Found Safe TX - SS, 8, Fort Worth, kidnapped while walking w/mother, 18 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<modsnip - quoted a removed post>

JMO, Could a church member be monitoring scanner?

I keep mine on 24/7, playing in the background. Amazing want you can learn about local LE.

Thank goodness FT Worth LE showed up within minutes after the Forrest Hills LE, showed up for the second time!!!! Or we could be looking at a different outcome.

Yeap, there a story here.....

Last edited by a moderator:

I keep mine on 24/7, playing in the background. Amazing want you can learn about local LE.

Thank goodness FT Worth LE showed up within minutes after the Forrest Hills LE, showed up for the second time!!!! Or we could be looking at a different outcome.

Yeah, I suppose that's possible (listening to scanner) - but something smells to me about all of this when you start looking at the details more.

Why is the FBI involved now?

Hero Pastor Speaks Out About Rescue of Abducted Fort Worth Girl

A day after he helped police locate a missing 8-year-old girl, pastor Jeff King recounts the moments that lead up to her rescue.

"I was sitting at home with my wife when a friend texted and said that our friends' daughter had been kidnapped. All I could think is what are we going to do to help?" said Jeff King, pastor at Bear Creek Bible Church in Keller.

bbm

ETA: They are heroes in my mind. moo

Yeah, I suppose that's possible (listening to scanner) - but something smells to me about all of this when you start looking at the details more.

Why is the FBI involved now?

Good question on the FBI

a child is missing and possibly kidnapped, but no interstate transportation is known, will the FBI begin an investigation?

Yes. The FBI will initiate a kidnapping investigation involving a missing child “of tender years,” even though there is no known interstate aspect. “Tender years” is generally defined as a child 12 years or younger. The FBI will monitor other kidnapping situations when there is no evidence of interstate travel, and it offers assistance from various entities including the FBI Laboratory.

Good question on the FBI

a child is missing and possibly kidnapped, but no interstate transportation is known, will the FBI begin an investigation?

Yes. The FBI will initiate a kidnapping investigation involving a missing child “of tender years,” even though there is no known interstate aspect. “Tender years” is generally defined as a child 12 years or younger. The FBI will monitor other kidnapping situations when there is no evidence of interstate travel, and it offers assistance from various entities including the FBI Laboratory.

Wouldn't this just be for children who are still missing? I simply don't know enough about when/how FBI gets involved in these cases after the child has been found.

Wouldn't this just be for children who are still missing? I simply don't know enough about when/how FBI gets involved in these cases after the child has been found.

Apparently it is a federal crime if under a certain age. Interesting glad you brought this up.

Title 18, U.S.C., section 1201(g) provides special rules for offenses involving children. Where the victim is under the age of 18 years and the offender has obtained such age and is not a parent, grandparent,brother, sister, aunt, uncle, or person having legal custody, sentencing levels are increased to reflect the severity of the treatment and situation in which the child has been placed.

1034. Kidnapping—Federal Jurisdiction

I know, none of us do because it just doesn't happen! If they are found alive it's generally in another state or years later. This is a new one for me to have them involved after the child is found alive quickly in the same state. I'm glad and not surprised but it is interesting for sure.

Last edited:
Good. I hope they release the body cam footage of that first encounter with the suspect (assuming it exists).

MOO.

I won't be betting on this, but I would be looking for a good lawyer. I'd also request ALL LE radio traffic and cell phone calls, immediately.

Love my scanner !!!! Everyone needs one....

JMO...

Last edited:
I can think of many reasons the FBI might step in. Perhaps they found evidence he planned to take her to another state? Or evidence of other similar crimes he has committed in other states? Perhaps the car was stolen from out of state? Perhaps the blood in the car came from a different victim not connected with this case? Or perhaps the chief of police getting fired is probable cause for the FBI to step in and investigate? IDK, but I think there are many reasons the FBI picks up a case. I'm so glad they did though!

MOO.

Fort Worth police Chief Joel Fitzgerald has been fired after incident in Washington, D.C. | Fort Worth | Dallas News

In November, Baltimore's then-Mayor Catherine Pugh announced that Fitzgerald had been selected as the sole finalist for that role, calling him the best "choice to lead Baltimore City's crime fight."

But Fitzgerald withdrew his name from consideration in January after aBaltimore Sun article indicated that he had overstated some of his accomplishments during his three years in charge of the Fort Worth department.

Fitzgerald's résumé claimed a sharp reduction in violent crime in Fort Worth, according to the report. Thefts and burglaries had decreased since he assumed office, according to FBI data, but rapes, homicides and aggravated assaults had risen.

Fitzgerald also claimed he had instituted the largest body-camera program in the state, according to The Sun, but the city's program existed before he became chief and Houston's police department appears to own hundreds more of the cameras.

Wow to the strange story about how she was found

I just don’t want anything in this search and arrest to stop this guy from spending the rest of his life in prison away from people , esp children, that he can harm again.

And yeah, what’s with the dinky bail?

I think someone should be getting all the details on how this pastor 'found' the car by some 'miracle'...

This is the first time that I can remember that everyone from Texas on my facebook page shared a missing person post. A friends family member had posted under her shared post that they were getting people together to go hunt for the car in our area thinking he may have come to our sketchy motels ( we are about 20ish minutes away and different city). The Amber Alert not hitting phones seemed to light a match under many citizens butts. I wouldn't have minded riding along side someone had I not had this stupid bronchitis. The Pastor said he had gotten a tip to look at another hotel and either when in route to that one or leaving they decided to look at the one she was found at since they were passing by it.

This is the first time that I can remember that everyone from Texas on my facebook page shared a missing person post. A friends family member had posted under her shared post that they were getting people together to go hunt for the car in our area thinking he may have come to our sketchy motels ( we are about 20ish minutes away and different city). The Amber Alert not hitting phones seemed to light a match under many citizens butts. I wouldn't have minded riding along side someone had I not had this stupid bronchitis. The Pastor said he had gotten a tip to look at another hotel and either when in route to that one or leaving they decided to look at the one she was found at since they were passing by it.

It may seem hard to believe that local folks went out to search, especially in such a large city.

I live in a small community and this happens several times per year. We have a large rural, mountainous terrain and limited LE.

Most recently we found a run away HS student, using a couple of friends drones, 4wds, a tractor, cell phones and a neighbors hunting dogs.

Just two weeks ago, we localed a friend's stolen van. We rode back and dirt roads.

WS had at least one poster that was involved in the search for SS and posted about the area him/her searched.

I've learned a lot from my short time on WS. Most importantly time is of the essence!!!!

Last edited:
So bit by bit everyone’s story is changing a little. Gah

Don’t give his lawyer any daylight, please

He's safely in the hands of the FBI. They didn't waste any time, transferred at 8 am today and said more charges would be released after his court appearance.

LE made the arrest, not a citizen. It matters not in a crimal case who finds the criminal. What is important that LE reads his Miranda Rights and offers an attorney. Hopefully LE got that right.

So bit by bit everyone’s story is changing a little. Gah

Don’t give his lawyer any daylight, please

This is basically what he said at the press conference. I've not heard any other story. He was out searching when he got a tip to check another hotel/motel and they drove past the place she was found at either before or after ( I cant remember) and decided to give a quick look. I'm not catching any sketchy vibes off the pastor finding the car. Like I said even in my city a gentleman was getting people together to go look in our hotels and motels so I do not find it odd that a citizen found the car before cops did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back