TX - Shanna, 36, & Diederik Vandewege, 3 mos, slain, Fort Worth, 15 Dec 2016 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Omg..........may the sweet baby and his mother rest in peace!

I'll be the odd duck here and say it.....there might be a strong possibility that the husband had a role in it, JMO

I can understand naming a spokesperson to relay info to the media is first choice ( it would be for me if I was in this situation) but the spouse could be in shock and getting a lawyer can help with all the overwhelming things they had to deal with.

There is a lot we don't know. Experiencing several miscarriages and then finally having a healthy baby could mess with someone's mind in regards to fear of questioning if the new baby will be ok.

Was the spouse overwhelmed in their life and want out? Affair? Suicidal?

Praying for swift justice!!

Good point, al66pine.

'Overshadowing' doesn't make sense in context, unless it was a Freudian slip. ')

Assuming the paralegal meant to say 'overseeing'.

Hopefully, CV has made contact with LE again or Detective Barron has been successful in setting up the appointment through Attorney Barrow's office.

leaving the second interview on monday to retain a lawyer says to me LEs line of questioning may have been accusatory, no? it would seem to me that if CV did do this he would have retained a criminal lawyer, not one who practices family law. anyone have any theories on that?

re firm's founder & type of practice: She is "active member" of crim def bar assn of state & 2 counties.*

http://barrowsfirm.com/our-forms/ has pdf "Criminal Intake Information Sheet" (also a specific form for DWI) for prospective client to complete before in person apptmt, so seems crim-def work is fairly routine for the firm. JM2cts.

{a bit O/T, ETA: interesting to note, "Criminal Intake Information Sheet" is one page, asking for client contact info & ~10 questions. The DWI form is 13 pages, w 69 questions.}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
* "Attorney Leslie Barrows has been interested in the criminal justice system since the start of college. After a few years working through many different legal disciplines, she found that family law, criminal defense and juvenile law were the best fit for her."
"While Barrows’ activity in juvenile law is significant, her passion for criminal defense work is undeniable. Attorney Leslie Barrows is an active member of the Tarrant County Criminal Defense Bar Association, the Denton County Criminal Defense Bar Association and the Texas Criminal Defense Bar Association."

^bbm & more at http://barrowsfirm.com/attorney-leslie-barrows/

If you are innocent. But truly understand how innocent people could be charged and found guilty due to a lack of a alibi.

Then you may hush up and contact a lawyer as well. Jmo

Because any hubby having an affair with no verified alibi during the time of the murder; Will be found guilty. Jmo.

So I can't blame him for now unless finding out that he was hiding evidence of the murder.

Now of course their blood would be on him if he held them before calling LE. But this doesn't mean that he killed them. Jmo

So maybe he is just smart enough to know that LE was trying to trap him since he possibly didn't have a verifiable alibi. Jmo. But idk

Just read from the beginning. :( What a brutal act against this momma and baby.

As for lawyering up and/or not cooperating with LE, it actually does make sense. If he's innocent and had the distinct impression LE didn't believe him - that's the best way to protect himself. If his lawyer has advised him not to answer any further questions, well, most folks do what their lawyer advises them to do, despite how it may look to the public.

Questions I have:

1. CV said the house was in disarray, but did not mention anything about seeing any type of point of entry. Could the perpetrator have a key to the house? Or could SV have let the perpetrator in?

2. Does anyone know what area/ward of the hospital SV worked in?

3. MIL mentioned on FB that DV stopped breathing and was moved to ICU in different hospital but mentioned being concerned that SV had been released so soon after "what she'd been through". Does anyone know what she is referring to? Had this been a complicated pregnancy and or did SV have a health event during or post L&D?

More to follow as this case continues, I'm sure.

Funeral services for SV & DV, Tuesday 12/27 in Walsh, Co. with interment also in Walsh, Co. May this sweet new mommy and her baby boy rest in peace. Just heartbreaking.

For sure, the fact that CV retained an attorney doesn't mean that he's guilty.

If he's innocent and wants justice for his wife and newborn, his reason for retaining an attorney would be to protect his rights -- to have legal guidance in his cooperation with LE so the investigation can move forward, IMO. There's a vicious killer on the loose who stole the lives of those most precious to him.

If he instead (directly or through his attorney) takes the position of stonewalling or not talking to LE even with the attorney present....... then, personally, I'll view him as likely to be guilty of more than an affair or something else that looks bad and reflects poorly on his character.

Our neighborhood police officer stated that this is being treated as an isolated incident on the Next Door app.

Just answering since I'm here. Yes, there is a Costco located in Grapevine, which is where we used to go. There's also one further away, in Arlington.

There is also a Costco in Southwest Fort Worth. The area where Mr. Vandewege most likely works is the new Costco in Far North Fort Worth. It would be a 20-30 minute drive to Southwest Fort Worth.

Do we know what job title at Costco Mr. Vandewege holds?

FYI. Local Fox News led with the story. They reported that Ft Worth police took more evidence today including the back door and several paper bags including one that appeared to be a pillow. They also reported that SV's dad did not think that CV was involved.

FYI. Local Fox News led with the story. They reported that Ft Worth police took more evidence today including the back door and several paper bags including one that appeared to be a pillow. They also reported that SV's dad did not think that CV was involved.
LINK:
http://www.fox4news.com/news/224869385-story
UPDATED:DEC 21 2016 08:29PM CST
[…]Shanna’s father told FOX 4 that police questioned Craig for much of the night before releasing him. However, police have not yet filed any charges.
[…] One of the things collected from the home was the back door. Investigators said they had to forcefully enter the home to serve the warrant.

One of the things collected from the home was the back door. Investigators said they had to forcefully enter the home to serve the warrant.

Though Craig’s truck was parked in the driveway Wednesday afternoon, he was not there. Family members say he is in Colorado.

Investigators say they are still waiting for the husband to answer their questions.

Ashleigh Banfield briefly talked about this case on Primetime Justice tonight. She talked to one of Shanna's friends. The transcript should be available later tonight or tomorrow morning.

One of the things collected from the home was the back door. Investigators said they had to forcefully enter the home to serve the warrant.

Though Craig’s truck was parked in the driveway Wednesday afternoon, he was not there. Family members say he is in Colorado.

Hmmm...

Investigators say they are still waiting for the husband to answer their questions.

Hmmm....

Ashleigh Banfield briefly talked about this case on Primetime Justice tonight. She talked to one of Shanna's friends. The transcript should be available later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Terrific. Thanks for this info ^.
When it's avail, hope someone will bring a transcript link to this thread.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen
Back