Found Safe TX - Sophie, 9, w/ Michael Long, non-custodial parent, Seguin, 12 July 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm so happy

Collin County Sheriff's Office McKinney, Texas

24m ·

Press Release - 12.11.21
For Immediate Release:
The Collin County Sheriff’s Office confirms that Sophie Long has been located in a foreign country and is in protective custody. Arrangements are being made for her safe return to her family in the United States.
Michael Long is in custody on a felony warrant for Interference with Child Custody. The United States government is working on the extradition of Long back to Collin County, Texas.
Collin County Sheriff Jim Skinner stated, “Many months of determined work by my deputies, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the U.S. Marshals paid off this morning. We are so happy that Sophie is safe.”
No additional information regarding this case will be released until Sophie is back on U.S. soil.

I sincerely hope Sophie ends up in a safe environment. Knowing that step-dad was arrest for abuse this year doesn't make me feel warm or fuzzy about her going back to mom. The courts seem to not really know which direction to go. Maybe away from both parents in order to determine the truth. Prayers for little Sophie and her mental state as well as physical safety!! So glad she is alive and found.

I sincerely hope Sophie ends up in a safe environment. Knowing that step-dad was arrest for abuse this year doesn't make me feel warm or fuzzy about her going back to mom. The courts seem to not really know which direction to go. Maybe away from both parents in order to determine the truth. Prayers for little Sophie and her mental state as well as physical safety!! So glad she is alive and found.

The good thing is she is no longer with him and hasn't been since before that event even happened. She definitely has poor taste in men.

I'm hoping Sophie is still safe and doing well wherever she is now. Are there any known updates about the legal proceedings against Michael?

Her dad took a plea deal today. He got the kidnapping charges dropped and was convicted of Interference with Child Custody. He got a sentence of 2 years in prison and his ex and children have a lifetime protective order

I'm glad for the lifetime PO, but would have preferred he remain in prison at least until she was a legal adult.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice
Back