Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The body was found around 11 a.m. Sunday morning in a culvert beneath a road, Sgt. Kevin Perlich, spokesman for the police department, told reporters Sunday. An arrest has not been made in connection with the discovery of the body.

While a medical examiner has yet to see the child's body and make a positive identification, Perlich said, "It is most likely" Sherin Mathews, and her parents have been notified of the discovery. The cause of death has yet to be determined.

[video=cnn;us/2017/10/23/texas-police-small-child-body-found-bts.ktvt]http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/22/us/texas-missing-child-body-found/index.html[/video]

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

attachment.php

I wonder if she'd like the pink one better?
(Image source Amazon)

Love the doll photo you posted. I can't imagine she wouldn't like them both.

Just as I see teal and lavender images and think of Abby and Libby, now I'll see pink and silver fairies and princesses, and think of Sherin.

I like to see her, right now, surrounded by such beautiful images - many, many of them.

RIP, Sherin.

Just an out loud thought . ..... perhaps WS walked while carrying her to the culvert, went back and washed the clothes he was wearing when putting her into the culvert. And then drove around for an hour trying to come up with a story that fit the circumstances.

Or perhaps after leaving her he went to a nearby car wash to clean op the vehicle

Could a child this age die as a result of having been shaken? Medical people?

“AHT is also called shaken baby syndrome (or SBS), inflicted traumatic brain injury, and shaken impact syndrome. ... AHT can happen in children up to 5 years old, but the average age of victims is between 3 and 8 months.”

I am not a medical professional but I believe it can. She was also small for her age, making her more susceptible to injury IMO.

Just an out loud thought . ..... perhaps WS walked while carrying her to the culvert, went back and washed the clothes he was wearing when putting her into the culvert. And then drove around for an hour trying to come up with a story that fit the circumstances.

This sounds quite reasonable to me, and ties up some of the loose ends we've fretted over since Sherin was reported missing.

Folks, I took a moment & looked around at church today & wondered if any family with kids needed even a couple hours off from their own beloved kids. Maybe we'll all be more aware in the future?

Not sayin' this would have saved Sherin -- but might have made a difference?

Can't handle thinking there's no way to help.

Dear Sherin, I'm so sorry that no one was there to stand in the gap for you! Love, Laughing, your WS Auntie

There aren't too many ways for a child to be killed in a home while one of two parents slept through it. The only possible scenario I could come up with has me thinking about little Hiwawayi Robinson and I pray that didn't happen to Sherin.

is this a new kind of punishment, making a child go outside??

Or perhaps after leaving her he went to a nearby car wash to clean op the vehicle

Let's hope so, because if he did there might be forensic evidence transfered from the culvert into the car.

I am thinking he was out driving in clean clothes while what he wore to the culvert was in the wash.

Was there ever any reports on where SAR dogs might have hit?

No, IMO it's a unique punishment devised by WM. I haven't seen anything to indicate it's an Indian cultural punishment - not one Indian news source has stated thus - and based on the brouhaha in msm it's not a known or accepted punishment here in the U.S.

IMO either it's a lie that WM made up to cover up his crime or it's some horrific punishment in his household to control a tiny, defenseless child.

Sick is what I call it.

Sigh. Last time I followed a case where a body was found in a culvert, it was young Jonathan Foster and he was murdered on Christmas Eve and burned with a blow torch. His murderer place his body in there. No way Sherin walked in there. There will be evidence, I'm sure.

An arrest will not come soon enough in this case. No bleepin' bail this time. I want an arrest and I want this on suicide watch so he can't take the easy way out.

No way is bio child coming home anytime soon.

How on earth is it even possible for a tiny child to be thrown away like trash twice, on opposite sides of the planet.
The odds must be astronomical, and here we are, again.

Did anyone notice three churches exist between the Mathews home and where she was found. WM had so many options to do the right thing and didn't.

This made me cry :(. This poor sweet child is in the arms of her maker now, and her true worth is being celebrated.

I’ve been lurking far too long-. Sherin is one of those little girls who touched my heart from the beginning. I live in DFW, and I haven’t logged on, hoping my sadness would decrease, but it didn’t. So here I am, to mourn with all of you.

This poor sweet baby girl never never had a chance in life. None. It’s a wonder she was even smiling in photos. I desperately wish that I could’ve given her even one day of the happy childhood that I had with my late mother.

I don’t know if this has been shared yet, but it tore me to pieces. Back in India, the orphanage found little Sherin dumped in bushes. Just as if she were nothing. And now she was dumped in a culvert. Absolutely heart-wrenching. I sure hope that she is given a proper funeral and burial, and that some of the lovely gifts and letters placed at the tree will be buried with her. This little girl deserves a beautiful final resting place, not bushes or a culvert. :(

But knowing WM, he’d rather pay bond again than use the money for Sherin. I swear, I’m the same age as WM, and from the first time I saw his pic, I got a creepy feeling. Very similar to some online dating profiles I see, lol.

It’ll be interesting to see what develops in the next few days. With the body found and custody hearing tomorrow, I hope that WM doesn’t punish someone else for not drinking their milk before he’s back in custody.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/ric...hardson-3-year-old-dumped-bushes-put-adoption

And I believe God took her in his arms, held her tight, and placed her on the softest grass she ever felt.

Now she walks amongst the most beautiful flowers she's ever seen, with the lion and lamb walking by her side.

Now .... she is truly loved!

Enjoy your new forever home Sherin. ❤️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some parents can be harsh. I've heard of parents locking their children out of the house for a few hours, and even overnight. Granted, teenagers were the ones locked out overnight for misbehavior, but still.

There aren't too many ways for a child to be killed in a home while one of two parents slept through it. The only possible scenario I could come up with has me thinking about little Hiwawayi Robinson and I pray that didn't happen to Sherin.

I have been wondering exactly the same thing Cubby, and given the interaction in the wee hours of the morning it is a logical speculation.

Just heartbreaking news,:( Rest gently in heaven sweet little Sherin :rose:

Some have been talking about the rains Dallas had last night. The thing is, though, Sherin would not have been "washed down" in a storm from the back of her house to the culvert area where she was found. If you look at the map, and go to street view at the Centennial and Bowser intersection, you'll see that it is all pretty flat, as is the area around the railroad tracks just due west of that intersection. There are a few sewers on Centennial or Bowser, but there is no under-the-road culvert or wash area near the tracks that she would have traveled down during a storm in order to arrive at that little culvert where she was found this morning. In other words, she was not found in a 'swale' culvert (like the bigger ones pictured earlier in this thread). That culvert is just in a low spot at that particular street, but rising to level as you head back southward towards Centennial--which is a totally flat intersection and road all the way to the railroad tracks. I'll try to post some photos to give you a sense of the terrain.

So, IMO, I don't believe the rains swept her away. Nor am I convinced a phantom coyote dragged her off (with no screaming, no blood traces, no scent tracked by dogs, etc.), carrying her northward along the tracks, crossing a 4-lane highway, and traveling all that distance before finding just that one tiny culvert to deposit her in. We've had coyotes attack small dogs twice in our N.Texas neighborhood; while rare, there is definitely a commotion, a trail, and some mauling along the way. I'm also not convinced a 3-yr old would voluntarily take that same route in the middle of the night and elect to cross a well-lit 4-lane highway so that she could then go back down into the darkness to hide in a tiny culvert. And die of...what? Hypothermia?

Here are some photos:

1. Where found (SW side of intersection), culvert circled:
attachment.php

2. Satellite view of area from home to intersection/culvert where found:
attachment.php

3. Centennial @ Bowser intersection (facing NW); sewers; alley backing up to easement and tracks behind neighborhood watch sign:
attachment.php

4. Centennial at Bowser (facing west/southwest); high wall on neighborhood side of Centennial; tracks in opening beyond, no culvert underneath Centennial (sewers only):
attachment.php

5. RR crossing at Centennial where Sherin and/or coyote presumably crossed (4-lanes) while traveling northward:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1--where found.jpg
    1--where found.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 813
  • 2-Sunningdale to 698 Bowser (culvert area) satellite view.jpg
    2-Sunningdale to 698 Bowser (culvert area) satellite view.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 797
  • 3-Centennial @ Bowser, insection facing NW; alley behind watch sign.jpg
    3-Centennial @ Bowser, insection facing NW; alley behind watch sign.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 799
  • 4-C:U_Centennial at Bowser (facing W) high wall on Centennial; tracks in opening beyond, no culv.jpg
    4-C:U_Centennial at Bowser (facing W) high wall on Centennial; tracks in opening beyond, no culv.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 784
  • 5-RR crossing at Centennial (4-lanes).jpg
    5-RR crossing at Centennial (4-lanes).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 780
Maria Guerrero reporting that she spoke with a CPS representative tonight, and Sherin's vigil, and that person said the hearing was on for tomorrow. Maria's first comment under the video:
A spokesperson for CPS told me tonight as far as she knows Sini Mathews still has a hearing tomorrow to ask for her biological 4-year-old daughter to be returned to her. The girl has been in foster care. Court is Henry Wade Juvenile Justice Building in Dallas. Time is not known. Court hearings begin at 9am.
https://www.facebook.com/MariaGuerreroNews/videos/1042121335930650/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member