Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
There was a prior news report when she first went missing where the teacher had commented underneath it. She said Sherin was a spirited child and she couldn't believe this happened. I believe she went to a daycare/child development centre.

I would think so, if it was enough. I do animal rescue and I wash a lot of stuff with unpleasant things on them. I realize urine has a different make up than blood. However, when I wash something a sick animal has pottied on, particularly with these newer washing machines, I feel like there's residue left in the drum and it needs to be put through a self clean cycle afterward.

In all likelihood they have a newer machine. I have done a lot of research on both the front loaders and top loaders that are sold now (and I can tell you that top loaders with the old agitators are difficult to get and have very limited models available). Here's what I know from research and experience on both types:

Front loaders often hold actual dirt, hair, lint, and other residue under the rubber lip of the door and it is VERY difficult to clean thoroughly. (For this reason, and the minimal amount of water used, allergists recommend not buying one and getting rid of them if you have one and have autoimmune issues or allergies.)

The new top loaders without the center agitators also use less water. In fact, if you do a YouTube search you will find all kinds of videos about clothes not getting clean or fully rinsed. There are ways around this because you can no longer manually set a load size in most. It goes by the weight of the clothes. So to get things fully cleaned and rinsed, many people are tossing in a bucket of water first to make the clothes heavier and trick the machine into using more water.

OK, so last thing about some of these top loaders is that even when you add more water, wash on heavy cycle with an extra rinse, your machine may still smell potent after washing something stinky, which leads me to believe that there IS residue left behind in the drum, or even perhaps between the drum and the outer case.

Blood does not smell so he would not notice such but if he's smart he would follow up with a self clean cycle. Still, I have done this before with messy laundry and STILL had to scrub it to get rid of trace smells.

I know this is all gross, but that's the special needs animal life, and I think it gives me some insight into what's really going on in our washing machines that others may not realize. This gives me hope that there could be evidence.

Sorry for the lengthy post and distasteful topic of nasty laundry.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is actually really helpful - not just to this case but to me personally. You've explained some frustrations I have with our front loader. Grrr....it's not a perfect machine by any means!

Sorry for going off tangent.

Yes, I hope there is residue that could show what soiled things he washed....though they also had a couple of days to do more loads of laundry in the meantime. Sigh.

jmopinion

I think there is a pretty large misconception (I mean in general, not you specifically) that support, counsel, forgiveness, etc...means stepping in and not allowing a person to be held accountable. And not protecting others from their actions. Because, by bailing him out, they did condone the actions he admitted to, and protected him from jail...rather than children he could come in contact with. When I was in my early twenties I was a youth intern at our Church of Christ. (It was VERY traditional, as most people in the south who've attended know!) A father in the church was put in jail for suspicion of molesting one of his daughters. Our pastor and some elders were there to counsel and support. They prayed with him, counseled with him, etc...all the stuff they do. But they decided, if he was molesting his child, him being in jail was the safest place for the community. They came to the conclusion that they should not protect him, but the children and people who could be harmed if he were out. IMO, most churches would not bail out someone who in their own admission...left his special needs toddler in the dark with wild animals and did not look for her . JMO.

ETA: I should add, that they encouraged him to be truthful and accept the consequences should there be any. That is how a church should behave, IMO. I have no way to know this, but I seriously doubt this church is telling him to tell the truth, since they've stop talking and the church is STILL supporting them.

I know nothing at all about this church (tried to locate it online and could not), however, there are fundamentalist sects that teach "spare the rod and spoil the child," to the extent that they are deeply suspicious of Child Protective Services and see them as evil folks seeking to usurp their Christian family values. Some churches even carry out such punishments in full view of the congregation. Again--I don't know that to be the case here--but such churches may tend toward responses that are protective of parents accused of abuse or neglect. They may even teach (look up Perls' child-rearing advice) that it is appropriate to put a obstinate child outside in the dark until they are willing to comply.

"Sherin's father, Wesley Mathews, who adopted Sherin last summer, was the last person to see her. He faces charges of child endangerment and has since bonded out. A friend of the family says Wesley and his wife were not in the home."

Same link as above....only last summer...wow

I was just trying to add that because of a prior comment (sorry I didn't include that link) made here that made me think it needed to be re-stated... I can't remember who said what.
And it made me think that adopting Sherin may have come from a place of obligation rather than love.

That quote was from an article that I posted way up-thread. If it is important, I can track it down....It was someone from the church talking.

Idk there are a couple IT guys at my work that are worthless. Just because someone is "in IT" doesn't make them an expert in technology, let alone forensic tech.
Yup. My husband. [emoji5]He would not be able to do a lot of those things.

What ever case I'm reading up on always discuss it with my hubby and we bounce around ideas. I said to him last night if I noticed at 3.30am I couldn't find my 3 year old the first thing I would do would be run upstairs to hubby shouting at the top of my lungs for him to help me look. Bearing in mind my 3 kids are not my hubs and he said be would shake me and shout me awake too. I would the knock on a neighbor to watch my remaining kids and phone the police while me a d hubby looked for the lost child.

I tried to share but no idea how to post link from Twitter using tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You hit the share button in Twitter, choose the copy link option, go back to tap a talk, and then paste it in the reply.

I know nothing at all about this church (tried to locate it online and could not), however, there are fundamentalist sects that teach "spare the rod and spoil the child," to the extent that they are deeply suspicious of Child Protective Services and see them as evil folks seeking to usurp their Christian family values. Some churches even carry out such punishments in full view of the congregation. Again--I don't know that to be the case here--but such churches may tend toward responses that are protective of parents accused of abuse or neglect. They may even teach (look up Perls' child-rearing advice) that it is appropriate to put a obstinate child outside in the dark until they are willing to comply.

Do you have the name of the denomination? I'd like to research it a bit.

The spare-the-rod thing is concerning me, and I want to look into it.

Thanks.

I was very curious about this as well. I read it a couple of times just to make sure I wasn't confused.

This was in response to the search at the neighbors house...

Well, Dad admits to child endangering with regard to Sherin. That should have been sufficient to remove the other child, even if only on an emergency basis to allow for a more thorough investigation. CPS has some leeway to protect kids in the short term, probably have to show cause before a judge in something like 24-48 hours. But again, there is Dad's admission. So any return would really have to include separating him from contact, at a minimum. But more likely working through some steps like supervised visitation, parenting classes, all to ensure that Mom was able to provide adequate protection from Dad.

"Sherin's father, Wesley Mathews, who adopted Sherin last summer, was the last person to see her. He faces charges of child endangerment and has since bonded out. A friend of the family says Wesley and his wife were not in the home."

Same link as above....only last summer...wow

Last summer two months ago or 14 months ago?

Exactly what I'd do and we have 10 kids... (not that I'd ever put kid outside at that time of the night, or EVER) but if my kid was missing from anywhere, I'd lose my dang mind, yell at the top of my lungs, wake up my husband..... and we'd be going door to door (since my yelling would have woken all the neighbors up anyway) and we'd have a huge search party then and there. I would not go back into my house without finding my kid!

In response to:
bleuboy
user-online.png

Join DateJan 2017Posts78​

What ever case I'm reading up on always discuss it with my hubby and we bounce around ideas. I said to him last night if I noticed at 3.30am I couldn't find my 3 year old the first thing I would do would be run upstairs to hubby shouting at the top of my lungs for him to help me look. Bearing in mind my 3 kids are not my hubs and he said be would shake me and shout me awake too. I would the knock on a neighbor to watch my remaining kids and phone the police while me a d hubby looked for the lost child.

I would think so, if it was enough. I do animal rescue and I wash a lot of stuff with unpleasant things on them. I realize urine has a different make up than blood. However, when I wash something a sick animal has pottied on, particularly with these newer washing machines, I feel like there's residue left in the drum and it needs to be put through a self clean cycle afterward.

In all likelihood they have a newer machine. I have done a lot of research on both the front loaders and top loaders that are sold now (and I can tell you that top loaders with the old agitators are difficult to get and have very limited models available). Here's what I know from research and experience on both types:

Front loaders often hold actual dirt, hair, lint, and other residue under the rubber lip of the door and it is VERY difficult to clean thoroughly. (For this reason, and the minimal amount of water used, allergists recommend not buying one and getting rid of them if you have one and have autoimmune issues or allergies.)

The new top loaders without the center agitators also use less water. In fact, if you do a YouTube search you will find all kinds of videos about clothes not getting clean or fully rinsed. There are ways around this because you can no longer manually set a load size in most. It goes by the weight of the clothes. So to get things fully cleaned and rinsed, many people are tossing in a bucket of water first to make the clothes heavier and trick the machine into using more water.

OK, so last thing about some of these top loaders is that even when you add more water, wash on heavy cycle with an extra rinse, your machine may still smell potent after washing something stinky, which leads me to believe that there IS residue left behind in the drum, or even perhaps between the drum and the outer case.

Blood does not smell so he would not notice such but if he's smart he would follow up with a self clean cycle. Still, I have done this before with messy laundry and STILL had to scrub it to get rid of trace smells.

I know this is all gross, but that's the special needs animal life, and I think it gives me some insight into what's really going on in our washing machines that others may not realize. This gives me hope that there could be evidence.

JMO
I understand what you're saying about the washing machines, as I've had all types!

That being said, as a medic, in a very small town, they didn't provide uniforms. Only t shirts. Everything else, we had to purchase, out of pocket.

Many times, I would have to use peroxide on my uniform, to get the blood out. (I spent the max on my uniforms, because of the biohazard exposure) With the right "formula", on the 511's that I purchased, no trace of blood was ever found. However, no doubt, in my laundry machine, the traces were there.

This is very compelling. Very sad. Very ill willed, because I honestly want all lives saved.....IF in fact, father or mother (my thoughts both) had anything to do with this babies disappearance, they should be hung!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

With my previous roommate, who has allergies, we had a Samsung front load washer that was allergy certified that had both an allergen cycle and a sanitize cycle(amazing for cleaning pet messes!) and it had a separate drain thing that collected water and gunk, from I think under the rubber gasket, that we had to clean out every few months, the tub clean cycle worked really well. I really miss that washer, lol. It was a higher end washer and was pretty pricey, but my roommate bought it specifically because of her allergies.

With my SO now, we have a budget friendly GE front load washer and I have to clean out from under the rubber gasket and it gets pretty nasty. When I run the tub clean cycle I usually only put bleach in it, there is enough leftover soap in there that it doesn't need any.

While I would do a load of laundry if I was awake at 3 am and could not sleep for some random reason, I would not be doing so if even my dog was missing. I would be busy doing everything I could to bring her back even at that hour.

Yes. If he'd put in a load of laundry right after he left her, then went back to check on her, then...maybe I could see that. But she's only three. I'm like you, I'd be all over the countryside screaming, and shouting her name, knocking on neighbor's doors, etc... not to mention calling 911.

As you said about your dog, I did pretty much that, when my dog went missing. I got in the truck in the middle of the night and searched ditch lines, fearing she'd been hit, drove a radius the farm, and all the side roads, calling her name, drove all over the farm thinking she'd been hurt and couldn't get home. I was freaking out. I went home to re-group, and heard her head butt the door. Utter relief (I really wished she could've talked). Soooo, doing laundry after finding that your child was missing is very odd. Thinking that your three year old could find their way home, in the dark, is also kind of odd. Unless, in both instances, he thought she was hiding (I have had that happen to me.)

Can you find the link to that?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
News of the child’s disappearance has been tough on the neighborhood, including on Mahbub Hossain, a father of three. Police and FBI combed through his house, searching for clues.

“They went through our garage. They went through the freezer, shed…” said Hossain.

He handed over surveillance video, but it didn’t capture anything.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/10/10/volunteers-search-missing/

I really want to believe that it is the case that she is just the traumatized parent right now but in that case, it would seem odd for her to stop talking to LE. If she really thought her child might be out there and could be saved and she had suspicions, wouldn't she talk? I just feel like her silence is key.

Emotional reactions are not always logical. It is possible that she does not believe Sherin is still alive but still responds protectively in terms of self and family.

She has good reason (given the removal of the bio child and whatever suspicions may be levelled at her) to get an attorney. And attorneys seem to always start off with "don't talk to anybody."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x