Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No i'm not saying that at all. I don't know what the other child witnessed or not? And yes of course it would affect her if that was that going on in front of her.

Exactly my point. We don't know what she witnessed so we can't say that love wasn't lost between bio and her parents. Children are so much more inquisitive at that age than people think. I doubt highly that she didn't know something was wrong.

In general, we tend to believe nurses and doctors; what they say is "gospel", so to speak. SM probably seemed quite official in her statements. I'm sure her church family were well intended and loving.

However, this brings up an important point for *all of us*. What is the correct protocol when you see suspicious treatment of a child? Unexplained bruises, hollow eyes, malnutrition. Look at the Sherin case; I'm sure Sini used the brittle bones fairy tale to explain away injuries.

I've always been one to stick my nose in when it comes to children. "You're on notice....I'm watching, and *I* will TELL". I've done this life long. My suspicions have ALWAYS been right. ALWAYS. I've pulled two little girls out of sexual abuse situations, thrown my body in the middle of some child getting beaten, and so forth. I'm no more noble or brave than the rest of you. God just put this in me, and I act on it. I'm sure many of you on this thread do the same...we are birds of a feather, and that's why we are here.

Apparently SM didn't posses this maternal, protective gene that God grants us.
It does give me comfort that my belief system tells me that Mother Mary herself greeted Sherin and for the first time....she knows a real Mother's love. How my heart breaks for this baby.

Yes of course we need to step up to the plate for any abused child if we are aware of abuse. As do doctors and teachers etc. And definitely reporting it, but it seems even that sometimes doesn't help and a child or children are placed right back with their abusers until the inevitable happens it seems. And then it's too late.

And in Sherin's case the Doctor reported this suspected abuse with the fractures. Why was nothing done until Sherin died? Why are so many kids being failed by a system that is supposed to protect them?

Yes of course we need to step up to the plate for any abused child if we are aware of abuse. As do doctors and teachers etc. And definitely reporting it, but it seems even that sometimes doesn't help and a child or children are placed right back with their abusers until the inevitable happens it seems. And then it's too late.

Sadly, from the amateur armchair perspective, it seems as if many looked the other way with little Sherin?

I don't know how, who, or when CPS came to their erroneous decision that a child should be placed with relatives. IMO, this is one of the weakest links in the CPS system. Families often share the same beliefs & traits. Again, JMO, but children should always be placed in a known safe environment until such time as the entire extended family can be thoroughly investigated. Many children would be better served if they did NOT know their roots. Family blood alone does not make a child safe.

I can’t say just how profound your statement is. Where did the abusers learn their parenting skills. I think the obsession we have with “Blood” being paramount is misguided at best. The chemistry that creates a person will soon be replicated in a laboratory and yet as a society we are convinced the persons who carry genetic compositions similar to us are more defining than the core principals we learn from our caregivers. The morality, kindness, Love, we learn from the people who day in day out do the heavy lifting to help us become adults who can be contributing members of society, loving competent parents, someone who can be loved and admired are relegated to a backseat and the sperm and egg donors somehow make them complete. That train of thought amazes me.

I don’t deny it is fun to see where you came from. For no other reason than to see just how far we have come. But it is past time that we as a society stop placing so much emphasis on the issue of genetics and instead on where children can thrive and blossom into the adults they deserve to be. Any plant or animal can reproduce. It takes someone with the proper tools to successfully parent children and those tools can not be gained by sitting in a court ordered “parenting class” any more than I can become a brain surgeon by reading a book on neurology.

JMHO

Switching gears a bit: I wonder if Sini and/or Wesley have thought about this whole situation in VERY simplistic, start to final result terms. They basically paid (how much is an adoption? 30k? 40k?) to have their biological daughter (the only thing they apparently cared about) ripped away from them. Wonder if that has sunk in.

And I realize this is so petty for me to point out, but no photographs or framed pictures hung on the wall of little Sherin because of her eye deformity?!!!? Have those two never taken a good, long, hard look in the mirror at themselves? He is slightly overweight and has at least 2 chins and her side profile highlights her witch nose.

My apologies again for being so petty.

Switching gears a bit: I wonder if Sini and/or Wesley have thought about this whole situation in VERY simplistic, start to final result terms. They basically paid (how much is an adoption? 30k? 40k?) to have their biological daughter (the only thing they apparently cared about) ripped away from them. Wonder if that has sunk in.

And I realize this is so petty for me to point out, but no photographs or framed pictures hung on the wall of little Sherin because of her eye deformity?!!!? Have those two never taken a good, long, hard look in the mirror at themselves? He is slightly overweight and has at least 2 chins and her side profile highlights her witch nose.

My sentiments exactly. And Sherin was beautiful. The more I hear the more disgusted I am.

I think that’s just what the lawyers said... eye deformity was his excuse... the real reason was they didn’t love or actually in the very least give two $***** about this little girl. They are pathetic and I sure hope that something has sunk in. You are spot on, I didn’t realize the money to adopt and now I’m sure they are spending a whole lot more to have the bio daughter taken away. No wonder Sini can’t post bail... with that many lawyers on retainer, money will run out, and they will be left in a jail cell wishing to watch their daughter grow into a beautiful woman... all because someone HAD to have Sherin. (I say someone because I still don’t believe both were on board with this adoption)

Now just waiting for the autopsy that I’m pretty sure will point out who the “real” abuser was all along. I think LE already knows, and they can take their time since both are behind bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL. Actually, he looks like he's dropped a few pounds. ; )
Although I love your posts, and despise them, I actually think they are a good looking couple. However, their actions have made them hideous.

Yes, it's an awfully long time. I suspect this was a battle of the wills. I can't imagine spending two to three hours in the late night time struggling with a kid over milk. Any kind of issue that would go on for hours like that is bound to be abusive in nature.

Not necessarily. My mother and I had similar battles over eating when I was small. It went on for hours, but I don't recall anything abusive about it.

LOL. Actually, he looks like he's dropped a few pounds. ; )
Although I love your posts, and despise them, I actually think they are a good looking couple. However, their actions have made them hideous.
I agree with you, roses!!!!

I'm not one to point out flaws in others, because I have so many, myself!!!

On a different note, it truly hurts my soul that they didn't have pictures of Sherin, on the walls in their home!!

When I was "fostering" we weren't allowed to share pics of our "fosters" on social media. Don't think for a minute,, their pictures and accomplishments weren't plastered all thru our home!!!! Just as my bio children's! My point here, every child that came into our home, was treated just like our own. We had special ornaments for the Christmas tree, made each year. With each new child, be foster or grands, all of them were added to the new ornament. It got to the point that we had to have several made, to fit all names. (Ours, our kids, and each child that was placed with us.) No names were left out, ever!!! Even IF they no longer lived in the home, their names were still on the ornaments, because to us, they were/still are, ours!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. My mother and I had similar battles over eating when I was small. It went on for hours, but I don't recall anything abusive about it.
I think that any battle of wills that is that lengthy is abusive. But that's my perspective. I saw and heard of many of these lengthy battles my dad had with my older siblings. My siblings themselves believe they were abusive, but they probably don't realize how much it shaped their reactions in life. As a close observer, I see it.

My opinion of it stands even if someone who experienced that kind of abuse doesn't see it as such. Perhaps it didn't affect you, but I think it would affect most.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I can’t say just how profound your statement is. Where did the abusers learn their parenting skills. I think the obsession we have with “Blood” being paramount is misguided at best. The chemistry that creates a person will soon be replicated in a laboratory and yet as a society we are convinced the persons who carry genetic compositions similar to us are more defining than the core principals we learn from our caregivers. The morality, kindness, Love, we learn from the people who day in day out do the heavy lifting to help us become adults who can be contributing members of society, loving competent parents, someone who can be loved and admired are relegated to a backseat and the sperm and egg donors somehow make them complete. That train of thought amazes me.

I don’t deny it is fun to see where you came from. For no other reason than to see just how far we have come. But it is past time that we as a society stop placing so much emphasis on the issue of genetics and instead on where children can thrive and blossom into the adults they deserve to be. Any plant or animal can reproduce. It takes someone with the proper tools to successfully parent children and those tools can not be gained by sitting in a court ordered “parenting class” any more than I can become a brain surgeon by reading a book on neurology.

JMHO

I couldn't agree with you more. And, because we will never have a legal means to assure people are ready to parent, our only tool is social ostracism when we see abuse. We should not be afraid to use it.

I'm reinserting a couple of quotes from your post since they don't carry over when responding:

Det. Farmer: Wesley asked Sherin at around 10pm if she was still awake, she said yes. He asked her: Do you want to finish your milk? Sherin said yes, so they went into kitchen until midnight, then went into garage where Sherin died. Wesley went from concerned to frustrated.

Det. Farmer: Wesley demonstrated to police how he was yelling at Sherin, appeared frustrated. when he yelled she would drink, then couldn’t drink, then forced her to drink milk while she was standing and she choked.

I don't believe version 3.0 either. Wesley had Sherin in the kitchen from 10pm until midnight then went into the garage with her? That's an awfully long time and a lot of information is missing, hopefully because LE isn't ready to show their cards.

I can't shake the dismal thought that there's something more that we haven't heard about. It seems like more and more murderers are realizing that the longer their victim's body is not found the better the odds of lost evidence and a COD of "undetermined." IYKWIM.

This is bugging me... why would you ask a 3 year old if they're still awake? If they are quiet and resting, even if they're not fully asleep, why would you rouse them for milk?

A
Yes, and that is probably why bio daughter was calm when being removed from the home. According to msm she didn't cry.

The bio daughter was calm when removed from the home? I have read that a CPS worker said that Sini was "eerily calm" during removal but nothing about the bio daughter. Did the info about the bio daughter being calm come out in court yesterday, too?

My opinion of it stands even if someone who experienced that kind of abuse doesn't see it as such. Perhaps it didn't affect you, but I think it would affect most.

(RSBM)

It's funny -- there were plenty of interactions with my mother I've only years later understood could be considered abusive or neglectful, but I hadn't thought of this particular situation that way.

One thing no one tells you about being raised by a raging narcissist: there is a surprise around every bleeping corner, apparently for the rest of your life. lol

Why would any parent think a three year old is going to drink that milk after a five hour battle?! Sherin had cried so much, fought the way a child would by turning their head, twisting their body, pushing the milk and Daddy away, that she had no strength left.

Yes, in the beginning it was a battle of the wills, however, it doesn't take long for a three year old to tire out, still refusing to give in. But, Dad doesn't give up. We can all vision the many ways he tried to force that milk down her. Naturally Dad left those things out.

A

The bio daughter was calm when removed from the home? I have read that a CPS worker said that Sini was "eerily calm" during removal but nothing about the bio daughter. Did the info about the bio daughter being calm come out in court yesterday, too?

Iirc, the CPS worker mentioned the bio daughter didn't cry. Someone posted about it upthread. I took that to mean she was not distressed, but I supposed not crying could be a learned behavior as a result of possibly/likely witnessing Sherin being abused. Or it could mean she was just so tired she didn't realize what was happening.

I can't get this case out of my mind. It was one of the first things I thought about when I woke up this morning. I just keep wondering why? Why did they go through with the adoption, only to treat Sherin like adoption outcast? I want to ask Wesley, why on earth he would force this on Sini, when she clearly did not want Sherin. Did he think Sini's core belief system would magically change once they brought Sherin home?

And then, I find myself wondering if their difficulties conceiving was God trying to tell them something, because Christians believe God knows all, and knows what's to come but allows free will. It goes along with that be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

I can't recall another case like this where someone traveled half way across the world to bring home a child only to resent and kill them.

Thanks also, all for the detailed transcription and tweets, great appreciation.
I'm a constant reader, but very rare poster here. I also am remarkably surprised not just that their moral compass was/is so 'off', but did they constantly regret their actions? Did they consider there would be consequences that were long term pain and suffering for Sherin and also eventually themselves?
I've just finished reading 'Orange is the New Black' and those complex 15 months in min security jail would be enough to turn many to the straight and narrow. The POIs here will be in max security, in isolation(?!) and for a very long time. All based on their terrible, terrible actions. It beggars belief.

Yes, and that is probably why bio daughter was calm when being removed from the home. According to msm she didn't cry.

It was SM who was emotionless when CPS removes the bio daughter:

“CPS investigator testifies Sini’s reaction to CPS showing up on Oct. 9 to remove biological daughter. Says Sini remained calm, unemotional, offered alternatives.
“She was eerily calm," said CPS investigator”

https://twitter.com/maria_nbc5/status/938079656518885376

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics