Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;922940223113138176]https://twitter.com/AllisonFox4News/status/922940223113138176[/video]
Allison Harris @AllisonFox4News
Richardson Police say they have still not talked to #SherinMathews mother Sini Mathews today.

Hmm, I don't know what to make of this since Kent Starr (criminal defense attorney) is no longer representing her. Gregg Gibbs (family law) is her attorney now. Why would he recommend her not to talk to LE? Yeah, I get the need for legal representation - my question is more pointed in that a family law attorney is recommending she stay silent. If she was asleep during Sherin's murder then IMO she has nothing to hide.

It's possible however that Gibbs is doing what is par for the course in custody cases. Do we have any Texas attorneys here who could clear this up?

She's got a license for both. Someone looked it up and posted screen shots.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ah, thank you. I must have missed that. RNs make a lot of money. Especially with experience. During a holiday, my sister can make her house payment, in a day.

Where I live RNs can pretty much write their own ticket. We have a HUGE shortage. Only 2 RN programs and a lot of competition to get in.

Wow, you're correct! No time is mentioned in the new warrant:
http://www.cor.net/modules/showdocument.aspx?documentid=20199

I don't think we know for sure if LE is still using 3am for anything but even if they are where did the SUV go that morning? Sherin's body was found less than a mile from her home. Where do y'all think WM went during that time?

I think you are right, the timeline may still be in-tact in LE's mind. That WM's new statement added to the exisitng time. Which makes me think the 3 am to 3:15 am time frame had some truth. As in WM thought she was dead, went into the house for 15 min, came back and "eventually" confirmed she was dead.

I keep thinking about what so many have said, that there is some truth in every story told by criminals. What do you think the truths are? This is what I think is true:
I think there was some fluid that Sherin was being forced to consume by an adult, and she didn't want to.
I think she died when the adult lost control.
This happened at night.
An adult took her body away.

I mean let's be blunt, who actually thinks there was milk involved in this at all. I dont.

I think you are right, the timeline may still be in-tact in LE's mind. That WM's new statement added to the exisitng time. Which makes me think the 3 am to 3:15 am time frame had some truth. As in WM thought she was dead, went into the house for 15 min, came back and "eventually" confirmed she was dead.

I keep thinking about what so many have said, that there is some truth in every story told by criminals. What do you think the truths are? This is what I think is true:
I think there was some fluid that Sherin was being forced to consume by an adult, and she didn't want to.
I think she died when the adult lost control.

This happened at night.
An adult took her body away.

I believe this, but its something only a disgusting man would want

“That makes sense. Gibbs practices family law while Starr is primarily a criminal defense attorney. If LE cleared Sini then there's no reason for her to pay for a criminal defense attorney; her concern now would be getting the other daughter back.”

I don’t think she has been cleared. It seems police are pleading with her to come in and answer questions and she hasn’t.

“On Tuesday, Richardson police made a plea for Sini Mathews to agree to speak with police. She has not cooperated with police since the weekend of Oct. 7”

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/N...d-as-3-Year-Old-Sherin-Mathews-452832073.html

That clears up some of what's happening. According to the reporter (NBC5):

Police publicly asked Siri to come in. Sgt. Perlich said "She has an opportunity to come in talk to us right now but whether she comes in or not, we're going to move forward with this investigation so it's either with or without her cooperation."

Responding to a request for an interview Kent Starr said he has withdrawn as the attorney of record for Sini Mathews.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1687204161324637&id=546265772085154

So it was Starr who withdrew, not Sini who dropped him. I doubt he'll say why, at least not until the case is resolved. The reporter reached out to Gibbs and hasn't heard back.

Quite a turn of events today. I really don't know what to make of this new information.

I mean let's be blunt, who actually thinks there was milk involved in this at all. I dont.

I don't either.

However.

I have to wonder if the father was trying to administer something that looked like milk to the child - maybe something poisonous - that is why Sherin choked.

Or:

There was real milk involved and there was something in the milk.

Hopefully it did not taste like almonds.

Police publicly asked Siri to come in. Sgt. Perlich said "She has an opportunity to come in talk to us right now but whether she comes in or not, we're going to move forward with this investigation so it's either with or without her cooperation."

Responding to a request for an interview Kent Starr said he has withdrawn as the attorney of record for Sini Mathews.

So it was Starr who withdrew, not Sini who dropped him. I doubt he'll say why, at least not until the case is resolved. The reporter reached out to Gibbs and hasn't heard back.

Quite a turn of events today. I really don't know what to make of this new information.
Yup, it's been quite a day.

Fox4 is reporting on the latest http://www.fox4news.com/live

Nothing that we haven't already heard. LEO interviewed sounded really, really pissed about WM's latest story and that Sherin's mom won't cooperate. I think LE is feeling protective of little Sherin and is going to dog this case until WM is put away for his crimes.

I do think milk was involved somehow. Just like the tree. I think he takes main points of the story and then embellishes around them. Basically, milk, tree, laundry, probably times, will wind up being true, IMO. The specific tree was a lie, likely the actions around the milk are a lie, but they will still be in the true story, if that makes sense.

"The mere fact" is that he withdrew. ;)
(Quotations are simply a joke/in reference to Kent Starr's frequent terminology)

I'm guessing either he knew he was in over his head, thought it was too high profile of a case, or did not support his client being uncooperative with police at this point.
Ally own opinion.

A couple of points from Maria Guerrero's live-feed from today, wanted to make sure everyone had heard. https://www.facebook.com/MariaGuerreroNews/videos/1043111305831653/ Very worth listening to. Not sure if anyone else heard this.

LE searched that area WITH DOGS. It wasn't a cursory visual search with flashlights. They used dogs.
They returned the day after the rains because they knew the rain would bring up scents.
That's when they found the body "a ways inside the culvert."
LE confirmed that Sherin had clothing on today.
Sini was showed pictures of the clothing, and that, along with the dental records, confirmed Sherin's identity.
LE said that more arrests are possible and charges may be modified.
Sini has not cooperated with LE (outside of helping ID Sherin).
How long was Sherin's body in the culvert? LE is not sure.
Someone asked in the comments about the two people arguing in the area near the culvert the night before Sherin was found, and that someone had it on their security video and turned it over to LE Maria said it is not confirmed and is a rumor at this point.
What was important to me to note is that Maria said there was no time mentioned in the new statement of WM's. The 3 am timeline is gone. I hadn't noticed that, and was continuing on the 3 am timeline. So what we have to go on is the 4-5 am car being gone, and the 8:15 am call to LE from WM. (That was all from Maria's video, too).
She also said that the Sini is not mentioned in this statement - nothing about her sleeping, nothing about her at all.

I have whiplash from the past 24 hours.....Can't imagine I am alone. Here is a Summary of Events of last 24 hours
WM is in jail on felony charges based on new statement he made to LE. He spoke with LE for over 2 hours.
Those charges may change, and there may be more arrests.
Sini is not cooperating or talking to LE, and LE has put out a request for her to come in.
Sini changed lawyers because Kent Starr left her case.
Sherin's body has been identified by dental records and clothing.
Sherin's sister remains in foster care while CPS begins interviewing the family recommended to take care of her and while WM gets a civil lawyer (he may as well drop that idea, because he isn't going to be needing one...)
India is involved in discussions about what will happen to Sherin's body.

Anything else?

She also said that the Sini is not mentioned in this statement - nothing about her sleeping, nothing about her at all.

Hope she finds a new lawyer.

JMO

Also, where did police make a public plea for Mrs Mathews to talk to investigators today? Several reporters are talking about this. Was it on TV? I saw nothing on Richardson Police Department FB page about it. I imagine if they had called her or talked to her (previous) attorney in order for him to relay the message to her, I don't imagine they would be referring to it as a PUBLIC plea.

I had preemie twins and one had IUGR and feeding difficulties. I was waking her up for high calorie toddler formula through age 3. I was to wake up and offer once in the night and offer if she woke up in the night. Our Dr was specific to only offer offer and don’t ever force. Also always in the bedroom or maybe down stairs if she woke crying as I had 5 kids 4 and under with a husband who didn’t usually help and travelled a lot. Garage is just messed up and so is outside. Also I mostly did 5 kids in 4.5 years solo and exhausted is not an excuse for abuse. A couple times - I got frustrated and overwhelmed and put the child in the crib and went to the bathroom to cry and calm down and them carry on. That is what you do- leave the child in a safe home lace and calm down yourself!

Bless your heart!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member