Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an observation of the mugshot. It appears as though while WM shaved likely for court yesterday, that he is wearing a towel, which would indicate to me (based on experience from friends/family who have been arrested) that he is likely on suicide watch. I know many of us did speculate he may try and do that before being arrested, so I think that towel may be a sign of that. Just my opinion and I am not in Texas to know if that is a standard procedure there, but here if you are suicidal in custody they basically strip you of all of your clothes and give you a gown to wear that is made of a fabric that is almost impossible to tear or knot, they even remove your underwear. If you get a blanket it is made of the same material as the gown. Just seems odd that he is wearing a towel instead of a tshirt, unless they have him on suicide watch and were trying to be discreet. JMO
attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/MariaGuerr...024189173698/1043024189173698/?type=3&theater

Attachments

• new mugshot.jpg
    new mugshot.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,175
I don’t think this will be the last of WM’s ‘version of events’,I think we might have another tweaking of the story once the autopsy results are back
MOO

Was the garage a normal place for these "feedings" in the wee hours of the morning? Because why?

Possibly a regular punishment. He probably put her out there as punishment for not drinking her milk. She was screaming and crying out there and he flipped out and choked her.

"Why are you asking for milk?? And now you won't drink it! After all we have done for you??! Rescuing you from an orphanage! Ungrateful brat! Go out into the garage."

ARRRRRGH!

Total speculation. MOO.

If he wasn't doing anything wrong and it truly was an accident he would have woken his wife AND called 911 while Mom gave first aid. If this poor baby did choke, he forced her to choke until she died and then dumped her tiny body like trash. I don't want her body turned over to anyone in that family. Send her back to her caregivers at the orphanage she was at in India. In all the adoption stories I have seen, these women truly love these little ones and care for them as much as humanly possible. Financial issues make it hard to give adequate care to all of them, but they do their best. It may be the only real love Sherin had ever known.

Bringing forward Wesley arrest affidavit
attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled 2.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • 439BAAD3-078B-4D99-9349-205AAD2512DC.jpg
    439BAAD3-078B-4D99-9349-205AAD2512DC.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 5E36528C-4644-4784-AB95-52DEFA6DFB8F.jpg
    5E36528C-4644-4784-AB95-52DEFA6DFB8F.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 0C5CA164-AB8A-4555-AED1-DB031FEDA5A7.jpg
    0C5CA164-AB8A-4555-AED1-DB031FEDA5A7.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 157
  • E0ED3079-FC64-480E-A375-CE6D60A56223.jpg
    E0ED3079-FC64-480E-A375-CE6D60A56223.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 770
From Peppery's post in the last thread:

When someone is choking with a completely blocked airway, no oxygen can enter the lungs. The brain is extremely sensitive to this lack of oxygen and begins to die within four to six minutes. It is during this time that first aid must take place. Irreversible brain death occurs in as little as 10 minutes.

https://www.emedicinehealth.com/scri...ticlekey=58773

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...chardson-7-Oct-2017-4&p=13712541#post13712541

Four to ten minutes of suffocation. To the dying child that's an eternity. Try counting that down or even sitting still for that amount of time - the clock drags and drags. But it's plenty of time for a panicked parent to get help. What the hell was he doing in the garage in the first place? JMO but his story stinks.

IMO if there wasn't sexual abuse going on (and the ME may not be able to tell either way at this point) then we might consider that he didn't want to alert his wife; perhaps they disagreed on middle of the night feedings or forcing Sherin to eat/drink when she didn't want to. Maybe we'll never know.

Also, again JMOO, if WM was abusing Sini I don't think he would have hesitated to wake her up to help him "clean up the mess." So while there's no evidence at this time that she is involved I think there's also no evidence that she was abused. MOO.

Will he be put in solitary confinement from other inmates since he charged with a crime against a child? Do they allow that in Texas?

Just an observation of the mugshot. It appears as though while WM shaved likely for court yesterday, that he is wearing a towel, which would indicate to me (based on experience from friends/family who have been arrested) that he is likely on suicide watch. I know many of us did speculate he may try and do that before being arrested, so I think that towel may be a sign of that. Just my opinion and I am not in Texas to know if that is a standard procedure there, but here if you are suicidal in custody they basically strip you of all of your clothes and give you a gown to wear that is made of a fabric that is almost impossible to tear or knot, they even remove your underwear. If you get a blanket it is made of the same material as the gown. Just seems odd that he is wearing a towel instead of a tshirt, unless they have him on suicide watch and were trying to be discreet. JMO
attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/MariaGuerr...024189173698/1043024189173698/?type=3&theater

Someone mentioned on previous thread with first mugshot that everyone gets the towel for the pics.

From personal experience, I believe it's completely plausible that Sherin could have choked on her milk.

One of my kids had reflux (which is rather common in young kids) and for the few first years of his life, sometimes, almost as soon as milk would go in his mouth and down his throat, it would come right back up into his throat where he'd have to re-swallow it (TMI, sorry). If Sherin had any sort of compromised swallowing ability, I could see how choking could take place, particularly if she was a little groggy due to the hour.

I remember one time, I was giving my kids a snack at our breakfast bar. I was standing on one side, they were on the other side, but they were facing me, just 1.5 feet away. I was looking down reading a recipe when I noticed it was awfully quiet. I looked up and my son was clearly choking, not making a single sound, not flailing, just a look of sheer panic, eyes bugged out. Thankfully, I was standing right there and no damage was done, but I was shaking like a leaf afterwards because it so easily could have been an unthinkable tragedy.

All this to say, while I believe without a doubt Sherin could have had a choking incident that led to her death... it's WS's ongoing softshoe performance that I cannot reconcile in my mind. I get that people respond to trauma or panic in different ways... but 'cmon! I would be more inclined to believe that she choked and WS saw a prime opportunity. Hence, the lack of thoughtful planning on his part...

MY OPINION ONLY

Yes, but a child choking should not be fatal. Anyone with even the most basic first aid knowledge should be able to handle that situation, and if not in most cases paramedics should be able to arrive in time to handle it.

that he is wearing a towel, which would indicate to me (based on experience from friends/family who have been arrested) that he is likely on suicide watch.

The towel is a local thing that some PDs and county jails do so that when showing mugshots to witnesses, they don't get hung up on clothing color. Like they witnessed a guy in a red shirt rob someone, so when looking at a line up of mugshots they pick the guy in the red shirt because that is what they remember about the guy, even though its two weeks later and the guy was arrested wearing a black shirt and the guy in the red shirt is innocent.

In a lot of Texas counties it is standard for all people to be photographed for mugshots with a towel.
attachment.php

In a lot of Texas counties it is standard for all people to be photographed for mugshots with a towel.

I just image searched "texas mugshots towel" and yes, there are a lot of people with towels draped over them like this. Weird. But damn, it's depressing to see all those faces so I'm not sure I can recommend that particular search.

And I found this:
Collin County will no longer drape inmates with towels for mugshots

For more than 20 years, the county's detention facility has taken mug shots of inmates with a towel draped around their necks. The idea was that victims making identifications would then focus on faces and not be influenced by other factors.

RiceCasparr you posted this in the previous thread...

I didn't catch the eventually part before you said it... you are absolutely right. WTH is this? .... His wife is a damn nurse fgs, why the hell wasn't he shouting for her help.

Yes this!!! "She was coughing and her breathing slowed," the warrant reads. "Eventually, Wesley Mathews no longer felt a pulse on the child and believed she had died." . What?! This was no accident.

AM I the only that just scrolls past his picture. I can't even bare to look at him. I can only imagine how long his nose must be by now!!! JMO

Yes this!!! Her pulse slowed down until it was gone. What?! This was no accident.

So did he just sit there beside her calmly with his hand on her wrist or on her jugular waiting for the pulse to grow so faint that there was no life left?

I KNOW kids can and do die from drowning, secondary drowning, and even choking on food items, even older kids. I have taken enough CPR to be rather confident in the knowledge that choking does occur and can be fatal rather quickly. But, filling in the blanks with this heart beat is so sad, I just can't even imagine her unable to breathe, doe eyed and panicked, looking up at her "daddy" for help and him basically just sitting there checking her pulse... He had 5 cell phones, sure one of them was charged enough to call 911... He had three cars, surely one of them would have been able to make the short few mile drive to the hospital with a frantic parent running in holding a child screaming "she is choking and can't breathe and I didn't know what to do"... yet, he knew to check for her pulse...

I don’t think this will be the last of WM’s ‘version of events’,I think we might have another tweaking of the story once the autopsy results are back
MOO
Theres more going on. Feedings dont take place in garages.

attachment.php

The towel is standard procedure in some counties in Texas. It has nothing to do with suicide watch.

Ok, I didn't buy his coyote story, and I don't buy this one. Who drinks milk at 3 in the morning? Who drinks milk at 3 in the morning in a garage? And if by some chance she did choke on her milk, why did he not call 911 (and his wife), and why was his first instinct to hide her little body? ..... What was he doing to her in that garage that he was so quick to cover up? Scum.

And let's not forget his first story was a lie, so this one probably is too. Why lie if it was an accident?

So did he just sit there beside her calmly with his hand on her wrist or on her jugular waiting for the pulse to grow so faint that there was no life left?

I KNOW kids can and do die from drowning, secondary drowning, and even choking on food items, even older kids. I have taken enough CPR to be rather confident in the knowledge that choking does occur and can be fatal rather quickly. But, filling in the blanks with this heart beat is so sad, I just can't even imagine her unable to breathe, doe eyed and panicked, looking up at her "daddy" for help and him basically just sitting there checking her pulse... He had 5 cell phones, sure one of them was charged enough to call 911... He had three cars, surely one of them would have been able to make the short few mile drive to the hospital with a frantic parent running in holding a child screaming "she is choking and can't breathe and I didn't know what to do"... yet, he knew to check for her pulse...

Exactly!! He basically is saying he monitored her vitals as he watched her die. Then, even after she died, still didn't call 911 but instead, disposed of her body and waited ~2 weeks to come out with this new story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro