Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #7 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have grandchildren. One is 4 y/o. When we go out to dinner with the grands, it's always a kid-friendly restaurant.
I can't ever remember having a 90 minute meal at a restaurant with the the youngest grandchild.

I have no sympathy for SM; my hinky meter was off the charts on her from the get-go. I too had posts deleted regarding her. No decent - or half decent, even - parent leaves a toddler alone to go out to dinner!

I have a 3-year old who is a literal nightmare at restaurants. Just last week my mom invited my siblings and I and our families out to a nice restaurant, her treat. I declined, and instead cooked a meal for 14, cleaned up after said meal, AND had to listen to my mother's latest 2 hour story about the feral cats in the woods. All that to avoid taking my toddler to a restaurant. And it was totally worth it considering my last attempt at eating out resulted in 2 broken glasses and the scaling of Mount Cash Register.

It just sickens me that these 2 'parents' did this to that sweet girl. Whether they beat her to death or near-death before their dinner, restrained her in a high chair, or sedated her, one way or another the truth will come out and I hope justice is swift and harsh. Myself being a nurse and mom, IMO SM is a sorry excuse for either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Here is is a stop frame from the WFAA arraignment video. It would make a good dartboard cover or is great in detail including the 3 or so grey hairs she can name for Richardson PD personel. I think if gives the opportunity to take a detailed look at that emotionless stare she has nearly perfected. She could have the assistance if some antidepressants to maintain that look. She didn’t appear to have slept well the first night in her new accommodations. I am hopeful that they have already run through their liquid cash between WM’s bond and all of the attorneys they have collectively had on payroll essentially without income for the last month. Here is a link to the video:
[video]https://youtu.be/VQCVe801utY[/video]

attachment.php

Another link to the arraignment video:
[video]https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y7e1UYVRwhi5VMCxr9fcNEltDXRli68-[/video]

Thanks for the link. She looks terrible. Give her a glass of milk and she'll be fine.

For once I am right about one thing.... her hair DOES look like 💩

:jail: Here is Sini’s New mugshot and booking info from the Dallas County Jail where it was so eloquently reported that “she I’d under the same roof as her husband” I think we need to take up a collection and send her a hairbrush. Again as we saw with WM we have Citizenship None and we await her attorney filing his representation with the court. :jail:

attachment.php
attachment.php

https://www.dallascounty.org/jaillo...ATHEWS&firstName=SINI&sex=Female&race=Unknown

Attachments

• 3C18BC78-F690-46BF-A112-3B2E2B751EE7.jpg
    3C18BC78-F690-46BF-A112-3B2E2B751EE7.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 321
  • D589C43E-C030-4A9D-83F3-5917481B79F7.jpeg
    D589C43E-C030-4A9D-83F3-5917481B79F7.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 319
Where are you finding any evidence that she was being controlled? I don't think we have evidence yet of who was the controlling one.

Just my opinion, from watching her body language, eye movement, and demeanor. Completely my opinion, no evidence other than my observations and my own personal experiences.

My thoughts on the dynamics of the marriage and the culpability of each of them is complicated.

I don't want to fall into either of these two traps. I don't want to view Sini as worse/be harder on her than WM because she is a woman and automatically expected to be more nurturing than the man, and therefore should be morally superior. And I also don't want to automatically give her a break based on the assumption that she was controlled in this relationship (which smacks of women being of the weaker sex) based on no evidence.

I am trying to look at each as individuals who made independent decisions until I see evidence that either one was coerced. Neither of them are catching a break from me, and neither of them are less a monster than the other in my mind at this moment based on what we currently know.

I know I am in the minority here, but my theory now, especially after seeing Sini's deer-in-the-headlights presentation at the hearing yesterday, is that LE wants her to talk, and that's why they finally brought her in. I am guessing that a lot of what people perceive as Sini being cold or unfeeling may be her actually being petrified to do anything. She presents to me as a person who has been living in a highly controlled environment where she could not even sneeze without permission. Yes, she abdicated her parental rights by not taking care of Sherin and allowing what happened to happen. She is responsible for being a part of this horrific situation, for sure. But I don't peg her as the actor in Sherin's death. Instead, I think she was a bystander who is guilty by failing to stop it. It may be that she was "asleep," meaning she had been sent to her room and forbidden to come out. All just my opinion, aAnd I very well may be wrong, and I'll be the first to come here and say so if I am!

Thank you for posting this perception. I think that is a real possibility. I understand people do strange things when someone has been controlled for a long time. The only thing that I don't understand is if that is true, why she didn't start cooperating with investigators when her controller became incarcerated and she had the opportunity to talk with LE and tell them what this horrible man had been doing to her.

Yes, I do know that fear keeps you from doing what you should and I have never been in that scenario before so I don't know what it is like. I just think she had plenty of opportunity to come clean with LE and to me her demeanor is defiance, not fear.......

Also, she could tell her attorney what a controlling husband he was and have some sympathy, but that is not what we have seen here.

Thank you again for your insight.

:jail: Here is Sini’s New mugshot and booking info from the Dallas County Jail where it was so eloquently reported that “she I’d under the same roof as her husband” I think we need to take up a collection and send her a hairbrush. Again as we saw with WM we have Citizenship None and we await her attorney filing his representation with the court. :jail:

attachment.php
attachment.php

https://www.dallascounty.org/jaillo...ATHEWS&firstName=SINI&sex=Female&race=Unknown

Why would her race be listed as unknown? Is she not speaking at all to LE and giving them any information at all? Is this common?

attachment.php
attachment.php

Messy hair aside, I can’t help but notice it appears she has congenital torticollis.

I know I am in the minority here, but my theory now, especially after seeing Sini's deer-in-the-headlights presentation at the hearing yesterday, is that LE wants her to talk, and that's why they finally brought her in. I am guessing that a lot of what people perceive as Sini being cold or unfeeling may be her actually being petrified to do anything. She presents to me as a person who has been living in a highly controlled environment where she could not even sneeze without permission. Yes, she abdicated her parental rights by not taking care of Sherin and allowing what happened to happen. She is responsible for being a part of this horrific situation, for sure. But I don't peg her as the actor in Sherin's death. Instead, I think she was a bystander who is guilty by failing to stop it. It may be that she was "asleep," meaning she had been sent to her room and forbidden to come out. All just my opinion, aAnd I very well may be wrong, and I'll be the first to come here and say so if I am!

As someone who was abused and brainwashed and understands how Stockholm syndrome can work even when the person is allowed outside contact, I tend to agree with you. It is sooo hard to rationally justify her not protecting Sherin, but as a mama who was in a very bad relationship for five years and escaped with her life and kids and nothing else, and no one knowing beyond a bit of suspicion, I really can understand the irrational thought patterns that a DV victim has. Fear is such an amazing control factor and no matter what your spouse/captor says, you tend to believe it, because he has followed through with all the other punishments before, so why would you be safe in leaving him or standing up against the bigger things? For me it was Biblical brainwashing, physical punishments as a reminder of "a woman's place", it was the threat that if I tried to leave he would not only kill me, he would kill the kids in front of me first, he would hunt me down, no one would believe me over him etc. AND, given the fact he had 14+ charges of aggravated rape, forcible confinement over a period of 5 years and then a handful of other charges, and he was able to plea down to 90 days time served (180 days but you get 2 for 1 if served before sentencing here). There was NO protection from the justice system. LE has been wonderful with me over the years, but there was absolutely no justice. He was right, the son of a Minister wouldn't get anything but a slap on the wrist. CPS knew I wasn't lying, LE knew I wasn't lying etc but the courts slapped me in the face, didn't even have victim services contact me. So I can COMPLETELY see people in abusive and even life threatening situations stay, because sooo often the abuser is given a mere slap on the wrist and unfortunately a restraining order is only helpful when it has been broken... Sometimes the fear of all those threats is enough to make you stay. The fear of the unknown is scarier than the evil you do know. So, if Sini was also a victim, I get it. If she was a victim I have no doubt that she did everything she THOUGHT she could do. Regardless of whether or not it actually was everything.

The look on her face to IMO is detachment. I imagine I looked much the same after escape while sitting in the interview room. Wondering what on earth is going to happen, why I failed so badly, if I am safe, if I will ever feel safe again and so on. I never cried in telling what happened, not while going through the gory details, not while talking about my children, none of it. That was saved for when I could be vulnerable, laying in bed crying, the nightmares, the anxiety of leaving the house afterwards etc. But, at the hospital, at the PD, I was just going through the motions and understanding none of it.

FWIW I hope she is NOT a victim because no one should be victimized to the point their child dies and they felt helpless to stop it. Unfortunately, it does happen. Not everyone is strong enough to get out in time, not everyone expects things to escalate to this level. Fearfully sitting in your bedroom while he does god knows what isn't condoning the actions, it also doesn't mean you know what is actually going on. You know you were told to sit or go to sleep or there would be punishment and fear keeps you paralyzed to your place.

Again, I hope this isn't the case for Sini, but it could be. We simply don't know. We also have not been told that she was awake when Sherin allegedly died. Her leaving Sherin to go to dinner, if Sherin was alive, doesn't mean she had anything to do with Sherin's death. She failed to protect her, but it doesn't mean she wasn't trying to protect her in the only ways she knew how.

At this point the charges don't reflect that she caused injury to Sherin. They don't say she was an accomplice to whatever occurred in causing her death. As more evidence comes out, and more charges are laid, we will get a better idea, but right now, FOR ME, the charges don't say she was anything more than a woman who was told to leave the child and she did.

JMO and experience .

WM's booking info at one point (i think it was booking info) had his height and weight listed. I remember he was around 180lbs and fairly tall and this info was a reason why I was wondering if he could fit in the culvert (which via a video I had linked at the time of firefighters going through a tiny tunnel with gear, proved he could), but I don't see anything on Sini. She looks heavy, but that may be how she carries herself, she doesn't look very tall. Just wondering because IF she helped with the body, she may have been the one who went into a culvert. I recall, at some point, someone posted info saying women tend to not bury the child, but leave them above ground more often than not, and generally left with a blanket or other personal item, and men are more likely to bury the child Sherin was tech under ground, but not buried. We don't know what she had with her, but we do know she was fully clothed. Just thinking out loud as to whether or not Sini would have been small enough and strong enough to push or carry dead weight through a culvert. If the body was moved after the fact (which i highly doubt), I can't imagine anyone who isn't a complete sociopath, being able to pick up a baby in that state of decomp and move them. The smell, the bugs, etc. It wouldn't have been the same as laying a child who looked like a bundled up sleeping angel down.

JMO and thinking out loud.

I did!

I knew the whole time. I'm pretty sure I know now what happened to that poor sweet baby,and why Sini hasn't cooperated with the investigation.
I believe the autopsy report will prove my theory right.

I have really looked at the photos of Sini and struggled to determine if what I see is a flat affect or the thousand yard stare. Both have similar roots are difficult to differentiate. Both can be indicative of mental health issues. PTSD is a common cause as is psychoactive medications and/or depression. There are some references to the flat affect with Schizophrenia with disassociation as well. Although the appearance of either can be simply from boredom or an effort to disassociate with ones current surroundings, I fear we may see a mental health defense on the way. As a nurse she would be aware of both as a symptom of certain mental health issues. What concerns me is that it is also in photos taken long before the final incident with Sherin making it difficult to view as an attempt to create a mental health defense.

Even as far back as the photo and video of Sherin’s adoption ceremony. I can not find one single picture of her that I can positively determine is Sini Ann Mathews that shows any degree of emotion. Early on we all heard of people who referred to her as cold or detached. One of the things that can be of assistance in a successful career in the medical field is the ability to “compartmentalize” what they see and experience in the job and not allow it to carry over into their “real” life.

A failure to “compartmentalize” can lead to burnout, depression or a general detachment or withdrawal in all aspects of life. I am wondering if there is a trauma or mental illness in Sini’s past that could be the source of this. I am not necessarily referring to DV or control issues within the marriage although that could be a possible root of the problem, there also exists the possibility it was not related at all to events within the marriage. Asperger’s and Autism both have an increased decrease in affect In some cases as well. It could make bonding with her children difficult if not impossible. She could appear to others as un-invested in the events around her. Not being able to express the social cues necessary to bonding both with her children and those around her.

I am not in anyway making excuses or defending her but merely making an observation as it would not affect her ability to comprehend right from wrong, just to remain detached from the results of her actions or lack thereof.

It is food for thought and could explain that unemotional appearance that is so disturbing to us.

JMHO

Attachments

• 4775637E-8604-48EE-B92F-F3463102BBEB.jpg
    4775637E-8604-48EE-B92F-F3463102BBEB.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 634643C7-380E-4AC5-A464-6A9226168B95.jpeg
    634643C7-380E-4AC5-A464-6A9226168B95.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 87
  • BEECB86D-FC78-48E8-A0A8-C35A52903CE0.jpeg
    BEECB86D-FC78-48E8-A0A8-C35A52903CE0.jpeg
    16.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 18CE1CCA-6D51-4AC8-B719-6C51D17D7F18.jpg
    18CE1CCA-6D51-4AC8-B719-6C51D17D7F18.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 7F8B42D5-FE1F-436A-9AF0-F0DEF1F2AAA3.jpeg
    7F8B42D5-FE1F-436A-9AF0-F0DEF1F2AAA3.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 90
Thank you for posting this perception. I think that is a real possibility. I understand people do strange things when someone has been controlled for a long time. The only thing that I don't understand is if that is true, why she didn't start cooperating with investigators when her controller became incarcerated and she had the opportunity to talk with LE and tell them what this horrible man had been doing to her.

Yes, I do know that fear keeps you from doing what you should and I have never been in that scenario before so I don't know what it is like. I just think she had plenty of opportunity to come clean with LE and to me her demeanor is defiance, not fear.......

Also, she could tell her attorney what a controlling husband he was and have some sympathy, but that is not what we have seen here.

Thank you again for your insight.
No excuses for Sini whatsoever!! However none of us westerners know exactly the norm of the eastern culture that the Matthews were raised in & that culture could have played a significant role in the actions of both. One reason our world is in such a mess today is because different cultures are not always capable of understanding one another. JMO

I have really looked at the photos of Sini and struggled to determine if what I see is a flat affect or the thousand yard stare. Both have similar roots are difficult to differentiate. Both can be indicative of mental health issues. PTSD is a common cause as is psychoactive medications and/or depression. There are some references to the flat affect with Schizophrenia with disassociation as well. Although the appearance of either can be simply from boredom or an effort to disassociate with ones current surroundings, I fear we may see a mental health defense on the way. As a nurse she would be aware of both as a symptom of certain mental health issues. What concerns me is that it is also in photos taken long before the final incident with Sherin making it difficult to view as an attempt to create a mental health defense.

Even as far back as the photo and video of Sherin’s adoption ceremony. I can not find one single picture of her that I can positively determine is Sini Ann Mathews that shows any degree of emotion. Early on we all heard of people who referred to her as cold or detached. One of the things that can be of assistance in a successful career in the medical field is the ability to “compartmentalize” what they see and experience in the job and not allow it to carry over into their “real” life.

A failure to “compartmentalize” can lead to burnout, depression or a general detachment or withdrawal in all aspects of life. I am wondering if there is a trauma or mental illness in Sini’s past that could be the source of this. I am not necessarily referring to DV or control issues within the marriage although that could be a possible root of the problem, there also exists the possibility it was not related at all to events within the marriage. Asperger’s and Autism both have an increased decrease in affect In some cases as well. It could make bonding with her children difficult if not impossible. She could appear to others as un-invested in the events around her. Not being able to express the social cues necessary to bonding both with her children and those around her.

I am not in anyway making excuses or defending her but merely making an observation as it would not affect her ability to comprehend right from wrong, just to remain detached from the results of her actions or lack thereof.

It is food for thought and could explain that unemotional appearance that is so disturbing to us.

JMHO

Or maybe she is just an evil cold hearted B.

I've been following this tragedy from the beginning, though I too, like many others, had to sit on my hands.

You may end up being right about this, but I'm going to respectfully disagree with you at this time. Maybe I'm overgeneralizing but she is an RN, as am I. Regardless of your culture, the education to become an RN teaches assertiveness.

Nurses learn early they must be assertive to stand up for the rights of their patients. Doctors breeze in and out on their rounds. It's the nurses though who know what is going on with the patients.

Some doctors listen attentively to nurses reports, but others do not. The nurse must be willing to bear the brunt of the doctors pointed disagreements to provide good care.

If nurses are passive, they soon learn it's their patients who will suffer for it.

I worked with an RN in my hospital who was from Egypt. She had an arranged marriage there to a very controlling man. They have three daughters. She related to me how she had learned to stand up to his control.

I remember her saying that he told her how much he hated that she ever became a nurse because she had become so 'uppity!'

She frequently credited her nursing education with helping to give her the backbone to stand up for herself and her children. They have since divorced.

I know this is all conjecture in regard to Sini. Nurses are all different.

We don't know the relationship dynamics in their marriage. But I don't believe that fear of him is the reason she didn't protect Sherin.

She just didn't...

JMO

Great post Jazztune. I might point out that failure to protect might not be the only offense; she could be the Perp, or co-Perp. We don’t know yet. Nothing is off the table at this point. As LE has said, more charges could follow.

Thank God for GrouchyMom. Her expertise has been invaluable on this case.

And also a shoutout to all you WS’ers who are here, Day in and day out, to make sure this baby gets justice. Every time I lose hope in humankind, I just remind myself of all the great people here who clearly love all the lost and abused children, even though we’ve never met them. Love and peace to all of you!

Such a nice post, I just had to :bump: it back up :)

& Yes, thank you, Grouchymom. Your insights have been invaluable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee