GUILTY TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case has just broken my heart. I grew up in Richardson TX and not 1/2 mile from where Sherrin was murdered. I can't believe the inhuman manner in which this child was treated by this man and woman. I hope she is never allowed into another hospital, and I hope he gets the death penality. And I hope it is carried out soon. He doesn't deserve to breathe the air she was deprived of. They both are just evil!!:mad:

That's not right nor fair to baby Sherin. So the repeated injuries she sustained in her short life count for nothing? No, no, no. She was murdered, Wesley, remember all the lies you told LE when Sherin went "missing". You lied then and you continue to lie.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson
#BREAKING: On Thursday #WesleyMathews pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of Injury to a Child by Omission. He was charged with murdering his adopted daughter #SherinMathews. The jury will decide his punishment. Opening statements Monday 1:30 p.m CT on https://lawandcrime.com/
This is infuriating. First his wife walks and now WM will not be tried for murder...I am horrified. This is just awful. What about disposing of her body in a culvert, and what about all the prior injuries left untreated??
I can't believe it!!

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson
#BREAKING: On Thursday #WesleyMathews pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of Injury to a Child by Omission. He was charged with murdering his adopted daughter #SherinMathews. The jury will decide his punishment. Opening statements Monday 1:30 p.m CT on https://lawandcrime.com/
Wait, what?? A capital murder case against Wesley has been reduced to a felony charge of Injury to a Child by Omission?

If it's a first-degree felony then he can get up to life, which is okay by me. Anything less is a miscarriage of justice to the nth degree. Any information on exactly what section(s) he plead to? I can't find anything.

Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 22.04 | FindLawTexas Penal Code - PENAL § 22.04 | FindLaw

ETA: Why isn't other media reporting on this?

Last edited:
Wait, what?? A capital murder case against Wesley has been reduced to a felony charge of Injury to a Child by Omission?

If it's a first-degree felony then he can get up to life, which is okay by me. Anything less is a miscarriage of justice to the nth degree. Any information on exactly what section(s) he plead to? I can't find anything.

Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 22.04 | FindLawTexas Penal Code - PENAL § 22.04 | FindLaw

ETA: Why isn't other media reporting on this?
I wonder if that reporting is correct. This was posted a few hours ago by NBCDFW

Murder Trial Begins Monday for Dad Accused of Killing Adopted Daughter

Monday, June 24th:
*Trial set to begin (@ 1:30pm CT) - TX - Sherin Mathews (3) (Oct. 7, 2017, Richardson) - *Wesley Mon Mathews (37) - indicted (1/12/18) on four felonies, capital murder, injury to a child (1st degree Felony), abandoning a child and tampering with physical evidence; was bond at $1M, now at $2.25M & reduced on 8/1/18 to $1.35M. DA will seek DP.
Trial set for 6/24/19.
6/20/19 Update: On Thursday (6/20) Mathews pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of Injury to a Child by Omission. He was charged with murdering his adopted daughter Sherin. The jury will decide his punishment. Opening statements Monday, 6/24 @ 1:30pm.

For Sini: In a letter to the 282nd Criminal District Court, the Dallas County DA wrote that "after extensive investigation it has been determined that the state cannot prove this matter beyond a reasonable doubt at this time the state respectfully requests that this case be dismissed without prejudice." She has been released from jail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenitsa
Back