Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When and if they are both charged with murder, one will tell on the other. The one who didn't kill her will point the finger, even if they were complicit in prior abuse. Someone will want to plea to a lesser charge.

Poor little darling. She never had a chance.

Merry Christmas, you aren't forgotten!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Per Dallas County assessor the Mathews owned their home.

Also from that website, the tax record has been in the Mathews names since 1996. Wesley would have been approximately 18 years old, married and purchased a $250k home. It doesn’t matter to Sherin’s murder but I found it interesting.

Bench dedication, memorial service planned for Sherin Mathews on December 30 at 3pm

Community members have planned a bench dedication ceremony and memorial service for Sherin Mathews.

On Saturday, Dec. 30 at 3:00 p.m. at Restland Funeral Home, following the memorial service, a bench dedication and dove release will take place.

The space has been landscaped and provided by Restland as a place for the community to reflect and honor Sherin.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dall...-service-planned-for-sherin-mathews/502133530

That's a nice tribute to Sherin. I recently saw an article about a community sponsoring a "comfort dog" for victims of abuse who have to testify in court. She's named after Teghan Skiba. IMO that's a wonderful way to remember a murdered child and at the same time provide support for victims who survived.

Also, I read that Wednesday, January 3 is the Mathews' next custody hearing:

The couple is expected to appear in court for a custody hearing next Wednesday where a judge is expected to officially terminate their parental rights to their biological daughter.

“If they don’t give up their parental rights which they most likely won’t then the judge is going to rule whether their rights should be terminated,” said a child advocate who goes by the name of ‘Shan’.

http://www.klif.com/2017/12/26/richardson-community-plans-bench-dedication-for-sherin-mathews/

WBAP 24/7 NEWS‏Verified account
@WBAP247NEWS
Follow Follow @WBAP247NEWS
The adoptive parents of #SherinMathews are headed back to court next week. The story at 1.

https://twitter.com/WBAP247NEWS/status/945724914354606081

Really have to wonder the attitude and lack of warmth Sini likely brought as a pediatric nurse.

C’mon folks !!

Almost 2 full pages of off-topic posts removed. Sorry if this sounds harsh, and we are not mean … but this is what happens when we get lenient in allowing 1 or 2 little off-topic posts. Next thing we know, the whole thread is going south or any other direction other the intended one.

Guests and other members don’t come here to read all this off-topic stuff. They come here to read about the case of little Sherin Matthews, not about our own personal circumstances or opinions on correctional institutions, death penalty, autism, breast size or sexual transformation of inmates, etc.

PLEASE stay on topic.

Thanks.

Really have to wonder the attitude and lack of warmth Sini likely brought as a pediatric nurse.

One of the nastiest woman/mother I knew was a pediatric nurse. Probably still is with her fake smile and her forever family commercials. Just doing it in a different state.

OT..... I apologize for this..... when I read it, I thought of Sherin......I asked myself if this was the life that she had......

It is long, but worth the read.

Diary of a 2 year old:

Today I woke up and wanted to get dressed by myself but was told “No, we don’t have time, let me do it.”

This made me sad. I wanted to feed myself for breakfast but was told “No, you’re too messy, let me do it for you.” This made me feel frustrated.

I wanted to walk to the car and get in on my own but was told, “No, we need to get going, we don’t have time. Let me do it.” This made me cry.

I wanted to get out of the car on my own but was told “No, we don’t have time, let me do it.” This made me want to run away.

Later I wanted to play with blocks but was told “no, not like that, like this…” I decided I didn’t want to play with blocks any more. I wanted to play with a doll that someone else had, so I took it, I was told “no, don’t do that, you have to share.”

I’m not sure what I did, but it made me sad. So I cried. I wanted a hug but was told “no, you’re fine, go play”.

I’m being told it’s time to pick up, I know this because someone keeps saying, “Go pick up your toys.” I am not sure what to do, I am waiting for someone to show me….”What are you doing, why are you just standing there, pick up your toys…Now.” I was not allowed to dress myself or move my own body to get to where I needed to go, but now I am being asked to pick things up.

I’m not sure what to do. Is someone supposed to show me how to do this? Where do I start? Where do these things go? I am hearing a lot of words but I do not understand what is being asked of me. I am scared and do not move. I lay down on the floor and cry.

When it was time to eat I wanted to get my own food but was told “no, you’re too little, let me do it.” This made me feel small. I tried to eat the food in front of me but I did not put it there and someone keeps saying “here, try this, eat this…” and putting things in my face. I didn’t want to eat anymore. This made me want to throw things and cry.

I can’t get down from the table because no one will let me…because I’m too small and I can’t. They keep saying I have to take a bite. This makes me cry more. I’m hungry and frustrated and sad. I’m tired and I need someone to hold me. I do not feel safe or in control. This makes me scared. I cry even more.

I am 2. No one will let me dress myself, no one will let me move my own body where it needs to go, no one will let me attend to my own needs.

However, I am expected to know how to share, “listen”, or “wait a minute”. I am expected to know what to say and how to act or handle my emotions. I am expected to sit still or know that if I throw something it might break….But, I do NOT know these things.

I am not allowed to practice my skills of walking, pushing, pulling, zipping, buttoning, pouring, serving, climbing, running, throwing or doing things that I know I can do. Things that interest me and make me curious, these are the things I am NOT allowed to do.

I am 2. I am not terrible…I am frustrated. I am nervous, stressed out, overwhelmed, and confused. I need a hug.

Author unknown

OT..... I apologize for this..... when I read it, I thought of Sherin......I asked myself if this was the life that she had......

It is long, but worth the read.

Diary of a 2 year old:

Today I woke up and wanted to get dressed by myself but was told “No, we don’t have time, let me do it.”

This made me sad. I wanted to feed myself for breakfast but was told “No, you’re too messy, let me do it for you.” This made me feel frustrated.

I wanted to walk to the car and get in on my own but was told, “No, we need to get going, we don’t have time. Let me do it.” This made me cry.

I wanted to get out of the car on my own but was told “No, we don’t have time, let me do it.” This made me want to run away.

Later I wanted to play with blocks but was told “no, not like that, like this…” I decided I didn’t want to play with blocks any more. I wanted to play with a doll that someone else had, so I took it, I was told “no, don’t do that, you have to share.”

I’m not sure what I did, but it made me sad. So I cried. I wanted a hug but was told “no, you’re fine, go play”.

I’m being told it’s time to pick up, I know this because someone keeps saying, “Go pick up your toys.” I am not sure what to do, I am waiting for someone to show me….”What are you doing, why are you just standing there, pick up your toys…Now.” I was not allowed to dress myself or move my own body to get to where I needed to go, but now I am being asked to pick things up.

I’m not sure what to do. Is someone supposed to show me how to do this? Where do I start? Where do these things go? I am hearing a lot of words but I do not understand what is being asked of me. I am scared and do not move. I lay down on the floor and cry.

When it was time to eat I wanted to get my own food but was told “no, you’re too little, let me do it.” This made me feel small. I tried to eat the food in front of me but I did not put it there and someone keeps saying “here, try this, eat this…” and putting things in my face. I didn’t want to eat anymore. This made me want to throw things and cry.

I can’t get down from the table because no one will let me…because I’m too small and I can’t. They keep saying I have to take a bite. This makes me cry more. I’m hungry and frustrated and sad. I’m tired and I need someone to hold me. I do not feel safe or in control. This makes me scared. I cry even more.

I am 2. No one will let me dress myself, no one will let me move my own body where it needs to go, no one will let me attend to my own needs.

However, I am expected to know how to share, “listen”, or “wait a minute”. I am expected to know what to say and how to act or handle my emotions. I am expected to sit still or know that if I throw something it might break….But, I do NOT know these things.

I am not allowed to practice my skills of walking, pushing, pulling, zipping, buttoning, pouring, serving, climbing, running, throwing or doing things that I know I can do. Things that interest me and make me curious, these are the things I am NOT allowed to do.

I am 2. I am not terrible…I am frustrated. I am nervous, stressed out, overwhelmed, and confused. I need a hug.

Author unknown

The unknown author is full of bologna, IMO. Since we've been asked not to go OT, I'll leave it at that.

Will anyone at protective services be held responsible for not removing SM from her home? After all, they knew she suffered from broken bones.
They were AWARE of the abuse.
Understaffed can not be used for not doing their job.
Alot of women have alot of kids. They cant use that excuse.

I really hope the autopsy report when it comes, shows a clear cause of death. I really don't want to know anymore of what sherin went through but I know the more that can be proved the easier it will be to nail this set of monsters.

I really hope the autopsy report when it comes, shows a clear cause of death. I really don't want to know anymore of what sherin went through but I know the more that can be proved the easier it will be to nail this set of monsters.

I have participated on this forum for almost eight years, and followed a lot of threads. Hands down, IMO, no state has better LE than *Texas*. They saddle up and take care of business. I have complete faith that the monsters in this case will be punished to the full extent of the law. No, I am not a Texan, but the more I observe how they handle justice, I think I should be.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 22B8FE11-F533-4F15-B354-8C7EE2D93DE9.jpeg
    22B8FE11-F533-4F15-B354-8C7EE2D93DE9.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 379

I couldn't believe it when I read it but when I have heard members of the public talk about Sini taking care of their children/babies while in the hospital, they had nothing but good things to say. It seems she is quite the actress if she was pulling a smokescreen over everyone's eyes.

Will anyone at protective services be held responsible for not removing SM from her home? After all, they knew she suffered from broken bones.
They were AWARE of the abuse.
Understaffed can not be used for not doing their job.
Alot of women have alot of kids. They cant use that excuse.

I believe that there is an ongoing investigation within CPS. However, regarding whether or not understaffing can be used as an excuse. let me just opine a bit and suggest that understaffing can lead to unintended consequences. I am recalling an investigation in Michigan (forget which county) where a lack of staffing threw off required maximum caseloads (based on state accountability). Powers that be sought to avoid bad findings regarding their agency by shifting and closing cases in advance of a review. Certainly a dangerous practice and the sort of thing that leads to kids/families falling through cracks. And without some internal whistle-blowers who made some public complaints this would have continued to be the case. Sadly the other event that leads to investigation is the death of a child or children.

In little Sherin's case, there may or may not have been error (or malfeasance) at the individual caseworker level. Might have been something further up the food chain that the individual worker lacked the power (or persistence, or fortitude) to be able to change. Consider this just my personal plug to look at issues systemically, rather than individually. We need to be on guard against the tendency of institutions to light on a scapegoat, fire them and ignore the systems that shaped/allowed/encourage their behavior or prevented them from being able to act appropriately.

MOO--not aimed at anyone here in particular.

I couldn't believe it when I read it but when I have heard members of the public talk about Sini taking care of their children/babies while in the hospital, they had nothing but good things to say. It seems she is quite the actress if she was pulling a smokescreen over everyone's eyes.

People behave differently in different situations. Many abusers have a public persona that is quite different from what family members see and experience at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member