Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god!!! These two aren’t “parents” they are monsters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. And thank you so much i8mypaint (you didn't really did u?) for all the updates today!

David Goins
✔
@dgoins
BREAKING: court finds aggravated circumstances - Sini and Wesley Mathews parental rights terminated. @wfaa

This is the best thing I have read in a long time! :loveyou: YES!

Is bio daughter with his family or hers in Houston? Does "mom" have visitation?

David Goins
✔
@dgoins
Replying to @dgoins
Sini Mathews loses any right to see her 4yo daughter - who is now with relatives near Houston -

33s

David Goins
✔
@dgoins
Replying to @dgoins
right now there is no date for a permanent termination trial - juvenile court will decide when that trial will be.

But a trial will take place at a later date

Yes, thank you for posting the tweets here!

I am glad that the court has come to this decision, and I hope it won't be changed in future. I feel for the elder girl for her life being turned upside down, losing her sister, being taken from her parents (parents being jailed, too). But I don't see anything to suggest either of them is capable of being a proper parent to the elder girl. I'm sure they feed her and clothe her fine, but they can't show her the example of how to be a decent human being. They haven't shown her how to care properly for a baby/toddler in the way they've treated Sherin, they haven't showed the elder child how to treat a sick and hurting child (Sherin) with love, caring, kindness, and compassion. Children need to see those things in order to grow up to be whole human beings themselves, and the best place to learn is in the home, and that's where most people are lucky enough to learn it.

David Goins
✔
@dgoins
Replying to @dgoins
attorney representing 4yo girl agreed with state recommendation to make finding of aggravated circumstances.

Judge agreed. @wfaa

26s

As I tried to catch up on the hearing , I was totally freaked out that I started shaking uncontrollably . Could not stop .
So grateful for Justice coming thru , just like little Mariah Woods , these precious little ones are protecting their loved ones from further / future harm ! What a sacrifice ! Cannot stop crying but they are thankful tears .... that those little brothers of Mariahs and this sister of Sherins will be protected .

ffda99fcd78cf1e04428a68331768eef.jpg

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/update-public-visitation-slated-for-mariah-woods

ETA: Sorry, posted this in the wrong thread.

The ruling is a relief. Reading the tweets from the courtroom today - WM & SM sounds very cold and detached from this crime. Almost as if they felt justified and have no regrets. As if they don’t see the gravity of their deeds. Even WM indicating they left little Sherin alone because they needed a break. As if this was all her fault. Thank goodness for this verdict. I hope a permanent one sticks.

Sick sick mentality to these two. Can't even come close to calling them parents. No pics because of her eye? Bite me! I'd have had her beautiful pictures plastered all over the house for all to see! And on facebook!

That's one thing I wonder... who created these people? If the fear if the surviving child wont be 'normal' if the Matthews raise her (I don't want them near ANY child!) because a child needs to see love, caring, etc in order to know those things. How did both of these adults miss that? No photos of Sherin hanging in the family living room, but many of their biological child.

Just one more " visual " as to her being " damaged goods "
Well , I am hoping and praying the impact this child is able to convey from the grave is not just visual but physical to those that harmed her !

https://twitter.com/maria_nbc5/status/938140620807426050

Wesley Mathews' attorneys explain why Mathews did not have pictures of Sherin in their home like they did for biological daughter. Citing Sherin's disfigurement (eye).

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT! Smh

Yeah, look at the abundance of other photos we have of her -- all apparently taken by other people, i.e. church members. No problem there. What a weak excuse they gave. Pathetic. We also have to remember that Sherin was smiling at other people HAPPY to be with her -- and not looking at her parents.

David Goins
[emoji818]
@dgoins
BREAKING: court finds aggravated circumstances - Sini and Wesley Mathews parental rights terminated. @wfaa
Horrific findings... Just awful. OMG poor little Sherin! They turned on her completely, and it sounds like they fed off of each other. Ugh. So bizarre.

Thank goodness they had their rights terminated, maybe sister has a chance now to re-program with some better role models and lots of counseling. Poor kid.

Thanks for all the tweets!!

Evidently this was not actually the termination of parental rights but the end of reunification efforts. They will be required to give the, almost former parents, 30 days notice for the actual termination hearing. Now if the family doesn’t want permanent guardianship or to adopt, or if CPS/DSS decides they are not a suitable long term placement, they may not rush to a TPR hearing until they have the permanent placement lined up. One reason not to rush if the permanent placement is not decided is that the, soon to be former parents, can be required to pay child support to the agency, thus mitigating some of their costs. I would be shocked if the Termination hearing is much more than a formality at this point.
David Goins@dgoins

58m
Replying to @dgoins and @wfaa

Sini & Wesley Mathews still entitled to civil trial at *later date* but CPS does not have provide any family reunification services - @wfaa
https://twitter.com/dgoins/status/938133386027298817?s=17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members