instead, he said he found an undisturbed apartment, but saw a lit candle, and Soto's diaper bag which she intended on bringing to her appointment to be induced Saturday.

More at:

There is a vigil planned. Rachel is Savanah's grandmother:
Rachel is working with Pamela Allen and Eagle's Flight to put together a vigil for Savanah and her unborn child. It will take place at Kenwood Park Thursday afternoon at 4:00.
About the memorial for her brother in the park:
“I know eventually we'll be adding something else there. She had seven brothers, and she was the only girl. She was the only girl. She was everything. She was everything,” Rachel said.

A mention of her phone:

"Cordova said she went to her daughter’s home on Saturday afternoon after being unable to reach the teen but no one answered the door. Soto’s phone had been turned off, Cordova told KENS, so she decided to look for her at the hospital, but she wasn’t there either."
Yes, her phone was off. But I don't think her mom found it.

Does anyone know where telegram was mentioned? I asked a friend about telegram and their opinion was that most "sellers" there are actually scammers that take your money and have no product. Adds another motive. Could be he owed someone higher up money. Unfortunately it's a dangerous line of work and most involved don't live a long healthy life.

Does anyone know where telegram was mentioned? I asked a friend about telegram and their opinion was that most "sellers" there are actually scammers that take your money and have no product. Adds another motive. Could be he owed someone higher up money. Unfortunately it's a dangerous line of work and most involved don't live a
It was on his Instagram page

Common theme. I have a very close family member that is an attorney and often they find that the local community knows exactly who did it but are afraid to talk. Who could blame them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298