Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go after her? Excuse me, but these two stories are vastly different , and I would expect the background they need would be as well. I mean, first I imagine they asked her about what was normal punishment for Sherin, based on the crazy tree story. But now we have the garage.

You don't think she should answer questions about the garage that her little girl died in? Really? OK. But I, and it seems most of the rest of the world, think she should.

It's her right to plead the 5th, but it makes her look guilty as hell.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I 100% agree that she has the right to plea the 5th. I also agree, that it makes her look guilty as Hell. I cannot see not cooperating with LE though. I would be cooperating to the Nth degree, to ensure that that man, gets the harshest sentence possible.

She is alone now, one daughter has been found deceased, and her husband has been charged with causing the death of their daughter, and her other daughter has been removed from her care. If I were in her shoes, I'd want a lawyer with me, but I feel that I'd be focused on helping LE as much as possible, so that WM would never be released from prison, and her 4 y/o could be returned to her.

I think that the lawyer's PR is coming on the heels of WM's completely new story. Now the news is asking different questions.

ITA! These are not the actions of a devoted loving parent who has a child who has had a genuine accident.

Loving parents who have children who have had a genuine accident seeks help immediately praying the child can be saved.

His ACTIONS are what murderers do!

IMO

I totally agree. Who on earth makes an accidental death look like a murder? I asked myself this question so many times during the Caylee Anthony case.

We also run a white noise machine and I might sleep through also. When my boys were young probably not as I slept listening out if they need me during the night.

this^^^---When a mom has very small children, she will hear noises in the night and wake up, because it is innate and natural to do so.

I have a hard time believing that a nurse in a pediatric hospital, wouldn't be attuned to the care of her two very young daughters, in the middle of the night.

My husband would sometimes be the one to get up in the middle of the night, if one of our kids cried or got up for some reason---but even if he got up and took care of it, I still kind of had one eye open---because I was Mom.

I can't imagine my husband getting up at 3 am, to get some milk for my 3 yr old, and I would not notice that he took her into the garage, did laundry, took the car for a spin, and returned home at dawn....:no:

While I agree it's stooping low, I don't think people are ready to rally around the mom for a couple of reasons....one big one being that Richardson police are having to ask her in a very public method to speak to them. I know for me, if I've lost one child, my other one is taken away from me, my husband is guilty of heinous crimes...at that point, I would feel like I have nothing left to lose by talking to the police and I know the few people I have talked to who are local to the area feel the same way. It's hard to have sympathy for someone when you feel their actions may be hindering an investigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her Attorney has stated that already. He didn't say she won't be, just not at this time.
Yeah well Time is of the essence when it comes your own daughter being murdered.
The police working hard for Baby Sherin need all the info, and help they can get.
The silence is deafening. Especially when you concider a children's nurse, for a childrens hospital should be depended on to be an advocate for a child, especially one who has been murdered. A vulnerable innocent child.

Haha I have four daughters. Seems l only know Disney facts any more!

OT/ OK good, which one was ELSA, because my 3 yr old grand daughter asked me for an ELSA doll for Christmas. Is she the blonde one or the brunette one from Frozen?

OT/ OK good, which one was ELSA, because my 3 yr old grand daughter asked me for an ELSA doll for Christmas. Is she the blonde one or the brunette one from Frozen?

Blonde - she is the queen. Blue dress :)

Absolutely. I can't recall another like this either. I'm sure there is one, but I even did a couple of Google searches and couldn't turn anything up.

This isn't extremely relevant but I have to tell you vmmking I was discussing Sherin's case last week with a co-worker. She said I gave her chills because it's just like a book she recently read. I asked her what it was, I recall it being titled "The Good Neighbor". At the time she wouldn't tell me the whole story of the book in case I wanted to read it. Monday after Sherin was found I asked her to please tell me. She said it was very similar a little girl was missing after her parents went next door to a neighbors for a dinner party and took the monitor with them. Long story short the parents ran into some money troubles. The father-in-law (?) devised a kidnapping scenario but it got botched. I just found it weird how she said the story was so similar.

The upside for her is assisting in putting and keeping her child's killer behind bars and far away from her surviving daughter and all children.

AFAIK, we have no knowledge of the questions asked by LE nor the answers they were given.

He already admitted to crimes that can land him in prison for up to 99 years. If people want to believe that mom said "I was asleep" and they didn't grill her for information about the normal routines in the house, fine. But, it doesn't work like that.

this^^^---When a mom has very small children, she will hear noises in the night and wake up, because it is innate and natural to do so.

I have a hard time believing that a nurse in a pediatric hospital, wouldn't be attuned to the care of her two very young daughters, in the middle of the night.

My husband would sometimes be the one to get up in the middle of the night, if one of our kids cried or got up for some reason---but even if he got up and took care of it, I still kind of had one eye open---because I was Mom.

I can't imagine my husband getting up at 3 am, to get some milk for my 3 yr old, and I would not notice that he took her into the garage, did laundry, took the car for a spin, and returned home at dawn....:no:

I am not advocating for or against mom here, but I sleep like the dead when my husband is home. He works a job where he is gone for very extended periods of time. He met our son when he was 9 months old, as an example. We have two under 3, soon to be 3 under 4. Closely spaced kids with sleep issues are exhausting, to put it lightly.
When he is away, I wake up constantly. I hear everything. I hear “phantom cries” and I wake up. When he is home, I’ve been known to not wake up when our son is literally crying in our bed and hub gets up with him, takes him downstairs screaming for an hour, then comes back, and we do not have a big soundproof home. Granted, I’m pregnant and often run an extreme sleep deficit and trust my hub completely, but I don’t find her sleeping through them getting up completely implausible, as I don’t know their situation with sleep. Just saying, it’s possible to sleep through a lot when you’re exhausted and trust your partner, even if you’re a mom.

That book is The Couple Next Door. You can skip it; it is terrible.

I do wish we had an attorney available to address this question. Because I don't know that it is at all bizarre from the standpoint of legal considerations. But I am not an attorney.

Calling SBHack & gitana on this one... (if I remembered correctly!)

"Kumari remembers that Wesley was in touch with her first. Sini and Wesley came to see Saraswati in mid 2015. "The father and mother came to Nalanda to see Saraswati.*Bahut acche the*(They were very nice). They seemed like decent people."

"The mother could not speak Hindi and only spoke English, but the father communicated with me. They seemed like a good family."

After they left, and the adoption was still being finalised, Wesley would call and ask Kumari to put Saraswati on the phone so he could hear her charming baby talk."

Quote is from the second article.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

So she used to be able to talk? I wonder why she stopped?

Maybe it was the language barrier and she needed time to catch up. But if so, then she was not a 'special needs' child at all.

Maybe it was the language barrier and she needed time to catch up. But if so, then she was not a 'special needs' child at all.

I don't think she was at all. It definitely seems like more of a language thing than a learning thing. Church members said she was very bright and sang songs. I imagine it was just a transition thing.

I am not advocating for or against mom here, but I sleep like the dead when my husband is home. He works a job where he is gone for very extended periods of time. He met our son when he was 9 months old, as an example. We have two under 3, soon to be 3 under 4. Closely spaced kids with sleep issues are exhausting, to put it lightly.
When he is away, I wake up constantly. I hear everything. I hear “phantom cries” and I wake up. When he is home, I’ve been known to not wake up when our son is literally crying in our bed and hub gets up with him, takes him downstairs screaming for an hour, then comes back, and we do not have a big soundproof home. Granted, I’m pregnant and often run an extreme sleep deficit and trust my hub completely, but I don’t find her sleeping through them getting up completely implausible, as I don’t know their situation with sleep. Just saying, it’s possible to sleep through a lot when you’re exhausted and trust your partner, even if you’re a mom.

I totally understand why you'd take the opportunity to sleep while hubby is home with you. Makes sense, because as you say, you totally trust him.

So we can assume, most likely, that your hubs has never put one of your kids out in the alley at 3 am for not drinking their milk? :wink:

Did SM have the same trust in her husband? Had he never done anything too strict or severe? I really wonder because his initial story is so bizarre that it seems like he must have thought it was normal?

And only WM could speak the language...

CPS will be taking all of SM's actions, or lack of, into consideration when making their decision about the custody of the biological child. CPS, in the New England state I reside in, expects parents to fully cooperate/comply with LE investigations and or requests.

The only thing taken into account in parental rights situations is the best interests of the child. That is the standard and that is it.

He already admitted to crimes that can land him in prison for up to 99 years. If people want to believe that mom said "I was asleep" and they didn't grill her for information about the normal routines in the house, fine. But, it doesn't work like that.
It doesn't work like that, either, that during an initial interview they would be prescient enough to surmise what the next tooth fairy story might be and therefore have known to ask all the relevant background questions necessary to determine what parts of said tooth fairy story may or may not be true.

Only SM (and WM) know whether or not SM actually has any useful information for investigators beyond what she has already told them. WM's story changed; that doesn't mean SM's did.

Families' of victims react in different ways. Some want to see perpetrators get the max penalty. Some wind up asking judges to spare the perpetrator the death penalty. Some find it healing to ultimately forgive. I can't imagine it, myself, but it happens. And that's without the messy emotions of a pre-existing relationship with the killer. In this case, I'm not assuming SM wouldn't want WM to be punished severely. But that doesn't mean the extent of his punishment is or needs to be a priority of hers at the moment. The prospect of their surviving daughter being in any danger from him is far-fetched, IMO. Right now, it is doubtful whether or not she is going to get custody back anytime soon. Even if WM were released on bail pending trial and received a relatively light sentence, the chances that he's going to have any unsupervised contact with that young child while she is still a young child seems slim to nil.

So, assuming that SM feels she has little to add, the calculations go something like this.

In favor of talking to LE:
She may make it marginally easier for investigators to build a case against a man who has already essentially confessed to a charge likely to put him in prison for some time.

Against it:
If LE is suspicious of her, they might use some minor inconsistency on her part as pretext to charge her.
It forces her to relive the grief and pain.
It takes her attention away from other, extremely pressing matters, like regaining custody of her surviving daughter, or at least arranging a better placement for her in the interim.

Whether or not this is actually what is going on in SM's mind is anyone's guess. But, at least in theory, I could see a loving mother refusing to cooperate further under these circumstances. Recently, I was interviewed by LE as part of a routine background check for a close childhood friend who had applied for high-level security clearance. This was an unemotional situation; in fact, it involved a good thing. I was still surprised at how long it took and how many tedious, repetitive questions they asked (things like "what kinds of activities did you like doing together when you were children" and verifying precisely how often, on average, we had contact with one another at each point in our lives). I can only imagine what it would be like to be an innocent person being questioned by suspicious investigators under such horrific circumstances.

Yep! Mommy Ears!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Agreed. If I know I may be needed, I wake easily and/or have trouble sleeping. But I can sleep harder if I have the confidence that someone else can handle whatever it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member