Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that in the lawyer's statement he spoke about Sherin in past tense "She had an eating disorder"

Interesting there is money to bail dad out of jail, but no reward for Sherins safe return.
Interesting dad chose to allow the bail money on himself rather than finding his daughter.
Interesting mom's lawyer is quoted as saying mom is requesting privacy and "in mourning". Mourning, not worried sick, not filled with fear, but mourning.

http://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...ian-dad-us-still-missing-mom-distraught-69888

It appears to me that mom and her attorney know Sherin isn't coming home safely.

Has LE verified the timeline?

I sure hope forensics took the washing machine to check for evidence.

You might be right. I'm just saying we don't have any data on how fast she's been growing. If she's not been growing fast enough, she could need supplements. Anyway, I don't think it's actually relevant to what happened.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There is a commercial on TV in the metroplex about a young boy that was on the low end of the chart, and his pedi said for him to drink a drink like ensure to get him up to a normal weight. I would think that would be about the same advice for this little girl. And I'm sure it was a supplement , but not waking a toddler at 3 am to drink it.

Did the parents know Sherin had any disables when they adopted her? Could that be a factor in her disappearance ?

If the mom is a nurse, maybe she tried to help Sherin and then Dad disposed of her. maybe that is why she is referring to mourning. She knows. And the police did take items from the house including the vehicles so I am pretty sure at this point that they have done their testing to see if body was in the vehicle alive or deceased.

I was alerted to this post from The Heights Child Development Centre by another sleuther. ( :tyou: )

https://www.facebook.com/theheightscdc/posts/1689162837784307

attachment.php

So Sherin was a student at this school and we have our daycare answer. I wonder when the last time Sherin was in school. I do hope it was Friday and this didn't go on any longer.

I do feel the school may posses some answers in the timeline (when they last saw her) and how she was at the school (happy?)

Thanks for this info! It is a private, Baptist school located in Richardson, operating since 1956. They posted her info at 1:34 pm on Oct. 7. I went to their site and found their schedule:
Our program is a weekday program offered Tuesday - Friday from 9:00am-2:00pm. In addition, we have Early Care and Stay and Play available for all children. Early care is Tuesday - Friday from 8:00am-9:00am and Stay and Play is Tuesday - Friday from 2:00pm-4:00pm. Extended care is available by reservation only.

So the latest they would have seen her was 4 pm on Friday, if she did the Stay and Play.
Did anyone outside of the home see her after 4 pm on Friday?
Thinking they have probably been able to provide some good background info on Sherin and her life.

If the mom is a nurse, maybe she tried to help Sherin and then Dad disposed of her. maybe that is why she is referring to mourning. She knows. And the police did take items from the house including the vehicles so I am pretty sure at this point that they have done their testing to see if body was in the vehicle alive or deceased.

Biggest issue is if she was alive, her DNA, hair and other signs of life would be of absolutely no help. Her scent should be in the family vehicles. So, unless they moved her body and a cadaver dog hits, or they find bodily fluids, namely blood, as children can and do have accidents in cars, the cars simply may not speak to what happened if it happened away from the home.

Like I said before, with 5 known hours, the dad could have driven out 125 miles in any direction and back if he averaged 50mph. If she was put in someone elses vehicle and given away or abducted those 5 hours had her within about a 250mile radius at 50mph. Either way, we are looking at different states if she was disposed of and it took 5 hours to get to the dumpsite and back. This is why my initial question was "why did they end the Amber Alert?" it seems to me that they should have extended it to multiple states, not called it off due to lack of tips. On twitter she was all over and once the Amber Alert disappeared she stopped trending, which is why I came over to WS to try and look for information on her.

Ugh, looking more into it now it seems that Mark Davis teased multiple times about him him on to talk but the show ended at 10am without anything happening. Someone has said he comes back on to fill in for the noon show and might be doing the interview then:

Someone on Twitter asked Mark Davis about his on-air interview with the father.
Here's Davis' reply;

[video=twitter;918521347810168832]https://twitter.com/markdavis/status/918521347810168832[/video]

I don't know the area, however, I am supposing that there are stores, etc. in the area, or maybe even traffic cams, that could have picked up one of the family's cars, if anyone left the house during the critical timeframe leading up to the 8 AM call to police.

The house is in a huge subdivision, so there wouldn't be any store cams. Not even sure there are traffic cams, unless he got onto the highway. Richardson suspended it's red light camera enforcement back in 2016.

Is Richardson a big city? Or are they near flat areas of Texas? Could he have driven 2 hours and buried her in the desert and returned? He did something at 3, but no alert till 8. That gives 5 hours. I saw somewhere in the thread that a surveillance camera was checked in the neighborhood but nothing came up. She is small child, he could have her stashed anywhere in fact. I remember Hailey here in Springfield MO was found in a plastic tote.

He could EASILY of driven to MANY rural areas in the amount of time in that area. Check out ANNA Texas....or going toward like BONHAM Texas....lots of un developed areas.

Is the ground pretty hard this time of year in Texas?

Now that we know Sherin went to a Daycare, perhaps the Daycare contacted CPS and that's how they became involved with the family prior to this event.

Just a thought.

I thought this too. My sister looks after children Sherin's age in daycare and she has called cps a lot of times in her 16 years there.

Thanks for this info! It is a private, Baptist school located in Richardson, operating since 1956. They posted her info at 1:34 pm on Oct. 7. I went to their site and found their schedule:

So the latest they would have seen her was 4 pm on Friday, if she did the Stay and Play.
Did anyone outside of the home see her after 4 pm on Friday?
Thinking they have probably been able to provide some good background info on Sherin and her life.

That's what I'm interested to know. Nothing was heard by the neighbour on that Saturday morning (I don't just mean searching, but driving away to conceal the body etc) so when was Sherin last seen by anyone other than the parents. Not saying it didn't happen Saturday but there's no confirmation from anyone outside of the home so far.

Local pastor does interviews for media, at Sherin's home. Father Thomas has been coming out every day since Sunday.
This one is about adoptions from India. https://www.facebook.com/whereissherin/videos/1420552191373490/
And this one is his discussion of why he is there and what he thinks, and his background. https://www.facebook.com/whereissherin/videos/1420485441380165/
Ok, so this is NOT their pastor, and he does not believe their story. Interesting.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

View attachment 124551

22 pounds at 36 months would be way below the curve.

While the curve is an important indicator, it is not the only important indicator. Other important considerations include genetics, prenatal care and early nurturance/care.

I cringe whenever I see a certain product ad on TV that suggests that if one's child is "lagging" on the growth chart then parents should purchase the product to "supplement" their regular diet. It implies a problem that can be fixed (and the ad seems to be calling parental competitive instincts for their child to be "competitive), and needs to be fixed, and that further the fix is contained in a supplemental beverage that may well be adding nothing more than additional calories.

Not suggesting that this family was on that particular path. Until I hear otherwise I will presume that Sherin was being seen regularly by a pediatrician who was properly diagnosing and prescribing for her. Just wanted to point out that a child who is small in stature may fall off the bottom of the charts and yet be completely healthy with proportionate weight and height.

Ok, so this is NOT their pastor, and he does not believe their story. Interesting.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I didn't get the sense he was connected to the family in any way. Just a local who is deeply connected to India, crime, children, and faith. I thought it was interesting how he was so clear on his opinions in the matter. No soft stepping for him. But he's from New York, worked in law enforcement there, so he's gotta have that toughness to him.

When you adopt from over seas, does someone from that country come to inspect the new house?

Countries and states differ wildly in requirements. However there are US agencies who work with countries overseas. There are also social workers who contract independently with local courts to provide home studies. Some countries require an extended presence (months) in the country by one or both parents prior to placement. Other countries are much more lax. In some countries there is a good bit of institutionalized corruption so that adoptive parents pay lots of money to bureaucrats in the chain in order to move their case forward. I haven't known of any countries to send their own personnel to inspect households in person. A number of countries (of which India may be one, although I don't know for certain) tightened up considerably on their international requirements in the face of embarrassing reports that they were "dumping" children overseas rather than caring for them at home. Particularly when it comes to females and children with known disabilities. Politics also play a role, as in the case of Russia cutting off US adoptions in an attempt to force the government to ease various sanctions in response to human rights violations.

If they never find her little body, he's got a chance of getting away with this, so we have to hope that they found a crime scene in or around that house.

Q: I've heard ppl toss the 'trafficking' scenario out there. Is trafficking really that common and/or has there ever been a case of a middle-class, church-going, model (-looking) parent (natural or adopted) doing such a thing to a 3 year old? I've heard of drug-addicted mothers trafficking their children to pedophiles, but actually giving the child away forever in a family like this? I just don't believe it.

Well, it calls to mind for me this case: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...xually-abused-her&highlight=arkansas+adoption

The house is in a huge subdivision, so there wouldn't be any store cams. Not even sure there are traffic cams, unless he got onto the highway. Richardson suspended it's red light camera enforcement back in 2016.

The buses and bus stops most likely have them as well as various gas stations etc. *If* he dumped the earthly remains, it's most likely he did so on the periphery of the town, and was likely caught on some cam. There are cams everywhere, whether LE, city, or individual citizen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState