Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in the DFW area and have personally met Gregg Gibbs. A family member was interviewing defense lawyers after being falsely accused of felony weapon crime. I went with them. Being in the area and now knowing several attorneys, I was under the impressions that Mr. Gibbs primarily handles criminal law. He used to be a Plano officer. Upon meeting him, I could definitely see he used to be a cop, not meaning this to be insulting to LE at all. It’s just that I felt the consultation was more of an interrogation than when we met defense attorneys who were never LE or former prosecutors. Not sure if this link is okay to post, but it shows other reviews of Mr. Gibbs practicing criminal law.

https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/75071-tx-gregg-gibbs-41527.html

Personally, I have suspicions about Sini. It was just the look on WM face after the custody hearing.... I’m in the minority, but I believe WM may be taking the fall for someone else. I’m sure per TOS, that I can’t elaborate on my suspicions since Sini hasn’t been named as suspect.

IMO, since WM was re-arrested, the custody case would be easier to win for Sini. So if anything, I could see the family lawyer withdrawing.

What I do know from the situation with my friend is that MANY defense attorneys in DFW are quick to take your big retainer and force you to plea to something, even if 100%innocent. My friend went through numerous attorneys because of this. The attorney has to file a Motion to Withdraw, or else the new attorney files a Motion to Substitute Counsel in cases where the attorney and client part ways. Perhaps there was a conflict because Mr. Starr wanted Sini to talk to LE. Just throwing in my thoughts from my experience in the area.

The school Sherin was attending was really expensive though, at least IMO. It was $380 a month for 4 days a week from 9am-2pm Early drop off 8am-9am was an additional $110 a month and late pick up, 2pm-4pm was an additional $220 a month.

I don't know which programs she was a part of, but if both parents worked during the day and since the school says you have to pay for these things monthly and if I recall correctly without rebates if the child is sick etc, that would mean that they were spending $710 a month (for 4 days with early drop and late pickup). Which, is a LOT of money, esp if a parent is working a lot of hours but not making much.
I am not sure what a registered nurse gets paid on average there, but I know here many young nurses don't get paid very well which is a huge reason for their being a nursing shortage, poor hours, long shifts, low pay and often times little appreciation. Even if Sini was making 2k a month, spending nearly half of that on school alone, for Sherin, may have been a great motivator to want her to stay home, also, I don't know at what age public school starts there, here it is age 4, but I know many people say age 5, so if Sherins OS was attending this same school, even with the multiple child discount of 25% off one of the tuitions, it could have been nearly one parents entire check!
Not going to sleuth mom, I believe she was not currently employed.

I believe an RN would easily bring home $40,000/yr minimum. More with experience.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So they can't disclose where he took the child's body. If he took her directly to the culvert, where she was found, wouldn't they just come out and say that?

Perhaps he moved the body to the car but a 2nd person drove it or did the disposing?

Did we ever find out why her arm was in the sling? Could it have been prior abuse? If so, was this why CPS was involved? What's it called when someone holds a kids hand, and it causes their elbow to be strained? Maybe it something like that?

The photo of Sherin with her sister....she looks like a doll baby. So tiny, and precious. But she doesn't looks starving to me, or failure to thrive. Just tiny. I saw a little girl in the grocery store here the other day that reminded me of her. I think the little girl I saw, her Mom was probably 4'5'' or so, very tiny lady. Some people are tiny by DNA.

Sherin appears to have adored her sister, and likewise. What a heartbreaking case.
Nursemaids elbow
MOO

I would think she needs someone who deals with child custody issues, which he does not appear to do. He deals with criminal issues, from what is listed on his website. There could be a clash of what she wants vs what he can give, he could be too expensive, she could have let him go, he could have been done with the hoopla, etc. There are so many reasons why this could be so. I'd love to be a fly on the wall.
And a divorce atty!
MOO

I find it very odd that the dad did not wake up the mom if she was choking on her milk considering the Mom was a RN and/or LVN. That really bothers me and makes me really wonder what really happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And why in the world would he be giving her this milk in the garage? I think the story is still bogus, and he is trying to come up with the best way to get out of punishment.

I was wondering the same thing. Is this LE being tight lipped because it is the best thing for their investigation? Or did WM decline to say where he took her? Or do WM's actions implicate someone else, and they need to figure that out?

Such a puzzling statement. He removed her from the home. They didn't find her when searching the area earlier, apparently. Could he have taken her to a friend/relatives home who may have been away and placed her in a freezer/refrigerator or somewhere? I still can't imagine how or when he would have been able to place her in that culvert if he was wearing the ankle monitor, etc.? We may never know until trial. Hope he gets the death penalty, JMO.

Since all we can do is speculate, I am thinking that Starr likely withdrew as the attorney of record because SM has refused to cooperate in any possible way other than looking at some photos of clothing.

I don't think that he was advising her to NOT at least appear helpful, he would know that looks bad in the custody case. I would think that when LE said they would like to talk to her after the arrest yesterday and she refused he told her it would be in the best interest if she went in and reiterated things, it could be fear of losing something (when she did cooperate she lost her husband and her other child, and then her house was gone through and many possessions were taken) or fear of LE themselves or whatever, but I get the impression she doesn't want to speak or show her face at all (which is her right), and that as a lawyer he just had enough and decided that it was a waste of his time if she wasn't going to take any of his advice and it's a waste of her money. He likely has a bunch of clients who are paying for his services and hanging out with a high profile client who is refusing to so much as reiterate to police that she was sleeping, would just be a lot for an attorney to handle... Again, JUST MY OPINION. I personally still feel Sini is a victim, and I think she is feeling very victimized by everything going on. But, that really makes it difficult for a lawyer to help you if you aren't willing to take that help... Even victims make bad choices, if that is what has gone on...

I agree too, or she didnt pay.

I just had an "aha" about WM's first explanation of what happened. I think this matches what several of you have talked about. He said he put her outside by the tree as punishment for not drinking her "milk." And what did he actually do? He put her outside, by a tree, as punishment for not drinking her "milk." Granted, the tree is near the other culvert, and the punishment was death and abandonment in a culvert. What a horrible person.

Such a puzzling statement. He removed her from the home. They didn't find her when searching the area earlier, apparently. Could he have taken her to a friend/relatives home who may have been away and placed her in a freezer/refrigerator or somewhere? I still can't imagine how or when he would have been able to place her in that culvert if he was wearing the ankle monitor, etc.? We may never know until trial. Hope he gets the death penalty, JMO.

Good idea on the freezer.
I wonder if he is trying to intimate that she wasn't actually dead when he left her. That she moved from where he put her? And then died?
I think he could have put her in the culvert with the ankle monitor. We discovered it was a gps tracker, and he was free to go to work etc. So I would imagine they just watched him on the gps screen, not actually followed him around in a car (does anyone know how that works?). He may have gone to the location by the college, which caused the to search there. Then when he went to the culvert, they searched there. Just a wild hypothesis, I know he likely put her in the culvert from the beginning.

Ankle monitor wouldn't prevent him from doing anything. There have been cases where perps wearing ankle monitors committed all kind of crimes.

I believe the mother is not cooperating because she knows she will be question in regards to history of abuse on this child

I believe the mother is not cooperating because she knows she will be question in regards to history of abuse on this child

Or maybe just obstruction of justice. Or both.

Anyone else having problems reading this thread? For the last two or three days I have been able to read a page or two, then the posts don’t come up.
I've been experiencing a different problem. The same page is showing seven or eight times before it goes to the real next page.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I am very curious the dynamic between WM and SM. I thought her body language in court was striking. It will be very interesting to see how this case plays out. I am curious about their cultural background and what, if anything, that has influenced their behavior in this situation. I cannot imagine moving to a country so different from your own. You would definitely need your family, friends, and church for support even in the best of times. I am hoping that the 4 year old gets the best care possible to deal with this.

Any word on their other daughter?

MOO this couple should never have access to the other child.

Yes, I am one of those who think the state, at times, must rescue children from their "parents"

I am trying to verify some of this. If you read the entire article, it sounds like the adoption may not have been totally legal.

Can anyone find anything form US MSM about this?

It sounds like some major trouble may be brewing.

I'm HEARING Sherin was NOT a US citizen.

I want to know FACT OR FICTION???

India may want her back there for burial.

"The Bihar government ordered an investigation on Monday into the adoption of three-year-old Sherin Mathews from an orphanage in the state, after she disappeared from her foster parents’ Texas home and her body was reportedly found"

"Sherin’s reported death prompted Nalanda district magistrate Thiyagarajan SM to set up a three-member team to “ascertain if all norms of adoption were followed in this case"

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...rom-nalanda/story-vaboB83baJvGRhf5TOW4PL.html

It takes time to become a US citizen. Her not being a US citizen doesn't suggest adoption wasn't legal.

She made it sound like the grass they took as evidence was from the cars. That was my impression, that she was clearing up a mistaken impression, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
There was grass recovered from thr home and at least one vehicle. It is on the handwritten list

[h=3]Mathews[/h]Note: The laundry list of items seized at this early stage in the case may or may not be considered clues or evidence. These are items that investigators simply want to look at more closely.
Seized from home on 900 block of Sunningdale

• Trash bags, shopping bag, roll of fabric
  • Blue string and “dark, hair-like fibers”
  • Piece of red plastic
  • iPhone with case
  • Desktop computer
  • Three laptop computers
  • Five cell phones
  • Folder with banking documents
  • Adoption papers
  • Joint banking account book
  • Marriage certificate