MISTRIAL TX - Scarlette Olivia Newsom, 2, beaten to death, Dean, 17 Oct 2018 *mom & bf charged*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Friday, August 26th:
*Trial begins (Day 3) (@ 9am CT) – TX – Scarlette Olivia Newsom (2) (Oct. 17, 2018, Dean; taken off life support after 5 days) – for *Joshua Thomas Fulbright (23/now 26) “BF” arrested & charged (10/17/18), indicted (12/18/18) & arraigned (1/22/19) with 1st degree felony count of injury to a child resulting in serious bodily injury. Indicted (1/13/22) on murder. $250K bond. Bond reduced (12/23/19) to $50K. Out on bond on 12/23/19. Posted $50K bond (1/13/22) with GPS monitor & having no contact with Newsom.
Jury trial was set begin on 12/6/19 with jury selection, but were unable to find 12 jurors. Trial was set to begin on 3/25/20-cancelled due to COVID is continued on 8/22/22 for Jury selection. Will be tried in Montague County.
Court info from 12/2/19 thru 2/22/22 & Jury selection Day 1-3 (8/17-8/23/22) & Trial Day 1 (8/24/22) reference post #80 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...livia-newsom-2-dean-17-oct-2018.396570/page-4

8/25/22 Thursday, Trial Day 2: State witnesses: No info available.
Trial continues on 8/26/22.

*Sarah Elizabeth Newsom (23/now 26) “mom” - Announcement hearing on 3/21/22.

I just can't with this woman! She has admitted to abusing the little girl herself. She has admitted that she lied to the medical staff when the child was brought to the hospital. She has admitted to lying to the authorities and the hospital staff in order to protect her fiancee and herself too!

How? How can anyone do these things to an innocent toddler? But HOW can a mother witness some random guy abuse her own flesh and blood?

I'm just hearing from the news link on the previous page that this pair didn't even go to the Children's Hospital where Scarlette Olivia Newsom was care flighted for her fatal injuries. Who does that? The female cared more for the boyfriend then her baby. Broke me when the news reporter said the child's mother never saw her again after taking her to the rural hospital, Clay County Memorial Hospital in Henrietta, Texas.
On that note, why would they drive to any hospital instead of dialing 911 and having an ambulance begin triaging and reporting to the hospital what condition the baby was in?
I think these two took her to the rural hospital in the ridiculous thought that the staff wouldn't recognize how much abuse had been inflicted upon her little body.

Wichita Falls, Texas is probably close to the same distance, if not closer, and they are a Level II trauma center.

I'm almost done but if that jury really believes the testimony SN gave under oath about fearing her boyfriend would harm her, as to why she didn't stop him, report him or tell the truth about how abusive he was, nevermind they won't believe that bull. Hopefully the jurors were told that the two stayed together in a relationship and had another baby after they killed this one.
Not sure if her testimony will be any help for her when her
Injury to a child trial comes on the docket.

Monday, August 29th:
*Trial begins (Day 4) (@ 9am CT) – TX – Scarlette Olivia Newsom (2) (Oct. 17, 2018, Dean; taken off life support after 5 days) – for *Joshua Thomas Fulbright (23/now 26) “BF” arrested & charged (10/17/18), indicted (12/18/18) & arraigned (1/22/19) with 1st degree felony count of injury to a child resulting in serious bodily injury. Indicted (1/13/22) on murder. $250K bond. Bond reduced (12/23/19) to $50K. Out on bond on 12/23/19. Posted $50K bond (1/13/22) with GPS monitor & having no contact with Newsom.
Jury trial was set begin on 12/6/19 with jury selection, but were unable to find 12 jurors. Trial was set to begin on 3/25/20-cancelled due to COVID is continued on 8/22/22 for Jury selection. Will be tried in Montague County.
Court info from 12/2/19 thru 2/22/22 & Jury selection Day 1-3 (8/17-8/23/22) & Trial Day 1 (8/24/22) reference post #80 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...livia-newsom-2-dean-17-oct-2018.396570/page-4

8/25/22 Thursday, Trial Day 2: State witnesses: No info available.
Trial continues on 8/26/22.

8/26/22 Friday, Trial Day 3: No info available. Trial continues on Monday, 8/29/22.

*Sarah Elizabeth Newsom (23/now 26) “mom” - Announcement hearing on 3/21/22.

Mark Houston Barber the Defense Attorney for Joshua Fulbright has a very checkered past with multiple arrests in the North Texas area.

I will post links to the MSM's news reports.

I don't understand how the person is still allowed to practice law TBH.

At issue in Love's appeal is a conflict of interest matter that arose with defense attorney Mark Barber and then Brotherton, who presided over the murder trial, disqualifying Barber as Love's attorney at the prosecution's request, according to court records.

The last murder trial Mark Barber was a defense attorney for Justin Love was overturned on appeal and the accused murderer was released from TDCJ and allowed to run smoke and break every bond condition set. Justin Love was re-tried and found guilty again.

The latest arrest was in Archer County Texas and no inmate roster is available for a mugshot.

Some of the articles you all posted I can not access - is there a court hearing date in any of them - ?

TIA if you can help! :)

@#JUSTICE4WILDER - any updated news on Fulbright's - maybe - next court date? I have been able to go into the Clay County court site, but just this month they changed the way it works. I can no longer see individual cases.

TIA!

@#JUSTICE4WILDER - any updated news on Fulbright's - maybe - next court date? I have been able to go into the Clay County court site, but just this month they changed the way it works. I can no longer see individual cases.

TIA!
I haven't seen anything yet. There's no telling how long it will take to get a new court date and proceed with the trial! I will keep my eyes open and update here when I can. Rest in peace precious Olivia

I haven't seen anything yet. There's no telling how long it will take to get a new court date and proceed with the trial! I will keep my eyes open and update here when I can. Rest in peace precious Olivia

Thank you - for helping me with this case. Hoping it will NOT be too long before the next trial to start - wondering - will he keep his DWI attorney??

I'm not certain that attorney is going to be practicing after this latest arrest.
@Niner I meant to say that there are no thanks needed.

You all know what tears me up from the inside of my heart ? Thinking about the new start of school year. IIRC
Scarlette Olivia Newsom would have been a kindergartner this year

@#JUSTICE4WILDER - just wondering if there is any movement on either one - Fulbright or Newsome for this case?

TIA!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Queen of the Winter Night
Back