Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This all reminds me of Semaj Crosby in Joliet, Illinois (outside of Chicago.) she went “missing” during a party and they found her body later hidden in the sofa. It still haunts me. DCFS had also been to the home before she went missing, as now reported here.

After some thinking I believe the fathers story is completely false.
No way do you put your child outside, even moreso outside your property line as punishment in the middle of the night. Nope! No way! What if she screams, what if she cries? The neighbors will here and you'll be all over NextDoor and most likely have a nice wake up call from CPS.
The fact he offered this story up is telling. The girl is not going to be found alive. He knows this.
Punishment most likely taken too far and happened inside the home.
The chance of this being an accident is very unlikely, in my opinion, given that the story given still highlights neglect and guilt.
Only way I can see that one or both parents did not do this is if the other child or another relative in the home did and they are covering.
All this my opinion of course.

Sadly, I think we have seen cases where parents have put their children outside for punishment. It's pretty disgusting. It may not be what happened here or on this night. But it wouldn't surprise me if this was a punishment he has used in the past.

(ETA - Yes, just googled and see quite a few news stories about times this has happened. It makes you wonder how often it happens without someone calling it in or finding it out. Sickening.)

IMO if the "didn't drink her milk" is actually a factor in this, it was an ongoing punishment from dinner or bedtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're probably right about that. It more than likely escalated from there and ended in a much more horrifying manner.

What is both sad and odd to me is the way police are behaving and treating the case. No one involved in this case rather it be the family or LE are acting like this is a missing toddler. If it were my baby out there missing I would be searching morning to night for her no questions. As for the police idk if it is simply they know more than they are saying rn or that they believe dads BS coyote story and feel they aren't gonna find much of anything and that's why they aren't searching idk you guys but something isn't right that's certain. Police are dropping the ball by not searching tho regardless because any evidence will soon be gone. It's so sad how many ppl truly failed this sweet little baby. First the ppl meant to protect her most her parents now the police.

What is both sad and odd to me is the way police are behaving and treating the case. No one involved in this case rather it be the family or LE are acting like this is a missing toddler. If it were my baby out there missing I would be searching morning to night for her no questions. As for the police idk if it is simply they know more than they are saying rn or that they believe dads BS coyote story and feel they aren't gonna find much of anything and that's why they aren't searching idk you guys but something isn't right that's certain. Police are dropping the ball by not searching tho regardless because any evidence will soon be gone. It's so sad how many ppl truly failed this sweet little baby. First the ppl meant to protect her most her parents now the police.

Calling the search off for it going dark can't be right. She is only 3 and if they thought there was a chance she had wandered or been took by coyotes they would carry on through the night surely. The do in other cases. They must have an idea what's gone on IMO.

Just saw Sherin's story on YAHOO front page news. So the more national media attention this gets, the more the PD will need to explain what the heck is going on. Drop the Amber Alert if you don't need the public to look.

Just saw Sherin's story on YAHOO front page news. So the more national media attention this gets, the more the PD will need to explain what the heck is going on. Drop the Amber Alert if you don't need the public to look.
I didn't think of that SCHMAE people will still be looking.

Are they wealthy, though? Their church apparently scrambled to come up with his bond.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

In what world does paying $25k to get him out of jail make more sense than offering a $25k reward for her return?

As in the neighbor saw a baby girl abandoned outside at 3am and took her into their home to care for her? No. You would have to believe his insane story of his punishment of a fully dressed baby girl and add to it the unbelievable coincidence that there is a crazy neighbor lady who was awake and took her. It doesn't happen like that.

Destiny Norton walked outside angry at 5 years old and was dead at the hands of her neighbor shortly after.
Weird stuff does happen. However it was dark in this situation... and there's a whole bunch of other stuff that makes it improbable.

Could this be something like the Arnav [FONT=&quot]Dhawan case? Arnav[/FONT] had some sort of medical emergency while the father was out of the country and the mother didn't call 911(maybe scared to without permission). The child ended up passing away and the father was the one to call 911 after he returned home, but it was way too late. That case ended in murder-suicide of the parents later, instead of one covering for the other though.

Could it be something similar though, where something happened while the father wasn't home(medical emergency, she wandered off, was taken, etc) and the mother was too scared to call for help without the fathers permission and he is covering for her now(either by getting rid of a body or just by making up a crazy story to keep the mother out of trouble)?

In that case I believe the Mom was trying to adhere to religious customs.
She wasn't waiting for permission she was waiting for him to perform the rituals required for the dead.

Also, this mom was a nurse who worked outside the home in 12 hour shifts.
Would she really be that controlled by her husband? I hope not...

How have I missed that the church has paid the bond. You are so right msfacetious that could have made a great reward and had people speaking up about any wrong doing that some may know about (if there is)

In what world does paying $25k to get him out of jail make more sense than offering a $25k reward for her return?

Hey, now! I'm on your side!

I do have to say that in many situations people only know what you show them and are often too darn quick to believe what they see. We all get fooled at some point, by people in all walks of life, including sometimes by people we work with, who teach our kids, and yes, who worship with us. They don't deserve any shame for trusting someone who seemed to be trustworthy.

Edits due to arthritic fingers + phone = [emoji16]

Might be wise to withhold judgment of LE (there are multiple agencies involved) since we don't know what they know, and that more complete knowledge is surely motivating their decisions each step of this case.

JMHO

This is not sounding good at all MOO:

MaryAnn Martinez‏ @maryanncbs11 15m15 minutes ago

#BREAKING: CPS had contact w Sherin Mathews' family before her disappearance. 4-year-old sister in foster care. @CBSDFW @HaggertyCBS11 #dfw

It will be really, really, really interesting to find out WHO called CPS, WHEN and WHY. Of course, LE knows all this and it's why no one is looking for this baby, IMHO. They're just waiting for WHAT?

I work with women in a law enforcement office(not LE ourselves) that are Indian and even working away from their husbands for 8+ hours a day they are very controlled by their husbands. They have to run to their cars and drive like crazy to get home by whatever time their husbands have deemed that they have to be home, they full on panic if there is any kind of hold up that keeps them in the office and even weather/traffic is not an excuse to not be home on time. I can think of only one woman that seems in a more Americanized relationship, but her husband is LE and works the same shift and they commute together so that may contribute to it. The dynamic is very strange to me. One of my Indian coworkers husbands calls at random times every single day to check and see if she is at her desk. If she is in the restroom or outside on break he calls back every few minutes until she is back in the office. Their culture is very strong, to say the least.

Destiny Norton walked outside angry at 5 years old and was dead at the hands of her neighbor shortly after.
Weird stuff does happen. However it was dark in this situation... and there's a whole bunch of other stuff that makes it improbable.

In that case I believe the Mom was trying to adhere to religious customs.
She wasn't waiting for permission she was waiting for him to perform the rituals required for the dead.

bbm. Is this something reported on or is it speculation? I don't remember, which is why I ask. I know lots of nurses who don't work 12 hour shifts, so I'm curious.

Has there been any indication regarding why the father didn't report her missing for 5 hours? I don't like the way this is all playing out. Every detail that comes out seems to make it look a little grimmer. I hope she is okay.

I work with women in a law enforcement office(not LE ourselves) that are Indian and even working away from their husbands for 8+ hours a day they are very controlled by their husbands. They have to run to their cars and drive like crazy to get home by whatever time their husbands have deemed that they have to be home, they full on panic if there is any kind of hold up that keeps them in the office and even weather/traffic is not an excuse to not be home on time. I can think of only one woman that seems in a more Americanized relationship, but her husband is LE and works the same shift and they commute together so that may contribute to it. The dynamic is very strange to me. One of my Indian coworkers husbands calls at random times every single day to check and see if she is at her desk. If she is in the restroom or outside on break he calls back every few minutes until she is back in the office. Their culture is very strong, to say the least.

:yuck: That sounds like a nightmare to me.

LE has to know more than whats been released, esp since they quit searching for a toddler.

I looked through the thread and didn’t find an answer. Has LE searched the house? I don’t understand the layout of the back of the house. Was there a fence or not? A few stories said the tree was “behind the fence”. I saw a picture of a police vehicle in the field by the RR tracks. There was a drainage-type structure in the top left of the picture near the tracks. Did a fence prevent her from walking off? I’m guessing that area was searched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV