Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a senario could go like this.

Sherin likes to go out to eat but won't drink her milk before going. Family is getting angry and decides to leave her at home to teach her a lesson. You don't drink your milk you can't come. Of coarse they didn't Bring her food home. This was a punishment. Abandoning a child who very likely already has abandonment issues and withholding food she wants to eat.

Come home and she still has not drank the milk and will not. They are in a power struggle over milk. Sounds silly to type it. But dealing with a child with possible rad and feeding issues has taking the family to the edge.

Maybe sherin is put to bed without dinner or milk. She gets up at 3 am hungry and is physically assisted with drinking the milk this time.

Just noticed why why posted something similar while I was typing.
You take the child and the dang drink with you to dinner!
The father stated she liked to eat OUTSIDE the home.
I don't believe for one second this was the first time she was left behind.

Who wouldn't pitch a fit when everyone is leaving you behind -at night no less!

Giving a toddler a protein drink before a meal would kill her appetite. Anyone with any experience with children knows this. For an RN? It is a premeditated act to deny the baby access to food.

This RN pisses me off!
I don't care what capacity she worked in at her How past job.

She went through clinicals, she took child growth and development.
This "RN" treated this angel more like a pet (sub human) than a person.
I expect her nursing license to be revoked shortly.

I also want to add I fully expect that we will find out that the ADOPTIVE MOTHER/RN had a hand in "padding" the papers submitted to the adoption agency follow up reports.
That was the job she had for the children's hospital. She had many contacts who I am sure had full confidence in her and trusted her word.

That is yet to be seen.

This was her job description :
Description:*Position Summary-Full time-Need PICU experience*
The Case Manager utilizes advanced nursing skills and knowledge of resource management and fiscal responsibility to coordinate the clinical care for a designated patient population across the continuum of care. The responsibilities include but are not limited to clinical effectiveness, discharge planning, care coordination, clinical resource management and core measure documentation. The Case Manager interacts with Medical, Nursing and Ancillary staff to facilitate quality based, cost effective patient outcomes and ensure care is provided in the most appropriate setting.*

MORE AT LINK
https://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=731b2d406240d2c7&from=serp

MOO

This may seem random or insignificant at the moment given what has come to light today re: mom's involvement, but I wonder if Sherin was lactose intolerant.

A light just went on in my head! When we adopted internationally we were told to use a soy based formula for sensitive stomaches. It took a year before we started introducing milk. We still have issues with certain foods because of texture after 4 years. Good point you made!

I can't excuse her behavior.
While the new information and charges that followed do not disprove Sinis account that she was sleeping at the time of Sherin's death, there also have not been any charges or information that indicates that Sini was in an abusive marriage.

Both of their cell phone records placed them in Garland that evening.....she had a cell phone. She could have texted a friend/relative/coworker/fellow church member to go to the house and check on Sherin, pick up Sherin or even just to keep an eye on the house from the outside if she was truly worried and felt forced to leave her against her better judgement. She didn't do that. Why?
Either she also didn't have a problem with leaving Sherin alone or as others have mentioned as a possibility, Sherin was already dead.....and she was dining out with her husband and other daughter. Nice!

Where are you finding any evidence that she was being controlled? I don't think we have evidence yet of who was the controlling one.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Probably in the same places that show evidence little Sherin was sexually abused, dead before they left for the restaurant, etc.
Which is to say...none. georgiajean stated that it was all her opinion, just as the other 'guesses' here are opinion.
The bottom line is...we just don't know. We can all spin scenarios in our mind of what the day to day life of this child was, or if the mother was involved in the actual death or disposal of body, if the mother is a victim of controlling behavior, etc. but until official word comes out, that is all we can do is GUESS.

While the new information and charges that followed do not disprove Sinis account that she was sleeping at the time of Sherin's death, there also have not been any charges or information that indicates that Sini was in an abusive marriage.

Both of their cell phone records placed them in Garland that evening.....she had a cell phone. She could have texted a friend/relative/coworker/fellow church member to go to the house and check on Sherin, pick up Sherin or even just to keep an eye on the house from the outside if she was truly worried and felt forced to leave her against her better judgement. She didn't do that. Why?
Either she also didn't have a problem with leaving Sherin alone or as others have mentioned as a possibility, Sherin was already dead.....and she was dining out with her husband and other daughter. Nice!

I can't either MissMalowe.

I don't believe any abused wife, controlled wife bs. That's all it is to me now, bs. She can take her sorry little self and sit in that prison for the rest of her sorry life and never see her beautiful child ever again. That's all she deserves.

We have lost a child in our family and we fought and fought for her to be with us and not them so I understand this whole situation far too much. The biological child needs to be kept away from any situation in which she could have the smallest amount of interaction with SM or WM. CPS failed our family and we lost our Carly. I hope things end differently for Sherin's sister.

My thoughts on the dynamics of the marriage and the culpability of each of them is complicated.

I don't want to fall into either of these two traps. I don't want to view Sini as worse/be harder on her than WM because she is a woman and automatically expected to be more nurturing than the man, and therefore should be morally superior. And I also don't want to automatically give her a break based on the assumption that she was controlled in this relationship (which smacks of women being of the weaker sex) based on no evidence.

I am trying to look at each as individuals who made independent decisions until I see evidence that either one was coerced. Neither of them are catching a break from me, and neither of them are less a monster than the other in my mind at this moment based on what we currently know.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well said! I feel the same.

From everything I have read so far it looks as though Sherin died before they went out for dinner. They probably went out for dinner because their bio daughter would have seen Sherin dead if she had used the kitchen. I personally think poor little Sherin was beaten to death in the kitchen.

What bothers me is why they couldn't come up with a more believable lie about what really happened. This case is so frustrating and heartbreaking.

It will be interesting when we learn all the places the cadaver dogs hit on.

This B should have zero say in where any children go ever period.

I kind of think WM is so adamant that their bio daughter is returned to his wife because I think he's afraid his bio daughter will say something. I bet that poor little girl witnessed something that they don't want anyone to know about.

I kind of think WM is so adamant that their bio daughter is returned to his wife because I think he's afraid his bio daughter will say something. I bet that poor little girl witnessed something that they don't want anyone to know about.

I get the impression he doesn't want her to have the older child. The first court date was moved because he asked for more time citing he didn't have a family lawyer. A few hours later, he went into the PD with his attorney and gave a statement that included the dinner that had been previously mentioned when Sherin first went missing, but elaborated with the fact that the "family" dinner did not include Sherin as she was left home alone AND that Sini left the home willingly. That does NOT sound like a man who is fighting for his child to be given back to her mother. He purposely did what he could to slow down the process in court and then within a few hours re-incriminated himself in order to show that Sini abandoned Sherin during dinner.

JMO

Such a nice post, I just had to :bump: it back up :)

& Yes, thank you, Grouchymom. Your insights have been invaluable.

aw shucks guys you are gonna make me cry. Love ya, even when we don’t agree I still love ya. :takeabow::tyou::loveyou:

Speaking of the bio daughter, I was looking at some youtube vids and pics of Sherin with her sister. It looks like they were quite the little pals. I'm glad that Sherin did get some affection. I agree the sister will probably have some very revealing comments. Children, even at 3 or 4, understand a LOT more than people give them credit for.

I get the impression he doesn't want her to have the older child. The first court date was moved because he asked for more time citing he didn't have a family lawyer. A few hours later, he went into the PD with his attorney and gave a statement that included the dinner that had been previously mentioned when Sherin first went missing, but elaborated with the fact that the "family" dinner did not include Sherin as she was left home alone AND that Sini left the home willingly. That does NOT sound like a man who is fighting for his child to be given back to her mother. He purposely did what he could to slow down the process in court and then within a few hours re-incriminated himself in order to show that Sini abandoned Sherin during dinner.

JMO

I agree and it almost seems like he’s starting to tell on his wife... I have the feeling she was way more involved and this arrest... just like her husband is a good start to a strong case and stronger charges. LE hasn’t said much... leads me to believe they know a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too thought initial reporting mentioned the sister being with another family for the night. But then again RPD also might have been stating the version of events given by the Mathews' at that time.

Could someone please help out with the reporting related to the whereabouts of the sister on Oct 6th night ?

I just sent a message to Maria Guerro asking about this cuz I gave myself a headache trying to find the statement.

And I'd bet dollars to donuts that they have never left their bio daughter home alone as a punishment.

Glad to see the discussion on Sini's looks and the fact others noticed it too. Last night I wrote a post on this fact, but decided I would get so many apples thrown at me, I didn't post it.

After watching the arraignment video, my thoughts were she was favoring her culture where men are the head of the house and not to be disagreed with. Whatever he says, one does. To me, this is control and having been raised in this manner, Sini would not speak out about her husband.

Being a nurse was a different world where she did speak up and did well in her job. Like we always hear, the plumber fixes everyone's plumbing problems but his house has major plumbing issues. The same may apply to Sini. She knew the boundaries and did not cross them.

I am not defending her. If she had a hand in the crime, may she serve the max sentence. In her mind, she may have been so frightened of WM for such a long time, she lived in a fog, walking on egg shells afraid of making the wrong move.

Time will tell. The autopsy will speak volumes.

As someone who was abused and brainwashed and understands how Stockholm syndrome can work even when the person is allowed outside contact, I tend to agree with you. It is sooo hard to rationally justify her not protecting Sherin, but as a mama who was in a very bad relationship for five years and escaped with her life and kids and nothing else, and no one knowing beyond a bit of suspicion, I really can understand the irrational thought patterns that a DV victim has. Fear is such an amazing control factor and no matter what your spouse/captor says, you tend to believe it, because he has followed through with all the other punishments before, so why would you be safe in leaving him or standing up against the bigger things? For me it was Biblical brainwashing, physical punishments as a reminder of "a woman's place", it was the threat that if I tried to leave he would not only kill me, he would kill the kids in front of me first, he would hunt me down, no one would believe me over him etc. AND, given the fact he had 14+ charges of aggravated rape, forcible confinement over a period of 5 years and then a handful of other charges, and he was able to plea down to 90 days time served (180 days but you get 2 for 1 if served before sentencing here). There was NO protection from the justice system. LE has been wonderful with me over the years, but there was absolutely no justice. He was right, the son of a Minister wouldn't get anything but a slap on the wrist. CPS knew I wasn't lying, LE knew I wasn't lying etc but the courts slapped me in the face, didn't even have victim services contact me. So I can COMPLETELY see people in abusive and even life threatening situations stay, because sooo often the abuser is given a mere slap on the wrist and unfortunately a restraining order is only helpful when it has been broken... Sometimes the fear of all those threats is enough to make you stay. The fear of the unknown is scarier than the evil you do know. So, if Sini was also a victim, I get it. If she was a victim I have no doubt that she did everything she THOUGHT she could do. Regardless of whether or not it actually was everything.

The look on her face to IMO is detachment. I imagine I looked much the same after escape while sitting in the interview room. Wondering what on earth is going to happen, why I failed so badly, if I am safe, if I will ever feel safe again and so on. I never cried in telling what happened, not while going through the gory details, not while talking about my children, none of it. That was saved for when I could be vulnerable, laying in bed crying, the nightmares, the anxiety of leaving the house afterwards etc. But, at the hospital, at the PD, I was just going through the motions and understanding none of it.

FWIW I hope she is NOT a victim because no one should be victimized to the point their child dies and they felt helpless to stop it. Unfortunately, it does happen. Not everyone is strong enough to get out in time, not everyone expects things to escalate to this level. Fearfully sitting in your bedroom while he does god knows what isn't condoning the actions, it also doesn't mean you know what is actually going on. You know you were told to sit or go to sleep or there would be punishment and fear keeps you paralyzed to your place.

Again, I hope this isn't the case for Sini, but it could be. We simply don't know. We also have not been told that she was awake when Sherin allegedly died. Her leaving Sherin to go to dinner, if Sherin was alive, doesn't mean she had anything to do with Sherin's death. She failed to protect her, but it doesn't mean she wasn't trying to protect her in the only ways she knew how.

At this point the charges don't reflect that she caused injury to Sherin. They don't say she was an accomplice to whatever occurred in causing her death. As more evidence comes out, and more charges are laid, we will get a better idea, but right now, FOR ME, the charges don't say she was anything more than a woman who was told to leave the child and she did.

JMO and experience .

Thank you for being so open about your experiences. I think it is often difficult, from the outside, to understand all the factors that go into people, our perceptions and our choices. I recently read one of Jaycee Dugard's books. There was a point in her life in captivity that she had opportunities to walk away. But she could not. She had no ability to conceptualize that anyone was available to help her, or that her family still existed and wanted her back.

I am not suggesting anything specific with regard to Sini Mathews, simply acknowledging that the logic of the world does not exist within certain extreme situations. It's like trying to understand the choices of addicts. They make perfect sense within the context of addiction,but are completely baffling anywhere else.

The case that keeps coming to mind is one I don't know a lot about (mostly the way it was portrayed when Law&Order ripped it from the headlines). But, it was in New York, involved adoption and a doctor and his wife. The child was abused to death and apparently the mother was severely abused as well. Drugs use/addiction may have played a role. The piece that keeps coming up was that the child was beaten and then left to lie, perhaps in a pool of vomit? The father is reported to have said he would check on her later. Strikes me as not so much evil/cruel as detached from reality. Makes me wonder about exactly the status of both Sherin and the adults when they left home, returned home and ultimately took action.

Thank you for being so open about your experiences. I think it is often difficult, from the outside, to understand all the factors that go into people, our perceptions and our choices. I recently read one of Jaycee Dugard's books. There was a point in her life in captivity that she had opportunities to walk away. But she could not. She had no ability to conceptualize that anyone was available to help her, or that her family still existed and wanted her back.

I am not suggesting anything specific with regard to Sini Mathews, simply acknowledging that the logic of the world does not exist within certain extreme situations. It's like trying to understand the choices of addicts. They make perfect sense within the context of addiction,but are completely baffling anywhere else.

The case that keeps coming to mind is one I don't know a lot about (mostly the way it was portrayed when Law&Order ripped it from the headlines). But, it was in New York, involved adoption and a doctor and his wife. The child was abused to death and apparently the mother was severely abused as well. Drugs use/addiction may have played a role. The piece that keeps coming up was that the child was beaten and then left to lie, perhaps in a pool of vomit? The father is reported to have said he would check on her later. Strikes me as not so much evil/cruel as detached from reality. Makes me wonder about exactly the status of both Sherin and the adults when they left home, returned home and ultimately took action.
Joel Steinberg and Hedda Nussbam The little girl was Lisa Steinberg. I remember the story well.

Probably in the same places that show evidence little Sherin was sexually abused, dead before they left for the restaurant, etc.
Which is to say...none. georgiajean stated that it was all her opinion, just as the other 'guesses' here are opinion.
The bottom line is...we just don't know. We can all spin scenarios in our mind of what the day to day life of this child was, or if the mother was involved in the actual death or disposal of body, if the mother is a victim of controlling behavior, etc. but until official word comes out, that is all we can do is GUESS.

I am with you here...Occam's Razor until more information on COD or other factors comes out. At this point, WM caused the death and SM was negligent, abusive and failed to protect her child from dying. That's a lot right there.

I am of the mind that there actually should be a couple of supervised visits between parents and bio daughter, because bio daughter must be completely freaked out now. She should be eased out of the relationship with her parents and eased into a new family, and hopefully not relatives who would continue her relationship with the parents in some way. When she is old enough, she can seek out the parents and give herself some closure if she wants to.

Joel Steinberg and Hedda Nussbam The little girl was Lisa Steinberg. I remember the story well.
Yes. His trial was big news in January of 1989. I know this because I have the front page of the news in my son's baby book and the trial was going on at that time.
So sad, it breaks my heart every time I look at his baby book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webgirl60