Found Safe TX - Sophie, 9, w/ Michael Long, non-custodial parent, Seguin, 12 July 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO The videos that have been circulated are very difficult to watch especially as a mother of daughters. But I watched them because as much heartache as it gave me, it is nothing compared to what that little girl has had to endure. I know people have commented here (and elsewhere) that they don't understand why the father is recording his daughter go through this traumatic event with being forced out of the vehicle, but if he didn't, we wouldn't all be talking about helping this poor child(and brothers). Sometimes you have to blast the ugliness of a situation for people to listen and help with the change you are seeking. MOO

One of the most frustrating things for me is that the biological father (BF) literally must follow the court order. If he doesn’t, he risks contempt of court. I suspect the biological mother (BM) would love nothing more than to toss the BF in jail. Had he prevented the BF or Gma from forcibly taking his child, he’d be arrested for custodial interference and probably assault.

This is the way co-parenting laws work pretty much in the entire US. There are so many BMs that alienate their children against BFs. Yes, it does work the other way around too but not nearly as much, in my opinion.

In the end, this child will likely end up with the BF but the living h*ll they both must live thru in the interim is heartbreaking. This is all over social media and this poor child has to live with it being out there for the rest of her life.

The court of public opinion will crucify whoever it deems responsible. Let’s hope they get it right here.

Stand With Sophie: for 9-Year-Old Girl Goes Viral | Heavy.com
snipped
The police chief wrote that the father lives “about 100 miles south of Lacy Lakeview” and the mother is “about 100 miles north.” Truehitt added that “in July 2020, the father reported the sexual abuse of the child to the appropriate law enforcement agency where the offense(s) occurred – These offenses did NOT occur in Lacy Lakeview.”

According to the police chief’s Facebook statement, his jurisdiction was involved in one incident in the family case. In that incident, the father said Sophie was injured during a custody exchange that occurred in Lacy Lakeview. According to the statement, the LLPD is investigating the father’s allegation as well as a phone call between Sophie’s father and Corporal Plummer of LLPD that was posted online.

Heavy confirmed that there is an ongoing family custody case in Collin County, Texas, involving Sophie’s parents. It is unclear where the case stands at this point and where Sophie is currently residing. An update to the page posted by the organizer stated, who claims to be Sophie’s stepmother, “We do not have Sophie or the boys. We do not know who has them.”
The Lacy Lakeview Police Department Also Posted a Statement Saying That Sophie Is in a ‘Safe Home’
--------------
please tell me these jurisdictions are not passing the buck? how can the father not know where she is and who has the children?

Omg I had to click out at 3:28. Nope. Will follow. :(

I decided not to watch it -- your words, @Cortne, confirm that my decision was good.
The whoever-they-are adults in LE, the courts, etc., are treating her like she is a four-year-old, from what I've read. Nine year-olds know a lot about life already; they know what lying is; and they certainly know what abuse is -- and they know when something is just plain wrong.

WTH is going on here? Has she been put in foster care yet??
Someone please tell me, "Yes."

She at least needs to be removed from that home and be put in foster care. She should have a medical exam (if the professionals think that it wouldn't be yet another trauma), and she needs to speak with an understanding professional counselor, psychologist, or psychiatrist, etc. She needs a safe place to stay and to know that she will have that place the next day, and the next, etc.

Stand With Sophie: ******** for 9-Year-Old Girl Goes Viral | Heavy.com
snipped
The police chief wrote that the father lives “about 100 miles south of Lacy Lakeview” and the mother is “about 100 miles north.” Truehitt added that “in July 2020, the father reported the sexual abuse of the child to the appropriate law enforcement agency where the offense(s) occurred – These offenses did NOT occur in Lacy Lakeview.”

According to the police chief’s Facebook statement, his jurisdiction was involved in one incident in the family case. In that incident, the father said Sophie was injured during a custody exchange that occurred in Lacy Lakeview. According to the statement, the LLPD is investigating the father’s allegation as well as a phone call between Sophie’s father and Corporal Plummer of LLPD that was posted online.

Heavy confirmed that there is an ongoing family custody case in Collin County, Texas, involving Sophie’s parents. It is unclear where the case stands at this point and where Sophie is currently residing. An update to the ******** page posted by the organizer stated, who claims to be Sophie’s stepmother, “We do not have Sophie or the boys. We do not know who has them.”
The Lacy Lakeview Police Department Also Posted a Statement Saying That Sophie Is in a ‘Safe Home’
--------------
please tell me these jurisdictions are not passing the buck? how can the father not know where she is and who has the children?
Because they’re probably still living with the sexual predator.

This is horrific. I have watched the video and listened to this little girl. It. Is. Heartbreaking. Her intelligence and her manner of speaking are incredible.
She knows when the "adults" are being condescending and she is fully aware
when they try and change the subject or "distract her" as if she were 2.

I realize there are legal steps that must be taken, but OMG this is a CHILD
who needs help and the adults in her life are videotaping this as she is in
torment.

I understand they need evidence but OMG!!!! She needs saving!

This should be evidence. The only way a judge would ignore something like this is if the child said things that were impossible and/or fantastical AND there was evidence she was brainwashed by her dad.

Last edited:
This child, and any other child in the home needs to be in CPS custody until the investigation is complete. This blows my mind. It is possible that neither parent is fit to have the children. I don't know. Somebody needs to file for an emergency hearing, CPS can do that right? I'm sure a medical exam is easy enough to obtain. And where the heck is the brother who tested positive for drugs?

Geez....:mad:

Yes they can. Maybe the child is in emergency custody. Or maybe there’s something else we don’t know.

I haven’t watched the video because I get enough of this hell in my job.

IMO The videos that have been circulated are very difficult to watch especially as a mother of daughters. But I watched them because as much heartache as it gave me, it is nothing compared to what that little girl has had to endure. I know people have commented here (and elsewhere) that they don't understand why the father is recording his daughter go through this traumatic event with being forced out of the vehicle, but if he didn't, we wouldn't all be talking about helping this poor child(and brothers). Sometimes you have to blast the ugliness of a situation for people to listen and help with the change you are seeking. MOO
That is exactly why I watch. I completely understand why people don't. But for me, its about standing with her, as she is brave enough to speak. If its that hard for me to watch, I can only imagine how hard it must be to live. But, I would definitely warn people who have childhood sexual trauma in their past to be aware that it will likely be very triggering. But, this whole thread will! Its not a pretty subject, but it is important to discuss so we can get better at stopping it.

I hope multiple people are arrested. Starting with her mom and boyfriend. And grandma also needs some consequences. Parents, grandparents, ADULTS!!!! should all be mandatory reporters. That is crazy that this child had such detailed abuse description for her grandma to say well you can't be that bad off if you got the lead in the school.play! What??? So, because she isn't in a corner slaughtered, its not that bad? What kind of human says that?

That child kicked out of her shoes, trying to resist abuse. Thats some seeeeeeerious defense reactions there! She is telling the truth and terrified. Next up would probably be like many of our other cases. Child goes "missing". Especially when she reported that her mom watches the abuse. I am sooooooo glad her dad recorded that. No need for he said, she said. Its in living color.

Couple of other things i noticed. Mom fully tries to pin everything on dad. Its sick!!!

1. She instantly tells the dad he got her to say this and even the child says her dad had nothing to do with this, she isn't lying. Shes smart enoigh to know they are trying to pin on dad.

2. She tells dad why won't he unlock the door. But she was in the damn car with the door unlocked.

3. Mom says you can't talk to grandma like that. I wouldn't let you talk to dad or grandpa like that. Aka, your dad is awful for letting you defy your grandma and me.

Sick sick sick. Shes sick.

Stand With Sophie: ******** for 9-Year-Old Girl Goes Viral | Heavy.com
snipped

Heavy confirmed that there is an ongoing family custody case in Collin County, Texas, involving Sophie’s parents. It is unclear where the case stands at this point and where Sophie is currently residing. An update to the ******** page posted by the organizer stated, who claims to be Sophie’s stepmother, “We do not have Sophie or the boys. We do not know who has them.”
--------------

Ok. I watched the video. This is a complex situation I’m sensing. From what I can tell, at the time of the video:

1. S was living with dad and had court-ordered visits with mom now.
2. The mom is not allowed to have anyone present for visits and her mother has to monitor them.
3. The court likely found evidence of alienation. But they also found that it’s in the child’s best interest to live primarily with dad and to supervise mom’s visits.
4. Child is conflicted. Her grandmother doesn’t understand that a child can be okay during a visit and have fun, even, but still harbor traumatic feelings and fear being with the other parent. Yes there was no molestation during the last visit. And like most kids, S found fun as she could. She also seems to love her grandmother. But that doesn’t mean her issues were resolved.
5. CPS and forensic psychologists have been involved in this case and were the basis for the court orders.

Based on the statement in one of the articles, the kids were taken into CPS custody and are in foster care. That is why dad doesn’t know where they are. That can happen if:

1. They need to fully investigate the molestation claims and rule everyone out even though S is saying who it is.
2. Neither parent has been deemed suitable at the moment, possibly due to evidence of alienation on the part of dad.
3. They just need to vet dad as part of their normal process before they release her to him.

I will say a couple things from observing this situation and watching everyone involved:
1. The child has to be listened to. She is in extreme distress.
2. At the beginning of one video, the dad did not seem concerned about taking S to see her mom. Possibly because it is to be supervised by grandma and no one is allowed to come.
3. Stepmom seemed a bit exasperated by the child’s resistance to go pointing out that grandma wouldn’t let S be harmed during a visit. I don’t say that to criticize the stepmom. I think she was being reasonable and there’s a lot we do not know.
4. I have seen alienated children act this way.
5. A huge sign, however, of parental alienation, is the child can’t state a specific reason for not wanting to go.
6. This child did state a specific reason. “You won’t believe me! Jake has touched me and mom watched!”
I do note, however, that the child didn’t make that statement for some time when asked repeatedly why she didn’t want to go. But the child is clearly distressed.
7. The child said Jake scratches her and touches her. She didn’t describe rubbing or putting his fingers or anything else inside her. She then said she woke up to find blood. It appears she assumed the guy did it. However, it is possible this little girl has started to have her period.
8. The statement she made about her mom making her feel bad about herself was very sad and super credible to me. It sounded perhaps that the mom makes her feel bad for having been touched by the man or for saying she was.

This is a mess of a case. There’s a lot we don’t know.

I agree with you, but it's like a double edged sword. Necessary and yet heartbreaking.

I find myself thinking I just couldn’t take knowing what she’s faces upon return to her abusers. Every fiber in me would want to snatch my own child in that situation and go into hiding, but....I couldn’t because then who’s going to protect the children when the parent wanting to help is in jail?! Beyond sad and such a helpless feeling. Helpful all the attention will force changes and put all eyes on the safety of Sophie and her brothers.

MOO

Last edited:
I had to take a step back and observe and read others opinions on this case. I watched some videos of child advocates about how these videos are exploiting her even more, her trauma. Of course no action would have been as swift if social media didn't make this viral, so it is a double edge sword. I have removed the videos from my personal social media sites since, in this specific case, an active investigation is taking place. I say it is a double edge sword because there wouldn't have been outrage if it wasn't posted, but looking back on the videos, maybe the father should have blurred out S's face to help protect her innocence a bit. She will always have this internet footprint for the rest of her life now. IMO No parent knows (unless they have gone through this, and I have not) how they would react when the system has been dragging their feet on the sexual abuse allegations since July. IMO, I am sure S's father was finally fed up and wanted to take to social media and get the story out there so action would take place, and it did, it worked. I just wish, looking back, that S's face would have been blurred out to help protect her in the future. MOO

Let's all hope that S receives the investigation she deserves and is placed with the parent who will not do any harm to her, mentally, physically and/or sexually. She deserves to live the life of a happy 9 year old and not be dealing with this heinous act.

Ok. I watched the video. This is a complex situation I’m sensing. From what I can tell, at the time of the video:

1. S was living with dad and had court-ordered visits with mom now.
2. The mom is not allowed to have anyone present for visits and her mother has to monitor them.
3. The court likely found evidence of alienation. But they also found that it’s in the child’s best interest to live primarily with dad and to supervise mom’s visits.
4. Child is conflicted. Her grandmother doesn’t understand that a child can be okay during a visit and have fun, even, but still harbor traumatic feelings and fear being with the other parent. Yes there was no molestation during the last visit. And like most kids, S found fun as she could. She also seems to love her grandmother. But that doesn’t mean her issues were resolved.
5. CPS and forensic psychologists have been involved in this case and were the basis for the court orders.

Based on the statement in one of the articles, the kids were taken into CPS custody and are in foster care. That is why dad doesn’t know where they are. That can happen if:

1. They need to fully investigate the molestation claims and rule everyone out even though S is saying who it is.
2. Neither parent has been deemed suitable at the moment, possibly due to evidence of alienation on the part of dad.
3. They just need to vet dad as part of their normal process before they release her to him.

I will say a couple things from observing this situation and watching everyone involved:
1. The child has to be listened to. She is in extreme distress.
2. At the beginning of one video, the dad did not seem concerned about taking S to see her mom. Possibly because it is to be supervised by grandma and no one is allowed to come.
3. Stepmom seemed a bit exasperated by the child’s resistance to go pointing out that grandma wouldn’t let S be harmed during a visit. I don’t say that to criticize the stepmom. I think she was being reasonable and there’s a lot we do not know.
4. I have seen alienated children act this way.
5. A huge sign, however, of parental alienation, is the child can’t state a specific reason for not wanting to go.
6. This child did state a specific reason. “You won’t believe me! Jake has touched me and mom watched!”
I do note, however, that the child didn’t make that statement for some time when asked repeatedly why she didn’t want to go. But the child is clearly distressed.
7. The child said Jake scratches her and touches her. She didn’t describe rubbing or putting his fingers or anything else inside her. She then said she woke up to find blood. It appears she assumed the guy did it. However, it is possible this little girl has started to have her period.
8. The statement she made about her mom making her feel bad about herself was very sad and super credible to me. It sounded perhaps that the mom makes her feel bad for having been touched by the man or for saying she was.

This is a mess of a case. There’s a lot we don’t know.
Thank you for your professional insight- I am left wondering how this will unfold in court now

Thank you for your professional insight- I am left wondering how this will unfold in court now

I’ve investigated more and I was totally wrong. I watched part of the court hearing today. Here’s my update on what COULD be happening:

1. One of the parents moved away. Mom was granted custody and dad had one weekend per month and probably weeks in the summer.
2. Due to SOMETHING, there were orders that neither parent is allowed to know the address of the other. That would be the case if there was evidence of stalking, harassment or domestic violence.
3. Looks like during dad’s summer visit, he took her to multiple doctors regarding possible yeast infections/vaginitis. Mom’s lawyer insinuated in the hearing today that he was doctor shopping. She also started to say that one of the doctors provided testimony (possibly a declaration) indicating dad had threatened the doctor. However, in the recording of the hearing I saw (someone recorded the zoom hearing and uploaded it) they snipped out the part where mom’s attorney describes whatever threats dad supposedly made. (Interesting).
4. Dads attorney responded that he took the child to three health professionals because the child refused to be examined by a male doctor and that dad had no contact with the doctor who claims he was threatened.
5. Portions of allegations by mom against dad in previous pleadings, alleging he is very mentally ill and has bizarre beliefs and behaviors, were posted by dad to his FB group.
6. The child seems to possibly have made allegations during summer time with dad. Or maybe a weekend visit. That led to temporary, emergency orders giving dad full custody. Then another hearing occurred and temporary orders appear to have been issued granting mom supervised visits with no boyfriend present. Grandma supervising.
7. It looks like there were two visits. The second is the one we see in the video showing the child screaming and crying.
8. After that, another temporary order was issued giving mom back custody. It appear his weekend visits MAY have been halted but I’m not sure. I don’t know why mom was given back custody (per temporary orders). But dad posted something about “if I didn’t agree I would lose my representation.” I’m not sure what he’s referring to. He did not explain.
9. The child was not in foster care, I don’t believe. But with mom or maybe grandma? I think mom or grandma cut off dad’s access to the child OR there were temporary orders issued cutting off access.
10. Today was another emergency hearing. The full hearing during which all the evidence will be viewed and heard will come later. Today, the judge issued an order that mom’s boyfriend cannot be around the three kids and neither can any unrelated male. That’s interesting because it appears the mother has a new child with the guy so I assume they live together. So that’s going to be hard.
11. Dad had zoom calls and monthly weekend visits reinstated, which apparently is what the prior orders were.

12. The judge referred to orders not being complied with. It seems she was mostly referring to dad but tried to be fair and refer to both parents. She kept saying that the custody exchanges would go smoothly. Sort of an or else.
13. The judge has not yet seen the 3 videos of the child but will before the full blown hearing.
14. She had earlier issued orders that the parents take down all videos of the child, within 12 hours. BUT, she clarified that she was not saying they couldn’t post or be part of it have any G F M accounts or TikTok, YouTube or Facebook groups about this case. She just wanted to protect the identity of the kids (faces and voices).

So I think if dad doesn’t comply by taking down videos, he’s going to be in trouble.

14. I don’t know if there is a criminal investigation into the child’s allegations.

15. Poor kid. That’s all I can say.

Last edited:
I’ve investigated more and was wrong. I watched part of the court hearing today. Here’s my update on what COULD be happening:

1. One of the parents moved away. Mom was granted custody and dad had one weekend per month and probably weeks in the summer.
2. Due to SOMETHING, there were orders that neither parent is allowed to know the address of the other. That would be the case if there was evidence of stalking, harassment or domestic violence.
3. Looks like during dad’s summer visit, he took her to multiple doctors regarding possible yeast infections/vaginitis. Mom’s lawyer insinuated in the hearing today that he was doctor shopping. She also started to say that the doctor provided testimony (possibly a declaration) indicating dad had threatened the doctor. However, in the recording of the hearing I saw (someone recorded the zoom hearing and uploaded it) they snipped out the part where mom’s attorney describes whatever threats dad supposedly made. (Interesting).
4. Dads attorney responded that he took the child to three health professionals because the child refused to be examined by a male doctor and that dad had no contact with the doctor who claims he was threatened.
5. Portions of allegations by mom against dad in previous pleadings, alleging he is very mentally ill and has bizarre beliefs and behaviors, were posted by dad to his FB group.
6. The child seems to possibly have made allegations during summer time with dad. Or maybe a weekend visit. That led to temporary, emergency orders giving dad full custody. Then another hearing occurred and temporary orders appear to have been issued granting mom supervised visits with no boyfriend present. Grandma supervising.
7. It looks like there were two visits. The second is the one we see in the video showing the child screaming and crying.
8. After that, another temporary order was issued giving mom back custody. It appear his weekend visits MAY have been halted but I’m not sure. I don’t know why mom was given back custody (per temporary orders). But dad posted something about “if I didn’t agree I would lose my representation.” I’m not sure what he’s referring to. He did not explain.
9. The child was not in foster care, I don’t believe. But with mom or maybe grandma? I think mom or grandma cut off dad’s access to the child OR there were temporary orders issued cutting off access.
10. Today was another emergency hearing. The full hearing during which all the evidence will be viewed and heard will come later. Today, the judge issued an order that mom’s boyfriend cannot be around the three kids and neither can any unrelated male. That’s interesting because it appears the mother has a new child with the guy so I assume they live together. So that’s going to be hard.
11. Dad had zoom calls and monthly weekend visits reinstated, which apparently is what the prior orders were.

12. The judge referred to orders not being complied with. It seems she was mostly referring to dad but tried to be fair and refer to both parents. She kept saying that the custody exchanges would go smoothly. Sort of an or else.
13. The judge has not yet seen the 3 videos of the child but will before the full blown hearing.
14. She had earlier issued orders that the parents take down all videos of the child, within 12 hours. BUT, she clarified that she was not saying they couldn’t post or be part of it have any G F M accounts or TikTok, YouTube or Facebook groups about this case. She just wanted to protect the identity of the kids (faces and voices).

So I think if dad doesn’t comply by taking down videos, he’s going to be in trouble.

14. I don’t know if there is a criminal investigation into the child’s allegations.

15. Poor kid. That’s all I can say.
WOW ! thank you @gitana1 for taking the time to review all of this. It sounds as if there are issues on both sides possibly but I think it is very important about the "males" at mom's house. However, unless there is supervision I have my doubts that it will be complied with.
We don't do family law but we have had a bit of involvement in a contentious divorce regarding securing the equity in a home - and the Judge (it's awful) has had to order custody exchanges be done under the supervision of LE at the police station - too many violent (how can this be?) exchanges so the solution is this. I don't envy these judges but sometimes I just don't get it.

again, many thanks to you!

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6