Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That car certainly didn't travel very far. And because law enforcement knows the exact window of time that the car was not at the home, I'm guessing that information came from a neighbors surveillance camera and that because they are now asking the public to check their surveillance footage as well, they have already ruled out the possibility of his driving up and down the streets & around the neighborhood looking for her as even being a possible explanation. (Perhaps due to footage obtained from neighboring streets)

If the car left at 4am and returned at 5am, that's a very minimal amount of time to accomplish much; even if running an innocent errand under normal circumstances.

The mother was reportedly asleep.... He knew he was under the added pressure of needing to return before she would wake up. Most criminals go somewhere they are at least somewhat familiar with, that's not a new or surprising revelation, but this guy was really in more of a time crunch. I don't think that car went far at all.

The attorney for the mother, Kent Starr, said in his first statement that was posted earlier that "The mere fact that you don't hear from someone who's mourning; some individuals mourn differently. The mere fact that SHE MAY WALK UP AND DOWN THE STREET and react differently to a time of trauma....." Must be referring to the what the neighbor told reporter Maria Guerrero he saw at 7:27am (Indian woman with a sash walking on the street fast)

(Currently the 4th video down, 1:25 mark)http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ri...rl-Missing-for-Nearly-48-Hours-450019193.html

So, I'm thinking with the 911 call being at 8, her possibly being on the street at 7:27am, she must have woken up around no earlier than 7:00-7:20. So, as it turns out, he possibly had 2 additional hours from the time he got back to the time she woke up to tie up any loose ends......and "do laundry"

Edited to add: Since LE is asking for everyone including businesses to check their surveillance footage, I wonder if he left his cell phone at home. Or perhaps LE wants video to go along with where they have already tracked his phone? I'd think if they knew where he went, they would already be searching that area. Thoughts on the phone?

*Just thinking out loud, obviously / tossing around ideas and time frames*

Oh wow. I'm glad to see that there are developments but I'm sick that he likely drove her away and dumped her.

Map time maybe? I'm just not even sure where to go with it. No search locations to add either :(

Damn that *******.

The time of between 4am-5am is very specific. It sound like to me, some one in the Mathews street may have CCTV on the front of their house, probably looking towards a driveway. If this is the case Mathews maroon car might have been spotted driving past at 4am and and coming back at 5am. If that is the case it minimizes the distance in which sherin could have be dumped at. So 30 minutes away would be just to place her somewhere but even less than that if he has had to dig to bury her. What areas look suitable 20-30 minutes from the home.

I have a few questions that have been bothering me
- Was their second child adopted around the same time as Sherin?
- Did Sherin share a room with her?
- Where did her father try to give her the milk - was it in Sherin's room or the kitchen?
- If Sherin didn't want the milk, wouldn't she have cried?
- If she was sent outside as punishment, again, shouldn't she have cried and the neighbours would have heard?
- Is there evidence of him punishing like this in the past and do they punish their other daughter the same way?

- Where did her father try to give her the milk - was it in Sherin's room or the kitchen?
- If she was sent outside as punishment, again, shouldn't she have cried and the neighbours would have heard?
- Is there evidence of him punishing like this in the past and do they punish their other daughter the same way?

The other child is their biological child, nothing else regarding your questions has been answered as far as I know.

There isn't evidence so far of this particular thing happening in the past to either child however, cps said the family is known to them so it would lead me to believe that something happened prior to this event.

Welcome edimmu :)

:welcome3:

Bringing fwd latest msm:

Vehicle Missing From Family Home on Morning of Girl's Disappearance: Richardson Police
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ve...isappearance-Richardson-Police-450693353.html

"Police are asking residents and businesses to check any surveillance video recordings from Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017, between 4 and 5 a.m. for any sign of a maroon Acura MDX."

Snip

"Police are asking people to check their surveillance systems because detectives are working to retrace the path of the MDX. Police have not said who they believe may have been driving the SUV during that time frame, but the vehicle belongs to Wesley and Sini Mathews.

They wouldn't say how they know the SUV was missing during that time frame.

Police said, in a message posted to their Facebook page Thursday evening, that they are "asking for residents and business owners within an area where this vehicle could have traveled within that hour to review and preserve any video possibly containing this vehicle."

"Please keep in mind when reviewing your video, your time stamp may be different from the actual time," police added.

The are also encouraging home and business owners to review surveillance systems as soon as possible since systems typically retain video for only seven days.

When asked whether police consider Wesley Mathews a suspect in his daughter's disappearance, Sgt. Kevin Perlich said, "We are not coming out and saying that just yet.""

Thank you, Margarita. I have been browsing these forums for years but finally decided to join.

He could but I have a feeling this was an unplanned killing and he probably didn't think things through clearly/was in a panic. Based on his whole tree story, it doesn't seem well thought out and is more of a panic response
Well I was saying if he's naturally paranoid he could have always kept GPS off.

I have a friend like that who doesn't like the idea of Google constantly knowing where he is so he keeps it off! I'm the opposite after being on websleuths I want people to be able to find me if I go missing!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RICHARDSON, TEXAS - Police are reaching out to the public for any surveillance footage of a vehicle in connection with a missing child case in Richardson.

It's been six days since 3-year-old Sherin Mathews disappeared and many questions are left unanswered. An SUV taken from her family's home is now front and center in the investigation.

According to police, the maroon 2013 Acura MDX may help explain what happened*that morning when Sherin disappeared from her home in the 900 block of Sunningdale.

The SUV was absent from the home Saturday between 4 a.m. and 5 a.m., after Sherin's father admitted to putting her outside, but before he called police to report her missing.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dall...car-in-missing-richardson-girl-case/482978156
3f3ee75862b6f896f53bfd136c0e5b41.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

When people lie, they often either leak out or incorporate some truthful elements. Because of the car being missing from 4 to 5 AM, I think whatever happened did take place in the 3 AM hour. It could be that he actually did put the poor baby out for a punishment at 3, but she refused to "stand still" and came kept running back towards the house or otherwise disobeyed, leading to whatever harm befell her. I find it hard to believe that he wasn't aware that such punishment is considered beyond the pale in our culture so why would he admit to it? He may have owned up to that part of the narrative because he couldn't be sure a neighbor hadn't heard or seen some commotion in the yard. All MOO.

I think that tree is central somehow. He could've made up any story, the one he made up makes no sense to anyone but him.

FWIW, Adoption Disruption: [FONT=&amp]Reuters discovered, there are message boards and websites for people looking to find a new family to "re-home" their unwanted children.
[/FONT]

The parents who were giving up the boy told Exon that the 4-year-old's feet were too big and his ears looked funny. If parents could discard their adopted kids so callously, she reasoned, maybe she could help children find new families by moderating one of the Internet sites.

"We were just introducing people," Exon says of the online group, where parents sought new homes for unwanted children in a practice known as "private re-homing."

"The only thing we facilitated," she says, "was bringing people together." Well-intentioned as that seemed, Exon would come to regret her role in the re-homing network, a collection of Internet forums where people seeking children can find one quickly. They are able to do so without involving the government and sometimes with the help of middlemen whose activities can be naïve, reckless or illegal, a Reuters investigation has found.

The online bulletin boards have emerged as a do-it-yourself way for parents to quietly end adoptions. The groups not only attract parents but also appeal to do-gooders like Exon who delight in the chance to help find needy children better homes.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/adoption/#article/part3

I am sick reading this article. What kind of world do we really live in? Posting children like puppies online for “rehoming”? Disgusting. Seek counseling/peer groups/church, this is beyond sickening & a feast for pervs....ty for sharing this, unbelievable!

I think that tree is central somehow. He could've made up any story, the one he made up makes no sense to anyone but him.

FWIW, Adoption Disruption: [FONT=&quot]Reuters discovered, there are message boards and websites for people looking to find a new family to "re-home" their unwanted children.
[/FONT]

The parents who were giving up the boy told Exon that the 4-year-old's feet were too big and his ears looked funny. If parents could discard their adopted kids so callously, she reasoned, maybe she could help children find new families by moderating one of the Internet sites.

"We were just introducing people," Exon says of the online group, where parents sought new homes for unwanted children in a practice known as "private re-homing."

"The only thing we facilitated," she says, "was bringing people together." Well-intentioned as that seemed, Exon would come to regret her role in the re-homing network, a collection of Internet forums where people seeking children can find one quickly. They are able to do so without involving the government and sometimes with the help of middlemen whose activities can be naïve, reckless or illegal, a Reuters investigation has found.

The online bulletin boards have emerged as a do-it-yourself way for parents to quietly end adoptions. The groups not only attract parents but also appeal to do-gooders like Exon who delight in the chance to help find needy children better homes.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/adoption/#article/part3
I was thinking about this concept the other day because of this case. On the one hand, if there were legal and safe ways for people who cannot cope with parenthood to turn them over to the state without stigma, perhaps some of these children would not end up abused or dead. Yet as a society, for equally good reasons, we don't want to make it ok to rehome a child like you can with a pet.

Working in animal rescue, though, I see so many people who are unprepared for the relatively short commitment time for that and I often feel that when someone is not prepared, is having regrets, is really just not good at being a guardian, as much as I'd like pets not to lose their homes to begin with, it's for the best that I just take them out of that situation and not attempt to talk sense into the home. I feel that by making it easier for the people to give them up I may be preventing abuse or neglect in some of these situations.

I am not trying to suggest that kids and pets are the same, but the feeling that abuse and neglect can happen in any situation where the person ends up not really being prepared for the responsibility, not really having the patience required, not really being as ready for the responsibility as they thought they were, is unfortunately similar in some of these situations.

Children who were lucky enough to have grown up in a close knit community back in my day sometimes ended up being ok only because the community would attempt to give these children what they were lacking at home. It used to be fairly normal for kids to practically live at neighbors' homes but just go back home to sleep at night. This is not as common anymore.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am sick reading this article. What kind of world do we really live in? Posting children like puppies online for “rehoming”? Disgusting. Seek counseling/peer groups/church, this is beyond sickening & a feast for pervs....ty for sharing this, unbelievable!

I totally understand, but I can see how a "rehoming" clearinghouses are formed.

I mentioned upthread that someone I know adopted a child from overseas who turned out to be VERY disturbed emotionally - in all likelihood from severe neglect while an infant and toddler in an orphanage. The American family who adopted him were actually afraid for their safely and for the safety of their bio children. I cannot overstate enough that situation was horrific and the family, as loving and strong as they are, could not handle it.

But, once he was adopted, he was their legal child. You can't give a child back, even if he was literally tearing the family apart physically and emotionally. You can't go back to the courts and "undo" the adoption. Churches, community groups, hospitals. social services offered no help for the family I know - there is no system to handle adoptions that don't work out....and there is no system that fully informs families of this in advance. It's a shock that each family has to endure and negotiate on their own.

The people I know eventually were able to "rehome" him, legally and through proper channels, to a couple who knew what they were committing to and had the time and experience to handle an extremely violent child. But what if they didn't find that couple who would take their adopted child? What could they do??

Adopting a child is such a generous thing to do - and families lovingly and eagerly go into it ready to accept whoever they get, sick or healthy....but some children from overseas might require care that a regular family simply cannot provide, especially if they are completely unaware of what harm to their development neglected children may have suffered.

Again, these cases are not just a spirited child or a depressed child or malnurished child....but severely emotionally damaged to the point of being dangerous for people untrained to handle it.

I know I'm going off on a tangent as there is no evidence (that we know of) that little Sherin suffered these severe problems, but I do want to jump in and present another side to the "rehoming" scenario. These are not just people who decided on a whim to get rid of a child they don't like....they are desperate and there is really no support net for them other than to figure it out on their own.

It's a problem that needs to be fixed.

jmo

If they really didn't want her they could've sent her to boarding school in India for a cheap price. Cruel. But atleast she would've been ok. Praying really hard that they find this baby and bring her perpetrators to justice.

Interesting that we have not heard one word from the mother.

Has she not shown her face because she knows she will break down? Wonder how she has held up with all the police interviews?

LE may be able to read from her behavior that she is grief stricken and afraid of her husband. Perhaps another domestic violence home just like the newborn in Georgia. How many husbands get up with a child in the middle of the night? Of course, who knows the real story!

My opinions only.

I think initially she may simply be of the type not to be comfortable in the spotlight. However, as things move forward, and particularly with having an attorney, there is little to be gained from her making a personal appearance. It might be helpful to the search if there were indications that Sherin was with someone, or even wandering where she might be seen. But that doesn't seem to be where the evidence is leading. (and we have to assume that whatever she knows or does not know, it is more than what is publicly available).

And her attorney seems focused on the one area where she can win/lose, which is custody of the other child.

She is in a tough place no matter how things fall out. Her husband has been charged with child endangering, which could potentially be expanded to include her, depending on various factors. And there are the possibility of more serious charges lurking in the background. And as several have pointed out, we know nothing about the husband-wife relationship and interactions. Is she shocked and surprised by what has happened, or does this confirm her worst fears and she is terrified? Clearly her world has been completely upended right now. Her children are both gone and she is holed up with her husband while people outside the door are saying terrible things about both of them.

Can they ask the other child what she has seen, or is that not allowed since she is a small child.

Yes they would have to ask her through a child psychologist. Usually they use play in these types of cases. The child does speak pretty good from what I've heard, so she would be verbal to articulate, if she saw something.

Nope. I sure don't. I'm just really hoping (grasping at straws) that she's still alive. In "arranged kidnapping", I was using the term loosely. Could they have possibly arranged an illegal adoption to someone else? Maybe they arranged for her to go back to India? Maybe either of those two options were better than admitting they couldn't care for her. Maybe he sold her. Where he put the child coincides with the two likeliest places for her to wander into harms way. There's a major highway just up the street too.

If they know his vehicles, and in the world we live in today, with cameras everywhere, I'm surprised that they have not caught his vehicle on film somewhere that night. I'm looking at that neighborhood and nearly everyone has a fenced yard. A 22# toddler can't go over, or under, those fences. I'd say several folks have cameras trained on the front areas of their homes and even catch some drive by traffic. It just seems like an awfully convenient place to leave her for someone to pick her up.

Btw, did they ever bring dogs in to search for her?

I think it's a stretch, given the Dad's story, but there is a phenomenon known as "rehoming," that impacts adoption, with kids adopted internationally and having special needs being at high risk. It seems to result from a perfect storm of overwhelmed families in over their heads, a comparative lack of supports for kids adopted internationally vs domestically, the internet and little regulation in the area of direct family to family custodial arrangements.

One case (a domestic adoption) was covered here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...xually-abused-her&highlight=arkansas+adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18